Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why did we play that way!!!??

Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:23 am

I know it was only the first game of the season so don’t want to get carried away by how poor we were but a few things concerned me.
1. I’m all for keeping the ball better and trying to play but why did Harris chase Keiffer for so long If we are now not going to put the ball in the box anymore? Then in the second half we went from trying to play to just lumping the ball aimlessly up the park vaguely in the direction of Moore. My point is why go completely from one extreme to the other, against Fulham in the second leg we had a great mix of both. Trying to play when we could but going direct when we needed to. That to me seems to be the way to go. Mixing up a bit of both.
2. The lad Ojo for me doesn’t look like the answer. I’m sure he has ability but he might be a last 20 mins type player as I’m not sure what he offered the whole time he was on, although to be fair you could say the same about half the team.
3. If tomlin isn’t playing I don’t see the point in us trying to play on the floor as we have a good honest bunch of players but without him we should play more direct as we only have a threat on the wings so should play more direct and whip balls in from the wings.
4. Why bring Glatzel on before tomlin? We were crying out for someone to create some magic in the final third. When he did bring him on it was on the left where he couldn’t influence anything.
Anyway onwards and upwards, Harris has earned my respect so it’s not panic stations but it was a concern for me last week.