Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wayne Routledge has signed

Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:11 am

Wayne Routledge has signed a new one-year deal at Swansea.

The 35-year-old was out of contract at the end of the 2019/20 season but will now complete a decade at the Liberty Stadium after agreeing fresh terms.

Routledge joined the Swans from Newcastle in 2011 and has made 284 appearances for the club in all competitions, scoring 32 goals.

“It’s been an incredible ride so far – I’m coming up to 10 years of service at Swansea City and that means a lot,” Routledge told the club’s website.

“Reaching 300 appearances here would be a really nice achievement. I am not too far away, but more important is that the gaffer, the club, my team-mates and the fans want me here, and that’s what I feel.”

Re: Wayne Routledge has signed

Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:50 am

Keeping hold of the old fogey is good for them considering how small their squad is ATM. They need to bring in a fair few players if they want to be anywhere near where they finished last season given the loss of loan and out of contract players.

Re: Wayne Routledge has signed

Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:17 am

Forever Blue wrote:Wayne Routledge has signed a new one-year deal at Swansea.

The 35-year-old was out of contract at the end of the 2019/20 season but will now complete a decade at the Liberty Stadium after agreeing fresh terms.

Routledge joined the Swans from Newcastle in 2011 and has made 284 appearances for the club in all competitions, scoring 32 goals.

“It’s been an incredible ride so far – I’m coming up to 10 years of service at Swansea City and that means a lot,” Routledge told the club’s website.

“Reaching 300 appearances here would be a really nice achievement. I am not too far away, but more important is that the gaffer, the club, my team-mates and the fans want me here, and that’s what I feel.”

....plus the club offered me a few quid more.
Don’t forget to add that bit Wayne.