Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Cardiff City's 3rd New Signing '

Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:46 am

Neil Harris has confirmed he is in talks to sign an attacking player and revealed after the 3nil defeat away at Northampton that he expects his third signing of the summer to be through the door by this coming Monday.

NEIL HARRIS:

"I expect somebody in the building on Monday, just to freshen the group up again," Harris said.

"We were light in the squad against Northampton, for reasons like international call-ups, great credit to the players, and other boys missing through various reasons"

"It'll be great to get the group back together next week. The young lads have done really well - I thought Tom Sang was excellent when he came on - but some of those are not quite ready to be in the group."

"We had Kieffer Moore, Callum Paterson and Will Vaulks on international duty, while Joe Ralls and Lee Tomlin are still injured and I hope to have the two of them back in training this week."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Cardiff City's 3rd New Signing '

Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:47 am

Uncle Albert I reckon

Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:57 am

Let’s hope it’s somebody a bit more experienced because to rely on an untested 18yr old as your only full back seems a bit strange in a team hoping to push for promotion.

Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:52 am

Would love it to be Ethan Ampadu or even Rhian Brewster.

Someone with talent and young (and hungry) enough to want to show the rest of the world how good they are

Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:09 am

Bit worried about the phrase "an attacking player" rather than a striker who can actually score goals. Please god not bloody uncle Albert again.

Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:28 am

I'm watching Messi's twitter account

Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:40 am

Paul Keevil wrote:Would love it to be Ethan Ampadu or even Rhian Brewster.

Someone with talent and young (and hungry) enough to want to show the rest of the world how good they are

As if we can afford him

Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:00 am

NIBluebird wrote:

As if we can afford him

i dont expect a top end loan signing either think it more likely its going to be an out of contract player...Harris mentioned Friday that players are beginning to realise they do not have a job, which i took to mean ,we have spoken with some who thought running a contract down a good idea in January but are now having to reduce their demands...

Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:01 am

He mentions Moore, Vaulks and Patterson coming back from international duty but no mention of Whyte. I don't really rate the lad but you would have thought he would have a mention- especially as he scored.

Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:07 am

JJ1927 wrote:He mentions Moore, Vaulks and Patterson coming back from international duty but no mention of Whyte. I don't really rate the lad but you would have thought he would have a mention- especially as he scored.

ive said elsewhere , he used him very little after the restart {i realise he might have had an injury , but it wasnt mentioned } and the boy despite working very hard has not produced up the top end.. i think if 2/3 come in Whyte could well find himself out on loan..

Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:57 am

:lol: :lol:

Fair do’s mate!

Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:22 pm

Would have liked Ovie Ajaria.

Went to Reading for £4m

Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:51 pm

NIBluebird wrote:

As if we can afford him

Would love it to be Rhian Brewester could see him and Moore scoring loads of goals. Harris was careful to use the words an attacking player rather than a striker. Hope for Brewester expect Albert.

Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:54 pm

Crayfish wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:

As if we can afford him

Would love it to be Rhian Brewester could see him and Moore scoring loads of goals. Harris was careful to use the words an attacking player rather than a striker. Hope for Brewester expect Albert.

Brewster won’t come here. I’d be surprised if he’d go to any championship club tbh. I think he’ll either stay at Liverpool and have some (minimal) involvement in the first team or he’ll go to a lower premier league team

Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:57 pm

I’m not holding my breath but it has to be someone with some experience at this level.

Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:20 pm

New Day Rising wrote:I'm watching Messi's twitter account

;)

Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:59 pm

skidemin wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:He mentions Moore, Vaulks and Patterson coming back from international duty but no mention of Whyte. I don't really rate the lad but you would have thought he would have a mention- especially as he scored.

ive said elsewhere , he used him very little after the restart {i realise he might have had an injury , but it wasnt mentioned } and the boy despite working very hard has not produced up the top end.. i think if 2/3 come in Whyte could well find himself out on loan..

Ide take whyte over murphy I think whyte would be better on the left

Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:13 pm

RageJon wrote:
skidemin wrote:

What makes you say that mate? Stats from last season:

- Murphy played 33, scored 8 and 3 assists.
- Whyte played 30, scored 1 and 1 assist.

Whyte has the engine and work rate I wish Murphy had, Murphy has the talent I wish Whyte had.

Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:50 pm

Welcome :bluescarf:

Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:17 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
RageJon wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Whyte has the engine and work rate I wish Murphy had, Murphy has the talent I wish Whyte had.

I think whyte given the gane time and not 5 minute substitute he is alot more aggressive when attacking.

If he get game time this season watch how he can shift to the right pretty quickly

Your right murphy has talent and shows it once every few games what he could possibly do but 80% of the time he's does not turn up.i hope if he stays he actually respects his place this season because personally I think we should sell him

Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:05 am

RageJon wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:
RageJon wrote:
skidemin wrote:

I think whyte given the gane time and not 5 minute substitute he is alot more aggressive when attacking.

If he get game time this season watch how he can shift to the right pretty quickly

Your right murphy has talent and shows it once every few games what he could possibly do but 80% of the time he's does not turn up.i hope if he stays he actually respects his place this season because personally I think we should sell him

From what I’ve seen of Whyte I haven’t been very impressed at all.
However, saying that, I’d like to see him get a chance and a run in the team. He’s got the attributes - works hard, a bit of speed and determination but we all know what he’s been missing.

Harris doesn’t seem to rate him so far so it’s probably unlikely.