New team for next game.

A forum for all things Cardiff City

New team for next game.

Postby PontreBlue » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:04 pm

First post back in a while, hope everyones doing well.

So after today there needs to be changes. I'd like to see us play 4231 with fullbacks allowed to overlap the wingers alot more this is where 1 new players come in where they should make a big difference.


smithies
bacuna morrison nelson cunningham
ralls vaulks
ibe tomlin murphy
moore

so first change Bacuna as rb - the new guy just doesnt look like he's cut for it. Bacuna has got a good engine van get up and down and can get s good cross in.

Cunningham - bennett is a player i like but we need a bit more, someone said it earlier he always plays the ball back slows down any momentum going forward.

Ralls Vaulks provide the legs the box to box players.

Tomlin to create.

2 direct wingers with pace cruicial automatically can make the opposition drops 10 yards deeper no defender likes playing against pace.

Moore - just because he offers that extra dimension in the air that glatzel juat doesnt bring.

Hopefully a bad day and just a one off on to the next game :bluescarf:
PontreBlue
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:49 pm

New team for next game.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: New team for next game.

Postby Brezza » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:50 pm

Pontreblue - I agree with your sentiments but I cannot have Murphy in the team. He can’t beat a player can’t cross and he gets brushed off the ball too easily. We need 2 fast attacking young wingers who are prepared to get to the byline so that the opposition defenders are facing their own goal which makes it difficult for them. Bennett must be dropped. I bet his car only has one gear - reverse
Brezza
 
Posts: 1040
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:22 pm

Re: New team for next game.

Postby PontreBlue » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:13 pm

Brezza wrote:Pontreblue - I agree with your sentiments but I cannot have Murphy in the team. He can’t beat a player can’t cross and he gets brushed off the ball too easily. We need 2 fast attacking young wingers who are prepared to get to the byline so that the opposition defenders are facing their own goal which makes it difficult for them. Bennett must be dropped. I bet his car only has one gear - reverse


:laughing6: :laughing6: laughed more than i should of at the car bit

yeah see the point on murphy final ball not the best confidence player.
PontreBlue
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:49 pm

Re: New team for next game.

Postby Escott1927 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:18 pm

Where has this Ibe rumour come from?
Escott1927
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am

Re: New team for next game.

Postby PontreBlue » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:49 pm

Escott1927 wrote:Where has this Ibe rumour come from?


No rumour just saying who I'd like. I did see a post earlier saying something about ibe too so just a coincidence more than likely as ive seen nothing :thumbright:
PontreBlue
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:49 pm

Re: New team for next game.

Postby thomasblue » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:03 am

I would try something a bit different and go 4132

Use Murphy as a striker as I believe that's his best position

Drop Nelson for Cunningham at center back

Use Patterson for his legs as a defensive midfielder where I believe he would be well suited.

Smithies

Bacuna Morrison Cunningham Bennett

Patterson

Vaulks Tomlin Ralls

Murphy Moore
thomasblue
 
Posts: 6440
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:20 pm

Re: New team for next game.

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:38 am

Smithes

Back four as yesterday (they don’t become poor overnight)

Ralls. Bacuna

Ojo. Tomlin Hoilett (finders crosses for better)

Moore
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 4521
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:39 am

Re: New team for next game.

Postby PontreBlue » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:41 pm

thomasblue wrote:I would try something a bit different and go 4132

Use Murphy as a striker as I believe that's his best position

Drop Nelson for Cunningham at center back

Use Patterson for his legs as a defensive midfielder where I believe he would be well suited.

Smithies

Bacuna Morrison Cunningham Bennett

Patterson

Vaulks Tomlin Ralls

Murphy Moore


cunningham at center back might be a good option im sure he played there for preston a number of times :thumbright:
PontreBlue
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:49 pm

Re: New team for next game.

Postby derynglas » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:21 pm

Escott1927 wrote:Where has this Ibe rumour come from?


When I looked on twitter yesterday there was a solitary tweet mentioning it... off an account that looked beyond fake.
derynglas
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:05 am

Re: New team for next game.

Postby Kenbird1927 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:09 pm

My team for forrest
Attachments
My 11 (1).png
My 11 (1).png (519.71 KiB) Viewed 855 times
My 11 (1).png
My 11 (1).png (519.71 KiB) Viewed 855 times
Kenbird1927
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 13, 2019 9:30 pm

Re: New team for next game.

Postby Mr Potato » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:12 pm

thomasblue wrote:I would try something a bit different and go 4132

Use Murphy as a striker as I believe that's his best position

Drop Nelson for Cunningham at center back

Use Patterson for his legs as a defensive midfielder where I believe he would be well suited.

Smithies

Bacuna Morrison Cunningham Bennett

Patterson

Vaulks Tomlin Ralls

Murphy Moore


I’d keep nelson and replace Bennett with Cunningham, it would not hurt to drop him for a game or two. Other than that I’d put Paterson with in with vaulks and ralls and place tomlin behind the front two. But, that is about as good as we can get.
Mr Potato
 
Posts: 572
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:30 pm

Re: New team for next game.

Postby CCFC_Ok » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:21 pm

Tom sang needs to be given a chance in my opinion. Every time I’ve seen him he looks like his technical ability is one of the best in the squad, can pick a pass and also has the energy of the other midfielders
CCFC_Ok
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:00 pm

Re: New team for next game.

Postby Big Hill Blue » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:44 pm

CCFC_Ok wrote:Tom sang needs to be given a chance in my opinion. Every time I’ve seen him he looks like his technical ability is one of the best in the squad, can pick a pass and also has the energy of the other midfielders


100% agree. C'mon NH back up selection to match your comments to get the youngsters playing.
Big Hill Blue
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:27 pm

Re: New team for next game.

Postby CCFC_Ok » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:52 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:
CCFC_Ok wrote:Tom sang needs to be given a chance in my opinion. Every time I’ve seen him he looks like his technical ability is one of the best in the squad, can pick a pass and also has the energy of the other midfielders


100% agree. C'mon NH back up selection to match your comments to get the youngsters playing.


Also I think Mark Harris should at least make the bench, he offers something none of the other strikers offer, which is pace in behind, as much as our midfield is poor going forward, maybe if our players made runs in behind they might find it easier to create chances
CCFC_Ok
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:00 pm

Re: New team for next game.

Postby valleymodeller » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:15 pm

You can't play four in midfield if Tomlin is one of the four. He needs other people to do the running.

I think Osei-Tutu is a winger trying to be a full back. But because we don't have anyone else if he is left out Bacuna would have to play there. That would take legs out of the midfield.

At the moment none of them are worth their place except Smithies and Morrison.

And no Cunnigham or Flint on the bench yesterday either, which may be a hint as to what is going on. It shows how weak we are when Bamba gets a place in the eighteen. My team would be:

Smithies, someone new at rb, Morrison, Nelson, Bennett, Ojo, Bacuna, Vaulks, Ralls, Murphy, Glatzel.
valleymodeller
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:23 pm



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Carpman, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], newblue57 and 180 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.