Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Truth/ Facts New Cardiff City Season Ticket Holders

Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:17 am

VINCE ALM:

Cardiff City

Cardiff City supporters Season Ticket holder privileges with games played behind closed doors during this Pandemic:

2020-21 New Season

There has a been a lot of confusion generated regarding season tickets holders from an article which was published by a media outlet online yesterday in regards to ST holders privileges. We have received messages from confused supporters club members and the wider support since the article.

It appears the article was written from correspondence sent to corporate hospitality season ticket holders only which confirmed they would have the same entitlements as the rest of the season ticket holders which was outlined at the July launch.

Just to recap as noted in July we confirmed there would be some kind of credit to season ticket holders if games were played behind closed doors, and the club changed the wording to their launch information the following day. However the club were unable at the time to give out any details as it mainly involved streaming live games which Sky have the rights to for all EFL games.

Sky have announced that they will charge the EFL clubs £10 per stream code for the coming season which has now enabled the clubs to put details on the credit. The reason why we were able to watch for free the remaining games home and away last season was because Sky didn't charge for stream codes. Obviously they need to cover their costs and are a business so this could not continue otherwise they will go bust.

So for home games we will be given a stream code which the club will pay Sky £10 for. So this will be deducted from your matching going price which is done pro-rata EG Full price of season ticket zone 3 £329 divided by 23= £14.30 per game. If you then deduct the streaming code charge of £10 you will have £4.30 per game credit off next season ticket 21/22 season.

The supporters has maintained dialogue with the club since their staff returned to work late June and early July, and we also kept in touch on a regular basis during lockdown on a personal level to check the staff we liaise with throughout a season were okay.

The article refers to a U turn this is incorrect there hasn't been a U turn as I previously said this has always been on the table you can see my posts in July confirming this.

The supporters club is currently working hard and closely with the club to try and get fans back in the stadiums with several meetings already taken place. It would be good if we could all put our effort in getting us back in the stadium by encouraging the welsh assembly to look how other countries are getting supporters back into stadiums.

The supporters club has a good working relationship with the club even though we do not always see eye to eye with them we maintain a professional relationship and will support our members wishes including the wider supporter base. The support again for the club is fantastic with season ticket sales above expectation considering the uncertainty over the season at least 75% of last season sales last time I checked.

Years ago the press would have spoken to all parties before going live with a storey but it isn't the case anymore, this article has confused supporters if they were not confused enough already.

The official club announcement is tomorrow on the detail of the credit that was ANNOUNCED IN JULY The supporters club would have liked a few more options for supporters and lobbied for them. The option will not please everyone but based on season ticket sales and those who chose for a discount off their season tickets for this season when given the option it should please most.

The answer to all this is to work together to get us back in the stadium ASAP. The press have been really poor in supporting sports fans on this it would be helpful for a change instead of looking for negativity they could actually join us and campaign too get us back in the grounds. You can go to the pub, beach and park in uncontrolled environments why can't we watch football in a controlled environment?

Re: The Truth/ Facts New Cardiff City Season Ticket Holders

Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:58 pm

At last clarity so the answer Is dont get streaming code and you will get full credit for games behind closed doors.... at least its not club charging fans !

Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:13 pm

pembroke allan wrote:At last clarity so the answer Is dont get streaming code and you will get full credit for games behind closed doors.... at least its not club charging fans !

WOL....wrong AGAIN.

Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:23 pm

Thanks Vince. At least people can stop moaning now.

As for Walesonline, it is the same paper and probably reporters, as the Daily and Sunday Mirror, so why do people believe anything they write. They always look for negatives and don't investigate the truth or get both sides of the story.
Remember insider dealings, phone hacking and the fake British soldier torturers story? They should have been closed down but were protected by Blair, Brown and the labour party.

Who got my £10 for the Northampton game? I should get at least 1/2 of it back for the pathetic performance and the half hearted performance of the team.

Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:26 pm

glas wrote:Thanks Vince. At least people can stop moaning now.

As for Walesonline, it is the same paper and probably reporters, as the Daily and Sunday Mirror, so why do people believe anything they write. They always look for negatives and don't investigate the truth or get both sides of the story.
Remember insider dealings, phone hacking and the fake British soldier torturers story? They should have been closed down but were protected by Blair, Brown and the labour party.

Who got my £10 for the Northampton game? I should get at least 1/2 of it back for the pathetic performance and the half hearted performance of the team.

and who gets all the tenners from fans who are not ST holders , i assumed the club ?

Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:30 pm

skidemin wrote:

and who gets all the tenners from fans who are not ST holders , i assumed the club ?

So did I, that was why I mainly paid the £10 for the Northampton game.

Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:25 pm

glas wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Yes club gets it presume also get all the Saturday away game income from city tv as not covered by sky deal ! Not ideal situation but at end day every man and his dog knew we would miss fair few games and bought st knowing this so really cannot complain at club..... paying for games is better than not seeing games and its upto individual if want to do so...

Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:41 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
glas wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Yes club gets it presume also get all the Saturday away game income from city tv as not covered by sky deal ! Not ideal situation but at end day every man and his dog knew we would miss fair few games and bought st knowing this so really cannot complain at club..... paying for games is better than not seeing games and its upto individual if want to do so...

so the club get no income from the ten quids payed to watch home games ?

Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:52 pm

pembroke allan wrote:At last clarity so the answer Is dont get streaming code and you will get full credit for games behind closed doors.... at least its not club charging fans !

Is that confirmed? way I read it was that we will be given the code rigardless and we would have £10 deducted for each game behind closed doors . Hope you're correct though

Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:58 pm

skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
glas wrote:
skidemin wrote:

No the deal is set that way so that fans can see games as sky got the rights for efl as part of the 540m deal sighned last... it is to ensure ST holders have access to games otherwise fans wont get access to city tv coverage .. like said fans who bought st knew they wobt be seeing games and parted with ££££s on that basis
:thumbup:

Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:07 pm

Does anyone know how, or when we’ll get the streaming code for Sheff Wednesday on Saturday? Will it just be emailed, or do I need to do something on the website first?

Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:08 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
glas wrote:
skidemin wrote:

No the deal is set that way so that fans can see games as sky got the rights for efl as part of the 540m deal sighned last... it is to ensure ST holders have access to games otherwise fans wont get access to city tv coverage .. like said fans who bought st knew they wobt be seeing games and parted with ££££s on that basis
:thumbup
Ps the club already got the money from sky deal only money city get is the difference between cost of st and £10 charge amount depends on st bought is explained in OP

Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:49 pm

Good feedback,cheers.

Well you know what to don't you bluebirds Make a stand and say shove your fu... voucher.

I seen this coming and held back my renewal. Only confusing point for me is are you saying that you are given code no matter what and you dont get a choice to use or not?

Robbing bas....

What makes my stomach turn is how people stick up for them.

They dont give fu... about you, at all, at all.

Around 10,000 season ticket renewal so far. And the club cant give it to us for free?? Works out about 100,000 to club if given free to every person.

Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:02 pm

blue lagoon wrote:Good feedback,cheers.

Well you know what to don't you bluebirds Make a stand and say shove your fu... voucher.

I seen this coming and held back my renewal. Only confusing point for me is are you saying that you are given code no matter what and you dont get a choice to use or not?

Robbing bas....

Around 10,000 season ticket renewal so far. And the club cant give it to us for free?? Works out about 100,000 to club if given free to every person.

they have to give the ten pounds to sky....

Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:47 pm

Im sure they are not short of 100,000 to give to sky and not take off pro rata refunds.

https://youtu.be/CL_4VRMZqF0

Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:49 pm

skidemin wrote:

Robbing bas....

Ffs city have already had the money off sky through tv deal signed last season ! So why should sky give tv for free to clubs?
And if you use eg of 10k thats 100k a game or 2.3m a season if lockout lasts that long
:banghead:

Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:50 pm

blue lagoon wrote:Im sure they are not short of 100,000 to give to sky and not take off pro rata refunds.

https://youtu.be/CL_4VRMZqF0

Its 100k a game as fans pay 10£ per game for 23 games and if include 7 midweek away games thats 30 games or 3m a season

Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:17 pm

Robbing bas....

If people bought a season ticket, we knew the risk - some games may be behind closed doors. For those that we can’t go to, we get a stream for the game as part of the season ticket.

Don’t understand what your issue is with the club - they’ve done nothing wrong here and haven’t as far as I can see ‘robbed’ anyone out of anything.

Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:44 pm

Bluehants wrote:

Robbing bas....

If people bought a season ticket, we knew the risk - some games may be behind closed doors. For those that we can’t go to, we get a stream for the game as part of the season ticket.

Don’t understand what your issue is with the club - they’ve done nothing wrong here and haven’t as far as I can see ‘robbed’ anyone out of anything.

Ì

Think end of last season as given fans wrong impression? If look at things those 9 games were given free by sky to clubs... this season sky want the normal fee and why shouldn't they after all they've given efl clubs 500m+ for tv deal, like you've said and I have as well we knew score before season started that we will miss games and fans had free choice of what to do! Having games on tv is a bonus as can see games , but see point about it being taken off st credits if you watch games but it's only small amount not the £10 per game fee.... but again got choice dont watch games and get full credit on 21/22 season tickets that way stays quo will remain for fans...

Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:51 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Robbing bas....

Ffs city have already had the money off sky through tv deal signed last season ! So why should sky give tv for free to clubs?
And if you use eg of 10k thats 100k a game or 2.3m a season if lockout lasts that long

yes i was replying to someone...

Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:01 pm

skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Robbing bas....

Ooops sorry didn't mean to put in your quote but guess you knew that? :mrgreen:

Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:05 pm

They've got the money, dont be fooled by the fu......

Put the fans first and treat us for our loyalty over the last 30 years.

Loyalty my arse, they only interested in themselves. Fuc.. the lot of them .

Hope the industry goes bust and starta again. Put the players on couple grand a week.

Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:06 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Robbing bas....

Ooops sorry didn't mean to put in your quote but guess you knew that? :mrgreen:

:thumbup:

Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:08 pm

blue lagoon wrote:They've got the money, dont be fooled by the fu......

Hope the industry goes bust and starta again. Put the players on couple grand a week.

right...so who exactly are you blaming , players or clubs...
oh ..and Allans reply to me was meant for you.... :lol:

Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:11 pm

skidemin wrote:

right...so who exactly are you blaming , players or clubs...
oh ..and Allans reply to me was meant for you.... :lol:

Thanks! :mrgreen: was only correcting an error in what was said..

Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:16 pm

For the loyalty that ‘we’ve’ shown, but you say that you didn’t renew your season ticket for whatever reason.

If someone has a season ticket they’ll get to see the games either in the ground or via TV and will get a variable credit that can be used towards next seasons ST.

I really don’t understand what the issue is, unless it’s just for the sake of having a quick pop at the club.

Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:32 pm

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/09/upd ... L5,SB4P6,1

Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:47 pm

For me and my partner, we bought season tickets to support going back to normal, to show there is still demand to get back in and live a life of freedom over fear.

There's no easy way for any business to adjust to the constant contradictions from local, country and global governence.

I can't just accept that games were going to be behind closed doors for half the season, nobody should accept that.

Remember, this was intially, "just for 2 weeks", then it was for "just another month"... Now it is just being accepted as the "new normal", which is so far removed from normal that you just have to call it the "new abnormal".

If all of this was so "normal", why have Eastenders not got all of the characters in masks?

Sorry state of affairs, any GOOD FACTUAL NEWS is drowned out by negative fearmongering "cases cases cases"...

We need to get return to reality otherwise there will be no football clubs left, aside from the "superclubs". Local businesses in the vicinity of football stadiums will go bust. I bet that will have a wonderful effect on those people's wellbeing. Guess what, if people are jobless they get depressed. When people get depressed they become more prone to illness.

Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:26 pm

NPCF3 wrote:For me and my partner, we bought season tickets to support going back to normal, to show there is still demand to get back in and live a life of freedom over fear.

There's no easy way for any business to adjust to the constant contradictions from local, country and global governence.

I can't just accept that games were going to be behind closed doors for half the season, nobody should accept that.

Remember, this was intially, "just for 2 weeks", then it was for "just another month"... Now it is just being accepted as the "new normal", which is so far removed from normal that you just have to call it the "new abnormal".

If all of this was so "normal", why have Eastenders not got all of the characters in masks?

Sorry state of affairs, any GOOD FACTUAL NEWS is drowned out by negative fearmongering "cases cases cases"...

We need to get return to reality otherwise there will be no football clubs left, aside from the "superclubs". Local businesses in the vicinity of football stadiums will go bust. I bet that will have a wonderful effect on those people's wellbeing. Guess what, if people are jobless they get depressed. When people get depressed they become more prone to illness.

Got two st on basis of not knowing when get to see games... happy to put money into club happy in knowledge get credit for 21/22 season for games not seen :old:

Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:23 am

For most,loyalty to your club comes from the heart, not the wallet! We are in unprecedented times,yet the club should reward us? You pay your money,you take the chance" has never been more relevant than now. :old: