Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Swansea fans very worried about the coming season

Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:09 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Sven wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:Shouldn't have bitten lads.Engaging with it only makes him hard.

Yes, but in what sense...? ;)

Certainly puts the 'Jack' into elation...! :lol: :lol:

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:
Chris he turns up like a bad Penny, never fails to deliver, why posters bite I don't know, just feeds his huge ego :thumbup:

They bite because they know I’m right and it annoys them, which is why I choose to only post on Swansea topics these days (or when the chuckle brothers falsely accuse someone of being me), because it sends them utterly doo-lally otherwise, they simply cannot respond in kind to my points :laughing6:

Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:11 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Doctor wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:Thats four points off top then for them.

Yep, nicely poised in 3rd, 1 point off automatics.

Are you confident of staying up this season out of interest? Technically you were the worst side we have played I think.

It's a long season, no one is promoted in December, we have plenty of experience of this, you obviously have far less, don't get carried away it's early days :thumbup

Let's see how your cabbage patch Manager plays on your cabbage patch pitch for the rest of the season :thumbup:

Look at him making out he didnt f@ck up,by thinking they were going top on Saturday,saying they about to go top!! Perhaps he should have waited at least until other results were in.pmsl.he will say differently though,as per.

Im sorry that you read my post incorrectly. I try and make my posts as clear as possible to cater to all levels of cognitive ability, still not sure which part has confused you but will take it on board in future conversations.

Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:06 am

Hmmmmmmmm, four posts unanswered Let me guess, I was wrong, as you saying about to go top after your win over us wasn't meant for the there and then? Or something along them lines, usually with a little dig regarding others misinterpretation of your words? Anyway, how's the table tonight? Please help by letting us know when you are "about to go top" :laughing5:

And the claim you made about getting closer by the week?

Well over last six games, we are the ones closing in of late, as we have taken 15/18 points on offer, you have managed what, 12 including the win over us. :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:

Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:22 am

bluesince62 wrote:Hmmmmmmmm, four posts unanswered Let me guess, I was wrong, as you saying about to go top after your win over us wasn't meant for the there and then? Or something along them lines, usually with a little dig regarding others misinterpretation of your words? Anyway, how's the table tonight? Please help by letting us know when you are "about to go top" :laughing5:

Well over last six games, we are the ones closing in of late, as we have taken 15/18 points on offer, you have managed what, 12 including the win over us. :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:

I don’t know what the majority of that post meant unfortunately.

But yes the table is looking fantastic, 4th in the league in a season you claimed we were worried, to which I correctly told you anyone worries knows nothing.

I didn’t claim we were getting closer to top spot each week, it was a fact. A simple summary of that moment in time.

Has that win over Birmingham made you confident you will stay up?

Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:37 am

Doctor wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:Hmmmmmmmm, four posts unanswered Let me guess, I was wrong, as you saying about to go top after your win over us wasn't meant for the there and then? Or something along them lines, usually with a little dig regarding others misinterpretation of your words? Anyway, how's the table tonight? Please help by letting us know when you are "about to go top" :laughing5:

But yes the table is looking fantastic, 4th in the league in a season you claimed we were worried, to which I correctly told you anyone worries knows nothing.

I didn’t claim we were getting closer to top spot each week, it was a fact. A simple summary of that moment in time.

Swansea were knackered after their World cup final :laughing6: :thumbup:

Four points behind you with one of our worst starts to a Championship season, when you've had your best are we worried we'll go down :laughing6: :wave:

You'll fade away, your squad is not strong enough and your pitch is shit because you pay your groundsman staff £9.01 an hour :laughing6:

Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:46 am

Doctor wrote:

Good job for you Roathy on indeed :laughing6:

Department

Grounds Department

Report to

Grounds Manager

Contract Term

Fixed Term until May 31st 2021

Contract

1 x Full Time (40 hours) & 1x Part Time (24 hours)

Hourly Rate

£9.01

Working Hours

Flexible (Days, Evenings, Weekends)

Roles and Responsibilities

This will be an ideal opportunity for someone looking to gain hands on experience working within an elite environment.

The successful candidate will work as part of a team to develop and maintain the Liberty Stadium pitch and training grounds.

General duties will include, mowing, seeding and line marking.

General

Follow all Club Policies, such as Equality & Diversity, Health & Safety, Safeguarding, Anti-Corruption & Bribery and GDPR.

Make suggestions to improve the working environment and contribute to positive employee relations within your area of work and Swansea City Football Club as a whole.

To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other employees and members of the public who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.

To comply with all aspects of the Swansea City Football Club Health and Safety Policy and Arrangements, to enable the Company to perform its civil and statutory obligations in relation to Health & Safety

Ensure effective communication within your work team and across Swansea City whilst actively offering support and guidance, as necessary.

Person Specification

The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience working in a similar role, be self-motivated and have strong team working skills.

NVQ Level 2 in Sports Turf Maintenance and Safe Use of Pesticides Qualifications are desirable but not essential.

Swansea City AFC strives to ensure it provides an environment where everyone's rights, dignity and individual worth is respected and takes a zero tolerance approach to any form of discrimination. Equal Opportunity is an integral part of our recruitment and selection process and we welcome applications from all individuals who feel they meet the core requirements of the role. We are particularly encouraging applications from women, disabled people and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) individuals who are currently under-represented within the organisation. All appointments will be made on merit of skill and experience relative to the role.

The Company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people involved in activities and event at the Company. As part of the Company’s recruitment and selection process any offers of work involving working in regulated activity with children are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS Disclosure and barred list check (depending on the level of supervision, frequency and nature of contact with children). Appropriate references are also required.

Should an adequate number of applications be received prior to the closing date, Swansea City AFC reserve the right to remove this advert.

Due to a high demand in applications the Club will be unable to respond to those applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview

Reference ID: Grounds20

Contract length: 6 months

Part-time hours: 24-40 per week

Application deadline: 07/12/2020

Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary

Salary: £9.01 per hour

Benefits:

On-site parking
Experience:

grounds maintenance: 2 years (Required)
Work remotely:

No

Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:56 am

Doctor wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Doctor wrote:I had a feeling this thread was going to be gold. :D

The post was Swansea fans were worried about the season, and a link to the Swansea site where the Swansea fans were worried about the coming season :thumbup:

Early days we started badly last season, let’s see what happens at Christmas and then again at the end of the season, until then It’s just sooooo boring :thumbup:

I know what it was.

I responded laughing at the fact stating they are drama queens and does not represent the true situation at the club.

You didn't seem to want to accept that was the case. :lol:

Early days, four points between us.

Rusty stadium, shit pitch, £9.01p ground staff, will your board back you, a good start (for you) on the pitch, a quick glance at your board and many fans are still worried about the finances, still very early to be gloating :thumbup: :wave:

Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:46 am

4 points and about 4 thousand levels of ability maybe :laughing6:

I’m not gloating, I’m saying it as it is. I said from the very first page that it’s laughable that people were making out we were in trouble this season. I was correct.

I didn’t even know the kick off time for “our World Cup Final” until the day of, where as there have been endless discussions on here about it. I’d like to count up the derby threads on this forum vs Swansea forum - I think this would outstrip the Swansea threads maybe 5 to 1.

We have nothing to prove, you have everything to prove. Which is why it seemed like the sky was falling last week on here.

Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:43 am

Doctor wrote:4 points and about 4 thousand levels of ability maybe :laughing6:

I’m not gloating, I’m saying it as it is. I said from the very first page that it’s laughable that people were making out we were in trouble this season. I was correct.

I didn’t even know the kick off time for “our World Cup Final” until the day of, where as there have been endless discussions on here about it. I’d like to count up the derby threads on this forum vs Swansea forum - I think this would outstrip the Swansea threads maybe 5 to 1.

We have nothing to prove, you have everything to prove. Which is why it seemed like the sky was falling last week on here.

Looks like you blew your load against us, as ever, nothing left in the tanks for shitty ole Derby? :lol:
Think we had a similar issue when we played you....as ever :banghead:

Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:05 am

That’s the Championship for you.

You are one of many teams that come unstuck against us this season, you won’t be the last. We are too good for that not to be the case.

Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:23 pm

Doctor wrote:That’s the Championship for you.

You are one of many teams that come unstuck against us this season, you won’t be the last. We are too good for that not to be the case.

You are four points ahead of us you idiot :lol:

Look how excited you are? It's ridiculous yes you beat Cardiff and lost to Derby, we lost to Swansea and beat Birmingham, we are right back where we started, it's just 3points a game.

We are not getting overexcited even when we've just got 12 points out of 15, and we are not playing well :wave:

Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:29 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Look how excited you are? It's ridiculous yes you beat Cardiff and lost to Derby, we lost to Swansea and beat Birmingham, we are right back where we started, it's just 3points a game.

We are not getting overexcited even when we've just got 12 points out of 15, and we are not playing well :wave:

Liverpool are 4 points ahead of Southampton too, what’s your point? The level between the clubs is barely comparable.

Excited? There is nothing exciting about being in the top handful in the Championship, I am a Swansea fan and have been spoiled with far greater achievements than that in recent times. It’s just the way it is.

We are not back where we started as the season is longer than 2 games, so far it has been 19 games and we currently sit in 4th while your position is in double figures, as it has been most of the season.

If you are now satisfied with the standard of your team because you happen to currently be 4 points behind us then knock yourself out. But I would suggest that sort of sweep under the carpet attitude is why you have not been able to push on and remain stuck in the same formula of style and failure.

You need to have better standards as supporters.

Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:43 pm

Doctor wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Liverpool are 4 points ahead of Southampton too, what’s your point? The level between the clubs is barely comparable.

Excited? There is nothing exciting about being in the top handful in the Championship, I am a Swansea fan and have been spoiled with far greater achievements than that in recent times. It’s just the way it is.

We are not back where we started as the season is longer than 2 games, so far it has been 19 games and we currently sit in 4th while your position is in double figures, as it has been most of the season.

If you are now satisfied with the standard of your team because you happen to currently be 4 points behind us then knock yourself out. But I would suggest that sort of sweep under the carpet attitude is why you have not been able to push on and remain stuck in the same formula of style and failure.

You need to have better standards as supporters.

We've been finishing above you for years, keep singing as you're barely ahead of us, now bore off :sleepy2: :thumbup:

I'm not playing your silly round in circle games, feck off till the end of the season because everything in between is just stuff, it's where you finish the season that counts :thumbup: :wave:

Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:54 pm

Bluebina wrote:
We've been finishing above you for years, keep singing as you're barely ahead of us, now bore off :sleepy2: :thumbup:

I'm not playing your silly round in circle games, feck off till the end of the season because everything in between is just stuff, it's where you finish the season that counts :thumbup: :wave:

And S Club 7 were topping the charts for years, the fact is those days are long gone. You have finished above us 2 times out of the last 10 and the last one by the skin of your teeth. :lol:

If it’s just where you end up at the end of the season that counts... then it’s a bit odd this forum was in meltdown last week. Isn’t it?

Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:13 pm

Its simple really,if we had beat the jacks,our posistion would be above them,we aint that far off,but the season has a long way to go yet,and as we know,things can change,and will.

Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:18 pm

bluesince62 wrote:Its simple really,if we had beat the jacks,our posistion would be above them,we aint that far off,but the season has a long way to go yet,and as we know,things can change,and will.

You could have played that game 100 times and still not won. There is a mammoth gap between the quality of the teams, simplifying it to a points gap really is not addressing that issue. Do you honestly think Southampton fans are deluded enough to think there isn’t that much between the two because it’s just 4 points between them?

Come on now.

Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:29 pm

Doctor wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

And S Club 7 were topping the charts for years, the fact is those days are long gone. You have finished above us 2 times out of the last 10 and the last one by the skin of your teeth. :lol:

If it’s just where you end up at the end of the season that counts... then it’s a bit odd this forum was in meltdown last week. Isn’t it?

Try two out of the last two :thumbup:
Comparing yourself to Liverpool :laughing6: did Southampton finish above Liverpool last season?
No, they are just happy to be overachieving this season like Swansea, and neither of you will maintain it, it's where you finish not where you are at Christmas :thumbup: now bore off you idiot :sleepy2: :wave:

Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:18 pm

Doctor wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

2 out of 10 or 12 out of 20.....S club 7 fan too eh? Typical Jack, no class..... :lol:

Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:49 pm

goats wrote:
2 out of 10 or 12 out of 20.....S club 7 fan too eh? Typical Jack, no class..... :lol:

7 Club 7 fan? really? no accounting for taste I suppose.

the last decade is a good barometer of where the clubs are currently, there are still people at both clubs that were there 10 years ago. You wouldnt be able to say the same for 20 years or more, then it gets in to the realms of nonsense.

Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:51 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Comparing yourself to Liverpool :laughing6: did Southampton finish above Liverpool last season?
No, they are just happy to be overachieving this season like Swansea, and neither of you will maintain it, it's where you finish not where you are at Christmas :thumbup: now bore off you idiot :sleepy2: :wave:

Exactly that's my point. Last one was by the skin of your teeth and the other one was when you were getting relegated. :lol:

I haven't compared ourselves to anyone, I am saying the points gap doesn't tell the story as you can see by the huge gulf between Southampton and Liverpool, yet its only 4 points on paper too.

Many of your fans recognised and posted openly that we are miles ahead so seems odd to pretend that isn't the case.

Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:39 am

Doctor wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Exactly that's my point. Last one was by the skin of your teeth and the other one was when you were getting relegated. :lol:

I haven't compared ourselves to anyone, I am saying the points gap doesn't tell the story as you can see by the huge gulf between Southampton and Liverpool, yet its only 4 points on paper too.

Many of your fans recognised and posted openly that we are miles ahead so seems odd to pretend that isn't the case.

Nonsense agree to disagree, no answer on the state of your paddy field pitch, and why your owners sacked the lawn company previously employed to look after it and trying to do it yourself on £9 an hour groundsmen.

You have had a reasonable start, but with a young squad, and have to play through the toughest three months of the year on a shit muddy pitch, you will fall away. :wave:

Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:55 am

There is nothing to disagree with, we all saw the sides line up against each other and it was no contest.

Not sure what you mean about “no answer”. You didn’t ask me anything.

Yeah our pitch is rubbish, not sure what there is to say really. We are still 4th and it’s been crap all season so it’s not affecting us too much clearly. We spent £550k on it last season to completely re-turf (first time in almost 2 decades) but the grass has some sort of disease that grass can get from time to time and hasn’t taken very well.

I wasn’t aware we had sacked our ground staff. I have seen nothing on that.

Yes our squad is young, that’s a positive not a negative. We have enough old heads in there to lead like Naughton, Routledge, Dyer, Ayew, Bennett and Smith.

We have an excellent side, unfortunately light up top. Hopefully January can rectify that.

Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:36 am

Doctor wrote:There is nothing to disagree with, we all saw the sides line up against each other and it was no contest.

Yeah our pitch is rubbish, not sure what there is to say really. We are still 4th and it’s been crap all season so it’s not affecting us too much clearly. We spent £550k on it last season to completely re-turf (first time in almost 2 decades) but the grass has some sort of disease that grass can get from time to time and hasn’t taken very well.

Yes our squad is young, that’s a positive not a negative. We have enough old heads in there to lead like Naughton, Routledge, Dyer, Ayew, Bennett and Smith.

We have an excellent side, unfortunately, light up top. Hopefully, January can rectify that.

Only time will tell how a young squad, will cope with winter conditions, a shit pitch which will get worse, injuries and fatigue, experience tells me you will fall away.

We seem to be picking up points when playing badly, we are scoring more goals from dead balls, and if we can cut out the mistakes at the back should push up.

Bore off now the game was almost a week a go :sleepy2: :wave:

Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:48 am

Bluebina wrote:
Doctor wrote:There is nothing to disagree with, we all saw the sides line up against each other and it was no contest.

We have an excellent side, unfortunately, light up top. Hopefully, January can rectify that.

Only time will tell how a young squad, will cope with winter conditions, a shit pitch which will get worse, injuries and fatigue, experience tells me you will fall away.

We seem to be picking up points when playing badly, we are scoring more goals from dead balls, and if we can cut out the mistakes at the back should push up.

Bore off now the game was almost a week a go :sleepy2: :wave:

Is it a known thing that young people don’t like the cold or something then? :laughing6:

The game was almost a week ago yet you are still harping on about it. Let it go, there will be another chance for your Cup final at our place in the new year.

Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:33 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Doctor wrote:

Swansea were knackered after their World cup final :laughing6: :thumbup:

Four points behind you with one of our worst starts to a Championship season, when you've had your best are we worried we'll go down :laughing6: :wave:

You'll fade away, your squad is not strong enough and your pitch is shit because you pay your groundsman staff £9.01 an hour :laughing6:

The man is nuts!! Wont EVER say he was wrong,as in his "about to go top" statement,which we All know he meant that day(sat)after beating us!! But of course,I misread what he was saying(again) and for your records,I never once said you were worried about the season! Show me where I have.take your victory over us away,and if we had won,we would be above you now!! But your "a thousand levels above us" pmsl.the table tells the true story,but only week by week.
The final standings are ALL that matters!!

Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:37 pm

bluesince62 wrote:The man is nuts!! Wont EVER say he was wrong,as in his "about to go top" statement,which we All know he meant that day(sat)after beating us!! But of course,I misread what he was saying(again) and for your records,I never once said you were worried about the season! Show me where I have.take your victory over us away,and if we had won,we would be above you now!! But your "a thousand levels above us" pmsl.the table tells the true story,but only week by week.

Your first sentence above is correct; but you might have replaced the word 'man' for the more apt 'narcissist' ;)

Which raises the question "Why rise to him?" (and I don't just mean you) :?

He is a busted flush on this Forum and has to cling to resurrecting a couple of now tired threads in order to get his 'fix'

He no longer "chooses" (as he stated) when and where he posts; that is not the case. It is direct Swansea threads only and they (again despite his claims) are relatively few and far between other than near match days when I'm not sure what else he would expect? :?

He accused (maybe you?) someone on here in the last day or so, of being 'obsessed' with the Swans due to the number of threads started ahead of last weekend's game...

That's where the irony sets in once again; coming from the obdurate one who accuses the supporters/posters of another club's Forum of being 'obsessed' whilst trolling and fishing for 'bites' on their Forum at every (limited nowadays) opportunity and having to resurrect old threads/posts/comments to justify his own obsessive need to remind us he is still here!

You couldn't make it up, could you? ;) :lol:

Unfortunately, people who always need to be right tend to have fragile egos and when they feel as if their self-image has been threatened, they set out to make themselves look bigger or smarter to others

Put simply, it's a coping mechanism to deal with insecurities and it's become a narcissistic obsession with this Forum and its members :oops:

Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:27 pm

Think more worried about their cabbage patch pitch which is being replaced next week! :o

Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:47 pm

Sven wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:The man is nuts!! Wont EVER say he was wrong,as in his "about to go top" statement,which we All know he meant that day(sat)after beating us!! But of course,I misread what he was saying(again) and for your records,I never once said you were worried about the season! Show me where I have.take your victory over us away,and if we had won,we would be above you now!! But your "a thousand levels above us" pmsl.the table tells the true story,but only week by week.

Your first sentence above is correct; but you might have replaced the word 'man' for the more apt 'narcissist' ;)

He is a busted flush on this Forum and has to cling to resurrecting a couple of now tired threads in order to get his 'fix'

He no longer "chooses" (as he stated) when and where he posts; that is not the case. It is direct Swansea threads only and they (again despite his claims) are relatively few and far between other than near match days when I'm not sure what else he would expect? :?

He accused (maybe you?) someone on here in the last day or so, of being 'obsessed' with the Swans due to the number of threads started ahead of last weekend's game...

That's where the irony sets in once again; coming from the obdurate one who accuses the supporters/posters of another club's Forum of being 'obsessed' whilst trolling and fishing for 'bites' on their Forum at every (limited nowadays) opportunity and having to resurrect old threads/posts/comments to justify his own obsessive need to remind us he is still here!

Unfortunately, people who always need to be right tend to have fragile egos and when they feel as if their self-image has been threatened, they set out to make themselves look bigger or smarter to others

Put simply, it's a coping mechanism to deal with insecurities and it's become a narcissistic obsession with this Forum and its members :oops:

I get you sven,but it wasnt me he accused,as hed be wrong again,as I have no inclination to start a jacks thread! I'll leave this one now,we know who's right.

Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:18 pm

bluesince62 wrote:

The man is nuts!! Wont EVER say he was wrong,as in his "about to go top" statement,which we All know he meant that day(sat)after beating us!! But of course,I misread what he was saying(again) and for your records,I never once said you were worried about the season! Show me where I have.take your victory over us away,and if we had won,we would be above you now!! But your "a thousand levels above us" pmsl.the table tells the true story,but only week by week.

So you misunderstand my post, then misinterpret it and take it out of context of what it actually said in order to apply your own meaning - and you are upset with me because I don’t accept for your version to replace the one that I wrote?

Yes that makes a lot of sense.

IF we had won every game this season we would be top. What is your point? We didn’t... and you didn’t beat us, or even come close to it. We could have had a flower pot in goal and still won. Did woodman have a real save to make? As I keep saying, Southampton and Liverpool are worlds apart yet there is “only” 4 points between them too.

Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:32 pm

Sven wrote:

Stop crying Sven, it’s not a good look.

I choose when to post, how I post and what I post... I chose to only post on Swansea threads. That was not dictated to me, I said to Annis that I would do so because the likes of you cannot handle me being correct on Cardiff threads, you have public meltdowns. You have me to thank for your cocoon, yet you are too blinded in bile and obsession to see it.

I rule this forum and have for the best part of a decade. I don’t even have to post and have the likes of you chasing your tail accusing a multitude of posters of being me. It’s very entertaining. While I am constantly in your mind, which I clearly am, to the point you explode every time I give my accurate view on your club - I win, it really is that simple. Which is why there is great satisfaction in refraining from doing so, as the result of which is something I know irritated you. We are both aware that constitutes clear victory.

You have seen me as a threat both intellectually and to the bubble you like to create here. We have seen your odd reactions to anything you deem as “not positive” on the various match threads where you see it as your personal mission to respond to every single person that makes a factual point regarding your standard of play, or even the scoreline sometimes. There is a deep insecurity there and my presence is a great threat to that.

Whilst you are correct that I rarely post these days (although according to you I must post every day in some form or other :laughing6: ) that’s through choice, a choice that has put the bow and ribbon on the gift that is victory over the likes of you that have obsessed over me for so long. My silence acts as an ever present smug smile that cannot be ignored and is louder than you would care to admit. :lol:

Merry Xmas. :D