Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Harries again!

Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:36 pm

“It was a reality check," the City boss said.

NEIL HARRIS:

“We have to fight and graft for everything we do in our careers. That’s the football club we are.

“I thought it was a competitive match for 25 minutes. We conceded a penalty and I felt mentality wise from then until the final fifteen minutes one team played it like a pre-season friendly and one team played it like a cup final. Full credit to Northampton on their performance and willingness to compete and fight.

“They were better than us. No complaints in the result but disappointed in my players.

“Today they did the dirty side better than us. The running stats they’ll be above us. The aerial duels they’ll be above us. The tackles they’ll be above us.

“These are the things we can’t lose on. We don’t often lose on them. It’s a reality check for everybody."
Leandro Bacuna in action against Northampton Town in the Carabao Cup.

Harris named an experienced squad for the clash with the Cobblers, but was without nine first team players for the trip to Northamptonshire.

“We were light today in the squad. Six players were away on international duty with boys still missing for various reasons. It will be great to get the working group back together this week.

“Some of the young lads have done really well. I thought Tom Sang was excellent when he came on.

“I think, some of the young lads aren’t quite ready to be in the group. In the near future, they'll get some minutes under their belt with Steve Morison and we’ll bring more seniors back into the group and the standard of training rises again.

“There are standards I expect from my group. There was enough experience and quality in the squad to get through the tie. I said to the team at the end, we got sucker-punched by a team that wanted it more than us.

“What I can’t have is players that get run past or outfought. That is not acceptable. That’s not Cardiff City's traits. Not as a Club and not me as a manager.

“I hope that is gone. We have to learn from that as a group and as individuals and make sure we’re better for next week.

Re: Niel Harries again!

Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:04 pm

Why do we bother to enter cups?

Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:14 am

BC-CB wrote:Why do we bother to enter cups?

Because sometimes we get to the final v Portsmouth and Liverpool :lol: :lol: :lol:
I know what you mean though mate perhaps it might turn out a blessing in disguise a hard kick up the arse :thumbup:

Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:39 am

Pembroke bluebird wrote:

Because sometimes we get to the final v Portsmouth and Liverpool :lol: :lol: :lol:
I know what you mean though mate perhaps it might turn out a blessing in disguise a hard kick up the arse :thumbup:

How can you mention those two and forget 1927!!!!!......naughty step for you Pembroke. :D

Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:29 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:

How can you mention those two and forget 1927!!!!!......naughty step for you Pembroke. :D

I know mate but only quoting ones I witnessed just missed the 1927 one :lol: :lol: