Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Cardiff City player signs new contract "

Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:02 pm

Nelson_Harris_NewDeal.jpg

Cardiff City FC are pleased to announce that Curtis Nelson has put pen to paper on a new City deal.

The 27-year-old has signed a two-year extension to his current contract, keeping him in the Welsh capital until the summer of 2023.

Since joining the Bluebirds from Oxford United, Curtis has made 37 appearances in the City shirt, forming a solid central-defensive partnership with his skipper Sean Morrison.

After scoring on his first league start in a 4-2 victory over Birmingham City in November, he was also on target in City's final match of 2019/20 in the second leg of our Play-Off Semi-Final.

Speaking exclusively to Cardiff City TV, Curtis said: "I'm really glad to get the deal done and know that I'm going to continue playing football at this great club.

"I've got three great centre backs to learn from here, in Sol, Flinty and Moz. I'm just looking to keep learning and performing.

"We've got unfinished business ahead of us this season. It will still be strange without the fans, but we're looking forward to getting them back. It's not the same without them and Cardiff City Stadium is rocking when it's full.

"I'm looking forward to getting started again on Saturday now. I'm excited for what the campaign brings and hopefully we can go one step further and get promotion."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " Cardiff City player signs new contract "

Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:03 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Cardiff City FC are pleased to announce that Curtis Nelson has put pen to paper on a new City deal.

The 27-year-old has signed a two-year extension to his current contract, keeping him in the Welsh capital until the summer of 2023.

Since joining the Bluebirds from Oxford United, Curtis has made 37 appearances in the City shirt, forming a solid central-defensive partnership with his skipper Sean Morrison.

After scoring on his first league start in a 4-2 victory over Birmingham City in November, he was also on target in City's final match of 2019/20 in the second leg of our Play-Off Semi-Final.

Speaking exclusively to Cardiff City TV, Curtis said: "I'm really glad to get the deal done and know that I'm going to continue playing football at this great club.

"I've got three great centre backs to learn from here, in Sol, Flinty and Moz. I'm just looking to keep learning and performing.

"We've got unfinished business ahead of us this season. It will still be strange without the fans, but we're looking forward to getting them back. It's not the same without them and Cardiff City Stadium is rocking when it's full.

"I'm looking forward to getting started again on Saturday now. I'm excited for what the campaign brings and hopefully we can go one step further and get promotion."

Good news ,hes done well

Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:46 pm

Superb news
Excellent CH, in a back 4 :-)

Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:24 am

Happy with this too :thumbup: :bluescarf: :old: :bluebird: