Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

6,000 CAPACITY COULD START FROM OCTOBER FOR CARDIFF C

Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:19 am

Cardiff and Swansea fans handed boost after Championship club makes plans for supporters to return with a 6,000 capacity- reports

By Glen Williams

Saturday 8th August 2020

Championship clubs have been given a boost that supporters might be allowed back into games from the start of October after one team in the division reportedly made plans for fans to return.

Matches in the top two tiers of English football have taken place behind closed doors since mid-June in light of the coronavirus pandemic, after the action on the pitch was postponed for three months.

Regarding the return of spectators to live sporting events, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said last month that this could happen from October or November, with pilot events taking place beforehand.

These pilots – including cricket matches at the Oval and Edgbaston, Glorious Goodwood in horse racing and snooker at The Crucible – but were cancelled over fears of a second wave of Covid-19.

It must be noted, however, that any legislation passed in England might not necessarily be the case in Wales, owing to devolved powers in the Welsh government.

It is perfectly feasible fans could be given the green light in England,but Cardiff City and Swansea City fans, in Wales, would not necessarily be allowed to follow suit. First Minister Mark Drakeford has already warned mass gatherings at sporting events are still a long way off in Wales, refusing to commit to an November return.

Having said that, The South London Press report Millwall are readying themselves for fans to return to The Den from October or November in the upcoming 2020/21 season, albeit on a limited basis.

The report claims an expected capacity of just under 6,000 fans could be allowed to attend games, with the new campaign due to begin in mid-September, meaning the opening few rounds of fixtures would still be played behind closed doors.

This would include the 2,600 who have renewed their season tickets already being allowed to attend every match, with fewer than 1,000 more still up for grabs.

After this limit has been reached, those who have yet to renew their season tickets but do so will have their attendance at matches rotated.

The report added the upper and lower tiers of the away end would house Millwall fans, with limits placed on the number of people in each hospitality box and only a certain number of scouts allowed to attend.

Work is also taking place at The Den to move turnstiles to the main gates and install checkpoints in front of them, as well as having food and drinks kiosks outside.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 6,000 CAPACITY COULD START FROM OCTOBER FOR CARDIFF C

Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:31 am

Great news

Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:33 am

If City are telling the truth? 7,500 season tickets sold so far, interesting how they would do it?

I have renewed my 2 :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:58 am

I would suggest 80% st holders 10% hospitality 10 % non season ticket holders ...based on a rotation system...but let's wait and see...it needs to be fair as possible to all categories inc hospitality and non season ticket holders but obviously season ticket holders would be the biggest chunk ...all speculation ar this stage though

Supporters groups need to be heavily involved in the discussion to get everyone singing from the same hymn sheet...its important not to pass fans off but it has to be safe and has to be fair.

Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:33 pm

corky wrote:I would suggest 80% st holders 10% hospitality 10 % non season ticket holders ...based on a rotation system...but let's wait and see...it needs to be fair as possible to all categories inc hospitality and non season ticket holders but obviously season ticket holders would be the biggest chunk ...all speculation ar this stage though

Supporters groups need to be heavily involved in the discussion to get everyone singing from the same hymn sheet...its important not to pass fans off but it has to be safe and has to be fair.

Sounds the only fair way tbh. Just imagine missing Swansea home game but being allowed the Rotherham home game instead. All speculation atm tho I suppose

Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:24 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
corky wrote:I would suggest 80% st holders 10% hospitality 10 % non season ticket holders ...based on a rotation system...but let's wait and see...it needs to be fair as possible to all categories inc hospitality and non season ticket holders but obviously season ticket holders would be the biggest chunk ...all speculation ar this stage though

Sounds the only fair way tbh. Just imagine missing Swansea home game but being allowed the Rotherham home game instead. All speculation atm tho I suppose

Think it will be based on size of ground? 6k in ccs is not same as 6k in 20k stadium or even smaller one! But how can you let non st holders in and not st holders who have shown commitment to club on a very dodgy watch city tv if no spectators?

Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Think it will be based on size of ground? 6k in ccs is not same as 6k in 20k stadium or even smaller one! But how can you let non st holders in and not st holders who have shown commitment to club on a very dodgy watch city tv if no spectators?

I think size of stadiums size of concourses and size of footprint outside stadiums all need to be factored in and then the transport plan around organisation of an event..it will be very complex...then the restrictions that would need to be in place to allow fans in...like face masks social distancing temperature checks...track and trace etc...will put a lot of fans off anyway.

As to non season tickets access to a small percentage of tickets then that is the fairest way...these fans pay a lot more to attend games than season ticket holders many often attend up to 70 per cent of games anyway...many live many miles away so a season ticket is not their best option...other fans simply can't afford to buy one..so excluding non season ticket holders altogether would be grossly unfair and something I would strongly oppose and would expect fan organisations to do likewise.
All fans need to feel part of the club and not excluded
However all the above is not yet relevant and we need to hope that something can be done to get fans back into games however difficult is most important but must be done safely and fairly for ALL categories of our support

Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:33 pm

I can see the Welsh clubs being at a disadvantage when fans are eventually allowed back into stadiums.

Every other week they'll be playing away games at stadiums where home fans are allowed to attend (even if in drastically reduced numbers) and they'll be playing their home games in empty stadiums because Drakeford has made it clear that he has no intention of even giving any consideration to fans attending grounds for the foreseeable future.

Remember another difference between England and Wales is that social distancing remains at 2m in Wales but only 1.5m in England so with the 2m rule looking to be in place for at least the next five to ten years in Wales then even if fans were allowed back into Welsh stadiums then far fewer of them will be able to attend due to the 2m rule.

Drakeford determined to keep us safe/downtrodden for as long as possible (delete depending on your view).

Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:58 pm

corky wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I think size of stadiums size of concourses and size of footprint outside stadiums all need to be factored in and then the transport plan around organisation of an event..it will be very complex...then the restrictions that would need to be in place to allow fans in...like face masks social distancing temperature checks...track and trace etc...will put a lot of fans off anyway.

As to non season tickets access to a small percentage of tickets then that is the fairest way...these fans pay a lot more to attend games than season ticket holders many often attend up to 70 per cent of games anyway...many live many miles away so a season ticket is not their best option...other fans simply can't afford to buy one..so excluding non season ticket holders altogether would be grossly unfair and something I would strongly oppose and would expect fan organisations to do likewise.
All fans need to feel part of the club and not excluded
However all the above is not yet relevant and we need to hope that something can be done to get fans back into games however difficult is most important but must be done safely and fairly for ALL categories of our support

Agree upto point about including all fans but some fans are paying £900 for st... I pay £500 as an over 60 who would not be happy if someone is let in and a person wasnt after paying £900? Tricky situation for any club...

Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:01 pm

Agree its a very difficult situation that our club faces and they will not be able to please everyone..cost of season tickets start at £70 for over 1000 juniors for example so we could exclude those for example in favour of the people paying a lot more...that cant be allowed to happen by the way...the point is the principle applied when we know how many are available to sell and that formula must be inclusive of all fan categories but obviously heavily loaded in favour of season ticket holders but not exclusively to them and the hospitality sector

Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:18 pm

corky wrote:Agree its a very difficult situation that our club faces and they will not be able to please everyone..cost of season tickets start at £70 for over 1000 juniors for example so we could exclude those for example in favour of the people paying a lot more...that cant be allowed to happen by the way...the point is the principle applied when we know how many are available to sell and that formula must be inclusive of all fan categories but obviously heavily loaded in favour of season ticket holders but not exclusively to them and the hospitality sector

No it cant so guess it's a case of balancing what areas can seat who? Red seats has capacity of 7k so surely attendance must reflect on size of stadium and facilities? But whilst ccs is ok on all fronts due to its design and layout , other stadiums that are as big are not so well appointed and comparing size is not possible on deciding max crowd ! Anyway time will tell how it will be decided if at all.... :old:

Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:23 pm

Another thing to consider is that if it’s day 6k ST holders as opposed to 5k and 1k paying customers it’s a bit of a tricky one.

Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:01 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Agree with this ST holders surely over non ST that's the idea of buyinga ST surely?

Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:26 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Another thing to consider is that if it’s day 6k ST holders as opposed to 5k and 1k paying customers it’s a bit of a tricky one.

As corky says hard to not include non st holders ? Yes we need to
Include all fans but problem is cannot afford to alienate the core supporter against alienating a casual one even though got good reasons for not buying st ! Level 4 is going to be biggest problem as thats where the costliest st are at £900 but its also smallest capacity I would be pished off if couldn't see a game that's for sure, especially if non st holder can. :old:

Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:54 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Another thing to consider is that if it’s day 6k ST holders as opposed to 5k and 1k paying customers it’s a bit of a tricky one.

Include all fans but problem is cannot afford to alienate the core supporter against alienating a casual one even though got good reasons for not buying st ! Level 4 is going to be biggest problem as thats where the costliest st are at £900 but its also smallest capacity I would be pished off if couldn't see a game that's for sure, especially if non st holder can. :old:

Totally understand Al - I’d feel the same. Just trying to think of a fair way for all really.
Trouble is, our ST sakes are likely to increase (maybe to 10k) then there’d be problems

Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:45 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Totally understand Al - I’d feel the same. Just trying to think of a fair way for all really.
Trouble is, our ST sakes are likely to increase (maybe to 10k) then there’d be problems

Rather club than me... but simple thing regarding st is upto end of early bird promotion (2 wks) priority to them st holders! Dont think their is a fair way to do it but using early bird will free up more seats for general sale. As only 4k or so early bird st holders :old:

Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:52 pm

Really can’t see how they could let in a non season ticket holder in before a season Ticket holder.

Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:04 pm

Another thing to remember is that the original story came from Millwall who have a small stadium and concourses compared to ours, also we must remember this is all speculation and guesswork especially on my part, nothing has been decided yet but hopefully when things do get to a stage when fans are allowed back some sort of fair system will be put in place but we all know it will alienate someone no matter what

Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:07 pm

theclaw wrote:Really can’t see how they could let in a non season ticket holder in before a season Ticket holder.

Agree :bluebird:

Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:31 am

This is a really tricky one and I'm glad I'm not making the decision as I can see all sides of the discussion!

I'm a ST holder living in Dorset and back in normal times I could only get to about half the home games and about 10 aways due to location, work commitmemts and mid-week games. If CCFC had to allocate games to ST holders and put me down for a mid-weeker I'd have no chance. But whatever they decide is fine by me as it is what it is.

On a side note that Drakeford idiot is making us Welsh look like a laughing stock. It's like he's suddenly found a bit of power, as in "It's my ball" and I'll only let you play if I win. It's taken me nearly 20 years to re-educate the english that we don't live in caves and this absolute clown has undone all that effort and put us right back in the dark ages. Sorry.....rant over. :bluebird:

Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:02 pm

Until the temporary COVID testing station is closed, I can’t see any crowds being allowed into the CCS because of access to the stadium, rather than the capacity.

Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:32 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:This is a really tricky one and I'm glad I'm not making the decision as I can see all sides of the discussion!

I'm a ST holder living in Dorset and back in normal times I could only get to about half the home games and about 10 aways due to location, work commitmemts and mid-week games. If CCFC had to allocate games to ST holders and put me down for a mid-weeker I'd have no chance. But whatever they decide is fine by me as it is what it is.

On a side note that Drakeford idiot is making us Welsh look like a laughing stock. It's like he's suddenly found a bit of power, as in "It's my ball" and I'll only let you play if I win. It's taken me nearly 20 years to re-educate the english that we don't live in caves and this absolute clown has undone all that effort and put us right back in the dark ages. Sorry.....rant over. :bluebird:

if it comes to it im sure the club could ask ST holders to tick least preferred games ..would actually help them if done correctly..
as for who gets the tickets..it has to be ST holders.. there are many like yourself who buy in support of the club knowing your only getting minimum value... why should someone less invested get a ticket before you..

Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:46 pm

skidemin wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:This is a really tricky one and I'm glad I'm not making the decision as I can see all sides of the discussion!

if it comes to it im sure the club could ask ST holders to tick least preferred games ..would actually help them if done correctly..
as for who gets the tickets..it has to be ST holders.. there are many like yourself who buy in support of the club knowing your only getting minimum value... why should someone less invested get a ticket before you..

Good suggestion as there are games I won't go to for logistically reasons ... family stand plenty of room on Tues eve game so can utilize stand ... sure can safely put more than 6k in ccs due to the fantastic space it offers all round ground

Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:52 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Good suggestion as there are games I won't go to for logistically reasons ... family stand plenty of room on Tues eve game so can utilize stand ... sure can safely put more than 6k in ccs due to the fantastic space it offers all round ground

i miss games every season. and often its the games some fans see as their top priority..

Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:33 pm

skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:

i miss games every season. and often its the games some fans see as their top priority..

It is midweek games I miss when I do mostly because other half cant go.... certainly be interesting to see how they will manage situation? But what's certain won't please everyone..

Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:55 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:

It is midweek games I miss when I do mostly because other half cant go.... certainly be interesting to see how they will manage situation? But what's certain won't please everyone..

Maybe they’d categorise matches so each ST holder would have the same amount of ‘better’ games. Trouble with that tho is that I could have a few games pencilled in for say January and the restrictions could lift / worsen. Go - nightmare to sort!!

Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:26 pm

All this is a load of bollocks in my view. This is all to do with control and nothing to do with a so say pandemic. Partial restrictions stopping a virus sorry what a load of tosh. It won’t be a football experience so that’s why I haven’t renewed. When or more likely if we return to normal as the government are now loving shouting jump and sheep say how high ? Then I will return.
Hope those that have renewed get what they deserve to be treated fairly and not be victims of power trips by over enthusiastic Stewards. And if that dickhead at the senate decides to keep welsh fans away longer than the rest of the uk the club should look at some cash back for the fans that have renewed.

Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:03 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:All this is a load of bollocks in my view. This is all to do with control and nothing to do with a so say pandemic. Partial restrictions stopping a virus sorry what a load of tosh. It won’t be a football experience so that’s why I haven’t renewed. When or more likely if we return to normal as the government are now loving shouting jump and sheep say how high ? Then I will return.
Hope those that have renewed get what they deserve to be treated fairly and not be victims of power trips by over enthusiastic Stewards. And if that dickhead at the senate decides to keep welsh fans away longer than the rest of the uk the club should look at some cash back for the fans that have renewed.

its all a bit of a very very unfunny joke at the moment mate.. .. my boy went on a trip with a local football club to Swansea SA1 last night ..minbus,15 of them said it was mental there,, queues everywhere, streets rammed with people drinking .., walked over to wind street where he said it was even more packed and resembled black Friday .. but.. there was a convo on the bus about the club having separate presentation nights to keep numbers down to adhere to social distancing.. :laughing5: :laughing5:
confused dot com.. i think lots of people are... seeing one thing ,being brainwashed that its another..

they say truth is stranger than fiction....nobody could ever write this...