Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gavin Whyte

Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:51 pm

On the bench for Northern Ireland tonight. Why is he never mentioned by Harris? I always thought that he was a bit physically weak but he always got stuck in and always gave his all. His work rate was a lesson for many.

Re: Gavin Whyte

Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:14 pm

Brezza wrote:On the bench for Northern Ireland tonight. Why is he never mentioned by Harris? I always thought that he was a bit physically weak but he always got stuck in and always gave his all. His work rate was a lesson for many.

he works very hard mate, but i dont think we have seen a performance from him where there was much quality or end product { which was what he was brought in for } . i wouldnt be surprised that should we sign 2 or 3 more that he goes out on loan...

Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:41 pm

skidemin wrote:
Brezza wrote:On the bench for Northern Ireland tonight. Why is he never mentioned by Harris? I always thought that he was a bit physically weak but he always got stuck in and always gave his all. His work rate was a lesson for many.

he works very hard mate, but i dont think we have seen a performance from him where there was much quality or end product { which was what he was brought in for } . i wouldnt be surprised that should we sign 2 or 3 more that he goes out on loan...

Skidemin, I’m still looking for a post from you that I actually don’t agree with mate. Totally agree.. again :thumbup:

Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:32 pm

Came on as sub and scored ;)

Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:06 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Skidemin, I’m still looking for a post from you that I actually don’t agree with mate. Totally agree.. again :thumbup:

cheers :thumbup:

Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:26 pm

skidemin wrote:

Agree with the first bit but we won't be signing 2 or 3 more without players leaving first. That's been made clear. I think we'll see one more loan max by the sounds of things!

Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:49 pm

nubbsy wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Agree with the first bit but we won't be signing 2 or 3 more without players leaving first. That's been made clear. I think we'll see one more loan max by the sounds of things!

i think we are a bit thin mate...23 without the youngsters.. 3 of which are keepers , Vasell who knows ? and an untested young lad from Arsenal who might be fantastic but also might just not work out...... i cant remember the last time we went through a league season only using 23.. i think our last year in the prem was the lowest in ages 25 , but that was a 38 game season.. i dont see us spending but do see 2 or 3 out of contract players or loans arrive..

Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:13 am

skidemin wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
skidemin wrote:

i think we are a bit thin mate...23 without the youngsters.. 3 of which are keepers , Vasell who knows ? and an untested young lad from Arsenal who might be fantastic but also might just not work out...... i cant remember the last time we went through a league season only using 23.. i think our last year in the prem was the lowest in ages 25 , but that was a 38 game season.. i dont see us spending but do see 2 or 3 out of contract players or loans arrive..

I don't think we've seen the best of him, personally. Spent most of his time defending under warnock and hasn't really featured under Harris. Lightweight but his work rate is class. Seems to do well on international duty. NML is injured quite a lot so i'd imagine we'll see a bit more of him this season. Hopefully he can offer a bit more going forward

Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:06 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
skidemin wrote:

I don't think we've seen the best of him, personally. Spent most of his time defending under warnock and hasn't really featured under Harris. Lightweight but his work rate is class. Seems to do well on international duty. NML is injured quite a lot so i'd imagine we'll see a bit more of him this season. Hopefully he can offer a bit more going forward

hope your correct and there is better to come.. its just what ive seen of him going forward wasnt impressive and Harris didnt seem to use him much towards the end of last season , which brought me to the loan remark.. re internationals its a real mixed bag player wise, most countries as with Wales are made up of guys too good for ourselves along with players that probably wouldnt be in our team.? which results in a winger like Whyte murdering some opponents and being totally ineffective against others more so than in a league where there is more of a level ..

Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:33 am

skidemin wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
skidemin wrote:

hope your correct and there is better to come.. its just what ive seen of him going forward wasnt impressive and Harris didnt seem to use him much towards the end of last season , which brought me to the loan remark.. re internationals its a real mixed bag player wise, most countries as with Wales are made up of guys too good for ourselves along with players that probably wouldnt be in our team.? which results in a winger like Whyte murdering some opponents and being totally ineffective against others more so than in a league where there is more of a level ..

You can say that about any player though. Even the top players can be marked out of games. Guess we'll find out this season if he's a championship player as he'll definitely be required to play at some point. Unless we bring in another rb and push the arsenal lad onto the wing.

Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:10 pm

skidemin wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
skidemin wrote:

I'm fully with you mate. But unless wages are extremely low then I can't see more than one. I hope I'm wrong, of course!