Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: I had heard the rumours regarding Swansea / it seems tru

Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:32 am

Doctor wrote:
GENERAL CHAT wrote:My point is, whilst in the premier league you never won it.

So you won nothing. (never got to top six)

The cup competition is not the premier league.

We all have different opinions, most on here will see you as second city small council, rusting stadium club. Yes you had your time in the limelight (although you became strugglers there for 3 years) but you are no more now, than what I have just stated.
End of.

Who is saying we won the Premier League? I don't get your point at all.

Yadder yadder yadder... The prem is a competition you never won. We all have different opinions, most on here will see you as second city small council, rusting stadium club. Yes you had your time in the limelight you are no more now, than what I have just stated.

Your club is Wales's second city club in the Championship. It has a rusting stadium, owned by the council and is one of the smallest in the league. You finished behind us in the league last season, and it is common knowledge your club is on a downward spiral.(especially since your parachute payments ran out)

I will say no more now until the end of the season.
Interesting times ahead I reckon..... :mrgreen:

Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:37 am

GENERAL CHAT wrote:
Yadder yadder yadder... The prem is a competition you never won. We all have different opinions, most on here will see you as second city small council, rusting stadium club. Yes you had your time in the limelight you are no more now, than what I have just stated.

Your club is Wales's second city club in the Championship. It has a rusting stadium, owned by the council and is one of the smallest in the league. You finished behind us in the league last season, and it is common knowledge your club is on a downward spiral.(especially since your parachute payments ran out)

We haven't won the Champions League either, but I'm not sure what relevance that has. I have never claimed to have won the Premier League. How most people on a Cardiff forum see us is of no consequence to anyone or anything. :D

The issue with common knowledge, is the same as common sense... it isn't that common. Nobody has any idea what the future holds for either of our clubs, that much is obvious by the mountain of Swansea will get relegated threads over the last decade.

And a final point, our parachute payments haven't ran out. This is the last year of them, we get an extra year due to our success in staying up for more than 1 season before relegation. :thumbup:

Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:27 pm

Doctor wrote:
GENERAL CHAT wrote:

We haven't won the Champions League either, but I'm not sure what relevance that has. I have never claimed to have won the Premier League. How most people on a Cardiff forum see us is of no consequence to anyone or anything. :D

The issue with common knowledge, is the same as common sense... it isn't that common. Nobody has any idea what the future holds for either of our clubs, that much is obvious by the mountain of Swansea will get relegated threads over the last decade.

And a final point, our parachute payments haven't ran out. This is the last year of them, we get an extra year due to our success in staying up for more than 1 season before relegation. :thumbup:

:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:14 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Doctor wrote:
GENERAL CHAT wrote:

:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

This is Roathie...

https://youtu.be/xpAvcGcEc0k

:sleepy2:

Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:18 pm

GENERAL CHAT wrote:This is Roathie...

Because I am politely responding to you?

Makes sense to you I guess :roll:

Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:27 pm

Doctor wrote:
GENERAL CHAT wrote:This is Roathie...

Because I am politely responding to you?

Makes sense to you I guess :roll:

its a shame you couldnt stay on message re academies instead of making claims most Swansea fans do not even share.. some being a bit more reluctant to accept than others but never come across one with a bone like you have...

Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:
HarriRhys22 wrote:
Doctor wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:Roathie will say otherwise ;) :D
He knows best :roll:

Nope, Annis is correct. The Academy status is absolutely being downgraded.

I said it would be a while ago, I said it would probably go after the parachute payments have ended, but since COVID, looks like it will be a year earlier than scheduled.

It’s very expensive to run, almost £4m a year. Completely unsustainable in the Championship.

Rubbish, £4m/year is sustainable if you produce only one decent player/year. The Jacks have produced many since having a Category 1 Academy and sold some on for massive fees, Ben Davies, Joe Allan,Dan James,McBurnie etc while they still have Welsh Internationals Roberts,Roden and Cardiff boy Cabanga etc That’s well over 100m of talent in 10years!
If we’re serious in producing on own players we take on their Category 1 status!

Ben Davies and Joe Allen were defo products. but not of a cat 1 academy... most of their time as juniors was spent training wherever was cheap and playing in places like the Elba... not even sure it was called an academy but cetainly wouldnt qualify to be one today... let alone cat1..

Even Cabango and Dan James came before Cat 1 status.

We achieved Cat 1 status just before 2016/17 season. Cabango and James signed in 2014. I think even McBurnie was signed before Cat 1 status.

So we have had nobody come through as a direct result of Cat 1 status. It’s an expensive luxury, great if you are an EPL club with £120m income a year where it barely registers at 3% of turnover. Not so great when you have to dedicate a 30% of your total income to it in the Championship however.

I’m sure people think you get Cat 1 status and it becomes a conveyor belt. It’s not the reality unfortunately.

agree... reality is the cat1 status is like everything else , a huge advantage to top 6 clubs... and academies in general are a drain.. most clubs have them these days so your sorta pushed into it but we { Cardiff } are producing less now not more...

Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:53 pm

skidemin wrote:its a shame you couldnt stay on message re academies instead of making claims most Swansea fans do not even share.. some being a bit more reluctant to accept than others but never come across one with a bone like you have...

I’m not with you. What is this in reference to? :?

If a discussion moves on, I’m going to follow it. That’s called a discussion.

Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:43 pm

Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:its a shame you couldnt stay on message re academies instead of making claims most Swansea fans do not even share.. some being a bit more reluctant to accept than others but never come across one with a bone like you have...

I’m not with you. What is this in reference to? :?

If a discussion moves on, I’m going to follow it. That’s called a discussion.

someone unintentionally hits a nerve and then the next however many posts are just you biting on this size of club thing..

Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:32 pm

skidemin wrote:

someone unintentionally hits a nerve and then the next however many posts are just you biting on this size of club thing..

Still not with you I’m afraid. Do you mean when someone asked me if I think we would be candidates for relegation in the future and I said not immediately but neither of our clubs are big enough to guarantee safety forever?

Then I had post after post telling me why you were the bigger club and me politely explaining why those things don’t really matter in comparison to success?

Not sure what point you are making to be fair. What claims do most Swansea fans not share and can you show me where you have seen this disagreement from them?

Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:55 pm

Birch leaves the vermin for spurs.

Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:01 pm

Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Still not with you I’m afraid. Do you mean when someone asked me if I think we would be candidates for relegation in the future and I said not immediately but neither of our clubs are big enough to guarantee safety forever?

Then I had post after post telling me why you were the bigger club and me politely explaining why those things don’t really matter in comparison to success?

Not sure what point you are making to be fair. What claims do most Swansea fans not share and can you show me where you have seen this disagreement from them?

i cant show you speech sorry... its not seen its heard, believe..live in denial i do not care... im certainly not going to argue.. was just pointing out how youve gone off the rails again and its not a discussion thats moved on its you saying the exact opposite to everyone else again...

Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:08 pm

skidemin wrote:
Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:

i cant show you speech sorry... its not seen its heard, believe..live in denial i do not care... im certainly not going to argue.. was just pointing out how youve gone off the rails again and its not a discussion thats moved on its you saying the exact opposite to everyone else again...

Just call him roundabout roathy? As he always goes round and round to have last word no matter how long it takes! :D

Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:20 pm

skidemin wrote:

So when you say it’s a view most Swansea fans don’t hold... you clearly didn’t mean that then?

And when you say having the exact opposite opinion to everyone else... you mean the opposite opinion to 2-3 forum users?

Just making sure we are qualifying these statements of yours before assessing them for validity.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think I have seen or head a single Swansea fan saying anything different to what I have said. There are 3 Swansea forums, I’d be impressed if you could find 2 comments that state the opposite and it has been talked about in depth many times on all of them.

Some homework for you.

Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:22 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Just call him roundabout roathy? As he always goes round and round to have last word no matter how long it takes! :D

It’s just a conversation Al. I respond to people talking to me, if you feel I’m going around in circles then that will only be due to the responses being similar in nature that are being put to me.

Feel free to change the subject to any other football related topic if you are bored of a certain one, happy to discuss anything you like. :thumbright:

Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:42 pm

Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:

So when you say it’s a view most Swansea fans don’t hold... you clearly didn’t mean that then?

And when you say having the exact opposite opinion to everyone else... you mean the opposite opinion to 2-3 forum users?

Just making sure we are qualifying these statements of yours before assessing them for validity.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think I have seen or head a single Swansea fan saying anything different to what I have said. There are 3 Swansea forums, I’d be impressed if you could find 2 comments that state the opposite and it has been talked about in depth many times on all of them.

Some homework for you.

yes i did mean it. and would be gobsmacked if you even know one ...

Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:53 pm

skidemin wrote:

So which view are you referring to exactly?

And when you say most fans how many roughly have you spoken to about it? Ballpark figure will do just so I can roughly gauge what you are presenting here.

I can’t help but feel you are trolling.

Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:06 pm

Comparing Cardiff to MK Dons is odd but I suppose Swansea are more comparable to Newport County when discussing club size the Vetch was very similar to Somerton park in appearance and both clubs went bankrupt in the eighties

Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:27 pm

Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:

And when you say most fans how many roughly have you spoken to about it? Ballpark figure will do just so I can roughly gauge what you are presenting here.

not trolling at all..just telling you my experiences with your lot and i do know quite a few.. but its a pointless conversation as you know im saying the truth , and do i really care if your the only jack thats not figured it out.. no i dont...was just trying to be helpful...

Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:44 pm

skidemin wrote:
Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:

not trolling at all..just telling you my experiences with your lot and i do know quite a few.. but its a pointless conversation as you know im saying the truth , and do i really care if your the only jack thats not figured it out.. no i dont...was just trying to be helpful...

He's not a jack :thumbright:

Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:56 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:

He's not a jack :thumbright:

well he certainly does not watch them, or know many if any at all...

Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:01 am

skidemin wrote:

So which view do you reckon I have that most fans don’t have?

And again how many are you talking roughly that you have received those views.

I need to know ballpark figures so I know what it is that you are claiming.

Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:03 am

skidemin wrote:

And that is based on what exactly?

Wrong on both counts of course but would be interested to see your workings. (After answering the last post that is).

It is becoming more apparent to me that you are trolling but would be interested to see you prove otherwise. :thumbright:

Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:42 am

Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Wrong on both counts of course but would be interested to see your workings. (After answering the last post that is).

It is becoming more apparent to me that you are trolling but would be interested to see you prove otherwise. :thumbright:

its based on what you say on here... and no , as far as you are concerned i dont need to prove anything.. as i said..i gave you a tip / some advice..you dont want to take it....sums you up...and probably why you spent so much time dressed in a kit watching not playing..

Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:52 am

Just seen that Birmingham have applied for catagory 1 status. Not sure how they are affording the 4 million annual costs which Roathy quotes as running costs, but goes to show it is doable within a budget without parachute payments.

Things going on behind the scenes at Swansea which amount to more than whats gone on lately with academy. How you make a 7 million pound loss with sales of 35 million on players is quite a shock.

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:09 am

Bluebird_87 wrote:Just seen that Birmingham have applied for catagory 1 status. Not sure how they are affording the 4 million annual costs which Roathy quotes as running costs, but goes to show it is doable within a budget without parachute payments.

Things going on behind the scenes at Swansea which amount to more than whats gone on lately with academy. How you make a 7 million pound loss with sales of 35 million on players is quite a shock.

they had a £60 million hole a year ago...were dead lucky to get the fees they got for those 2 ,which has probably saved them...

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:19 am

skidemin wrote:
Bluebird_87 wrote:Just seen that Birmingham have applied for catagory 1 status. Not sure how they are affording the 4 million annual costs which Roathy quotes as running costs, but goes to show it is doable within a budget without parachute payments.

they had a £60 million hole a year ago...were dead lucky to get the fees they got for those 2 ,which has probably saved them...

Plus academies are not subject to ffp rules and get other benefits as well

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:23 am

Who is Birmingham City’s owner?

Birmingham City are owned by a Hong Kong sports holding company called Trillion Trophy Asia. The company is headed by Paul Suen who subsequently owns the club.

Suen holds a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of South Australia.

In 2015, receivers Ernst & Young who were in control of Birmingham City, gave Suen a two-year exclusivity period to takeover the club.

Not much is known about the businessman, which brought a sense of unease to supporters of Blues following the poison left behind by previous owner Carson Yeung.
Birmingham City's St Andrew's ground.

One of the little things about him that is noted is that he is known as the ‘King of Penny Stocks’. It has been made very clear since he took over the club that Mr Suen is very camera shy as not much is ever seen or heard of him. The current face of Blues’ hierarchy at the club is Xuandong Ren.

The Hong Kong businessman has a reputation for turning around distressed businesses - having speculated in the transfer market in the last 12 months the next accounts will make interesting reading.

He is currently the chairman of Enviro Energy International Holdings.
When did he take over?

The takeover became official in October 2016. Trillion Trophy Asia acquired 50.64 per cent of Birmingham International Holdings becoming the largest shareholder.

A few days after the takeover, Suen announced in a letter to Blues’ shareholders his plans to stream £12million into the club to cover wages, benefits, the running costs of St Andrews stadium, match expenses and new signings.
Click to play
The famous celebrities you didn't know were Blues fans
What is his net worth?

Suen is believed to have a net worth of around £440million. That figure came about in the 2017 Birmingham Post Rich List published last year.

He has been named one of the 20 wealthiest people in the West Midlands.

Since his arrival, the 55-year-old has invested around £21miilion in transfer fees for players in the two transfer windows in 2017 under Gianfranco Zola and Harry Redknapp respectively.
What are his other business interests?

Mr Suen has interests in a wide range of businesses as well as sport.

He has had experience in a wide range of different areas of business over his career.

Rich List editor Ian Strachan said: “Mr Suen has previously run, or been a significant shareholder in a number of Hong Kong Stock Exchange-quoted companies, including BEP international Holdings, Sunlink International Holdings and Huajun Holdings.

“He owns Excelsior Kingdom Ltd and Global Wealthy Ltd and has extensive experience in managing metals, mineral and raw material companies as well as energy, property and strategic planning in Hong Kong and mainland China. He is a shareholder in China Strategic and Courage Marine Group.”

Over the course of his 16-month ownership of the club, Suen and Trillion Trophy Asia are not held in the highest of regards by Blues supporters.

Two months after the takeover was completed, then Blues manager Gary Rowett was sacked in what has proved to be a disastrous decision for the club.
All you need to know about Blues now

Last season they scraped Championship survival on the last day of the season and history looks to be repeating itself again this season.

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:25 am

skidemin wrote:
Doctor wrote:
skidemin wrote:

its based on what you say on here... and no , as far as you are concerned i dont need to prove anything.. as i said..i gave you a tip / some advice..you dont want to take it....sums you up...and probably why you spent so much time dressed in a kit watching not playing..

So you think I say I don’t know any Swans fans and don’t watch them?

Ok mate. You are trolling as I thought. :roll:

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:27 am

Kettle calling the pot black springs to mind, only one troll on here at the moment and that most definitely is you!