Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Arter to the Scabs?

Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:04 am

Could do with his oumph ourselves.

Nottingham Forest transfers LIVE: Latest on Harry Arter link ahead of Cardiff City clash

Keep up to date with the latest developments from the City Ground throughout the day

17 SEP 2020

Harry Arter of Bournemouth during the Pre-Season Friendly match between West Bromwich Albion and AFC Bournemouth
Welcome to Thursday’s LIVE Nottingham Forest

We will keep you right up to date with all the very latest news, gossip and transfer developments from the City Ground.

And we’ll be looking ahead to Saturday’s game as the Reds look to bag their first win of the new season when they play host to Cardiff City in the Championship.

The club are understood to be fully behind head coach Sabri Lamouchi, despite rumours about his future amid back-to-back defeats.

But his team could certainly do with claiming three points against the Bluebirds as they target another promotion push this term.

We’ll bring you the latest updates, so stick with us throughout the day to make sure you don’t miss a thing.

'Always thought he was quality'

It has been claimed that the Reds have shown an interest in signing the Bournemouth midfielder on a permanent deal ahead of next month’s deadline.

Arter has spent the last two seasons on loan away from the Vitality Stadium, having stints with Cardiff City and Fulham.

It is thought that Arter’s future is likely to be away from the south coast, with one year left on his current deal.

Re: Arter to the Scabs?

Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:12 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Could do with his oumph ourselves.

I'm not sure Harry Arter would improve us any at this current time. I felt he tailed off in his season here and there was always a chance he could be sent off at any point whilst rushing around like a loon. He was a bit hit-and-miss at Fulham last season and they haven't wasted any time getting rid, so maybe a year's camping down The Mumbles might be his calling?

Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:39 am

I would take Arter defo....give us a bit of bite and if we could get a creative midfielder alongside him and Rallis, the centre of the park would look half decent for us

Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:00 am

No better than we have! A head last chicken who runs around all match but achieves nothing, no assists or goals! We need an attacking, skilful midfielder who scores goals and creates assists to compete with Tomlin who could come on for the last 30 if necessary!

Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:04 am

Yes, but he forced the opposition to move the ball, which led to mistakes being made. He'd be handy, but I fear we're not in the market for anything..

Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:58 am

HarriRhys22 wrote:No better than we have! A head last chicken who runs around all match but achieves nothing, no assists or goals! We need an attacking, skilful midfielder who scores goals and creates assists to compete with Tomlin who could come on for the last 30 if necessary!

Really ? No better than Ralls or Pack ?

I don't think I'd want him back but he's certainly better than those two. I do agree that we're in more need of a creative/attacking midfielder though.

Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:01 am

I would welcome him back,we need that type of player.

Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:53 am

Sven wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:Could do with his oumph ourselves.

I'm not sure Harry Arter would improve us any at this current time. I felt he tailed off in his season here and there was always a chance he could be sent off at any point whilst rushing around like a loon. He was a bit hit-and-miss at Fulham last season and they haven't wasted any time getting rid, so maybe a year's camping down The Mumbles might be his calling?

not for me either , ball of energy thats always drawn to the tackle even if its 20 yards away from where he should be and impulsive.. no sense of positioning and constantly leaving gaping holes where he actually should have been... but i suppose it ticks the fight and passion box for all that time we were without the ball last Saturday :?
what i watched wasnt a team desperate to win ball..it was a team with very little idea of what to do with it when we had it..

Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:41 pm

Arter is a headless chicken with very little skill or ability

However, we could certainly have done with his passion and work rate against Wednesday

Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:44 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Arter is a headless chicken with very little skill or ability

However, we could certainly have done with his passion and work rate against Wednesday

yes maybe he could have tackled / fouled Ralls or Bacuna...

Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:16 pm

No point in adding anything other than to say I agree with everything Sven and Skide have said.

Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:06 pm

Plays with a lot of energy, which is his strength, you do wonder as he ages how long he can deliver that type of 90 minutes game intensity

Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:20 pm

I can’t see him wanting to come back here after the way we treated him when Fulham last came down and he got sent off.

Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:29 am

He’s not the midfielder we desperately need.
I don’t know what Harris has been doing on this front since Tomlin hobbled off at Fulham but he surely knew then - as we all did - that was one area of the team that was an absolute priority to beef up.
Some may say we did well without Tomlin pre lockdown and that is a fair point but look how different we were post lockdown with him pulling the strings.
There is still some time to go in this window and every effort and spare penny is needed to acquire a decent creative CM.