Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Swansea fans very worried about the coming season

Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:42 pm

Doctor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Doctor wrote:I had a feeling this thread was going to be gold. :D

Early days, not even out of October yet :thumbup:

We are almost a quarter of the way through the season. There is enough on show already to know which set of fans is ''more worried'' about this season and that any panicked morons on planetswans prior to the season were just that, panicked morons, yet again.

Stick with me, you won't go far wrong... :thumbup:

75% of season left, far too early to say how either club will end up but I’d rather be in your position to ours at the moment.

Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:44 pm

Felixstowe_jack wrote:Must rank as the silliest post so far this season. A decent squad with cover in all positions, a tactical aware manager and second in table.

The squad is in the best shape its been in since relegation, and arguably at any point in our Championship life. The promotion year still edges it for me but there can certainly be an argument made.

The Rodon sale was a wonder stroke. It has allowed us to bring in much better depth to our squad. As nice as it would have been to think Rodon was ours for the next decade, it wasn't realistic. He was off sooner or later and to get it wrapped up and then go on to improve the squad including a more than able replacement is testament to that decision.

The Gylfi sale, or rather the delay in the sale to squeeze another 5m or so out of Everton hurt us so much more than it would have selling him quickly for 5m less would have. It looks like we learned from that.

Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:45 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:75% of season left, far too early to say how either club will end up but I’d rather be in your position to ours at the moment.

Nobody is saying how we will end up, but enough of the season has gone to have a fair idea of what kind of shape each team is in and which set of fans is more worried about the rest of it...

Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:48 pm

Doctor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:75% of season left, far too early to say how either club will end up but I’d rather be in your position to ours at the moment.

Nobody is saying how we will end up, but enough of the season has gone to have a fair idea of what kind of shape each team is in and which set of fans is more worried about the rest of it...

As I said in an earlier post, I'm not the slightest bit worried but as I've said, I'd rather be in your position at the moment(but I'm a single voice and not a set of fans)

Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:07 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:As I said in an earlier post, I'm not the slightest bit worried but as I've said, I'd rather be in your position at the moment(but I'm a single voice and not a set of fans)

Indeed, but looking at the forum it is clear that some fans are indeed concerned about this season not living up to previous expectations.

Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:30 pm

Doctor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:As I said in an earlier post, I'm not the slightest bit worried but as I've said, I'd rather be in your position at the moment(but I'm a single voice and not a set of fans)

Indeed, but looking at the forum it is clear that some fans are indeed concerned about this season not living up to previous expectations.

Fair enough :occasion5:

Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:51 pm

The post was Swansea fans were worried about the season, and a link to the Swansea site where the Swansea fans were worried about the coming season :thumbup:

Early days we started badly last season, let’s see what happens at Christmas and then again at the end of the season, until then It’s just sooooo boring :thumbup:

Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:50 pm

Bluebina wrote:

The post was Swansea fans were worried about the season, and a link to the Swansea site where the Swansea fans were worried about the coming season :thumbup:

Early days we started badly last season, let’s see what happens at Christmas and then again at the end of the season, until then It’s just sooooo boring :thumbup:

I know what it was.

I responded laughing at the fact stating they are drama queens and does not represent the true situation at the club.

You didn't seem to want to accept that was the case. :lol:

Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:10 am

Bluebina wrote:

Yay :thumbup:

Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:28 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Yay :thumbup:

:laughing6:

Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:13 pm

Just popping along to bump the this thread, considering we are about to go top of the league.

The difference in quality in football between the two sides is absolutely obscene. I genuinely can’t fathom why you accept it, every manager plays a slightly different brand of hoof ball. Technically I have not seen such a poor side in the league, genuinely. No real shot for Woodman to save. Commentator said you haven’t scored against us since 2013, that’s mad. Not looked close so far today.

Quite shocked in all honesty.

Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:18 pm

Doctor wrote:Just popping along to bump the this thread, considering we are about to go top of the league.

The difference in quality in football between the two sides is absolutely obscene. I genuinely can’t fathom why you accept it, every manager plays a slightly different brand of hoof ball. Technically I have not seen such a poor side in the league, genuinely. No real shot for Woodman to save. Commentator said you haven’t scored against us since 2013, that’s mad. Not looked close so far today.

I’ve got an excuse for not watching the game. Mmmm....

Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:21 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I’ve got an excuse for not watching the game. Mmmm....

Probably for the best.

Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:24 pm

Doctor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I’ve got an excuse for not watching the game. Mmmm....

Probably for the best.

Totally agree

Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:30 pm

Yeah we're really worried :laughing5:

Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:10 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Doctor wrote:Just popping along to bump the this thread, considering we are about to go top of the league.

I’ve got an excuse for not watching the game. Mmmm....

About to go top of the league????

Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:13 pm

bluesince62 wrote:

Yep, a point behind now and closing in by the week.

Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:47 pm

Doctor wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Yep, a point behind now and closing in by the week.

Have to say deservedly so. They were excellent today. Part of the reason why we were shite is the quality of the opposition

Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:22 pm

Thats four points off top then for them.

Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:32 pm

bluesince62 wrote:Thats four points off top then for them.

Yep, nicely poised in 3rd, 1 point off automatics.

Are you confident of staying up this season out of interest? Technically you were the worst side we have played I think.

Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:31 am

dantheswansman wrote:Yeah we're really worried :laughing5:

You were, look at the comments, Swansea fans were worried, less so now but it's very early days, let's see what sort of a squad you have over a full season, on your £9.01 an hour paid greenkeepers pitch :thumbup:

Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:36 am

Utter nonsense, early days, come back in May :thumbup:

Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:39 am

Doctor wrote:

Are you confident of staying up this season out of interest? Technically you were the worst side we have played I think.

It's a long season, no one is promoted in December, we have plenty of experience of this, you obviously have far less, don't get carried away it's early days :thumbup

Let's see how your cabbage patch Manager plays on your cabbage patch pitch for the rest of the season :thumbup:

Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:48 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Doctor wrote:

It's a long season, no one is promoted in December, we have plenty of experience of this, you obviously have far less, don't get carried away it's early days :thumbup

Let's see how your cabbage patch Manager plays on your cabbage patch pitch for the rest of the season :thumbup:

Look at him making out he didnt f@ck up,by thinking they were going top on Saturday,saying they about to go top!! Perhaps he should have waited at least until other results were in.pmsl.he will say differently though,as per.

Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:19 pm

Shouldn't have bitten lads.Engaging with it only makes him hard.

Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:37 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Shouldn't have bitten lads.Engaging with it only makes him hard.

Yes, but in what sense...? ;)

Certainly puts the 'Jack' into elation...! :lol: :lol:

Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:16 pm

Sven wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:Shouldn't have bitten lads.Engaging with it only makes him hard.

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:
Chris he turns up like a bad Penny, never fails to deliver, why posters bite I don't know, just feeds his huge ego :thumbup:

Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:38 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris he turns up like a bad Penny, never fails to deliver, why posters bite I don't know, just feeds his huge ego :thumbup:

I have him on my ignore list,but when posters include his posts,am unfortunately able to still see them!! Wont engage with him directly.but either way,they wasnt about to go top,not even 2nd! I will leave it there,and avoid any contact in future.

Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:06 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Doctor wrote:

I didn’t say we were promoted. I said we sit nicely poised in 3rd. 1 point off automatics.

Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:07 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Sven wrote:

I have him on my ignore list,but when posters include his posts,am unfortunately able to still see them!! Wont engage with him directly.but either way,they wasnt about to go top,not even 2nd! I will leave it there,and avoid any contact in future.

We were 2nd, 1 point off top at the time of writing.

Keep up.