Izzy Brown issues defiant message ahead of Sheffield Wednes

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:05 pm

Izzy Brown issues defiant message ahead of Sheffield Wednesday's tussle with Cardiff City

The Owls take on the Bluebirds at the Cardiff City Stadium tomorrow

By Dom Howson

Sheffield Live

Attacking midfielder Izzy Brown has sounded out a defiant message on the eve of Sheffield Wednesday's Championship curtain-raiser with Cardiff City.

Garry Monk's troops face an uphill task to stay up before a ball is even kicked, with the club kicking off the campaign bottom of the table with a 12-point deficit after an independent disciplinary commission found them guilty of breaking English Football League's spending rules.

A trip to Cardiff, last season's beaten semi-finalists, is not a kind start to the 2020/21 season.

But Brown, one of five summer additions, is confident the Owls can get off to a positive start in South Wales.

"I have played against Cardiff a few times," he told Yorkshire Live. "You know what type of game you are going to get against them.

"It will be tough but nothing really scares me about Cardiff because you have got to trust yourself and the players that you are with to get a result. I think we can get a result against any team in this league.

"Of course, it is important to get a win in the first game of the season and I feel like we can do that.

If you cannot see this competition entry form please click here

"You have to have the belief and focus that you can win every game when you go on to the pitch."

The 23-year-old, on a season long-loan from Chelsea, is expected to make his league debut for the Owls. Brown was utilised in a central role last week but may drop back into midfield following the signings of forwards Elias Kachunga and Josh Windass.

After Cardiff, Monk's men entertain newly-relegated Watford before heading to Bristol City. They host Queens Park Rangers in their final Championship fixture before the first international break on October 3.

"If you start well, it helps with confidence," said Brown. "When you get confidence going all the way through the club, there is a completely different atmosphere."
Attachments
0_Izzy-Brown-21.jpg
0_Izzy-Brown-21.jpg (49.75 KiB) Viewed 1656 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Izzy Brown issues defiant message ahead of Sheffield Wed

Postby andy 189 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:06 pm

He was lazy and fcuking crap at leeds .I wouldn't worry bout him with your style of play..
andy 189

Postby bluesince62 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:17 pm

andy 189 wrote:He was lazy and fcuking crap at leeds .I wouldn't worry bout him with your style of play..

Our style is an evolving one,Harris is beginning to shape a squad,but has only signed one for a fee so far (likely could change,with etheridge and laing gone)we are no longer a strictly route one team,and have added a couple of good young speedy players,although that could not work out,or it could :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby andy 189 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:34 am

I predict a top 6 spot for you hope you do well ..
andy 189

Postby bluesince62 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:02 am

andy 189 wrote:I predict a top 6 spot for you hope you do well ..

Bottom six if you listen to the doomsayers after one game! Great game today for your team,shame they nicked a result off you.
You should be ok,providing the level of performance stays at today's level.to out posses the scouser on their own patch is no mean feat :thumbup: still don't like your club tho :lol: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Return to General Chat