Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jacks getting hammered half time

Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:38 pm

Just seen on twitter the jacks are losing 7-0 half time against southampton

Re: Jacks getting hammered half time

Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:06 pm

Jazzyjeff1991 wrote:Just seen on twitter the jacks are losing 7-0 half time against southampton

Ahh breaks my heart. :laughing5:

Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:20 pm

Think its been announced they are losing their cat 1 status as well. Not a good day for them :occasion5:

Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:48 pm

Escott1927 wrote:Think its been announced they are losing their cat 1 status as well. Not a good day for them :occasion5:

I heard whispers of the category 1 status a while back and I was shot down in flames....by Roathie!! :laughing6:

Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:02 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:Think its been announced they are losing their cat 1 status as well. Not a good day for them :occasion5:

I heard whispers of the category 1 status a while back and I was shot down in flames....by Roathie!! :laughing6:

Who is Roathie? :laughing5:

Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:18 pm

Igovernor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Who is Roathie? :laughing5:

He's anyone who's on here so many identities? :D

Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:32 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

think he was the only one not to know , the coaches have been leaving the sinking ship for months..

Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:39 pm

Brewster also misses the penalty that hands Arsenal the charity shield. The team that fluked their way in to the play offs maybe will be be found out at the start of next season.

Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:37 pm

What was the final score Lads , did they get double figures LOL

Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:54 pm

FT: Southampton 7 - 1 Swansea

Game of 3 x 30 minute session, the final session in which Saints put their Under 5's team out and Swansea were finally able to 'bully' their way into the game ;) :laughing6:

Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:48 pm

Sven wrote:FT: Southampton 7 - 1 Swansea

Game of 3 x 30 minute session, the final session in which Saints put their Under 5's team out and Swansea were finally able to 'bully' their way into the game ;) :laughing6:

:laughing5: :old: :bluebird: :notworthy:

Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:41 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

That’s not true though is it. I was one of the first on here to say it will be going

I posted this 2 seasons ago:-

welshcasual wrote:
It doesn't matter who is asking it really, the answer remains the same.

Parachute payments are there to cover a drop in revenue upon relegation. We went from income around the 105m mark to about 18m. Parachute payments would bump that up to around 60m leaving a 45m per year black hole.

James and McBurnie were sold but sales are amortised, meaning thy payments are spread across a period of time, meaning you dont get 35m up front. So far we have probably had a third of both fees - 12m lets say. Leaving a 33m black hole. This was reduced further by getting rid of salaries etc for the likes of Fer, J Ayew, Narsingh, Bony and Olsson which all in all (including some others) we expected trimmed another 24m of the salary bill. We also added about 1m worth of players in transfer fees, signing on fees and agents fees leaving a 10m loss roughly for the year. Almost certainly some form of loss and no profit at all.

Parachute payments are reduced by around 8m in the second season, yet we carry the costs over from the season before. Its likely we will need to sell another 1 or 2 before being able to break even (that's with the parachute payments).

Without the parachute payments we will need to restructure further, making cuts to the academy status etc to enable us to live self sufficiently.

Anyone who thinks there is any money to take is living in cloud cuckoo land. To be blunt. Hope that answers your question. :thumbup:

Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:47 pm

As for the 7-1 result against Saints.... shocking scoreline.

But these are essentially fitness games, looking at what combinations work and what doesn’t, trying new ideas and formations. I think we had about 25 different players who played or something like that. I have never paid too much attention to pre season.

I think our transfer window has been good so far. Brewster won’t be coming back, can be pretty sure of that. Ayew and Rodon may be out the door too so going to be a tougher year but very positive signings, they seem the right fit. Young and hungry.

Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:04 pm

Doctor wrote:As for the 7-1 result against Saints.... shocking scoreline.

But these are essentially fitness games, looking at what combinations work and what doesn’t, trying new ideas and formations. I think we had about 25 different players who played or something like that. I have never paid too much attention to pre season.

I think our transfer window has been good so far. Brewster won’t be coming back, can be pretty sure of that. Ayew and Rodon may be out the door too so going to be a tougher year but very positive signings, they seem the right fit. Young and hungry.

Good points tbf. I remember us being unbeaten one preseason around 79 / 80? and looked like world beaters and we had a terrible start to the season. I’ve also seen the opposite.

Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:56 pm

Don't know about 'Doctor', although I suggest he needs to see one.

Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:05 pm

C. Rombie-Coat wrote:Don't know about 'Doctor', although I suggest he needs to see one.

Not the first time he's used the 'Doctor' handle in one form or another and shows the conceit of the guy :oops:

Was on here earlier as Elon_Musk after (I am VERY reliably told) using the same name on the Swansea Forum and getting a battering from their members :laughing6:

Seems Doctor Narcissist is not wanted anywhere; even by his (claimed) own ;)

Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:34 pm

Sven wrote:
C. Rombie-Coat wrote:Don't know about 'Doctor', although I suggest he needs to see one.

Not the first time he's used the 'Doctor' handle in one form or another and shows the conceit of the guy :oops:

Was on here earlier as Elon_Musk after (I am VERY reliably told) using the same name on the Swansea Forum and getting a battering from their members :laughing6:

As usual your reliable sources are wrong. Again.

Nothing changes eh? :roll:

Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:36 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Doctor wrote:As for the 7-1 result against Saints.... shocking scoreline.

Good points tbf. I remember us being unbeaten one preseason around 79 / 80? and looked like world beaters and we had a terrible start to the season. I’ve also seen the opposite.

It happens. I remember watching Real Madrid get hammered 7-2 in pre season. :laughing6:

Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:19 am

Doctor wrote:
Sven wrote:

As usual your reliable sources are wrong. Again.

Nothing changes eh? :roll:

You certainly don't, Professor ;) :lol: :lol:

And I'll trust my source without the need to go on another club's Forum :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:32 am

Sven wrote:You certainly don't, Professor ;) :lol: :lol:

And I'll trust my source without the need to go on another club's Forum :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

You can trust who you like, I’m telling you for a fact.

I don’t think I ever seen you be correct about any of your guesses regarding me. Not once :laughing6:

Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:28 am

Doctor wrote:
Sven wrote:You certainly don't, Professor ;) :lol: :lol:

You can trust who you like, I’m telling you for a fact.

I don’t think I ever seen you be correct about any of your guesses regarding me. Not once :laughing6:

So you keep saying; I guess (get it?) that is the privilege of a deliberately anonymous narcissist :dontknow:

Oh, and remember your agreement. We will! :thumbup: ;)

Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:14 am

Sven wrote:So you keep saying; I guess (get it?) that is the privilege of a deliberately anonymous narcissist :dontknow:

Keep saying that Sven, I’m sure you will believe it one day.

Yes, due to certain individuals losing their mind when I talk freely on a Cardiff topic, to the point they act irrational and crazy, I have told Annis that in order to keep the peace here and stop “certain people” having a breakdown due to someone giving an accurate view, I will just discuss the Swansea ones.

That allows me to put right any lies or inaccuracies spread about me too ;)

Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:39 am

Doctor wrote:
Sven wrote:So you keep saying; I guess (get it?) that is the privilege of a deliberately anonymous narcissist :dontknow:

Yes, due to certain individuals losing their mind when I talk freely on a Cardiff topic, to the point they act irrational and crazy, I have told Annis that in order to keep the peace here and stop “certain people” having a breakdown due to someone giving an accurate view, I will just discuss the Swansea ones.

There are no inaccuracies or lies spread about you, it is all true what has been said, just because of your ego you perceive them to be untrue, does not make it so!

Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:21 am

Igovernor wrote:
There are no inaccuracies or lies spread about you, it is all true what has been said, just because of your ego you perceive them to be untrue, does not make it so!

Zero is true, we both know that. You just dislike me because I can debate calmly and get my point across without resorting to name calling. That annoys the hell out of people because they often want to direct their own narrative, something I don't allow. Its facts or nothing in my book.

Take my first contribution to this thread for example. Wasn't difficult to do a quick search and show the claim to be a lie. I was the one stating time and time again the academy status days were numbered :roll:

Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:38 pm

Doctor wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Zero is true, we both know that. You just dislike me because I can debate calmly and get my point across without resorting to name calling. That annoys the hell out of people because they often want to direct their own narrative, something I don't allow. Its facts or nothing in my book.

Take my first contribution to this thread for example. Wasn't difficult to do a quick search and show the claim to be a lie. I was the one stating time and time again the academy status days were numbered :roll:

Ummm what you’ve quoted is not what I was referring to.

Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:21 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I was one of the very first to bring up the notion of us downgrading the academy and have been vocal about it for years.

Show me a single post where so denied it.

Although to save you the effort, I can tell you the outcome now... I didn’t. :D

Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:21 pm

Doctor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I was one of the very first to bring up the notion of us downgrading the academy and have been vocal about it for years.

Show me a single post where so denied it.

Although to save you the effort, I can tell you the outcome now... I didn’t. :D

Yeh ok :laughing6:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:47 pm

Doctor wrote:

Told off on a football forum. Absolutely tragic :lol:

Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:16 pm

Doctor wrote:

What other forums do you post on? Name a few others you use? I don't believe you only use this one

Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:55 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Yeh ok :laughing6:

As I thought.. :occasion5: