Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Have you had to crack the whip this week? “In a

Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:41 pm

Have you had to crack the whip this week?

NEIL HARRIS:

“In a positive way, yes. I wouldn’t say crack the whip, I’ve reminded the players of the standards that drove us to success last season.

“I talked to individuals, sat down and did analysis with them.

“Are they 100 per cent? Guide them back to that 100 per cent. Also, give respect to good players.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Have you had to crack the whip this week? “In a

Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:03 pm

This is good to hear but it should be (probably is) part and parcel of a manager's job

Like many (a lot in fact) I came around to Neil Harris' motivational skills that allowed a pretty average squad at time of appointment to become promotion-chasers post-lockdown in such an impressive way

This season from the start there is now the dreaded 'expectation' and we will now see if Neil Harris' has the tactical and coaching skills to go with his renowned motivational abilities

Only time will tell; but the early signs this season have ensured the question is raised

Re: Have you had to crack the whip this week? “In a

Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:23 pm

Sven wrote:This is good to hear but it should be (probably is) part and parcel of a manager's job

Like many (a lot in fact) I came around to Neil Harris' motivational skills that allowed a pretty average squad at time of appointment to become promotion-chasers post-lockdown in such an impressive way

This season from the start there is now the dreaded 'expectation' and we will now see if Neil Harris' has the tactical and coaching skills to go with his renowned motivational abilities

Only time will tell; but the early signs this season have ensured the question is raised

Just a cover up Sven. I've heard this sort of talk many times. Whatever has happened behind the scenes needs to stay there. Unfortunately that has been made difficult. Its going to take some man management skill to get them back on track so we can all forget about what has happened.