Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " SHEYI OJO SET TO SIGN FOR CARDIFF CITY "

Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:53 am

wez1927 wrote:Give him a chance might rip the championship apart

Always welcome and give a new player a chance.

Different players play differently at different clubs. Sometimes different managers improve players no end.
Let’s hope so with this guy.

He’s obviously had a long contract with Liverpool if he’s still with them and hasn’t played since 2017!

Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:56 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
pontlliwblue wrote:Love the way posters I have never seen on here before ridicule him without any evidence sounds to me like they are annoyed at losing rhian. As to the player leaving could Neil have nicked hoillet

I think you might be right with this one!

Also think Bamba will also go to Boro seeing as we are also looking for a central defender?

Where have you read we are in for a CB?

Really surprised we havnt seen any departures yet.

Harris has mentioned it a few times. We will definitely need 4 central defenders.

I thought Flint might be the one to go however looking long term Bamba might be the one, seeing his age and recent injuries. Also NW rates him highly! Harris has been told to reduce the age of the squad so imo he might be the one to go?

I must have missed that. Bamba is nowhere near the player he was before his injury. Can't see flint going anywhere as I think he's on pretty good wages. I think Sanderson would still be a good addition to the squad. He can play at CB and at RB. If Bacuna has to drop in at RB or whatever reason then we are extremely light in midfield.

Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:01 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4gAjDDMZ5A

Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:02 am

Escott1927 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
pontlliwblue wrote:Love the way posters I have never seen on here before ridicule him without any evidence sounds to me like they are annoyed at losing rhian. As to the player leaving could Neil have nicked hoillet

Also think Bamba will also go to Boro seeing as we are also looking for a central defender?

Harris has mentioned it a few times. We will definitely need 4 central defenders.

I thought Flint might be the one to go however looking long term Bamba might be the one, seeing his age and recent injuries. Also NW rates him highly! Harris has been told to reduce the age of the squad so imo he might be the one to go?

I must have missed that. Bamba is nowhere near the player he was before his injury. Can't see flint going anywhere as I think he's on pretty good wages. I think Sanderson would still be a good addition to the squad. He can play at CB and at RB. If Bacuna has to drop in at RB or whatever reason then we are extremely light in midfield.

I can’t see Flint going anywhere either unless there’s a decent bid which probably won’t happen

He gets a bad press from some on here but I think he’s more than a decent back up to Harris’s favoured pairing from last season.

We definitely need another right back because I don’t see how you can trust an 18yr old in a team with big aspirations for promotion.

Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:22 am

Blue Diver wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

I can’t see Flint going anywhere either unless there’s a decent bid which probably won’t happen

He gets a bad press from some on here but I think he’s more than a decent back up to Harris’s favoured pairing from last season.

We definitely need another right back because I don’t see how you can trust an 18yr old in a team with big aspirations for promotion.

Just have to hope nelson doesn't get injured as we all seen the issues with Flint and Morrison at the back.

Jordi is 21, not 18. People need to give him a few games to settle in. Seems a lot of people have already written him off based off a small amount of game time for us. As city fans tend to do.

Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:50 am

Pity Liverpool won’t loan us Nico Williams as well? Wonder if Harris sees him as a backup for Tomlin as he has apparently played at 10?

Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:56 am

Blue Diver wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

agree ...and yes i think Flint is a decent player too... him and Mozza as a pair doesnt look good on the eye but that doesnt make him as poor as some try to make out..

Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:59 am

Doubt if he is going to rip the championship apart. He has played about 20 odd games each for Fulham Rheims and Rangers with rather mixed results. Started off very well for Rangers before going completely off the boil and being dropped think he was quite good for Fulham without being exceptional. Handily he can play on either wing which will be useful. Think he is going to be pretty good for us without being exceptional.

It may be that after his disappointing spell at Rangers he will be starting to realise he is never going to get into Liverpools first team so might make more of an effort to secure as good a club as possible for his next move by having a good season. Think overall it's a good signing with the proviso we don't really need another winger.

Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:01 pm

Doubt if he is going to rip the championship apart. He has played about 20 odd games each for Fulham Rheims and Rangers with rather mixed results. Started off very well for Rangers before going completely off the boil and being dropped think he was quite good for Fulham without being exceptional. Handily he can play on either wing which will be useful. Think he is going to be pretty good for us without being exceptional.

It may be that after his disappointing spell at Rangers he will be starting to realise he is never going to get into Liverpools first team so might make more of an effort to secure as good a club as possible for his next move by having a good season. Think overall it's a good signing with the proviso we don't really need another winger.

Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:41 pm

skidemin wrote:
Blue Diver wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

agree ...and yes i think Flint is a decent player too... him and Mozza as a pair doesnt look good on the eye but that doesnt make him as poor as some try to make out..

Well the results would suggest they don't play well together but he is a good back up. Solid defender at this level but bit of a donkey in possession.

Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:09 pm

Check the Follow Follow Rangers message board,theres some great comments on there.The first one says strengths none,weakness everything.Others say he has no brain,also his girlfriend got done,may even be in prison,for funding terrorism!!!You just know this is going to go wrong.