Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: I had heard the rumours regarding Swansea / it seems tru

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:29 am

Bluebird_87 wrote:Just seen that Birmingham have applied for catagory 1 status. Not sure how they are affording the 4 million annual costs which Roathy quotes as running costs, but goes to show it is doable within a budget without parachute payments.

Things going on behind the scenes at Swansea which amount to more than whats gone on lately with academy. How you make a 7 million pound loss with sales of 35 million on players is quite a shock.

It’s not a shock. Think about it. We had a £80m wage bill I think from memory. And we were pretty much breaking even come the end of the EPL reign.

After relegation our expenditure doesn’t go down (until you get players off your books) and our income halves to about £60m. So for example if we didn’t sell a single player or reduce any costs, we would have lost £60m that year.

However we sold £40m of players and reduced the wages that they took up. Remember sales are largely amortised too, you don’t get them all in a single accounting year.

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:30 am

Igovernor wrote:Kettle calling the pot black springs to mind, only one troll on here at the moment and that most definitely is you!

Can you show me one post that constitutes trolling then?

You are just spoiling for a fight every single time I post. That’s trolling

Act like an adult ffs, it’s boring. People are trying to discuss things here without having to listen to you and Sven pining over me.

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:32 am

skidemin wrote:

they had a £60 million hole a year ago...were dead lucky to get the fees they got for those 2 ,which has probably saved them...

Not really lucky, it’s part of the business model to hold assets in registrations. Any loss in income from relegation is offset against the book value of playing assets.

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:38 am

Doctor wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Kettle calling the pot black springs to mind, only one troll on here at the moment and that most definitely is you!

Act like an adult ffs, it’s boring. People are trying to discuss things here without having to listen to you and Sven pining over me.

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: That is the trouble with you, you do not recognize that you troll and argue all the time. you are what you are but your massive know it all ego lets you think that you are not a troll, so carry on trolling, nothing more to say, It is like talking to a 5 year old, I do not intend to keep replying to your posts to feed your overinflated ego. So here go go have the last word :wave:

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:44 am

Igovernor wrote:
Doctor wrote:

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: That is the trouble with you, you do not recognize that you troll and argue all the time. you are what you are but your massive know it all ego lets you think that you are not a troll, so carry on trolling, nothing more to say, It is like talking to a 5 year old, I do not intend to keep replying to your posts to feed your overinflated ego. So here go go have the last word :wave:

There is no trouble with me at all. I’m the one who is putting forward reasoned views I am able and willing to back and expand upon when required. There is incredible bias on this forum so of course someone who bases his views on common sense is going to disagree with a high % of those things - but the difference is I can explain articulately exactly why I disagree and probably even prove it to be the case.

If that makes me a troll then by Christ this forum would thrive with more trolls.

However common sense tells us that when we view a person willing to debate sensibly and another falling over themselves for a an online scrap at every opportunity - the troll is certainly not the former.

I hope you don’t intend on replying to me further because the forum is certainly deteriorating from both of your obsessive bickering. Like a couple of giggling school children.

Debate football and we will get along swimmingly.

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:48 am

Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:

they had a £60 million hole a year ago...were dead lucky to get the fees they got for those 2 ,which has probably saved them...

Not really lucky, it’s part of the business model to hold assets in registrations. Any loss in income from relegation is offset against the book value of playing assets.

yes its lucky...either of those deals could have collapsed for a multitude of reasons as often transfers do...

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:52 am

skidemin wrote:
Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:

yes its lucky...either of those deals could have collapsed for a multitude of reasons as often transfers do...

And then sold to the next club.

Dan James and Ollie McBurnie were valuable commodities that would have had multiple suitors lined up.

It would have been extremely UNlucky if a deal collapsed as opposed to lucky they went through. They were always intended to go through and the overwhelming likelihood is that they would have.

We are talking about Championship players going to the Premier League, there is almost no reason they would have collapsed.

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:58 am

Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:

And then sold to the next club.

Dan James and Ollie McBurnie were valuable commodities that would have had multiple suitors lined up.

It would have been extremely UNlucky if a deal collapsed as opposed to lucky they went through. They were always intended to go through and the overwhelming likelihood is that they would have.

We are talking about Championship players going to the Premier League, there is almost no reason they would have collapsed.

no reason ? Mcburnies drugs and alcohol problems be a good place to start.. which you are clearly unaware of, but would be if you knew a few jacks...

Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:10 am

skidemin wrote: Mcburnies drugs and alcohol problems be a good place to start.. which you are clearly unaware of, but would be if you knew a few jacks...

Yawn, are you able to have a discussion without turning it argumentative?

Again, there were plenty of suitors lined up and the way transfers work, all parties would have been sounded out long before they got to the bid. He was a young 22 goal season International striker.

To suggest it was lucky a transfer went through when the overwhelming majority do after a bid has been accepted (especially from Championship to Premier League) is fanciful in the extreme.

Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:27 am

Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote: Mcburnies drugs and alcohol problems be a good place to start.. which you are clearly unaware of, but would be if you knew a few jacks...

Again, there were plenty of suitors lined up and the way transfers work, all parties would have been sounded out long before they got to the bid. He was a young 22 goal season International striker.

To suggest it was lucky a transfer went through when the overwhelming majority do after a bid has been accepted (especially from Championship to Premier League) is fanciful in the extreme.

he doesnt have these problems then ?
.. so no im not arguing further because if you do not know that he has ... id be arguing with someone whos position is...dont know much but will argue in any case....

Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:31 am

skidemin wrote:
Doctor wrote:

.. so no im not arguing further because if you do not know that he has ... id be arguing with someone whos position is...dont know much but will argue in any case....

Here you go again :laughing6:

He has many personal issues, like many successful footballers do. But you are naive if you think Sheff Utd didn’t know this. It’s been common knowledge for a long time. It’s actually quite telling that you actually think it would have been a shock to them and nobody did any due diligence on a £20m signing.

You are trolling.

Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:49 am

Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Doctor wrote:

He has many personal issues, like many successful footballers do. But you are naive if you think Sheff Utd didn’t know this. It’s been common knowledge for a long time. It’s actually quite telling that you actually think it would have been a shock to them and nobody did any due diligence on a £20m signing.

You are trolling.

oh ok...Wilder knew the full extent of his issues :thumbup:
and yes it is quite common knowledge in Swansea that he did quite a bit of both { hence my remark about you would be aware IF you knew a few jacks } ... you clearly had no idea about it but now having done a quick research want to twist your lack of knowledge of it to sound as if i had a hold the front page moment.. i didnt, as always im just trying to educate you and point you in the right direction..

Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:51 am

Don't admin have a policy for trolls?

Persciption for the Doctor? :mrgreen:

Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:57 am

skidemin wrote:
Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Doctor wrote:

You are trolling.

and yes it is quite common knowledge in Swansea that he did quite a bit of both { hence my remark about you would be aware IF you knew a few jacks } ... you clearly had no idea about it but now having done a quick research want to twist your lack of knowledge of it to sound as if i had a hold the front page moment.. i didnt, as always im just trying to educate you and point you in the right direction..

Why are you so oddly hostile? What are you compensating for? You aren’t acting normally, this is getting weirder and weirder. I have forgotten more about Swansea and their players than the likes of you will every know so It’s cute you think you have some kind of inside scoop. :laughing6:

McBurnies issues are and were well known football wide, not just by us. I am amazed you think Sheff Utd didn’t know, they would have done extensive due diligence and would have spoken to a never ending line of people. I know for a fact that if Sheff Utd pulled out then he would have signed for West Ham :thumbup:

So now we have sorted that can you teach us all why we were lucky to sell Dan James? Counting my lucky stars here....

Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:02 pm

GENERAL CHAT wrote:

Yes there is, but he says he is not a troll :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:03 pm

Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Doctor wrote:

You are trolling.

Why are you so oddly hostile? What are you compensating for? You aren’t acting normally, this is getting weirder and weirder. I have forgotten more about Swansea and their players than the likes of you will every know so It’s cute you think you have some kind of inside scoop. :laughing6:

McBurnies issues are and were well known football wide, not just by us. I am amazed you think Sheff Utd didn’t know, they would have done extensive due diligence and would have spoken to a never ending line of people. I know for a fact that if Sheff Utd pulled out then he would have signed for West Ham :thumbup:

So now we have sorted that can you teach us all why we were lucky to sell Dan James? Counting my lucky stars here....

you know for a fact ... :laughing5: :laughing5:

Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:04 pm

skidemin wrote:
Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Doctor wrote:

You are trolling.

Yes, yes I do.

Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:05 pm

Igovernor wrote:
GENERAL CHAT wrote:

Yes there is, but he says he is not a troll :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Now you are learning :thumbup:

Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:10 pm

skidemin wrote:
Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Doctor wrote:

You are trolling.

I heard from a reliable source, that the Jacks gave £20m to Sheffield United to take Mcburnie off their hands :laughing5:

Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:11 pm

Igovernor wrote:
I heard from a reliable source, that the Jacks gave £20m to Sheffield United to take Mcburnie off their hands :laughing5:

:roll:

Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:14 pm

Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Doctor wrote:

You are trolling.

Yes, yes I do.

extremely unlikey you know anything...
and your projection of severe conscience doesnt work on here either. youve done it too many times...
im not angry either mate. these are just tips..

Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:17 pm

skidemin wrote:
and your projection of severe conscience doesnt work on here either. youve done it too many times...

Then you clearly don’t know my connection to the club and through who. I will leave you to do your research on that.

We have already established that your grasp on likely and unlikely, lucky and unlucky leaves a lot to be desired. I’ll take that with a pinch of salt :laughing6:

What do you mean “projection of severe conscience”? :?

Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:21 pm

Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Then you clearly don’t know my connection to the club and through who. I will leave you to do your research on that.

We have already established that your grasp on likely and unlikely, lucky and unlucky leaves a lot to be desired. I’ll take that with a pinch of salt :laughing6:

What do you mean “projection of severe conscience”? :?

its projecting ones own short comings and insecurities on to others in an attempt to hide them or feel better about yourself... not sure it works as your still doing it after all these years......thats not an angry dig...its another tip/ pointer..

Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:26 pm

skidemin wrote:

its projecting ones own short comings and insecurities on to others in an attempt to hide them or feel better about yourself... not sure it works as your still doing it after all these years......thats not an angry dig...its another tip/ pointer..

Right well you have used the incorrect expression, that’s not what it means.

That’s just a tip :laughing6:

Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:27 pm

Anyway, back to the thread.

Can you enlighten us as to why we are lucky the Dan James transfer went through? Man we are so lucky eh? :laughing6:

Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:29 pm

Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Right well you have used the incorrect expression, that’s not what it means.

That’s just a tip :laughing6:

ill take your word for it... after all you would know best as its your short comings and insecurities we are talking about...

Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:32 pm

skidemin wrote:

ill take your word for it... after all you would know best as its your short comings and insecurities we are talking about...

Yes my shortcomings is debating sensibly, politely and backed with common sense.

I must learn to be more aggressive, obtuse and inaccurate.

I’m sure I’ll learn. :laughing6:

Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:25 pm

Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Yes my shortcomings is debating sensibly, politely and backed with common sense.

I must learn to be more aggressive, obtuse and inaccurate.

I’m sure I’ll learn. :laughing6:

Fake forum puppet

Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:29 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:
Fake forum puppet

I don’t know what that means.

Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:16 pm

Doctor wrote:
Bluebird_87 wrote:Just seen that Birmingham have applied for catagory 1 status. Not sure how they are affording the 4 million annual costs which Roathy quotes as running costs, but goes to show it is doable within a budget without parachute payments.

Things going on behind the scenes at Swansea which amount to more than whats gone on lately with academy. How you make a 7 million pound loss with sales of 35 million on players is quite a shock.

It’s not a shock. Think about it. We had a £80m wage bill I think from memory. And we were pretty much breaking even come the end of the EPL reign.

After relegation our expenditure doesn’t go down (until you get players off your books) and our income halves to about £60m. So for example if we didn’t sell a single player or reduce any costs, we would have lost £60m that year.

However we sold £40m of players and reduced the wages that they took up. Remember sales are largely amortised too, you don’t get them all in a single accounting year.

It is a shock as I was lead to believe that Swansea were a fantastically run club and didn't accumalate debt. With the downgrade of catagory 1 status, it goes to show that its cutting costs wherever possible. Be interested to see next year's accounts. From an outside point of view, the Americans are bleeding you dry.