Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CORVID MISINFORMATION?

Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:07 am

The main test used to diagnose coronavirus is so sensitive it could be picking up fragments of dead virus from old infections scientists say, Most people are infectious only for about a week but could test positive weeks afterwards!
Researchers say this could be leading to an over-estimate of the current scale of the pandemic, would explain why cases gone up but deaths and admissions to hospital haven't gone up as well in fact staying same or reducing? Personally dont think they have a clue of real levels of corvid as so many conflicting reasons being used to explain authorities actions.

Re: CORVID MISINFORMATION?

Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:50 am

pembroke allan wrote:The main test used to diagnose coronavirus is so sensitive it could be picking up fragments of dead virus from old infections scientists say, Most people are infectious only for about a week but could test positive weeks afterwards!
Researchers say this could be leading to an over-estimate of the current scale of the pandemic, would explain why cases gone up but deaths and admissions to hospital haven't gone up as well in fact staying same or reducing? Personally dont think they have a clue of real levels of corvid as so many conflicting reasons being used to explain authorities actions.

yes this has been claimed a few times... its like most things regarding covid... somethings are rammed down your throat , mostly scaremongering negative everyone is going to die stuff... while other more balanced reports , official or backed by equally well thought of scientists are there but you have to look...

Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:26 am

What’s with calling it “Corvid”? I’ve seen several people on this board saying it?

Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:58 am

Corvid is a word used to describe birds belonging to the crow family.
They belong to the genus Corvidae.

Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:12 am

Plynlymonbluebird wrote:Corvid is a word used to describe birds belonging to the crow family.
They belong to the genus Corvidae.

That’s not lessened my confusion I’ll admit :lol: but thanks

Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:17 am

I thought it was just a typo. Lol.

Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:23 am

Corona virus was to long for headline! But suppose could put corvid 19 ... you pedantic lot! :D

Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:31 am

pembroke allan wrote:Corona virus was to long for headline! But suppose could put corvid 19 ... you pedantic lot! :D

Pedantic yes but also OCD sufferer. Please drop the "r".

I thank you.

:D :occasion5:

Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:37 am

pembroke allan wrote:Corona virus was to long for headline! But suppose could put corvid 19 ... you pedantic lot! :D

If you were worried about the length, Covid is shorter than Corvid :lol:

Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:50 am

WestCoastBlue wrote:

I know couldn't change it predicted txt is a pain in arse for me! :lol:

Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:01 am

pembroke allan wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

dont worry about it....compared to some of the insanity on here an extra R is fck all..
its not as if people really think your talking about a bird..

Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:11 am

skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

dont worry about it....compared to some of the insanity on here an extra R is fck all..

I know ...... think the point of the topic is important as it is being used to keep grip on people's movements and if its wrong what other information is wrong? After all the field hospitals are being decommissioned everywhere why? Suppose to be having 2nd wave in winter so will hospitals cope as the spike will be lot lower than they are telling us!

Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:31 am

pembroke allan wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

No worries pal, it was a genuine question. This site was the only place I’d seen it so didn’t know if it was an in joke or I’d missed something. Predictive text is a bitch haha definitely and defiantly are ones that it always does wrong for me :oops:

Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:48 am

WestCoastBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

No worries pal, it was a genuine question. This site was the only place I’d seen it so didn’t know if it was an in joke or I’d missed something. Predictive text is a bitch haha definitely and defiantly are ones that it always does wrong for me :oops:

Is becomes us with predicted txt...... anyway this is a football forum not an English school?
:mrgreen: as I've said this topic is important as lockdown is based on positive covid tests and this and other things show not all information is correct ... so affecting our lives unnecessary and by same token scaremongering people into staying in house and not return to work.
Last edited by pembroke allan on Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:48 am

pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

I know ...... think the point of the topic is important as it is being used to keep grip on people's movements and if its wrong what other information is wrong? After all the field hospitals are being decommissioned everywhere why? Suppose to be having 2nd wave in winter so will hospitals cope as the spike will be lot lower than they are telling us!

they set up a temporary { marquee } in my Doctors car park for i presume testing..it was removed 5 or 6 weeks ago having never been used...

Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:56 am

skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

they set up a temporary { marquee } in my Doctors car park for i presume testing..it was removed 5 or 6 weeks ago having never been used...

That could been to stop patients going into surgery without being screened, seen it in lots places our local hospital had one before could go into a&e...... because of the information given out in caerphilly a business is shutting down he says to stop the spread of covid? People are scared stiff to do anything as they think get virus if go out house! :?

Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:05 am

I've been known for the odd spelling mistake as well. Elcome ti the ckub, lol,lol.

Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:12 am

blue lagoon wrote:I've been known for the odd spelling mistake as well. Elcome ti the ckub, lol,lol.

Takes longer to correct predicted txt than it does to write original post.... :mrgreen:

Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:13 am

pembroke allan wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

Is becomes us with predicted txt...... anyway this is a football forum not an English school?
:mrgreen: as I've said this topic is important as lockdown is based on positive covid tests and this and other things show not all information is correct ... so affecting our lives unnecessary and by same token scaremongering people into staying in house and not return to work.

Fair point, apologies for derailing the thread.
I see where you’re coming from about misinformation but I don’t think this changes the situation as much as you think. An argument could be made that this data strengthens the decision to lockdown in March. When we were recording 5/6k cases a day and now we’re recording 1/1.5k cases a day if a lot of the positive tests coming back now a from dead virus cells it means at our peak more people were getting infected than we realised. So a day where we had 5k cases we might actually have had 8k. I still support the decision to lockdown when we did but I’d agree that the current numbers as well as this new data should result in further easing of restrictions or at least some consistency in the easing of restrictions.

Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:34 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

I see where you’re coming from about misinformation but I don’t think this changes the situation as much as you think. An argument could be made that this data strengthens the decision to lockdown in March. When we were recording 5/6k cases a day and now we’re recording 1/1.5k cases a day if a lot of the positive tests coming back now a from dead virus cells it means at our peak more people were getting infected than we realised. So a day where we had 5k cases we might actually have had 8k. I still support the decision to lockdown when we did but I’d agree that the current numbers as well as this new data should result in further easing of restrictions or at least some consistency in the easing of restrictions.

Trouble is having more tests more positive results! But the figures dont stack up as they are saying deaths dropping hospital admissions are decreasing! Not sure if any more lifting restrictions as taken place in past couple weeks? In fact putting restrictions back in place yet basing this on positive tests which maybe false? not basing it on deaths or hospital admissions which are going down?!

Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:17 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:I've been known for the odd spelling mistake as well. Elcome ti the ckub, lol,lol.

Takes longer to correct predicted txt than it does to write original post.... :mrgreen:

Bad spellers untie! :lol: :old: :bluebird:

Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:23 am

There is no Covid patients in the Heath currently. Cases may be rising amongst the young but most dint have any symptoms. Random testing is the way to go, heard they are doing this in places to give a real estimate of numbers in the community who may have it. Still not much about.....

Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:02 pm

goats wrote:There is no Covid patients in the Heath currently. Cases may be rising amongst the young but most dint have any symptoms. Random testing is the way to go, heard they are doing this in places to give a real estimate of numbers in the community who may have it. Still not much about.....

Thats why removing field hospital they say get spike this winter but privately they know there won't be one or they'd keep it? Other areas closing their field hospitals as well.... you watch when they eventual take look at the response to the virus they'll find it wasn't nessasary to keep lockdowning areas because of a spike in cases..

Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:12 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

You wrote it twice. Spelling mistake Alan, own up!

Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:13 pm

nubbsy wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

You wrote it twice. Spelling mistake Alan, own up!

:laughing6: like Alan is right Whats your excuse? :mrgreen:

Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:45 am

It’s Pembroke Allan not Pembroke Alan! :banghead:

Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:43 am

Alston&Evans wrote:It’s Pembroke Allan not Pembroke Alan! :banghead:

Funny enough whenever I do official things I have to say allan with 2 LLS..... as not one person in my adult lifetime as got it right and can be costly as tax man got wrong person because spelt it wrong.... but that's very common on here.... :mrgreen:

Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:26 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

Trouble is having more tests more positive results! But the figures dont stack up as they are saying deaths dropping hospital admissions are decreasing! Not sure if any more lifting restrictions as taken place in past couple weeks? In fact putting restrictions back in place yet basing this on positive tests which maybe false? not basing it on deaths or hospital admissions which are going down?!

The problem is there is a time lag, hospital admissions may take a few weeks deaths a few months, thats the problem it's hard to predict what will happen?

According to the TV this morning France and Spain are now having more hospital admissions and they are always a month or so ahead?

I'm not saying we will but we shouldn't underestimate this virus and become complacent.

Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:41 pm

Bluebina wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

The problem is there is a time lag, hospital admissions may take a few weeks deaths a few months, thats the problem it's hard to predict what will happen?

According to the TV this morning France and Spain are now having more hospital admissions and they are always a month or so ahead?

I'm not saying we will but we shouldn't underestimate this virus and become complacent.

Here we are week by week supposed to be as that's the figures quoted Cannot have positive tests accurate and try say admissions or deaths are behind time as all info from same people? Are we over estimation virus? Yes its deadly to some but unquestionably positive tests are going up week on week but deaths and hospital admission are not in fact going down generally! Already got several schools closing in Wales because of positive test what's next ? Must remember furlough ending end October! business cannot survive on limited customers with social distancing still be in place which it surely will be.