Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:38 pm

Be interesting
Attachments
91063E67-8748-42DF-AB41-72021C7C75D1.png
91063E67-8748-42DF-AB41-72021C7C75D1.png (3.51 MiB) Viewed 2671 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 125169
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:30 pm

Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby Jasonccfc » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:09 pm

He's a BLM supporting cocksucker
User avatar
Jasonccfc
 
Posts: 9238
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:27 pm

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:14 pm

Thought was disgusting his message! Stoking up racial tension meddling in things he knows fck all about.....
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 22373
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby skidemin » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:26 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Thought was disgusting his message! Stoking up racial tension meddling in things he knows fck all about.....



he probably does know ..its just he chooses to see it as racist... im sure there are thousands of similar drugs raids carried out on white people in the UK every year.. minus the drug dealer opening fire on the cops. where the idea police are there for target practice comes from is beyond me..
skidemin
 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby Igovernor » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:42 pm

By Richard A. Oppel Jr. and Derrick Bryson Taylor

Sept. 5, 2020

While the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis in late May unleashed a wave of protests across the country, fury over the March 13 killing of Breonna Taylor, an African-American medical worker in Louisville, Ky., by the police also drove tense demonstrations in that city and beyond.

Since the national demonstrations over police brutality and systemic racism began in late May, Louisville officials have banned the use of no-knock warrants, which allow the police to forcibly enter people’s homes to search them without warning, and, in late June, fired one of the officers involved in the shooting.

Over the last several months, Ms. Taylor’s family has pleaded for justice, pushing for criminal charges against the officers. Her case has drawn national attention from celebrities and athletes, who have participated in social media hashtag campaigns and dedicated their seasons to keeping a spotlight on her case even as other instances of police brutality spark protests.

Still, critics say progress in the case has been slow, especially when compared with the Floyd case, where officers were swiftly fired and charged.

Daniel Cameron, the Kentucky attorney general, said on Aug. 30 that he had received a ballistics report, calling it a “critical piece” of the investigation but declining to share its findings.

The Federal Bureau of Investigations and Kentucky state authorities are both investigating the shooting. Still, the ballistics report, though an important step forward, does not signal that the investigation is close to being over, Mr. Cameron said.

“At this point it’s bigger than Breonna, it’s bigger than just Black Lives,” Ms. Taylor’s mother, Tamika Palmer, said this summer in beseeching the authorities for criminal charges. “We’ve got to figure out how to fix the city, how to heal from here.”
Breonna Taylor’s Life Was Changing. Then the Police Came to Her Door.
Aug. 30, 2020
What happened in Louisville?

Shortly after midnight on March 13, Louisville police officers executing a search warrant used a battering ram to enter the apartment of Ms. Taylor, a 26-year-old emergency room technician.

The police had been investigating two men who they believed were selling drugs out of a house that was far from Ms. Taylor’s home. But a judge had also signed a warrant allowing the police to search Ms. Taylor’s residence because the police said they believed that one of the men had used her apartment to receive packages. Ms. Taylor had been dating that man on and off for several years but had recently severed ties with him, according to her family’s lawyer.

Ms. Taylor and her boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, had been in bed, but got up when they heard a loud banging at the door. Mr. Walker said he and Ms. Taylor both called out, asking who was at the door. Mr. Walker later told the police he feared it was Ms. Taylor’s ex-boyfriend trying to break in.

After the police broke the door off its hinges, Mr. Walker fired his gun once, striking Sgt. Jonathan Mattingly in a thigh. The police responded by firing several shots, striking Ms. Taylor five times. One of the three officers on the scene, Detective Brett Hankison, who has since been fired, shot 10 rounds blindly into the apartment.

Mr. Walker told investigators that Ms. Taylor coughed and struggled to breathe for at least five minutes after she was shot, according to The Louisville Courier Journal. An ambulance on standby outside the apartment had been told to leave about an hour before the raid, counter to standard practice. As officers called an ambulance back to the scene and struggled to render aid to their colleague, Ms. Taylor was not given any medical attention.

It wasn’t until 12:47 a.m., around five minutes after the shooting, that emergency personnel realized that she was seriously wounded, after her boyfriend called 911.

“I don’t know what’s happening. Someone kicked in the door and shot my girlfriend,” Mr. Walker said on a recorded call to 911.

Ms. Taylor received no medical attention for more than 20 minutes after she was struck, The Courier Journal reported, citing dispatch logs.
Editors’ Picks
Why Are We in the West So Weird? A Theory
What We Learned From Week 1 of the N.F.L. Season
The Secret History of America’s Only WWII Refugee Camp
Continue reading the main story

The Jefferson County coroner told The Courier Journal that Ms. Taylor most likely died less than a minute after she was shot and could not have been saved.

While the department had gotten court approval for a “no-knock” entry, the orders were changed before the raid to “knock and announce,” meaning that the police had to identify themselves.

The officers have said they did announce themselves, but Mr. Walker said he did not hear anything.

No drugs were found in the apartment, a lawyer for Mr. Walker said.

Jamarcus Glover, Ms. Taylor’s ex-boyfriend whose alleged packages led the police to her door that night, was arrested on Aug. 27 in possession of drugs, according to a charging document. He told The Courier Journal that Ms. Taylor had no involvement in the drug trade. “The police are trying to make it out to be my fault and turning the whole community out here, making it look like I brought this to Breonna’s door,” he said.

Ms. Taylor’s mother, Tamika Palmer, said her daughter had had big dreams and planned a lifelong career in health care after serving as an E.M.T.

“She was a better version of me,” said Ms. Palmer, a dialysis technician. “Full of life. Easy to love.”

“Breonna was a woman who was figuring everything out in her life, who had turned a corner,” said Sam Aguiar, a lawyer representing Ms. Taylor’s family. “Breonna was starting to live her best life.”
Why did the police fire their weapons?
Image
Breonna Taylor, 26, was killed on March 13 by officers executing a so-called no-knock warrant.
Breonna Taylor, 26, was killed on March 13 by officers executing a so-called no-knock warrant.Credit...Family of Breonna Taylor, via Agence France-Presse — Getty Images

The Louisville police say that they fired inside Ms. Taylor’s home only after they were first fired upon by Mr. Walker, Ms. Taylor’s boyfriend. They said that Mr. Walker wounded one of the officers, who was hit in the leg but was expected to make a full recovery. Mr. Walker was subsequently charged with attempted murder of a police officer, though the charge was dismissed in May.

The police also assert that they knocked several times and identified themselves as police officers with a warrant before entering the apartment. Mr. Walker has said he and Ms. Taylor heard aggressive banging at the door and asked who it was, but they did not hear an announcement that it was the police.

The police said that the officers “forced entry into the exterior door and were immediately met with gunfire.” The officers returned fire, the police said.

One of the officers, Mr. Hankison, was fired. The other officers involved in the case — Mr. Mattingly and Myles Cosgrove — have been placed on administrative reassignment. None of the officers face criminal charges.

The Kentucky attorney general, Mr. Cameron, is now leading the investigation. The F.B.I. is also investigating.

Mr. Hankison appealed his firing, but a hearing for the case has been delayed pending the completion of a criminal investigation.
Is the police account disputed?

Yes, hotly. Ms. Taylor’s relatives and their lawyers say that the police never identified themselves before entering — despite their claims. They also say that Mr. Walker was licensed to carry a gun.

And Mr. Walker, 27, has said that he feared for his life and fired in self-defense, believing that someone was trying to break into the home.

“He didn’t know these were police officers, and they found no drugs in the apartment — none,” said Rob Eggert, Mr. Walker’s lawyer. “He was scared for his life, and her life.”

In a 911 call just after the shots were fired, Mr. Walker told a dispatcher that “somebody kicked in the door and shot my girlfriend.”

The police’s incident report contained multiple errors. It listed Ms. Taylor’s injuries as “none,” even though she had been shot several times, and indicated that officers had not forced their way into the apartment — though they used a battering ram to break the door open.

Ms. Taylor’s family also said it was outrageous that the police felt it necessary to conduct the raid in the middle of the night. Their lawyers say the police had already located the main suspect in the investigation by the time they burst into the apartment. But they “then proceeded to spray gunfire into the residence with a total disregard for the value of human life,” according to a wrongful-death lawsuit filed by Ms. Taylor’s mother.

There was no body camera footage from the raid. And, for now, prosecutors have said they had dismissed the charges against Mr. Walker, adding that they would let investigations into the killing run their course before making any final decisions. Some legal experts said the fact that prosecutors dropped charges after a grand jury indictment suggested that they may have doubts about the version of events told by the police.
Why did this take so long to receive national attention?

Lawyers for Ms. Taylor’s family have suggested that the intense focus on the coronavirus pandemic most likely dampened the initial response from people in the community and in the news media.
Has there been other fallout?

Some — even aside from the continuing protests.

On June 23, the Louisville Metro Police Department released a letter of termination that it sent to Mr. Hankison, the former officer who “blindly fired” 10 rounds into a covered patio door and a window, according to the termination letter.

Chief Robert Schroeder accused Mr. Hankison of violating the Police Department’s policy on use of deadly force, saying his actions were “a shock to the conscience” that discredited the Police Department.

Also, city officials banned the use of no-knock warrants on June 11.

Mayor Fischer has announced other changes to ensure “more scrutiny, transparency and accountability,” including the naming of a new police chief; a new requirement that body cameras always be worn during the execution of search warrants; and the establishment of a civilian review board for police disciplinary matters.
How has social media reacted?

On June 5, what would have been Ms. Taylor’s 27th birthday, many people used the hashtag #SayHerName to remember her and raise awareness about her case.

“Her life was tragically taken by police and we will not stop marching for justice until it’s served for her and her family. #SayHerName,” Senator Cory Booker, Democrat of New Jersey, tweeted on June 5.

Senator Kamala Harris, Democrat of California, said on Twitter that Ms. Taylor’s life was “horrifically” taken by officers who had not been charged 84 days after her killing. “Keep up the calls for justice. #SayHerName,” Ms. Harris wrote.

The “Say Her Name” movement also brings awareness to other Black women whose similar stories may not have garnered as much national attention, including Tanisha Anderson and Atatiana Jefferson.

“‘Say Her Name’ attempts to make the death of Black women an active part of this conversation by saying their names,” Kimberlé Crenshaw, an activist and creator of the hashtag, told ABC. “If Black lives really do matter, all Black lives have to matter. That means Black lives across gender have to be lifted up.”

On July 30, for the first time in 20 years, Oprah Winfrey did not appear on the cover of O: The Oprah Magazine, which instead featured Ms. Taylor with a digital portrait drawn by the young artist Alexis Franklin.

In an essay about her decision to shine a spotlight on Ms. Taylor’s case, Ms. Winfrey said she thought about her often.

“What I know for sure: We can’t be silent,” she said. “We have to use whatever megaphone we have to cry for justice.”

W.N.B.A players have also used their platform to bring attention to Ms. Taylor’s case. This season is dedicated to her, and players have been wearing jerseys bearing her name.

“Having Breonna Taylor on the back of my jersey means so much more,” said Kristine Anigwe, a Los Angeles Sparks player, in an interview with The New York Times. “I can’t take anything for granted. I have to go there and play like it’s my last game because she did not know that would be the last day she would live. She thought she was safe in her own home.”

No knock warrants, police can just break down the door without knocking first, they have now done away with them. Too late for Breonna Taylor a paramedic with no criminal convictions!
User avatar
Igovernor
Moderator
 
Posts: 4980
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby skidemin » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:57 pm

Igovernor wrote:By Richard A. Oppel Jr. and Derrick Bryson Taylor

Sept. 5, 2020

While the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis in late May unleashed a wave of protests across the country, fury over the March 13 killing of Breonna Taylor, an African-American medical worker in Louisville, Ky., by the police also drove tense demonstrations in that city and beyond.

Since the national demonstrations over police brutality and systemic racism began in late May, Louisville officials have banned the use of no-knock warrants, which allow the police to forcibly enter people’s homes to search them without warning, and, in late June, fired one of the officers involved in the shooting.

Over the last several months, Ms. Taylor’s family has pleaded for justice, pushing for criminal charges against the officers. Her case has drawn national attention from celebrities and athletes, who have participated in social media hashtag campaigns and dedicated their seasons to keeping a spotlight on her case even as other instances of police brutality spark protests.

Still, critics say progress in the case has been slow, especially when compared with the Floyd case, where officers were swiftly fired and charged.

Daniel Cameron, the Kentucky attorney general, said on Aug. 30 that he had received a ballistics report, calling it a “critical piece” of the investigation but declining to share its findings.

The Federal Bureau of Investigations and Kentucky state authorities are both investigating the shooting. Still, the ballistics report, though an important step forward, does not signal that the investigation is close to being over, Mr. Cameron said.

“At this point it’s bigger than Breonna, it’s bigger than just Black Lives,” Ms. Taylor’s mother, Tamika Palmer, said this summer in beseeching the authorities for criminal charges. “We’ve got to figure out how to fix the city, how to heal from here.”
Breonna Taylor’s Life Was Changing. Then the Police Came to Her Door.
Aug. 30, 2020
What happened in Louisville?

Shortly after midnight on March 13, Louisville police officers executing a search warrant used a battering ram to enter the apartment of Ms. Taylor, a 26-year-old emergency room technician.

The police had been investigating two men who they believed were selling drugs out of a house that was far from Ms. Taylor’s home. But a judge had also signed a warrant allowing the police to search Ms. Taylor’s residence because the police said they believed that one of the men had used her apartment to receive packages. Ms. Taylor had been dating that man on and off for several years but had recently severed ties with him, according to her family’s lawyer.

Ms. Taylor and her boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, had been in bed, but got up when they heard a loud banging at the door. Mr. Walker said he and Ms. Taylor both called out, asking who was at the door. Mr. Walker later told the police he feared it was Ms. Taylor’s ex-boyfriend trying to break in.

After the police broke the door off its hinges, Mr. Walker fired his gun once, striking Sgt. Jonathan Mattingly in a thigh. The police responded by firing several shots, striking Ms. Taylor five times. One of the three officers on the scene, Detective Brett Hankison, who has since been fired, shot 10 rounds blindly into the apartment.

Mr. Walker told investigators that Ms. Taylor coughed and struggled to breathe for at least five minutes after she was shot, according to The Louisville Courier Journal. An ambulance on standby outside the apartment had been told to leave about an hour before the raid, counter to standard practice. As officers called an ambulance back to the scene and struggled to render aid to their colleague, Ms. Taylor was not given any medical attention.

It wasn’t until 12:47 a.m., around five minutes after the shooting, that emergency personnel realized that she was seriously wounded, after her boyfriend called 911.

“I don’t know what’s happening. Someone kicked in the door and shot my girlfriend,” Mr. Walker said on a recorded call to 911.

Ms. Taylor received no medical attention for more than 20 minutes after she was struck, The Courier Journal reported, citing dispatch logs.
Editors’ Picks
Why Are We in the West So Weird? A Theory
What We Learned From Week 1 of the N.F.L. Season
The Secret History of America’s Only WWII Refugee Camp
Continue reading the main story

The Jefferson County coroner told The Courier Journal that Ms. Taylor most likely died less than a minute after she was shot and could not have been saved.

While the department had gotten court approval for a “no-knock” entry, the orders were changed before the raid to “knock and announce,” meaning that the police had to identify themselves.

The officers have said they did announce themselves, but Mr. Walker said he did not hear anything.

No drugs were found in the apartment, a lawyer for Mr. Walker said.

Jamarcus Glover, Ms. Taylor’s ex-boyfriend whose alleged packages led the police to her door that night, was arrested on Aug. 27 in possession of drugs, according to a charging document. He told The Courier Journal that Ms. Taylor had no involvement in the drug trade. “The police are trying to make it out to be my fault and turning the whole community out here, making it look like I brought this to Breonna’s door,” he said.

Ms. Taylor’s mother, Tamika Palmer, said her daughter had had big dreams and planned a lifelong career in health care after serving as an E.M.T.

“She was a better version of me,” said Ms. Palmer, a dialysis technician. “Full of life. Easy to love.”

“Breonna was a woman who was figuring everything out in her life, who had turned a corner,” said Sam Aguiar, a lawyer representing Ms. Taylor’s family. “Breonna was starting to live her best life.”
Why did the police fire their weapons?
Image
Breonna Taylor, 26, was killed on March 13 by officers executing a so-called no-knock warrant.
Breonna Taylor, 26, was killed on March 13 by officers executing a so-called no-knock warrant.Credit...Family of Breonna Taylor, via Agence France-Presse — Getty Images

The Louisville police say that they fired inside Ms. Taylor’s home only after they were first fired upon by Mr. Walker, Ms. Taylor’s boyfriend. They said that Mr. Walker wounded one of the officers, who was hit in the leg but was expected to make a full recovery. Mr. Walker was subsequently charged with attempted murder of a police officer, though the charge was dismissed in May.

The police also assert that they knocked several times and identified themselves as police officers with a warrant before entering the apartment. Mr. Walker has said he and Ms. Taylor heard aggressive banging at the door and asked who it was, but they did not hear an announcement that it was the police.

The police said that the officers “forced entry into the exterior door and were immediately met with gunfire.” The officers returned fire, the police said.

One of the officers, Mr. Hankison, was fired. The other officers involved in the case — Mr. Mattingly and Myles Cosgrove — have been placed on administrative reassignment. None of the officers face criminal charges.

The Kentucky attorney general, Mr. Cameron, is now leading the investigation. The F.B.I. is also investigating.

Mr. Hankison appealed his firing, but a hearing for the case has been delayed pending the completion of a criminal investigation.
Is the police account disputed?

Yes, hotly. Ms. Taylor’s relatives and their lawyers say that the police never identified themselves before entering — despite their claims. They also say that Mr. Walker was licensed to carry a gun.

And Mr. Walker, 27, has said that he feared for his life and fired in self-defense, believing that someone was trying to break into the home.

“He didn’t know these were police officers, and they found no drugs in the apartment — none,” said Rob Eggert, Mr. Walker’s lawyer. “He was scared for his life, and her life.”

In a 911 call just after the shots were fired, Mr. Walker told a dispatcher that “somebody kicked in the door and shot my girlfriend.”

The police’s incident report contained multiple errors. It listed Ms. Taylor’s injuries as “none,” even though she had been shot several times, and indicated that officers had not forced their way into the apartment — though they used a battering ram to break the door open.

Ms. Taylor’s family also said it was outrageous that the police felt it necessary to conduct the raid in the middle of the night. Their lawyers say the police had already located the main suspect in the investigation by the time they burst into the apartment. But they “then proceeded to spray gunfire into the residence with a total disregard for the value of human life,” according to a wrongful-death lawsuit filed by Ms. Taylor’s mother.

There was no body camera footage from the raid. And, for now, prosecutors have said they had dismissed the charges against Mr. Walker, adding that they would let investigations into the killing run their course before making any final decisions. Some legal experts said the fact that prosecutors dropped charges after a grand jury indictment suggested that they may have doubts about the version of events told by the police.
Why did this take so long to receive national attention?

Lawyers for Ms. Taylor’s family have suggested that the intense focus on the coronavirus pandemic most likely dampened the initial response from people in the community and in the news media.
Has there been other fallout?

Some — even aside from the continuing protests.

On June 23, the Louisville Metro Police Department released a letter of termination that it sent to Mr. Hankison, the former officer who “blindly fired” 10 rounds into a covered patio door and a window, according to the termination letter.

Chief Robert Schroeder accused Mr. Hankison of violating the Police Department’s policy on use of deadly force, saying his actions were “a shock to the conscience” that discredited the Police Department.

Also, city officials banned the use of no-knock warrants on June 11.

Mayor Fischer has announced other changes to ensure “more scrutiny, transparency and accountability,” including the naming of a new police chief; a new requirement that body cameras always be worn during the execution of search warrants; and the establishment of a civilian review board for police disciplinary matters.
How has social media reacted?

On June 5, what would have been Ms. Taylor’s 27th birthday, many people used the hashtag #SayHerName to remember her and raise awareness about her case.

“Her life was tragically taken by police and we will not stop marching for justice until it’s served for her and her family. #SayHerName,” Senator Cory Booker, Democrat of New Jersey, tweeted on June 5.

Senator Kamala Harris, Democrat of California, said on Twitter that Ms. Taylor’s life was “horrifically” taken by officers who had not been charged 84 days after her killing. “Keep up the calls for justice. #SayHerName,” Ms. Harris wrote.

The “Say Her Name” movement also brings awareness to other Black women whose similar stories may not have garnered as much national attention, including Tanisha Anderson and Atatiana Jefferson.

“‘Say Her Name’ attempts to make the death of Black women an active part of this conversation by saying their names,” Kimberlé Crenshaw, an activist and creator of the hashtag, told ABC. “If Black lives really do matter, all Black lives have to matter. That means Black lives across gender have to be lifted up.”

On July 30, for the first time in 20 years, Oprah Winfrey did not appear on the cover of O: The Oprah Magazine, which instead featured Ms. Taylor with a digital portrait drawn by the young artist Alexis Franklin.

In an essay about her decision to shine a spotlight on Ms. Taylor’s case, Ms. Winfrey said she thought about her often.

“What I know for sure: We can’t be silent,” she said. “We have to use whatever megaphone we have to cry for justice.”

W.N.B.A players have also used their platform to bring attention to Ms. Taylor’s case. This season is dedicated to her, and players have been wearing jerseys bearing her name.

“Having Breonna Taylor on the back of my jersey means so much more,” said Kristine Anigwe, a Los Angeles Sparks player, in an interview with The New York Times. “I can’t take anything for granted. I have to go there and play like it’s my last game because she did not know that would be the last day she would live. She thought she was safe in her own home.”

No knock warrants, police can just break down the door without knocking first, they have now done away with them. Too late for Breonna Taylor a paramedic with no criminal convictions!



they need..but do not want..gun laws..
skidemin
 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:21 pm

skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Thought was disgusting his message! Stoking up racial tension meddling in things he knows fck all about.....



he probably does know ..its just he chooses to see it as racist... im sure there are thousands of similar drugs raids carried out on white people in the UK every year.. minus the drug dealer opening fire on the cops. where the idea police are there for target practice comes from is beyond me..



He knows what everyone else knows by reading internet and news stories.... garauntee he will call FIA ignorant blah blah blah if they reprimand him just like he had go at sir Jackie Stewart who didn't pander to his (look at me rant) previously
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 22373
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby Big Hill Blue » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:26 pm

So Breanna dumped Jamarcus the dealer for a gun toting bloke who shot a copper entering her place?
Big Hill Blue
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:27 pm

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby skidemin » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:12 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:So Breanna dumped Jamarcus the dealer for a gun toting bloke who shot a copper entering her place?



if your a cop on a drugs bust thinking there is every chance someone in there is armed.. how much encouragement do you need to be shooting ? seeing a fella pointing a gun ? one shot ? , a few fellow officers dead ? honestly cant get my head around the notion that police should be targets.. im shooting the minute im seeing this bloke pointing a gun...
skidemin
 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:23 am

While the death of Breonna Taylor is tragic again I fail to see how the leap to it being an example of systemic racism within the US police force that BLM and the likes of Hamilton present it as.

Before George Floyd, there was the tragedy of Tony Timpah who died in a near identical manner.

Before Breonna Taylor, there was Justine Damond who dies in a very similar manner.

Where was Hamilton when these other tragedies happened. Will he say their name? Probably not, they were both white.

Tragedies happen.

Using them to create a racial divide and stoke the fires of a race war is evil.

Hamilton cannot claim ignorance he is a grown man and smart enough to know better. He is complicit in the promotion of a truly destructive movement.
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
User avatar
ealing_ayatollah
 
Posts: 1364
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby Igovernor » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:35 am

Big Hill Blue wrote:So Breanna dumped Jamarcus the dealer for a gun toting bloke who shot a copper entering her place?


You obviously neglected to read the whole story, what would you do if you had a licensed gun and people carrying guns broke into your home, and using a no knock warrant did not identify themselves. The FBI and the Kentucky attorney general are investigating as obviously they do not believe the police version of events!
User avatar
Igovernor
Moderator
 
Posts: 4980
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby Igovernor » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:37 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:While the death of Breonna Taylor is tragic again I fail to see how the leap to it being an example of systemic racism within the US police force that BLM and the likes of Hamilton present it as.

Before George Floyd, there was the tragedy of Tony Timpah who died in a near identical manner.

Before Breonna Taylor, there was Justine Damond who dies in a very similar manner.

Where was Hamilton when these other tragedies happened. Will he say their name? Probably not, they were both white.

Tragedies happen.

Using them to create a racial divide and stoke the fires of a race war is evil.

Hamilton cannot claim ignorance he is a grown man and smart enough to know better. He is complicit in the promotion of a truly destructive movement.


No one is saying it is racist :thumbup:
User avatar
Igovernor
Moderator
 
Posts: 4980
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby rumpo kid » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:12 am

True.. its just colour selective.
rumpo kid
 
Posts: 2446
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:24 pm

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby Blue crow » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:34 am

Easy to stop these crooks being shot. Just teach them when a police officer with a gun tells you to stand still just do it.
Blue crow
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:59 am

Mmmm no investigation yet FIA are sighned up to same agreement as Olympic association regarding making political statements? Surely t shirt worn is a political one? Well it certainly wont be allowed in Olympics thats for sure ..
Total "whitewash " by FIA
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 22373
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby Bluebird1990 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:14 pm

Judging by downright idiotic comments on here people havent even took the time to read up on the situation and instead decided to make up their own stories to suit their police bootlicking narrative
Bluebird1990
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:13 pm

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:33 pm

Igovernor wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:While the death of Breonna Taylor is tragic again I fail to see how the leap to it being an example of systemic racism within the US police force that BLM and the likes of Hamilton present it as.

Before George Floyd, there was the tragedy of Tony Timpah who died in a near identical manner.

Before Breonna Taylor, there was Justine Damond who dies in a very similar manner.

Where was Hamilton when these other tragedies happened. Will he say their name? Probably not, they were both white.

Tragedies happen.

Using them to create a racial divide and stoke the fires of a race war is evil.

Hamilton cannot claim ignorance he is a grown man and smart enough to know better. He is complicit in the promotion of a truly destructive movement.


No one is saying it is racist :thumbup:


With the greatest respect (genuinely) they really are. Just a really quick google search and a few stories from the front page, all link racial injustice and Breonna's death.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/b ... cna1234472

https://eu.courier-journal.com/story/op ... 470886001/

https://whyy.org/articles/breonna-taylo ... -policing/

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/09/ ... 30460.html

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/54152046

My view on it (and merely my opinion) is that Hamilton wearing a t-shirt highlighting the injustice of Breonna's death could be seen as him using his platform to highlight injustice and to push through the abolition of 'no-knock warrants' that has been introduced in Kentucky to be followed through at the nationwide level in the US.

This is something I would get behind and support. I think no-knock warrants are a bad idea for citizens and police alike and applaud the State of Kentucky for making this move.

Also, I fully accept that Hamilton wearing the tee-shirt in and of itself makes no suggestion of her murder being a result of systemic racism in the US Police.

However, in the context of him wearing that tee-shirt, while he is kneeling, making a black power fist salute, surrounded by other drivers and support teams wearing end racism (again a slogan on its own I can 100% get behind and support) the inference is that Breonna's tragic death is the direct result of the systemic racism that BLM and people like Hamilton are desperate to convince us exists.

This is where I have an issue, the statistics simply do not paint the same picture.

Just take amoment to consider if there really was systemic racism at every turn in the US Police force, wouldn't there be more overt examples of police undertaking racially motivated murder? As with George Floyd's death Breonna's death is held up as an example of oppressive racism in the US when the only evidence to it being anything to do with race is pure supposition. She was black, the police officers were white that is the only evidence of there being any racial grounding in this case. That is one hell of a leap to make. Exactlyt the same goes for George Floyd.

It also appears to be a one-way street, I referenced Justine Damond before, who died in very similar circumstances, the officer that took her life was black. There had never been a reference to that being a product of racial injustice and rightly so.

At the very best what Hamilton is doing wearing a Breonna t-shirt, is conflating two separate issues through an ignorance of the subject at hand. At the worst it is manipulating people who won't make the time or don't have the time to read further into the story to believe that there was a racial undertone to Breonna's death which I simply cannot see.

For me he has the right to use his platform in whatever manner he chooses as long as it doesn't break his contractual agreements with FIA and his sponsors. What worries me is the opposition voice, which in large is a voice of reason, is being suppressed both willingly to a degree with self-sensorship that is a result of the cancel culture, and unwillingly in the sense that there is a clear bias amongst the legacy media who will not raise such questions.

Was it an injustice, yes. Was it tragic, yes, is it evidence of systemic racism, no.

As I say, all said with genuine respect and apologies for the long post. Just something that really concerns me at the minute. :thumbup:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
User avatar
ealing_ayatollah
 
Posts: 1364
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby skidemin » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:53 pm

Igovernor wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:While the death of Breonna Taylor is tragic again I fail to see how the leap to it being an example of systemic racism within the US police force that BLM and the likes of Hamilton present it as.

Before George Floyd, there was the tragedy of Tony Timpah who died in a near identical manner.

Before Breonna Taylor, there was Justine Damond who dies in a very similar manner.

Where was Hamilton when these other tragedies happened. Will he say their name? Probably not, they were both white.

Tragedies happen.

Using them to create a racial divide and stoke the fires of a race war is evil.

Hamilton cannot claim ignorance he is a grown man and smart enough to know better. He is complicit in the promotion of a truly destructive movement.


No one is saying it is racist :thumbup:



seriously ?
skidemin
 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby skidemin » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:11 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:So Breanna dumped Jamarcus the dealer for a gun toting bloke who shot a copper entering her place?


You obviously neglected to read the whole story, what would you do if you had a licensed gun and people carrying guns broke into your home, and using a no knock warrant did not identify themselves. The FBI and the Kentucky attorney general are investigating as obviously they do not believe the police version of events!



i doubt you own a gun, but would you really pick up a kitchen knife and stab someone that looked like they might be a police officer... i seriously doubt it..
skidemin
 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby Bluebird1990 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:33 pm

skidemin wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:So Breanna dumped Jamarcus the dealer for a gun toting bloke who shot a copper entering her place?


You obviously neglected to read the whole story, what would you do if you had a licensed gun and people carrying guns broke into your home, and using a no knock warrant did not identify themselves. The FBI and the Kentucky attorney general are investigating as obviously they do not believe the police version of events!



i doubt you own a gun, but would you really pick up a kitchen knife and stab someone that looked like they might be a police officer... i seriously doubt it..

If only things were that simple, if its dark, you just been sleeping and a bunch of guys started kicking in your door (and not even in uniform) then you're not going to sit there calmly and think they may be police, no, you're going to grab whatever the f**k you can and defend yourself and thats the reality of it. Anyone thats arguing otherwise and are trying so hard to defend the police in this seriously needs a reality check.
Bluebird1990
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:13 pm

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby Canton104 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:01 pm

Must have missed when he wore a T-shirt in outrage at the murder of Kriss Donald.

Hamilton is a anger of the highest order.
Canton104
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:51 pm

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby skidemin » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:19 pm

Bluebird1990 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:So Breanna dumped Jamarcus the dealer for a gun toting bloke who shot a copper entering her place?


You obviously neglected to read the whole story, what would you do if you had a licensed gun and people carrying guns broke into your home, and using a no knock warrant did not identify themselves. The FBI and the Kentucky attorney general are investigating as obviously they do not believe the police version of events!



i doubt you own a gun, but would you really pick up a kitchen knife and stab someone that looked like they might be a police officer... i seriously doubt it..

If only things were that simple, if its dark, you just been sleeping and a bunch of guys started kicking in your door (and not even in uniform) then you're not going to sit there calmly and think they may be police, no, you're going to grab whatever the f**k you can and defend yourself and thats the reality of it. Anyone thats arguing otherwise and are trying so hard to defend the police in this seriously needs a reality check.



they dont take much defending... if your a cop on a drugs raid , there is every chance your going into an environment where those inside are armed and dangerous which was the case here.. and cops get killed for doing their job regularly..
much more difficult to imagine your some bad arse in a movie.. fck this fck that ill grab whatever and fight really isnt how the real world works.. its yes sir no sir that tends to work best...
skidemin
 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby skidemin » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:26 pm

skidemin wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:So Breanna dumped Jamarcus the dealer for a gun toting bloke who shot a copper entering her place?


You obviously neglected to read the whole story, what would you do if you had a licensed gun and people carrying guns broke into your home, and using a no knock warrant did not identify themselves. The FBI and the Kentucky attorney general are investigating as obviously they do not believe the police version of events!



i doubt you own a gun, but would you really pick up a kitchen knife and stab someone that looked like they might be a police officer... i seriously doubt it..

If only things were that simple, if its dark, you just been sleeping and a bunch of guys started kicking in your door (and not even in uniform) then you're not going to sit there calmly and think they may be police, no, you're going to grab whatever the f**k you can and defend yourself and thats the reality of it. Anyone thats arguing otherwise and are trying so hard to defend the police in this seriously needs a reality check.



they dont take much defending... if your a cop on a drugs raid , there is every chance your going into an environment where those inside are armed and dangerous which was the case here.. and cops get killed for doing their job regularly..
much more difficult to imagine your some bad arse in a movie.. fck this fck that ill grab whatever and fight really isnt how the real world works.. its yes sir no sir that tends to work best..
skidemin
 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:36 pm

skidemin wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:So Breanna dumped Jamarcus the dealer for a gun toting bloke who shot a copper entering her place?


You obviously neglected to read the whole story, what would you do if you had a licensed gun and people carrying guns broke into your home, and using a no knock warrant did not identify themselves. The FBI and the Kentucky attorney general are investigating as obviously they do not believe the police version of events!



i doubt you own a gun, but would you really pick up a kitchen knife and stab someone that looked like they might be a police officer... i seriously doubt it..

If only things were that simple, if its dark, you just been sleeping and a bunch of guys started kicking in your door (and not even in uniform) then you're not going to sit there calmly and think they may be police, no, you're going to grab whatever the f**k you can and defend yourself and thats the reality of it. Anyone thats arguing otherwise and are trying so hard to defend the police in this seriously needs a reality check.



they dont take much defending... if your a cop on a drugs raid , there is every chance your going into an environment where those inside are armed and dangerous which was the case here.. and cops get killed for doing their job regularly..
much more difficult to imagine your some bad arse in a movie.. fck this fck that ill grab whatever and fight really isnt how the real world works.. its yes sir no sir that tends to work best..



Got to bear in mind in usa a gun under the pillow is not an unusual thing due to their gun laws.... so if going on any house raid there is high probability a gun could be used against police! Problem is the culture of the country not just the police.....
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 22373
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby skidemin » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:09 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:So Breanna dumped Jamarcus the dealer for a gun toting bloke who shot a copper entering her place?


You obviously neglected to read the whole story, what would you do if you had a licensed gun and people carrying guns broke into your home, and using a no knock warrant did not identify themselves. The FBI and the Kentucky attorney general are investigating as obviously they do not believe the police version of events!



i doubt you own a gun, but would you really pick up a kitchen knife and stab someone that looked like they might be a police officer... i seriously doubt it..

If only things were that simple, if its dark, you just been sleeping and a bunch of guys started kicking in your door (and not even in uniform) then you're not going to sit there calmly and think they may be police, no, you're going to grab whatever the f**k you can and defend yourself and thats the reality of it. Anyone thats arguing otherwise and are trying so hard to defend the police in this seriously needs a reality check.



they dont take much defending... if your a cop on a drugs raid , there is every chance your going into an environment where those inside are armed and dangerous which was the case here.. and cops get killed for doing their job regularly..
much more difficult to imagine your some bad arse in a movie.. fck this fck that ill grab whatever and fight really isnt how the real world works.. its yes sir no sir that tends to work best..



Got to bear in mind in usa a gun under the pillow is not an unusual thing due to their gun laws.... so if going on any house raid there is high probability a gun could be used against police! Problem is the culture of the country not just the police.....




agree guns are used Allan.. and police officers who are sent to places to do a job of work sometimes do not go home to their families.. not a job id want or want for any of my family..
skidemin
 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby Big Hill Blue » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:32 pm

12 million dollar lawsuit considered over her killing

Result
Big Hill Blue
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:27 pm

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby New Day Rising » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:49 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Thought was disgusting his message! Stoking up racial tension meddling in things he knows fck all about.....



Yep, very annoying . Thankfully a sport has allowed a black life rise to a huge success without prejudice
New Day Rising
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:29 pm

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:53 pm

skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:So Breanna dumped Jamarcus the dealer for a gun toting bloke who shot a copper entering her place?


You obviously neglected to read the whole story, what would you do if you had a licensed gun and people carrying guns broke into your home, and using a no knock warrant did not identify themselves. The FBI and the Kentucky attorney general are investigating as obviously they do not believe the police version of events!



i doubt you own a gun, but would you really pick up a kitchen knife and stab someone that looked like they might be a police officer... i seriously doubt it..

If only things were that simple, if its dark, you just been sleeping and a bunch of guys started kicking in your door (and not even in uniform) then you're not going to sit there calmly and think they may be police, no, you're going to grab whatever the f**k you can and defend yourself and thats the reality of it. Anyone thats arguing otherwise and are trying so hard to defend the police in this seriously needs a reality check.



they dont take much defending... if your a cop on a drugs raid , there is every chance your going into an environment where those inside are armed and dangerous which was the case here.. and cops get killed for doing their job regularly..
much more difficult to imagine your some bad arse in a movie.. fck this fck that ill grab whatever and fight really isnt how the real world works.. its yes sir no sir that tends to work best..



Got to bear in mind in usa a gun under the pillow is not an unusual thing due to their gun laws.... so if going on any house raid there is high probability a gun could be used against police! Problem is the culture of the country not just the police.....




agree guns are used Allan.. and police officers who are sent to places to do a job of work sometimes do not go home to their families.. not a job id want or want for any of my family..



And it's not only in house guns are stowed in cars glove compartment or door incase of car jacking! So wherever cops go always a risk of being confronted with a gun ..
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 22373
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:56 pm

New Day Rising wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Thought was disgusting his message! Stoking up racial tension meddling in things he knows fck all about.....



Yep, very annoying . Thankfully a sport has allowed a black life rise to a huge success without prejudice




Sure he'd tell you differently? He'll say had to fight racist cars who didn't want him driving them! :o
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 22373
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Investigation in to Lewis Hamilton

Postby Igovernor » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:02 pm

skidemin wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:So Breanna dumped Jamarcus the dealer for a gun toting bloke who shot a copper entering her place?



if your a cop on a drugs bust thinking there is every chance someone in there is armed.. how much encouragement do you need to be shooting ? seeing a fella pointing a gun ? one shot ? , a few fellow officers dead ? honestly cant get my head around the notion that police should be targets.. im shooting the minute im seeing this bloke pointing a gun...


The cops were not in uniform there were no drugs found there because the guy that they were after did not live at that address, in fact he did not live in the complex, they had the wrong address, the guy was phoning 911 as they were breaking down the door, phone call was recorded. I can see you sitting there when someone breaks down your door and you think it is an armed gang and you have a gun. The police cocked up and when the FBI and the attorney general finishes their investigation, I think that all those involved not including the boyfriend will be charged :thumbup:
User avatar
Igovernor
Moderator
 
Posts: 4980
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:17 am

Next


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bebbsyboy, bluebirdoct1962, Brunel, CCFC_Ok, Chris Holmes, Floppsy, Google [Bot], Igovernor, jimmy_rat, Llantwit bluebird, LORD LUCAN’S LOAFERS, Majestic-12 [Bot], MOZZER1, SA18 Bluebird, skidemin, stickywicket, WestCoastBlue and 313 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.