Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I had heard the rumours regarding Swansea / it seems true

Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:43 am

They have had their Accademy lowered due to cost cutting

I’ve also been told they could go cat 3 in 6 to 12 months wait and see
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: I had heard the rumours regarding Swansea / it seems tru

Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:44 am

Forever Blue wrote:They have had their Accademy lowered due to cost cutting

Oh dear....

Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:33 am

Roathie will say otherwise ;) :D
He knows best :roll:

Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:03 am

My heart bleeds...........NOT. :bluebird:

Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:19 am

TheHangedMan wrote:My heart bleeds...........NOT. :bluebird:

:lol: ;)

Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:12 am

I understand cost cutting due to the effects covid have had but the money that the academy has earned them over the last few seasons have kept them afloat.

Without that income thay will struggle.

I heard they took a decent sized loan out to cover costs last season that is due to be paid soon :o

They rent off the Swansea Uni and now they are the sponsor i'm thinking theres a deal done due to them not being able to pay rent?

And their hero Ayew still bleeding them :lol:

Some yank loaning them a million for what to cover bills?

Ireally hope that dirty club falls on it's arse

Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:13 am

Seems a stupid decision if its true because they have had a few good players come through.

Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:31 am

Jasonccfc wrote:I understand cost cutting due to the effects covid have had but the money that the academy has earned them over the last few seasons have kept them afloat.
Without that income thay will struggle.
I heard they took a decent sized loan out to cover costs last season that is due to be paid soon :o
They rent off the Swansea Uni and now they are the sponsor i'm thinking theres a deal done due to them not being able to pay rent?
And their hero Ayew still bleeding them :lol:
Some yank loaning them a million for what to cover bills?
Ireally hope that dirty club falls on it's arse

Seems they are really struggling. What a pity. :bluescarf:

Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:33 am

They been telling us for a long time what a big club they are and they are a rich club with big support and know they are making cut backs

Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:18 pm

I’ve also been told they could go cat 3 in 6 to 12 months wait and see

Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:38 pm

Put this out long time ago almost downgraded it last year because it costs reportedly 4m a year to run! And was likely to downgrade this year ? It's a change in policy instead of producing home grown talent they want to pick up youngsters from other clubs and improve them which obviously costs less than cat 1 academy to implement....

Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:49 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Put this out long time ago almost downgraded it last year because it costs reportedly 4m a year to run! And was likely to downgrade this year ? It's a change in policy instead of producing home grown talent they want to pick up youngsters from other clubs and improve them which obviously costs less than cat 1 academy to implement....

From Swans to Magpies, Allan...? ;) :laughing6: :laughing6:

Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:55 pm

If we are serious about bringing through Academy players we should jump at the chance of taking on their Category 1 status Academy rather than mocking their downgrade to a Category 2 which is the same as ours!

Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:57 pm

From a jack to a joke..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:57 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Put this out long time ago almost downgraded it last year because it costs reportedly 4m a year to run! And was likely to downgrade this year ? It's a change in policy instead of producing home grown talent they want to pick up youngsters from other clubs and improve them which obviously costs less than cat 1 academy to implement....

Very much looks like it.. :D
This story was in mainstream sport news at the time so not made up...

Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

Indeed :thumbup:

I may be wrong but didn't we read somewhere that the Bluebirds were 'considering' applying for Category 1 again?

Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:05 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

Indeed :thumbup:

I may be wrong but didn't we read somewhere that the Bluebirds were 'considering' applying for Category 1 again?

Yes think its because of the tie up with wru and the vale with the up grading of facilities..

Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:21 pm

Can we drop ours any lower? We haven't produced anyone in years... :old:

Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:23 pm

They are way ahead of us in terms of young player development so I’d rather focus on what we are doing about it as opposed to celebrating their demise.

Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:24 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:They are way ahead of us in terms of young player development so I’d rather focus on what we are doing about it as opposed to celebrating their demise.

Maybe theirs scouts are just better at recognising talent than ours. It's almost incredible that we we gone ten years without producing a decent player for the first team. I would imagine that for clubs in the premier and championship our youth set up is the worst. Everyone involved in our youth set up over the last decade should be shot.

Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:37 pm

Ponty Bluebird wrote:Roathie will say otherwise ;) :D

Nope, Annis is correct. The Academy status is absolutely being downgraded.

I said it would be a while ago, I said it would probably go after the parachute payments have ended, but since COVID, looks like it will be a year earlier than scheduled.

It’s very expensive to run, almost £4m a year. Completely unsustainable in the Championship.

Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:40 pm

KavanaghsGreyHair wrote:Can we drop ours any lower? We haven't produced anyone in years... :old:

It's not a case of producing anyone it's more a case of our managers not playing them to see if they were good enough? Harris as changed that mindset so hopefully as we are seeing youngsters will get a chance. :thumbup:

Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:27 pm

when I was a coaching my sons football team years ago Swansea always had people at the games all over the Gwent the Caerphilly area and all over the valleys you would only see Cardiff scouts at a tournaments only

Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:56 pm

Doctor wrote:

I said it would be a while ago, I said it would probably go after the parachute payments have ended, but since COVID, looks like it will be a year earlier than scheduled.

It’s very expensive to run, almost £4m a year. Completely unsustainable in the Championship.

Rubbish, £4m/year is sustainable if you produce only one decent player/year. The Jacks have produced many since having a Category 1 Academy and sold some on for massive fees, Ben Davies, Joe Allan,Dan James,McBurnie etc while they still have Welsh Internationals Roberts,Roden and Cardiff boy Cabanga etc That’s well over 100m of talent in 10years!
If we’re serious in producing on own players we take on their Category 1 status!

Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:07 pm

If they had just invested some of the cash they made from selling some of the academy players instead of filtering it out of the club they would be able to afford to keep it.

Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:14 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:If they had just invested some of the cash they made from selling some of the academy players instead of filtering it out of the club they would be able to afford to keep it.

You do wonder where the money from all the sales as gone yes got running costs but are they so high that they need to cut the academic? Its the thing that as given them players and money to improve club?

Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:22 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:If they had just invested some of the cash they made from selling some of the academy players instead of filtering it out of the club they would be able to afford to keep it.

You do wonder where the money from all the sales as gone yes got running costs but are they so high that they need to cut the academic? Its the thing that as given them players and money to improve club?

£80mill+ in player sales and parachute payments alone last season. Massive amounts of money. Surely they should be in a better position than what they are??

Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:46 pm

The yanks have had their initial investment back and a nice profit. Just because it's not in black and white don't mean to say they haven't taken it. Milking the club dry until theres nothing left other than half a squad worth bugger all..

Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:44 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:
Doctor wrote:

Rubbish, £4m/year is sustainable if you produce only one decent player/year. The Jacks have produced many since having a Category 1 Academy and sold some on for massive fees, Ben Davies, Joe Allan,Dan James,McBurnie etc while they still have Welsh Internationals Roberts,Roden and Cardiff boy Cabanga etc That’s well over 100m of talent in 10years!
If we’re serious in producing on own players we take on their Category 1 status!

You can’t guarantee you produce 1 player a year. In fact that’s incredibly unlikely.

You can have an academy 1 status for a decade and produce nobody of any real value. When your total income is £14m, your wage bill is £12m, running costs are another £2m-£3m, a £4m a year outlay for academy 1 status is not sustainable.

Ben Davies, Joe Allen, Connor Roberts and Joe Rodon were with us before category 1 status.

McBurnie, Dan James and Cabango were signed from Bradford, Hull and Newport.

Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:02 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:
Doctor wrote:

Ben Davies and Joe Allen were defo products. but not of a cat 1 academy... most of their time as juniors was spent training wherever was cheap and playing in places like the Elba... not even sure it was called an academy but cetainly wouldnt qualify to be one today... let alone cat1..