Where is Captain Hindsight???

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby glas » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:37 pm

Where has Captain Hindsight disappeared to? He was supposed to rescue the Labour party and save the country from the Tories.
This man they claimed had the clinical mind of a lawyer and would pick apart every detail of wrongdoing that Boris did.
But it seems he has disappeared and does not want to face up to his responsibilities, or face Boris.

He can ask all the questions, but has no answers when he is questioned, about what he would do/would have done/should do. He will not provide any answers. He can accuse people of wrongdoing but cannot rectify the problem, or even answer any questions of a remedy he has.

It seems Kier Starmer is ok protecting paedophiles, like Jimmy Saville, or throwing accusations around about what the Government should have done, but cannot stand the heat when he has to provide any solutions.
glas

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Where is Captain Hindsight???

Postby 4281 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:48 pm

If you read your papers, you will see that he has to self isolate, until the COVID test results are received for some of his family, who have symptoms.

Postby piledriver64 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:51 pm

4281 wrote:If you read your papers, you will see that he has to self isolate, until the COVID test results are received for some of his family, who have symptoms.

Correct.

I bet Boris is relieved at his absence as he's been destroyed every time they face up. Even his replacement, Ed Milliband, made him look an imbecile and liar yesterday.

As for not answering questions, in comparison to the Tories in the last 4-6 weeks are you really serious :roll: :banghead: :banghead: Plenty of promises/targets, nothing achieved.
piledriver64

Postby glas » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:58 pm

4281 wrote:If you read your papers, you will see that he has to self isolate, until the COVID test results are received for some of his family, who have symptoms.

You mean the negative test results his family received? He already had the results, he just didn't want to take part.
Although he seemed to manage the Union meeting in between ok, as he was not going to getting answers or be questioned on his statements.
glas

Postby glas » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:04 pm

piledriver64 wrote:

Correct.

I bet Boris is relieved at his absence as he's been destroyed every time they face up. Even his replacement, Ed Milliband, made him look an imbecile and liar yesterday.

As for not answering questions, in comparison to the Tories in the last 4-6 weeks are you really serious :roll: :banghead: :banghead: Plenty of promises/targets, nothing achieved.

So why wasn't he there to put this to Boris? He'd had negative test results for his family.
Boris and others were laughing at the cardboard cut out (Milliband) as he's so ineffective.

With all these so called promises and targets that you claimed have failed, why wasn't Captain Hindsight there to give his expert hindsight version of what could be done.
Maybe he could have used the examples of Drakeford and Gethin in Wales to show what could be done/achieved under a Labour administration.
glas

Postby rumpo kid » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:20 pm

Ed Milliband only ever succeeds in making one person look ridiculous..
rumpo kid

Postby skidemin » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:17 am

piledriver64 wrote:

Correct.

what promises and targets ?
skidemin

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:10 pm

skidemin wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Correct.

Plenty, but three for starters.

1. A "world beating" test and trace system - it's so good people exhibiting symptoms are being expected to travel 100+ miles on public transport to get a test and then wait up to 10 days for the result (fact because a colleague in Merthyr just experienced this !). Anyone living in Germany and a few other leading EU countries might also have something to say about the UK being "world beating" on test and trace !!

2. "Oven Ready" Brexit agreement to be signed off with ease - it was so "ready" they've now decided to change one of the key parts to such an extent that it breaches international law and threatens the whole agreement and raises the prospect of a no deal Brexit. Including threatening our trading ties with the US if Biden gets in because it clearly threatens the Irish peace deal.

3. All schools in England will return by end of July - didn't happen and back tracked within 10 days of announcement.

But hey, I suppose the loony left have fabricated this have they ? :roll:
piledriver64

Postby skidemin » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:57 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Correct.

Plenty, but three for starters.

1. A "world beating" test and trace system - it's so good people exhibiting symptoms are being expected to travel 100+ miles on public transport to get a test and then wait up to 10 days for the result (fact because a colleague in Merthyr just experienced this !). Anyone living in Germany and a few other leading EU countries might also have something to say about the UK being "world beating" on test and trace !!

2. "Oven Ready" Brexit agreement to be signed off with ease - it was so "ready" they've now decided to change one of the key parts to such an extent that it breaches international law and threatens the whole agreement and raises the prospect of a no deal Brexit. Including threatening our trading ties with the US if Biden gets in because it clearly threatens the Irish peace deal.

3. All schools in England will return by end of July - didn't happen and back tracked within 10 days of announcement.

But hey, I suppose the loony left have fabricated this have they ? :roll:

the whole covid thing is very fluid.. so yes whats right today might not be in a week/ month and would therefore be criticised by some either way ... but as for testing... we are and have tested more people per million population than anywhere else in the world... more tests, more asymptomatic positives, more track and trace... maybe if you looked at a one to one basis youd realise ours is pretty good.. but you said it..looney left... no they do not fabricate they just avoid saying ALL of the facts..
skidemin

Postby RV Casual » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:18 pm

When I listen to them on the TV it just seems like the opposition are being deliberately obtrusive, doesn't matter if its Starmer or a stand in.

Captain Hindsight indeed, do they think they win voters in this way cos it makes me move away from them even more personally
RV Casual

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:39 am

rumpo kid wrote:Ed Milliband only ever succeeds in making one person look ridiculous..

:D

There is a rumour that milliband's older brother Glen is going to enter politics, I doubt he'll be in the mood though :thumbright:
Pivot your business online - Free eCommerce software in 5 minutes - I can do it for youecwids
Proxy Server / VPN Proxy Servers
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby rumpo kid » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:27 pm

Oh Rees.. looks like we can all vote Labour now.. apparently Kiers a patriot. Of which country is not yet clear.
rumpo kid

Postby Big Hill Blue » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:30 pm

glas wrote:Where has Captain Hindsight disappeared to? He was supposed to rescue the Labour party and save the country from the Tories.
This man they claimed had the clinical mind of a lawyer and would pick apart every detail of wrongdoing that Boris did.
But it seems he has disappeared and does not want to face up to his responsibilities, or face Boris.

He can ask all the questions, but has no answers when he is questioned, about what he would do/would have done/should do. He will not provide any answers. He can accuse people of wrongdoing but cannot rectify the problem, or even answer any questions of a remedy he has.

It seems Kier Starmer is ok protecting paedophiles, like Jimmy Saville, or throwing accusations around about what the Government should have done, but cannot stand the heat when he has to provide any solutions.

Couldn't care less where he is. W@nker took the knee.
Big Hill Blue

Postby skidemin » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:08 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:Ed Milliband only ever succeeds in making one person look ridiculous..

:D

There is a rumour that milliband's older brother Glen is going to enter politics, I doubt he'll be in the mood though :thumbright:

i wonder how many got that... :lol: :lol:
skidemin

Postby Big Hill Blue » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:03 pm

He's on telly now. Sat down NOT kneeling. Feck off u putz
Big Hill Blue

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:31 pm

You can tell the Tories are worried about him, because they're talking about him so much and trying to find a way to knock him down.

The fact that "Captain Hindsight" is the best they can come up with speaks volumes.

Keir Starmer is actually and effective opposition leader, unlike then previous one. Especially with the Lib Dems being practically non-existent at the moment.

David Cameron, Theresa May and Boris Johnson all had it easy with Jeremy Corbyn.

I'm not sure the same can be said about Keir Starmer - far harder to attack his background.

I'm not saying Starmer will win the next election, which is a long way off, but at least it will be much more competitive - which can only be good for British Politics in general.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby RV Casual » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:49 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:You can tell the Tories are worried about him, because they're talking about him so much and trying to find a way to knock him down.

The fact that "Captain Hindsight" is the best they can come up with speaks volumes.

Keir Starmer is actually and effective opposition leader, unlike then previous one. Especially with the Lib Dems being practically non-existent at the moment.

David Cameron, Theresa May and Boris Johnson all had it easy with Jeremy Corbyn.

I'm not sure the same can be said about Keir Starmer - far harder to attack his background.

I'm not saying Starmer will win the next election, which is a long way off, but at least it will be much more competitive - which can only be good for British Politics in general.

I don't think they are worried about him that much mate, personally I think he is doing himself no favours at times.

I'm from a Labour supporting family (like most I would guess), Corbyn killed that but I don't think Starmer is going to be the answer, I think its going to take decades before you see another Labour leader in number 10. Don't get me wrong he's up against it because of the damage done before him but he's come out now and said he wouldnt rule out a second indyref for Scotland.

Ridiculous in my opinion, you can't just keep having one every 5 years, any new indyref for Scotland shouldn't happen untill at least 16 years after the last one IMHO. Not sure what his agenda is there.
RV Casual

Postby skidemin » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:53 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:You can tell the Tories are worried about him, because they're talking about him so much and trying to find a way to knock him down.

but captain hindsight does really sum him up.. its enough
skidemin

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:15 pm

skidemin wrote:

Personally I think "Captain Hindsight" moniker is very lazy and a bit pathetic. You could call any previous leaders of the opposition including all the Tories during the Blair & Brown years Captain Hindsight as their job is to hold the Government to account and state their party would have done things differently when things go wrong. I certainly remember Cameron, Duncan-Smith and Howard behaving like that.

So my take is if that's the best they can do then Keir Starmer must have them spooked and he has certainly got the better of Boris on several occasions during PMQ's.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:18 pm

I would agree that Keir Starmer has made a good start. I would love to return to the Labour fold but I am not yet convinced Labour have thrown off their remain in the EU stance. Also I need to see more action taken against anti-Semitism although I accept that KS has done a lot of work in that area.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby skidemin » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:22 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Personally I think "Captain Hindsight" moniker is very lazy and a bit pathetic. You could call any previous leaders of the opposition including all the Tories during the Blair & Brown years Captain Hindsight as their job is to hold the Government to account and state their party would have done things differently when things go wrong. I certainly remember Cameron, Duncan-Smith and Howard behaving like that.

So my take is if that's the best they can do then Keir Starmer must have them spooked and he has certainly got the better of Boris on several occasions during PMQ's.

yes but ..not to this extent..labour voters are blind as they were with Corbyn.. no doubt you will all see it in 4/5 years time but captain hindsight got this fella to a t..
skidemin

Postby piledriver64 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:58 pm

skidemin wrote:
skidemin wrote:

yes but ..not to this extent..labour voters are blind as they were with Corbyn.. no doubt you will all see it in 4/5 years time but captain hindsight got this fella to a t..

I’ve read some s^%t on this forum but you take the biscuit !!

Any opposition party of any persuasion have to raise issues in “hindsight” as they aren’t privy to the data until after the decision of the government has been announced in the majority of instances. Even Boris accepted that Starmer wasn’t informed of Tuesday morning’s announcement until Monday night !!! Starmer even accepted that as the way things are done and thanked him for that prior notice !!

Are you really that thick that you don’t know that or just angling for an argument???

The opposition will often have to use hindsight as they wil always be behind the curve on government information.
piledriver64

Postby RV Casual » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:23 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Any opposition party of any persuasion have to raise issues in “hindsight” as they aren’t privy to the data until after the decision of the government has been announced in the majority of instances. Even Boris accepted that Starmer wasn’t informed of Tuesday morning’s announcement until Monday night !!! Starmer even accepted that as the way things are done and thanked him for that prior notice !!

Are you really that thick that you don’t know that or just angling for an argument???

The opposition will often have to use hindsight as they wil always be behind the curve on government information.

Only speaking for myself here but I'm only calling him Captain Hindsight in terms of the Coronavirus situation. Not sure on Skides position but think it might be the same.

Starmer seems to support the government in one breath and then take it away in another, I don't think he's doing himself any favours, I would say it doesn't realy matter but coming from a Labour supporting family of decades that lost the faith under Corbyn I can tell you that such behaviour is not winning the people back, not from where I come from anyway, most people are sympathetic to the governments position with the pandemic, if anything Welsh Labour and Drakeford are more hated here than Boris and the Tories and I'm the valleys.
RV Casual

Postby skidemin » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:03 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
skidemin wrote:

shit ?
ive been reading your party political broadcasts all week... on PPE, schools going back and then not, tests et etc...they have not been fair or reasonable and youve been shown this , not just by me...
Starmer im afraid has got this tag of his own doing...and at the moment it very much describes him... its lazy its weak its the best his opponents can do and makes people thick :lol: ... but its obviously hit a far bigger nerve than most are happy with... and its not about one announcement its about his performances over months..
top idea....start with ..we would do....then when proved correct..
skidemin

Postby skidemin » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:02 pm

RV Casual wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Only speaking for myself here but I'm only calling him Captain Hindsight in terms of the Coronavirus situation. Not sure on Skides position but think it might be the same.

Starmer seems to support the government in one breath and then take it away in another, I don't think he's doing himself any favours, I would say it doesn't realy matter but coming from a Labour supporting family of decades that lost the faith under Corbyn I can tell you that such behaviour is not winning the people back, not from where I come from anyway, most people are sympathetic to the governments position with the pandemic, if anything Welsh Labour and Drakeford are more hated here than Boris and the Tories and I'm the valleys.

yes...and doing himself no favours is how i see it ..i do appreciate it must be difficult in opposition during a crisis where most decisions are science led and therefore mostly the same decisions you yourself would make.. but this half in half out , trying to find something to keep yourself visible just looks petty.. i dont think labour supporters are helping their cause either pretending we had months to prepare etc.... i dont agree with much of what our governments are doing myself.. but you dont have to look very hard to find other governments doing similar things no matter what part of the crisis you care to look at... its an unprecedented situation
skidemin

Return to General Chat