Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Foreign Teeth

Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:11 pm

Essentially not directly football related but thinking of venturing to distant shores for new teeth.

Anyone recommend as I've been quoted 10k here. Mates are saying they know someone that paid almost half that...

Re: Foreign Teeth

Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:30 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:Essentially not directly football related but thinking of venturing to distant shores for new teeth.

Anyone recommend as I've been quoted 10k here. Mates are saying they know someone that paid almost half that...

Had my bridge done in Poland quarter of the price than quoted in uk My misses had a lot of work done on here teeth she paid 4k in poland Uk price was over 10k
Even when paying for flights and having done nice times in Krackow it was less than half price

Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:32 pm

My Mrs' friend has just gone to Hungary for the same reason.

Apparently it was cheaper to fly over and spend a week there PLUS the procedure than having it done here.

I won't recommend it until we find out how it went mind ha

Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:45 pm

A mate of mine has just had his done 2 weeks ago, and they look amazing, another guy i work with asked me to ask him who done it.

Look up Dr Ozan Guner on facebook.

I think it was turkey it was a 3rd of the price you are talking about and I’m sure it included the hotel, just had to do flights on top.

PM if you want to know more, i can let you know who my mate is on facebook that way, so you can see for yourself.

Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:22 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:Essentially not directly football related but thinking of venturing to distant shores for new teeth.

I think you should get a recommendation from Jurgen Klopp.
His teeth look fantastic.

Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:57 pm

Blue Diver wrote:

i think if i was having mine done id go for something a bit more realistic ..

Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:34 pm

I was expecting a Luis Suarez related post.

Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:39 pm

As a dentist all I can say is be careful. buy cheap pay twice. You arent necessarily getting value for money. I've seen people that went for "veneers" come back with 28 aggressive crown preparations and significant errors with every single one. To correct the un necessary damage would cost more than the initial "expensive "quote. They were then fobbed off as being told nothing wrong. There was definitely something wrong as they were in pain. There are minimal protections in place for you if it goes wrong.

You are unlikely to get it "fixed" on the NHS and you would need someone worh enhanced skills to fix privately.

Be careful.

Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:51 am

skidemin wrote:
Blue Diver wrote:

...... whoosh!

Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:03 am

Turkey £4000 all in , flight ,accommodation and teeth.

Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:39 am

Thanks all for the replies.

Its a cost decision and am willing to take this option

Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:45 am

Is your nickname Nipper :lol:

Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:03 pm

I'll reiterate again. Be careful. I have seen many costly mistakes and you will struggle to get it put right if there is a problem.

Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:19 pm

cheap as chips.

http://m3dent.net/9-0?gclid=EAIaIQobChM ... gIrY_D_BwE

Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:17 pm

skidemin wrote:

cheap as chips.

im not recommending... but if your in a gambling mood..

Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:02 pm

skidemin wrote:
skidemin wrote:

cheap as chips.

Gambling on a look somewhere between Rylan Clark and Shergar. I've messaged them thanks

:thumbright:

Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:10 pm

welshrarebit wrote:As a dentist all I can say is be careful. buy cheap pay twice. You arent necessarily getting value for money. I've seen people that went for "veneers" come back with 28 aggressive crown preparations and significant errors with every single one. To correct the un necessary damage would cost more than the initial "expensive "quote. They were then fobbed off as being told nothing wrong. There was definitely something wrong as they were in pain. There are minimal protections in place for you if it goes wrong.

You are unlikely to get it "fixed" on the NHS and you would need someone worh enhanced skills to fix privately.

Be careful.

I would tend to agree, you shouldn't feck about buying cheap teeth, golf clubs or electric ikes from China maybe but teeth from Hungary and places like that :o

Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:32 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
skidemin wrote:

cheap as chips.

That’s more expensive than the one i mentioned earlier, as the price is for each set ie upper and lower, the price my mate paid was for both sets plus accommodation and works out at least 25% less than these - just saying as I personally know someone that has recently had them done as per my post above.
Gambling on a look somewhere between Rylan Clark and Shergar. I've messaged them thanks

:thumbright:

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:15 pm

welshrarebit wrote:I'll reiterate again. Be careful. I have seen many costly mistakes and you will struggle to get it put right if there is a problem.

So your 'professional' recommendation/referral is...? :thumbup:

Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:49 pm

Bluebina wrote:
welshrarebit wrote:As a dentist all I can say is be careful. buy cheap pay twice. You arent necessarily getting value for money. I've seen people that went for "veneers" come back with 28 aggressive crown preparations and significant errors with every single one. To correct the un necessary damage would cost more than the initial "expensive "quote. They were then fobbed off as being told nothing wrong. There was definitely something wrong as they were in pain. There are minimal protections in place for you if it goes wrong.

Be careful.

I would tend to agree, you shouldn't feck about buying cheap teeth, golf clubs or electric ikes from China maybe but teeth from Hungary and places like that :o
\

I know I could be anyone as I am just a name on a forum. But I promise I am speaking as someone who has been asked to try and correct some of the horror shows that people have been abused with with dentists overseas. They have no come back. The practices often deny there is a problem. Will only see them if they fly back out again and even then get told nothing is wrong. They dont under stand the legal systems and most UK based dentists wont manage the work either because they arent able to or dont want to risk it coming back on them. There is a phrase in dental circles that says "touch it own it". We pay thousands a year in indemnity and for many it simply is not worth the hassle.

People that have implants done abroad assume their local dentist will maintain them when they get back. Bit most dentists are not insured to manage implants because it doubles your insurance.

I have been qualified almost 20 years. in that time I have NEVER done a full mouth smile make over or crowning all teeth in one go. There are many reasons for this. Least of all it has so many implications in normal biting position that you need fully mounted models with the predicted crowns made in temporary or wax designs to make sure it all correlates well. This takes WEEKS to do properly. Thats not to mention the skill needed to perfectly prepare every single tooth. This can not be done properly in a short trip abroad. If it goes wrong I guarantee the average dentist will NOT be able to correct this as it is not something that is routinely done.

I will say as I said before. Be careful and ideally do not do it.,

Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:44 pm

I had my new teeth one in Turkey. The prices are really affordable, I recommend it to those who want to have their teeth done. You can also check the teeth whitening prices here.https://www.periodent.net/en/teeth-whitening-turkey/ https://www.periodent.net/en/new-teeth-turkey/

Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:13 am

And what do you think about City's chances next week. :roll:

Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:46 am

Just. Don’t. Buy cheap pay twice.

Stick to football

Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:00 am

skidemin wrote:
Blue Diver wrote:

The Brendan Rodgers mouth full of Tic Tacs look?