Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff Chairman Dalman promised us and went public saying

Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:50 am

'The family has not received anything': Emiliano Sala's family claim Cardiff City have FAILED to deliver on memorial fund promise

'The family has not received anything': Emiliano Sala's family claim Cardiff City have FAILED to deliver on memorial fund promise

© Reuters / Stephane Mahe

22nd August 2020

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204226 :cry:

The family of Emiliano Sala has claimed that Cardiff City FC has failed to honor their word in donating to a fund in honor of the Argentinian striker who died in a plane crash hours after joining the club last year.
Sala died in January 2019 when a plane he was travelling in crashed in the English channel the evening before he was due to take part in his first training session with then-Premier League club Cardiff.

A dispute between the Welsh side and the team they were purchasing him from, Ligue 1 club Nantes, has been ongoing with Cardiff disputing the requirement for them to pay the £15 million ($19.6 million) transfer fee, saying that they transfer hadn't yet been completed despite having announced the deal days prior.

A further source of dispute has now come from the Sala family, who claim that Cardiff withdrew the offer of a donation to Sala's trust fund "with no explanation."

"Cardiff contacted the family to make a donation to them, but they came back to Argentina with nothing," a lawyer representing the Sala family said.

"They did not have an explanation why they decided to take back the offer. We read in January that the family was happy and everything was sorted, but that's actually not true.”

"We want to make it clear the trust has not paid out, the family has not received anything and are in a very difficult economic situation."

“It was the Cardiff City Chairman who went public saying his club was setting up a fund for the Sala family.”

“This has nothing to do with the on going court case with FC Nantes, this was a gesture by the Chairman of Cardiff City football club which he never honoured.”

In January, around a year following Sala's death, Cardiff announced at a supporters' forum to mark the launch of the Emiliano Sala Memorial Trust that they would donate "a substantial amount of money" to the fund, with chairman Mehmet Dalman challenging "any agent who has taken the high ground" to contribute.

"I'd say put your money where you mouth is," Dalman said at the time.

Sala's family, though, allege that Cardiff have not followed through.

"Emiliano is not there and they really need this money," the Sala family lawyer continued.

"It has been really difficult to get an agreement with the club for different reasons and it is very frustrating.

"We have reached a very difficult point in our communications with Cardiff's representative, but I think it can be solved."

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff Chairman Dalman promised us and went public sayi

Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:27 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:07 pm

Replies from
FB:

Nigel Harris:

City must respond to this but I am struggling to understand who should benefit or needs to benefit.

Sala had no partner or children to support, his brother and sister are adults with their own lives so is family just his mother?

And doesn't Sala have insurance, property etc that should provide large support anyway?

Just wondering.

David Richards:

Pay up Tan you crook

Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:28 pm

The 'family' situation regarding Sala is confusing, as it seems everyone wants a piece of the pie...

The ONLY person who should receive any benefit in kind is Emiliano's mother, who is surely his sole beneficiary

Cardiff City FC will have their reasons for not honouring (if that is an apt use of terminology) their 'promise' to date and it is likely that they will want to keep that to themselves pending other decisions/developments surrounding the whole sorry saga

Like others, I'm happy to wait until all business is concluded before praising or condemning any party

Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:36 pm

Sven wrote:The 'family' situation regarding Sala is confusing, as it seems everyone wants a piece of the pie...

The ONLY person who should receive any benefit in kind is Emilisano;'s mother, who is surely his sole beneficiary

Cardiff City FC will have their reasons for not honouring (if that is an apt use of terminology) their 'promise' to date and it is likely that they will want to keep that to themselves pending other decisions/developments surrounding the whole sorry saga

Ilike others, I'm happy to wait until all business is concluded before praising or condemning any party

its not something our club needed to do mate... thats my take..
we lost a club legend in an accident a couple of months back who i believe had a wife and young family.. but no fund launch infront of the media.. or have i missed it... ?

Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:38 pm

Sven wrote:The 'family' situation regarding Sala is confusing, as it seems everyone wants a piece of the pie...

The ONLY person who should receive any benefit in kind is Emilisano;'s mother, who is surely his sole beneficiary

Ilike others, I'm happy to wait until all business is concluded before praising or condemning any party

Absolutely! Reserve judgement until a natural conclusion is reached. :thumbup:

Unfortunately, in the modern day, people can be quite judgemental, minus all the facts and remember, just because it’s printed in a newspaper...

Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:48 pm

There are so many hidden agendas . Im not talking about the Sala incident , terrible as it is.
Im talking about all these veiled digs at Vincent Tan.

Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:53 pm

nojac wrote:There are so many hidden agendas . Im not talking about the Sala incident , terrible as it is.

Seems that way ,rehashed story's in the media

Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:01 pm

wez1927 wrote:
nojac wrote:There are so many hidden agendas . Im not talking about the Sala incident , terrible as it is.

rehashed from where wez ?. the first i heard of it was Saturday..

Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:10 pm

skidemin wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Exactly this report is reported on reutures today the 24th so you heard it on Saturday making this report rehashed from another media source , we had the same story as a sticky from the same story a couple of days ago and now another sticky if you get my drift :lol:

Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:22 pm

wez1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Exactly this report is reported on reutures today the 24th so you heard it on Saturday making this report rehashed from another media source , we had the same story as a sticky from the same story a couple of days ago and now another sticky if you get my drift :lol:

Could also be snippets from previous story about this fund that as been re published to put pressure on club as its come from solicitor apparently! Just seems odd every so often something is said about club that puts it in bad light regarding this incident , almost as if there is an agenda by someone to keep it in news. :o

Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:25 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Could also be snippets from previous story about this fund that as been re published to put pressure on club as its come from solicitor apparently! Just seems odd every so often something is said about club that puts it in bad light regarding this incident , almost as if there is an agenda by someone to keep it in news. :o

Agree ,tbh most people i know even the people who hate tan and the rebrand etc have had enough of the media bullshit and have stuck to supporting harris and the boys on the pitch and have left club politics alone now

Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:32 pm

wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Agree ,tbh most people i know even the people who hate tan and the rebrand etc have had enough of the media bullshit and have stuck to supporting harris and the boys on the pitch and have left club politics alone now

Will say WEZ most responses to this post have been on citys side so maybe fans are seeing it for what it is an attempt to discredit tan/club again.

Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:13 pm

They make out they are entitled to it and are dragging the club through the media.
As far as i know it was just a nice gesture by Dalman and the club at the time but things change we have just been through the covid virus and businesses are tightening up their finances and there may be other reasons.
Personally i would not give them a penny now.

Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:21 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

so you think someone on the message board is creating news stories..

Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:25 pm

skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

This same story is on 2 other CCFC mbs and before I put it out.

Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

yep im aware mate, was being sarcastic to Allan...
how anyone thinks posting a telegraph/reuters/ sky article is them being deliberately negative beats me..
as does thinking citys side here is that its fine to have the club written about negatively....its not..
the promise was unnecessary in the first place...and the negativity comes there...

Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:51 pm

skidemin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

how anyone thinks posting a telegraph/reuters/ sky article is them being deliberately negative beats me..
as does thinking citys side here is that its fine to have the club written about negatively....its not..
the promise was unnecessary in the first place...and the negativity comes there...

Exactly and spot on.

Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:30 pm

What have Nantes done for Sala’s family?

Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:32 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:What have Nantes done for Sala’s family?

Shhhhhh don't mention them only cardiff bashing allowed :lol:

Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:42 pm

nothing...but to my knowledge they did not promise to either..

Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:53 pm

In other news...............

Anything please just not this tripe again !!!!

Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Exactly and spot on.

Wont argue there ! As they say you try to do what's best or right but that's not always a good thing especially when city is concerned. :old:

Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:39 pm

skidemin wrote:

nothing...but to my knowledge they did not promise to either..

Thats my point and the Media and Salas families point, dont promise something your not going to go through/deliver with and if your not then tell them your not.

I have said it direst to Dalman on over a dozen occasions, you should of been a politician :lol:

Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:40 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Exactly and spot on.

Wont argue there ! As they say you try to do what's best or right but that's not always a good thing especially when city is concerned. :old:

Allan, I love putting out positive news, but I have a responsibility to put out all news on City :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:51 pm

skidemin wrote:

we lost a club legend in an accident a couple of months back who i believe had a wife and young family.. but no fund launch infront of the media.. or have i missed it... ?

You're not wrong there, fella :thumbup:

The problem is that it was said by club officials at the time and repeated at different points. However, the whole mood of the aftermath changed when it was announced Cardiff City FC would 'challenge' their need to pay the fee for the player

Let's not forget that Sala's family have been quite critical of Cardiff City FC (maybe without knowing the full facts) on more than one occasion and, maybe in the absence of any real contrition from FC Nantes, feel their 'best' route to financial settlement is through Cardiff City FC (nee Vincent Tan)

As said elsewhere, FC Nantes appear to have received little or no criticism for their part in the whole sorry saga

Or have they? :?

For me, as ever, there are mischievous locals doing a lot of the stirring and that includes our own media here in Wales. They appear to be constantly looking for negative 'stories' on our club rather than positive ones. How many times do you read on here that our 'successes' are largely ignored by the same people?

Of course, being 'local' we are bound to see/read/hear more of the stories (negative or otherwise) from the City end than we are from the FC Nantes end, aren't we?

Or maybe our media (and some individuals) are only interested in any opportunity to run our club down?

From my point of view, I feel Cardiff City FC (again nee Vincent Tan) have played this whole affair the best way they could, i.e. through the Courts and not through the media. They clearly feel they have a case (their prerogative) and I can see where that might be, whilst I feel FC Nantes are simply hanging on to a 'hope' that things are found in their favour financially

Only time will tell on that and I'm not a lawyer, so I'm not one to condone or condemn either side before it is all settled and the facts are laid out in legal terms

I certainly won't be lining up to slate the club I've actively supported since I was 6 years of age in order to achieve an agenda that suits my purposes rather than my factual knowledge

The OP is right to put it out there, as it's a Cardiff City news story and we (as a Forum) are here to report on all matter Cardiff City FC positive, negative and in between. Some people just need to remember that just putting it out as an exact copy from the media source isn't necessarily providing personal opinion and/or fact

It's just a 'story' and should be debated as such; and your comment on the club legend who left a young wife and family is one that far more resonates with me right now, too! :clap:

Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:53 pm

Sven wrote:
skidemin wrote:

The problem is that it was said by club officials at the time and repeated at different points. However, the whole mood of the aftermath changed when it was announced Cardiff City FC would 'challenge' their need to pay the fee for the player

Let's not forget that Sala's family have been quite critical of Cardiff City FC (maybe without knowing the full facts) on more than one occasion and, maybe in the absence of any real contrition from FC Nantes, feel their 'best' route to financial settlement is through Cardiff City FC (nee Vincent Tan)

As said elsewhere, FC Nantes appear to have received little or no criticism for their part in the whole sorry saga

For me, as ever, there are mischievous locals doing a lot of the stirring and that includes our own media here in Wales. They appear to be constantly looking for negative 'stories' on our club rather than positive ones. How many times do you read on here that our 'successes' are largely ignored by the same people?

Of course, being 'local' we are bound to see/read/hear more of the stories (negative or otherwise) from the City end than we are from the FC Nantes end, aren't we?

Or maybe our media (and some individuals) are only interested in any opportunity to run our club down?

From my point of view, I feel Cardiff City FC (again nee Vincent Tan) have played this whole affair the best way they could, i.e. through the Courts and not through the media. They clearly feel they have a case (their prerogative) and I can see where that might be, whilst I feel FC Nantes are simply hanging on to a 'hope' that things are found in their favour financially

Only time will tell on that and I'm not a lawyer, so I'm not one to condone or condemn either side before it is all settled and the facts are laid out in legal terms

I certainly won't be lining up to slate the club I've actively supported since I was 6 years of age in order to achieve an agenda that suits my purposes rather than my factual knowledge

The OP is right to put it out there, as it's a Cardiff City news story and we (as a Forum) are here to report on all matter Cardiff City FC positive, negative and in between. Some people just need to remember that just putting it out as an exact copy from the media source isn't necessarily providing personal opinion and/or fact

It's just a 'story' and should be debated as such; and your comment on the club legend who left a young wife and family is one that far more resonates with me right now, too! :clap:

Thank you Chris :thumbright: :thumbright:

Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:30 am

Sven wrote:
skidemin wrote:

indeed, a story taken from the press about our club, all be it a negative one , that could be debated..
it went straight into accusations of Tan bashing... who hadnt even been mentioned initially and for a while was probably quite pleased at not being in the firing line { if he reads this board }

Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:41 am

skidemin wrote:
Sven wrote:
skidemin wrote:

indeed, a story taken from the press about our club, all be it a negative one , that could be debated..
it went straight into accusations of Tan bashing... who hadnt even been mentioned initially and for a while was probably quite pleased at not being in the firing line { if he reads this board }

Spot on / Exactly and yes he and all the board read this forum.

Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:49 pm

wez1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

The gratitude to Tan post was put as a sticky too wasn’t it and had full support of this board?