Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Moore

Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:02 am

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/f ... re-4408884

Re: Moore

Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:16 am

Really hope we're looking at lots of alternatives to this bloke.

Don't blame him in the slightest for keeping his options open and he's at the stage of his career where his next move is a vital one for him.

On the other hand he's not exactly a proven 20 goal a season striker at Championship level so I wouldn't be putting all my eggs in this particular basket. It's questionable whether he is any better than what we have at the moment.

Give it a short while longer and if he doesn't want to commit move on quickly.

I'm sure we've been caught out in the past waiting for players who never end up signing.

Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:20 am

You are right...get a decison out of him or move on only four or five weeks to the start of the season...I hope HARRIS has a few irons in the fire.

Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:28 am

So we definitely know that we are after him and also we definitely know that we are not in talks with him.
All this talk about all the clubs he is linked with, any striker will be linked with lots of clubs. The only thing that surprises me is that he is not linked with all championship clubs! :thumbup:

Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:13 pm

Igovernor wrote:So we definitely know that we are after him and also we definitely know that we are not in talks with him.
All this talk about all the clubs he is linked with, any striker will be linked with lots of clubs. The only thing that surprises me is that he is not linked with all championship clubs! :thumbup:

agree, i read on another thread someone say how slow we are getting deals over the line... reality is this fella has so far been linked with a dozen clubs non of whom have speedily signed him... truth is Wigan need to reduce their wage bill and the window is open so a bunch of journos have been busy imagining moves... who knows if we have made an offer or what offers if any other clubs have made ?

Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:26 pm

£2 million is a mad number for his age, type of player with championship experience. This is probably his only chance to date to be in the driving seat. For a target man he has at least 6 good years at his peak.

As well as salary and extras, he'll need to speak to Harris working out what are his plans ? How does Glatzel and Tomlin figure, are NML, holiett and Murphy staying ? Can Joe Ralls stop over hitting every dead ball.

He is at a pivotal moment in his career of course he needs to explore all his options.