Neil Harris: Frustrating lack of Cardiff City creativity pro

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Harris: Frustrating lack of Cardiff City creativity pro

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:33 am

Frustrating lack of Cardiff City creativity proves the difference as Neil Harris insists there is no play-off hangover

The Bluebirds started their campaign with a defeat at home to Sheffield Wednesday

Glen Williams


Sunday 13th September 2020



Neil Harris bemoaned Cardiff City's lack of creativity against Sheffield Wednesday after his side fell to defeat in the first game of their Championship campaign.

The Bluebirds were completely bereft of ideas with the ball at their feet against the Owls and the visitors hit them with two "sucker punches", as Harris called them, to claim a 2-0 victory.

City enjoyed the lion's share of possession, 62 percent, and territory throughout the match, but when it came to the business end of the pitch the hosts did not have the tools to unlock the deep-lying Wednesday defence.

It is that lack of ingenuity and spark in the final third, Harris says, which was the most frustrating aspect of the defeat.





NEIL HARRIS:

"We didn't show enough quality in the final third to break down a back seven - a five-man defence and two holding midfielders," Harris said.

"Ultimately if we aren't going to show the quality in games like that then they need to be 0-0 and that's where we have fallen short."

He added: "We have to find different ways to score all over the pitch. Today, were our set pieces good enough? No. Were we good enough in open play? No.

"Does that mean we have to bring in more personnel? As a manager you always want options, more personnel, but it's not always possible.

"Wide players will go through peaks and troughs throughout the season. I certainly expect more from Junior Hoilett and Josh Murphy when they are on the pitch.

"We know Robert Glatzel and Kieffer Moore are capable of scoring goals because they did it last season in the Championship.

"We need to be more fluent as a team, it's not about getting people in. Today, we didn't have enough ideas or creativity against a very resolute Sheffield Wednesday side."

Harris' Cardiff City have been on an upward trajectory essentially since he took over.

He steered them from 14th last season to finish fifth before narrowly missing out on the play-off final, losing to eventual winners Fulham.

But, following a Carabao Cup defeat by League One Northampton Town last weekend and this loss to Sheffield Wednesday, some might now point to a hangover from the elation at the back end of last season.

Harris, though, does not believe that is the case.



NEIL HARRIS:


"I hope not," he said. "I hope the cup game was an isolation. They played it like a cup final - we played it like a pre-season friendly.

"Today, individual errors, team errors. I see the mentality is right every day on the training pitch.

"But if there is a hangover we need to shake it off quickly. I don't sense it at the moment, but I understand it will be labelled that if we don't start picking points up quickly at the start of a Championship campaign."

Of course, there are 45 games to go and all is certainly not lost.

Despite the furore surrounding Nathaniel Mendez-Laing's shock exit this week, the manager made no excuses, calling it a "challenging week" but insisted his nor his players' focus had shifted.

Harris said he was very disappointed by the performance and the result, but realises this is a marathon and not a sprint.

"It's a disappointing result, yes, but we've had disappointing results over the course of the last nine months," he added.

"Unfortunately, there are going to be more disappointing results over the next nine months! I'm experienced enough to know that.

"It's making sure we can be as consistent as possible, on and off the pitch, as a football club.

"We have to put this week behind us. It has been difficult, but all I am interested in now is studying the game today, picking the right team for Nottingham Forest away next week and us getting our first points of the season on the board."
Attachments
42994E58-9E04-471C-9D36-E870393E7FEB.jpeg
42994E58-9E04-471C-9D36-E870393E7FEB.jpeg (92.29 KiB) Viewed 1929 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 125169
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:30 pm

Neil Harris: Frustrating lack of Cardiff City creativity pro

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Neil Harris: Frustrating lack of Cardiff City creativity

Postby montyblue » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:28 pm

When you talk about lack of creativity
Just watching the wolves game tonight against sheffield utd how far apart we are from them now 2 or 3 seasons ago when we both went up together.
montyblue
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: Neil Harris: Frustrating lack of Cardiff City creativity

Postby skidemin » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:08 pm

montyblue wrote:When you talk about lack of creativity
Just watching the wolves game tonight against sheffield utd how far apart we are from them now 2 or 3 seasons ago when we both went up together.



its really not a fair comparison though.. they spent far more than us going up and again when they got there..
skidemin
 
Posts: 2318
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Neil Harris: Frustrating lack of Cardiff City creativity

Postby montyblue » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:22 pm

SKIDEMIN

whether you think its not a fair comparison we had a choice also to go certain ways and we chose a different path its not all about money but style of play and players
It was just an observational comment
amd probably looking at wolves a bit envious
But remember us beating them on that wet midweek night game when holliet and gunarrson did the buisness.
montyblue
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: Neil Harris: Frustrating lack of Cardiff City creativity

Postby rumpo kid » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:56 pm

Clubs like Wolves, Leicester, Sheff U, Brighton etc have Owners with ambition. None of those would have appointed Warnock or Harris, so the gulf is massive in intent as well as finance.
rumpo kid
 
Posts: 2447
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:24 pm

Re: Neil Harris: Frustrating lack of Cardiff City creativity

Postby exiled12345 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:15 pm

Neil Harris “it’s not about getting people in”

How worrying is that as a statement!?

Is he off his tits? Everyone on here can see the glaringly obvious shortcomings in the centre of the park. If it’s not addressed then we’re in for a long old season.
exiled12345
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:24 pm

Re: Neil Harris: Frustrating lack of Cardiff City creativity

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:39 pm

montyblue wrote:SKIDEMIN

whether you think its not a fair comparison we had a choice also to go certain ways and we chose a different path its not all about money but style of play and players
It was just an observational comment
amd probably looking at wolves a bit envious
But remember us beating them on that wet midweek night game when holliet and gunarrson did the buisness.



Wolves really is not a fair comparison ! Wolves got an international players agent on their books who was able to give wolves players a lot of premier league teams would love to have bought at cost price ! But having said that when are we going to take a chance on a good upcoming manager who has a modern thinking of playing the game..... We do seem to struggle with a mixture of old school tactics and journey men players ..
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 22373
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Neil Harris: Frustrating lack of Cardiff City creativity

Postby montyblue » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:16 pm

PEMBROKE ALLAN

We did have a chance at going for chris newton and not many fans wanted harris at the time but neil had an imput in harris and so it continued and players like day cuningham pack flint
we ended up with
instead of perhaps some young foreign players with a eagerness to impress in the english league.
montyblue
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: Neil Harris: Frustrating lack of Cardiff City creativity

Postby skidemin » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:28 pm

montyblue wrote:PEMBROKE ALLAN

We did have a chance at going for chris newton and not many fans wanted harris at the time but neil had an imput in harris and so it continued and players like day cuningham pack flint
we ended up with
instead of perhaps some young foreign players with a eagerness to impress in the english league.



im afraid its Cunningham , Pack and Flint { who are all decent championship players } you get for our sort of money no matter how u want to twist it... or you can combine the fees double it and get a young Neves and Jota instead..if your lucky that is.. you could be unlucky and get Borja Baston and Roque Mesa...
skidemin
 
Posts: 2318
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Neil Harris: Frustrating lack of Cardiff City creativity

Postby skidemin » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:24 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Clubs like Wolves, Leicester, Sheff U, Brighton etc have Owners with ambition. None of those would have appointed Warnock or Harris, so the gulf is massive in intent as well as finance.



im not sure many managers could come in and turn a club like NW has on numerous occasions.. and we were looking relegation in the face.... but if your going to go forward from there.. appoint a young manager and change things you do have to then also give him a half decent budget to change it.... and we havent.. the three that went up last season..Leeds have admitted it was an all or nothing season as failure would have meant sales due to being so close to breaking FFP rules and im sure WBA and Fulham are not far behind in that respect..
skidemin
 
Posts: 2318
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Neil Harris: Frustrating lack of Cardiff City creativity

Postby bluesince62 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:42 am

skidemin wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:Clubs like Wolves, Leicester, Sheff U, Brighton etc have Owners with ambition. None of those would have appointed Warnock or Harris, so the gulf is massive in intent as well as finance.



im not sure many managers could come in and turn a club like NW has on numerous occasions.. and we were looking relegation in the face.... but if your going to go forward from there.. appoint a young manager and change things you do have to then also give him a half decent budget to change it.... and we havent.. the three that went up last season..Leeds have admitted it was an all or nothing season as failure would have meant sales due to being so close to breaking FFP rules and im sure WBA and Fulham are not far behind in that respect..



You mention WBA and Fulham, I wonder what their fans are thinking? Both lost comfortably at home 1st game too :lol: tbf I accepted funds would be at a minimum, before covid,but we definitely need new blood,perhaps 4 more "starters"? Tolgay arslan is without a club after leaving fenerbahce, would be a great addition to midfield,a creative midfielder with an eye for the strikers runs,and great passing ability,then a winger to replace laing and a experienced right back starter too. :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62
 
Posts: 3463
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: Neil Harris: Frustrating lack of Cardiff City creativity

Postby skidemin » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:50 am

bluesince62 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:Clubs like Wolves, Leicester, Sheff U, Brighton etc have Owners with ambition. None of those would have appointed Warnock or Harris, so the gulf is massive in intent as well as finance.



im not sure many managers could come in and turn a club like NW has on numerous occasions.. and we were looking relegation in the face.... but if your going to go forward from there.. appoint a young manager and change things you do have to then also give him a half decent budget to change it.... and we havent.. the three that went up last season..Leeds have admitted it was an all or nothing season as failure would have meant sales due to being so close to breaking FFP rules and im sure WBA and Fulham are not far behind in that respect..



You mention WBA and Fulham, I wonder what their fans are thinking? Both lost comfortably at home 1st game too :lol: tbf I accepted funds would be at a minimum, before covid,but we definitely need new blood,perhaps 4 more "starters"? Tolgay arslan is without a club after leaving fenerbahce, would be a great addition to midfield,a creative midfielder with an eye for the strikers runs,and great passing ability,then a winger to replace laing and a experienced right back starter too. :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:



all 3 promoted clubs will do well to stay there despite spending.. .. and if you spend nothing you do a Norwich.. this year would actually be a good year to go for it...but if funds are not there..cant really complain..
skidemin
 
Posts: 2318
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Neil Harris: Frustrating lack of Cardiff City creativity

Postby bluesince62 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:57 am

skidemin wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:Clubs like Wolves, Leicester, Sheff U, Brighton etc have Owners with ambition. None of those would have appointed Warnock or Harris, so the gulf is massive in intent as well as finance.



im not sure many managers could come in and turn a club like NW has on numerous occasions.. and we were looking relegation in the face.... but if your going to go forward from there.. appoint a young manager and change things you do have to then also give him a half decent budget to change it.... and we havent.. the three that went up last season..Leeds have admitted it was an all or nothing season as failure would have meant sales due to being so close to breaking FFP rules and im sure WBA and Fulham are not far behind in that respect..



You mention WBA and Fulham, I wonder what their fans are thinking? Both lost comfortably at home 1st game too :lol: tbf I accepted funds would be at a minimum, before covid,but we definitely need new blood,perhaps 4 more "starters"? Tolgay arslan is without a club after leaving fenerbahce, would be a great addition to midfield,a creative midfielder with an eye for the strikers runs,and great passing ability,then a winger to replace laing and a experienced right back starter too. :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:



all 3 promoted clubs will do well to stay there despite spending.. .. and if you spend nothing you do a Norwich.. this year would actually be a good year to go for it...but if funds are not there..cant really complain..



It's a tough ask to compete with those relegated sides this year to,Brentford have a bit of cash I guess with player sales? And others basically retaining their players,and as you say,cash isn't there this year,even though in post I read suggests tan spend some of the 35m from parachute payment,which must gave had a hole in it from running costs,and through covid too.we need a few faces in tho,squad is too light in three areas. :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62
 
Posts: 3463
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: Neil Harris: Frustrating lack of Cardiff City creativity

Postby llan bluebird » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:21 am

This isn't just about money its about mindset.

Joe Ralls would cost another team a fair few million (IMO), he would be an asset if you consider yourselves too weak in the middle and you need a little bite but with enough technical ability to play top end championship / bottom premier league.

Malky converted a super technical but slow winger into a central midfield maestro and surrounded him with muscle and legs. Only a few nuggets on here moaned about him not getting stuck in because the majority saw his vision, quality and passing range.

Fast forward to Trollope,he had an ageing Whitts, but he tried to play the Wales possession game without the outlets of pace or the obscene ability of Bale and Rambo. It failed and failed badly.

Warnock offered no apology for his way, we were desperate and in truth prefer it. He bought poorly and wasn't hanging around to let it draw to its natural conclusion.

Harris can get a passer, they are around, they just won't have the legs, strength or consistency most want, or he changes from his boringly predictable possession based game with the opposition waiting for Bennett, Morrison, Nelson, Tutu, Bacuna, Vaulks (he was shocking) to make a sloppy pass or mis-control it. The risks are simply no worth the rewards with out squad and that ain't changing soon.

Its nothing to do with the players, they are what they are. You are asking them to do things they are not great at. The manager or head coach is there to devise a game plan. It's failed.

Sometimes the Warnock teams could have played football but never because of instructions, now the Harris team is over playing football because of instructions, surely there is a happy medium, mix it up a bit.
User avatar
llan bluebird
 
Posts: 7501
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:13 pm

Re: Neil Harris: Frustrating lack of Cardiff City creativity

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:22 pm

llan bluebird wrote:This isn't just about money its about mindset.

Joe Ralls would cost another team a fair few million (IMO), he would be an asset if you consider yourselves too weak in the middle and you need a little bite but with enough technical ability to play top end championship / bottom premier league.

Malky converted a super technical but slow winger into a central midfield maestro and surrounded him with muscle and legs. Only a few nuggets on here moaned about him not getting stuck in because the majority saw his vision, quality and passing range.

Fast forward to Trollope,he had an ageing Whitts, but he tried to play the Wales possession game without the outlets of pace or the obscene ability of Bale and Rambo. It failed and failed badly.

Warnock offered no apology for his way, we were desperate and in truth prefer it. He bought poorly and wasn't hanging around to let it draw to its natural conclusion.

Harris can get a passer, they are around, they just won't have the legs, strength or consistency most want, or he changes from his boringly predictable possession based game with the opposition waiting for Bennett, Morrison, Nelson, Tutu, Bacuna, Vaulks (he was shocking) to make a sloppy pass or mis-control it. The risks are simply no worth the rewards with out squad and that ain't changing soon.

Its nothing to do with the players, they are what they are. You are asking them to do things they are not great at. The manager or head coach is there to devise a game plan. It's failed.

Sometimes the Warnock teams could have played football but never because of instructions, now the Harris team is over playing football because of instructions, surely there is a happy medium, mix it up a bit.




As with all football teams you play to the strength of team whether its type players you have or the type striker you have? City for long time have failed to play to our strikers strengths Saturday typical of that! We have players to get ball forward quickly but fail to do so and if do end product very poor... not a lot wrong with team, but Harris needs to play to its strengths and keep to it not mess about as he's done recently.
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 22373
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Neil Harris: Frustrating lack of Cardiff City creativity

Postby skidemin » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:32 pm

llan bluebird wrote:This isn't just about money its about mindset.

Joe Ralls would cost another team a fair few million (IMO), he would be an asset if you consider yourselves too weak in the middle and you need a little bite but with enough technical ability to play top end championship / bottom premier league.

Malky converted a super technical but slow winger into a central midfield maestro and surrounded him with muscle and legs. Only a few nuggets on here moaned about him not getting stuck in because the majority saw his vision, quality and passing range.

Fast forward to Trollope,he had an ageing Whitts, but he tried to play the Wales possession game without the outlets of pace or the obscene ability of Bale and Rambo. It failed and failed badly.

Warnock offered no apology for his way, we were desperate and in truth prefer it. He bought poorly and wasn't hanging around to let it draw to its natural conclusion.

Harris can get a passer, they are around, they just won't have the legs, strength or consistency most want, or he changes from his boringly predictable possession based game with the opposition waiting for Bennett, Morrison, Nelson, Tutu, Bacuna, Vaulks (he was shocking) to make a sloppy pass or mis-control it. The risks are simply no worth the rewards with out squad and that ain't changing soon.

Its nothing to do with the players, they are what they are. You are asking them to do things they are not great at. The manager or head coach is there to devise a game plan. It's failed.

Sometimes the Warnock teams could have played football but never because of instructions, now the Harris team is over playing football because of instructions, surely there is a happy medium, mix it up a bit.



bought poorly and wasted both get mentioned quite a lot.... honestly ? we bought 2 steady mid table championship players, a 30 year old journeyman lower leagues CB , newports 30 yr old keeper, someone relegated with rotherham having had 1 championship season and a 2nd division german.... to replace, arter, camarasa, reid, gunnerson , ken , manga and sol..from the previous season... was a massive downgrade... we did not sign who we did because they were preferred to 15 million players or top end loanees with large loan fees and buy out clauses like Leeds they were bought because thats what the budget stretched to... no the new guys are not as good .. they were never going to be. having just been relegated i was disappointed before a ball had been kicked..
skidemin
 
Posts: 2318
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Neil Harris: Frustrating lack of Cardiff City creativity

Postby Escott1927 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:39 pm

llan bluebird wrote:This isn't just about money its about mindset.

Joe Ralls would cost another team a fair few million (IMO), he would be an asset if you consider yourselves too weak in the middle and you need a little bite but with enough technical ability to play top end championship / bottom premier league.

Malky converted a super technical but slow winger into a central midfield maestro and surrounded him with muscle and legs. Only a few nuggets on here moaned about him not getting stuck in because the majority saw his vision, quality and passing range.

Fast forward to Trollope,he had an ageing Whitts, but he tried to play the Wales possession game without the outlets of pace or the obscene ability of Bale and Rambo. It failed and failed badly.

Warnock offered no apology for his way, we were desperate and in truth prefer it. He bought poorly and wasn't hanging around to let it draw to its natural conclusion.

Harris can get a passer, they are around, they just won't have the legs, strength or consistency most want, or he changes from his boringly predictable possession based game with the opposition waiting for Bennett, Morrison, Nelson, Tutu, Bacuna, Vaulks (he was shocking) to make a sloppy pass or mis-control it. The risks are simply no worth the rewards with out squad and that ain't changing soon.

Its nothing to do with the players, they are what they are. You are asking them to do things they are not great at. The manager or head coach is there to devise a game plan. It's failed.

Sometimes the Warnock teams could have played football but never because of instructions, now the Harris team is over playing football because of instructions, surely there is a happy medium, mix it up a bit.


Definitely a case of finding a balance between being direct and keeping the ball. It took a while for Harris to achieve that last season so hopefully he can sort it again asap.
Escott1927
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am

Re: Neil Harris: Frustrating lack of Cardiff City creativity

Postby skidemin » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:52 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:This isn't just about money its about mindset.

Joe Ralls would cost another team a fair few million (IMO), he would be an asset if you consider yourselves too weak in the middle and you need a little bite but with enough technical ability to play top end championship / bottom premier league.

Malky converted a super technical but slow winger into a central midfield maestro and surrounded him with muscle and legs. Only a few nuggets on here moaned about him not getting stuck in because the majority saw his vision, quality and passing range.

Fast forward to Trollope,he had an ageing Whitts, but he tried to play the Wales possession game without the outlets of pace or the obscene ability of Bale and Rambo. It failed and failed badly.

Warnock offered no apology for his way, we were desperate and in truth prefer it. He bought poorly and wasn't hanging around to let it draw to its natural conclusion.

Harris can get a passer, they are around, they just won't have the legs, strength or consistency most want, or he changes from his boringly predictable possession based game with the opposition waiting for Bennett, Morrison, Nelson, Tutu, Bacuna, Vaulks (he was shocking) to make a sloppy pass or mis-control it. The risks are simply no worth the rewards with out squad and that ain't changing soon.

Its nothing to do with the players, they are what they are. You are asking them to do things they are not great at. The manager or head coach is there to devise a game plan. It's failed.

Sometimes the Warnock teams could have played football but never because of instructions, now the Harris team is over playing football because of instructions, surely there is a happy medium, mix it up a bit.


Definitely a case of finding a balance between being direct and keeping the ball. It took a while for Harris to achieve that last season so hopefully he can sort it again asap.



we need a bit more quality somewhere..
but the bottom line is..if we can not get any his job becomes making do with, and playing a system that suits
Last edited by skidemin on Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skidemin
 
Posts: 2318
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Neil Harris: Frustrating lack of Cardiff City creativity

Postby bluebird04 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:55 pm

the annoying thing is, if you havent got the creativity to break teams down surely your job should be go out buy someone who can add creativity, and work on the training field on breaking teams down. as an ex striker, he should be working hard on breaking teams down to give strikers service
bluebird04
 
Posts: 1838
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:03 pm

Re: Neil Harris: Frustrating lack of Cardiff City creativity

Postby Escott1927 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:57 pm

skidemin wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:This isn't just about money its about mindset.

Joe Ralls would cost another team a fair few million (IMO), he would be an asset if you consider yourselves too weak in the middle and you need a little bite but with enough technical ability to play top end championship / bottom premier league.

Malky converted a super technical but slow winger into a central midfield maestro and surrounded him with muscle and legs. Only a few nuggets on here moaned about him not getting stuck in because the majority saw his vision, quality and passing range.

Fast forward to Trollope,he had an ageing Whitts, but he tried to play the Wales possession game without the outlets of pace or the obscene ability of Bale and Rambo. It failed and failed badly.

Warnock offered no apology for his way, we were desperate and in truth prefer it. He bought poorly and wasn't hanging around to let it draw to its natural conclusion.

Harris can get a passer, they are around, they just won't have the legs, strength or consistency most want, or he changes from his boringly predictable possession based game with the opposition waiting for Bennett, Morrison, Nelson, Tutu, Bacuna, Vaulks (he was shocking) to make a sloppy pass or mis-control it. The risks are simply no worth the rewards with out squad and that ain't changing soon.

Its nothing to do with the players, they are what they are. You are asking them to do things they are not great at. The manager or head coach is there to devise a game plan. It's failed.

Sometimes the Warnock teams could have played football but never because of instructions, now the Harris team is over playing football because of instructions, surely there is a happy medium, mix it up a bit.


Definitely a case of finding a balance between being direct and keeping the ball. It took a while for Harris to achieve that last season so hopefully he can sort it again asap.



we need a bit more quality somewhere..


Definitely 100%. The lack of quality was there at the beginning of last season and still hasnt been sorted. I was referring to finding a balance with the players he has available now though. We havn't got the quality to break down teams that stick 7 players at the back so need to find ways to overcome that. Sticking a decent cross onto Moores head would be a good place to start.
Escott1927
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], newblue57, skidemin and 190 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.