Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Welsh ventilators

Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:47 pm

We are world leaders. A Welsh ventilator is being guinea pigged in Bangladesh.

Thank God for the Bangladeshi

Re: Welsh ventilators

Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:55 pm

Fantastic news in the fight against covid.

Local resident,Mr Ali al Barri Islandi said..."I only came in for my usual ingrowing toe nail problem but after waking up from the anaesthetic to have a hoover pipe down my throat I'm happy to be selected to help the people of Wales. See you all soon."

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:08 pm

Removing field hospitals now ventilators going elsewhere is there something we are not being told? Points to not needing either in near future..... :shock:

Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:45 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Removing field hospitals now ventilators going elsewhere is there something we are not being told? Points to not needing either in near future..... :shock:

It's a non invasive ventilator. It was designed and built in Wales. They think it will help a certain group of patients and hopefully prevent many covid sufferers from needing full invasive ventilation. The reason it's being trialled in Bangladesh is because thankfully there aren't many serious cases of Covid in the UK at the moment but there are in Bangladesh. Having said that, the way things are going here it won't be long before they can try them here sadly.

Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:15 pm

moonboots wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Removing field hospitals now ventilators going elsewhere is there something we are not being told? Points to not needing either in near future..... :shock:

It's a non invasive ventilator. It was designed and built in Wales. They think it will help a certain group of patients and hopefully prevent many covid sufferers from needing full invasive ventilation. The reason it's being trialled in Bangladesh is because thankfully there aren't many serious cases of Covid in the UK at the moment but there are in Bangladesh. Having said that, the way things are going here it won't be long before they can try them here sadly.

Yes positive tests are growing,but not hospitalisations or deaths.you are right on the type of ventilator being tested,and we should be proud of it being a welsh invention :thumbup: as invasive ventilation can cause no end of complications, I read a piece the other week,where the doctor admitted that it's undoubtedly caused the deaths of people with covid,not all,but a fair few
It's done as a last resort in all cases,and they also said recoveries of patients on full ventilation are rare with covid,and results fro c pap forced air ventilation showed a marked difference in survival chances. :old: :bluebird:

Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:25 am

bluesince62 wrote:
moonboots wrote:

Yes positive tests are growing,but not hospitalisations or deaths.you are right on the type of ventilator being tested,and we should be proud of it being a welsh invention :thumbup: as invasive ventilation can cause no end of complications, I read a piece the other week,where the doctor admitted that it's undoubtedly caused the deaths of people with covid,not all,but a fair few
It's done as a last resort in all cases,and they also said recoveries of patients on full ventilation are rare with covid,and results fro c pap forced air ventilation showed a marked difference in survival chances. :old: :bluebird:

They just said on the TV Deaths are rising in the UK, more than thirty yesterday I think Dr Hilary said?

Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:44 am

They said that these ventilators are made from copper because it kills the covid virus.I'm just waiting for a government spokesman to suggest we start sucking pennies if we get a sore throat. :lol:

Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:48 am

Using ventilators was one of the early mistakes in treatment for Covid. They actually make the patients worse, and more cases than not resulted people in dying.

https://time.com/5820556/ventilators-covid-19/

https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/21/cor ... ntilators/

Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:34 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:They said that these ventilators are made from copper because it kills the covid virus.I'm just waiting for a government spokesman to suggest we start sucking pennies if we get a sore throat. :lol:

Well let's be honest there are so many COVID experts in this country someone is bound to suggest it. Even if it is just to get on TV and get their name out there as an expert, so justifying their huge salaries. :lol: :lol:

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:59 pm

Bluebina wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
moonboots wrote:

They just said on the TV Deaths are rising in the UK, more than thirty yesterday I think Dr Hilary said?

Dr Hilary? Ffs thought he was dead where did they drag him up from? Wouldn't trust any stats coming out now as garauntee it's to reinforce their actions.... no deaths part 7 days in Wales..

Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:50 pm

Bluebina wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
moonboots wrote:

christ thats low....are you sure ? normally between 1500 and 1800 people die every day... 30 must be wrong surely...
or are these just the VIP covid deaths that are far more important than normal ones ?