FANS RETURN TO STADIUMS? IS IT WORTH THE RISK?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sam ReaN » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:48 pm

Fans returning to the stadiums are the main talking point when it comes to bringing in the revenue for clubs but with the situation at the moment with Corona cases rising is it really worth bringing fans back? If fans return even if its a small amount the cases will only shoot up with fans inside the stadium queing for food or even getting into seats when staying apart.

I personally cant see it happen now because of the ever growing cases for the virus throughout the UK. Club will try and force it because of them losing money but things could go from bad to worse if clubs get what they want. Safety is the most important and sport will forever be on TV so there is no difference really.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: FANS RETURN TO STADIUMS? IS IT WORTH THE RISK?

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:07 pm

Sports and arts fans are not likely to be filling venues again for years, according to Wales' deputy culture and sport minister lord Ellis Thomas.. so its every event that has people attending! Wg no intention of letting people in anywhere for years if had their way :o
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Sports and arts fans are not likely to be filling venues again for years, according to Wales' deputy culture and sport minister lord Ellis Thomas.. so its every event that has people attending! Wg no intention of letting people in anywhere for years if had their way :o

Let's have them 'lockdown' in the Assembly Building until Covid-19 is brought under control; which will still be years before they themselves have any (real control of the situation)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Nuclearblue » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:31 pm

Ohhhh lord really ? No increase in hospital admissions basically zero deaths. Covid testing is now said to be flawed and that’s why cases are rising. People needlessly in lockdown, suicides are up,businesses are going bust, thousands are loosing jobs, other critical illnesses are going un diagnosed.
And you ask is it worth the risk ? Can’t you see the divide the bull shit they put out ? You can’t meet up in more than six but you can if you are hunting. You can’t meet up in a pub with friends only go with your household but you will be there with other households as long as they ain’t friends do I need go on ?
One thing the government have done is to make people so scared they can’t think rationally or with common sense or to think for themselves. All you can see is the government are keeping you safe.
WELL THEY FOOKING AINT THEY ARE TAKING THE PISS AND SLOWLY TAKING YOUR FREEDOM AWAY BUT YOU CARRY ON BELIEVING THEY ARE KEEPING YOU SAFE.
Love Nukes
Nuclearblue

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:37 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Sports and arts fans are not likely to be filling venues again for years, according to Wales' deputy culture and sport minister lord Ellis Thomas.. so its every event that has people attending! Wg no intention of letting people in anywhere for years if had their way :o

Let's have them 'lockdown' in the Assembly Building until Covid-19 is brought under control; which will still be years before they themselves have any (real control of the situation)

Chris it's way he put it just like dictator? ifyou dont do as I/we tell you you are not going to any events need to read article to get picture..
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:54 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris it's way he put it just like dictator? ifyou dont do as I/we tell you you are not going to any events need to read article to get picture..

Allan, the scruffy git needs to get a shirt with a collar that actually fits him; he always reminds me of a tortoise sticking its head out of its shell! :lol:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby skidemin » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:41 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

Allan, the scruffy git needs to get a shirt with a collar that actually fits him; he always reminds me of a tortoise sticking its head out of its shell! :lol:

i had never thought of him as a tortoise.. but now your saying....yes ,i dont think im going to be able to look at him again without the tortoise remark coming to mind..
Attachments
Tortoise.jpg
Tortoise.jpg (5.84 KiB) Viewed 2813 times
skidemin

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:59 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Ohhhh lord really ? No increase in hospital admissions basically zero deaths. Covid testing is now said to be flawed and that’s why cases are rising. People needlessly in lockdown, suicides are up,businesses are going bust, thousands are loosing jobs, other critical illnesses are going un diagnosed.
And you ask is it worth the risk ? Can’t you see the divide the bull shit they put out ? You can’t meet up in more than six but you can if you are hunting. You can’t meet up in a pub with friends only go with your household but you will be there with other households as long as they ain’t friends do I need go on ?
One thing the government have done is to make people so scared they can’t think rationally or with common sense or to think for themselves. All you can see is the government are keeping you safe.
WELL THEY FOOKING AINT THEY ARE TAKING THE PISS AND SLOWLY TAKING YOUR FREEDOM AWAY BUT YOU CARRY ON BELIEVING THEY ARE KEEPING YOU SAFE.
Love Nukes

For some it's too late mate,they will do as asked (more like told)to do,as you say, and I have pointed out numerous times,the next round of scaremongering is upon us!! The scare tactic of constant death tolls no longer has the effect it did,and for the reasons you point out in your 1st sentence :thumbup:
I'm surprised that the public in general have fallen for whatever they are told :? The "we will save you" charade being played out."come quick,have the vaccine,it's your only chance!!" No offence,under NORMAL rules,doesn't a drug normally take around 5 years,before its deemed safe to give to us,the public? Why should it be any different for this?
After all,drugs for many illnesses are now available after clinical trials,which are making a big difference to sufferers lives, that because of the protocol required,were not available to people say last year for instance. It's no good saying there are no serious side effects, after only testing a drug for a few months,then further down the line,serious side effects are commonplace? :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby RV Casual » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:01 pm

Middlesbrough manager has covid 19, the neighbouring authority is in lockdown, you can't meet you're family or visit your nan but 1000 fans are OK at the Riverside tomorow, #dontgooutunlessthereatill
RV Casual

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:22 pm

RV Casual wrote:Middlesbrough manager has covid 19, the neighbouring authority is in lockdown, you can't meet you're family or visit your nan but 1000 fans are OK at the Riverside tomorow, #dontgooutunlessthereatill

Spot On ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby Pulisnewport » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:25 am

I suppose it’s up to the individual how they feel or what they do!

Put it this way, if you got ill and we’re in ICU and the Doctor started telling you they were going to put you on a ventilator would you think it was worth the risk?
Pulisnewport

Postby Igovernor » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:49 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Ohhhh lord really ? No increase in hospital admissions basically zero deaths. Covid testing is now said to be flawed and that’s why cases are rising. People needlessly in lockdown, suicides are up,businesses are going bust, thousands are loosing jobs, other critical illnesses are going un diagnosed.
Love Nukes

Just thought you might like to know the latest news

Dr Robin Howe, of Public Health Wales, said that community transmission means older people are being infected in Caerphilly and Rhondda Cynon Taf (RCT).

Hospitalisations are already starting to rise in Wales with the latest figures from Public Health Wales, from Sunday, September 13, showing that there are now 53 people in hospital with Covid-19 and five in intensive care

The Betsi Cadwaladr health board in North Wales and the Cwm Taf health board, which covers Merthyr, RCT and Bridgend, have the highest numbers of people in hospital with the virus.

On Thursday, the deaths of three people who had coronavirus were reported in Wales - the first deaths from the virus this month.

A further 168 new lab-confirmed cases of the virus were also reported on, Thursday, September 17, which means the weekly infection rate for Wales continues to rise, even though it is a smaller jump than the 199 new cases in the previous 24 hours.

In RCT the weekly rate of infections has hit 83.7 cases per 100,000 people, just behind Caerphilly, which has 83.9 cases per 100,000.

The rate in Merthyr has jumped again and is now 46.4 compared to 39.8 on Wednesday, while in Newport, the seven-day rate is 39.4 compared to 47.8 cases per 100,000 on Wednesday.
Igovernor

Postby FOOTSOLDIER » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:03 am

Speaking to an NHS worker apparently the Royal Glamorgan is rife with Covid cases at present but it's kept on the down low.
FOOTSOLDIER

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:52 am

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:Speaking to an NHS worker apparently the Royal Glamorgan is rife with Covid cases at present but it's kept on the down low.

Director of public health for RCT said last week they had no significant cases in hospital but that's changed this week to a handful, Doesnt sound as if its rife according to him!
pembroke allan

Postby Igovernor » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:02 am

pembroke allan wrote:
FOOTSOLDIER wrote:Speaking to an NHS worker apparently the Royal Glamorgan is rife with Covid cases at present but it's kept on the down low.

Director of public health for RCT said last week they had no significant cases in hospital but that's changed this week to a handful, Doesnt sound as if its rife according to him!

Director of public health for RCT Hospitalisations are already starting to rise in Wales with the latest figures from Public Health Wales, from Sunday, September 13, showing that there are now 53 people in hospital with Covid-19 and five in intensive care

To me it does
Igovernor

Postby FOOTSOLDIER » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:03 am

pembroke allan wrote:

Who do you believe is the question
FOOTSOLDIER

Postby Borders Blue » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:04 am

Getting in your car - Is it really worth the risk????
Borders Blue

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:25 am

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Was going to put that as well certainly not WG or anyone connected to it.... :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby FOOTSOLDIER » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:40 am

pembroke allan wrote:
FOOTSOLDIER wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Was going to put that as well certainly not WG or anyone connected to it.... :thumbup:

Politicians will tell you what they want you to know to suit their agenda at the time. So called leaks in the Press are also released purposely to the public to gauge the publics response and opinions before a statement is released.
FOOTSOLDIER

Postby skidemin » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:02 am

Pulisnewport wrote:I suppose it’s up to the individual how they feel or what they do!

Put it this way, if you got ill and we’re in ICU and the Doctor started telling you they were going to put you on a ventilator would you think it was worth the risk?

i wouldnt have thought you would think that anymore or less than you would if you were in ICU last year after a car crash , or had the flu after attending a game ... but eh oh ..
skidemin

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:18 am

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
FOOTSOLDIER wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Politicians will tell you what they want you to know to suit their agenda at the time. So called leaks in the Press are also released purposely to the public to gauge the publics response and opinions before a statement is released.

They threatened pembs that they could go into lockdown because of spike in carmarthen from a party! A county that gets couple of infections a month probably.... certainly looks like authorities want level of control using threats and stats that dont add up.
pembroke allan

Postby Pulisnewport » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:45 pm

skidemin wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:I suppose it’s up to the individual how they feel or what they do!

i wouldnt have thought you would think that anymore or less than you would if you were in ICU last year after a car crash , or had the flu after attending a game ... but eh oh ..

Being in a car accident could be thought of as unlucky.

Catching Covid 19 watching a game when it’s in the Community is taking a chance. But not to worry as long as it’s on the up there will be NO fans allowed in until it’s safe, ie 2021 April.

You must have been one of those who went to Doncaster races.
Pulisnewport

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:33 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Catching Covid 19 watching a game when it’s in the Community is taking a chance. But not to worry as long as it’s on the up there will be NO fans allowed in until it’s safe, ie 2021 April.

Only sure way not to catch covid is to stay home have no visitors family or otherwise for next 6 months ! It's that simple isnt it? :o
pembroke allan

Postby skidemin » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:15 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
skidemin wrote:

not really youd be extremely unlucky either way . and you know full well there are car accidents everyday...lets not pretend otherwise because one you accept as part of life and the other unreasonably terrifies you....
no idea what the doncaster remark is about.... a coach in comparison to thousands flying abroad ? blame the one that does the least economic damage.. ironically AFTER the latest national restrictions...
skidemin

Postby skidemin » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:17 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Only sure way not to catch covid is to stay home have no visitors family or otherwise for next 6 months ! It's that simple isnt it? :o

Allan , if i was 1/10th as scared as some on here i wouldnt leave home...picking and choosing whats ok is mental
skidemin

Postby Crayfish » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:27 pm

I would suggest nervous ninnies lock themselves in their houses for the next six months and let the rest of us get on with life. I
Crayfish

Postby Big Hill Blue » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:28 pm

If you are vulnerable with a health condition stay home.

If not, crack on and live your life, work and play.
Big Hill Blue

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:46 pm

skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Allan , if i was 1/10th as scared as some on here i wouldnt leave home...picking and choosing whats ok is mental

I'm not vulnerable as such but if get it I'm not sure will survive as got airway problems amongst things but I still go about my life as normal ... just take care in what I do and sanatising hands after each time go in shop or anywhere else outside house for that matter.. sure this onslaught of pessimism is to make people so scared wont go outside house? Latest is scenario of 6k dead in wales by xmas ! :o
pembroke allan

Postby Bluebina » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:01 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:Fans returning to the stadiums are the main talking point when it comes to bringing in the revenue for clubs but with the situation at the moment with Corona cases rising is it really worth bringing fans back? If fans return even if its a small amount the cases will only shoot up with fans inside the stadium queing for food or even getting into seats when staying apart.

I personally cant see it happen now because of the ever growing cases for the virus throughout the UK. Club will try and force it because of them losing money but things could go from bad to worse if clubs get what they want. Safety is the most important and sport will forever be on TV so there is no difference really.

It's going to last one or two games and then it will be placed back on restriction, so if you want to go to games go quickly while you still can!
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:04 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:If you are vulnerable with a health condition stay home.

If not, crack on and live your life, work and play.

Pretty much right, but don't go anywhere near your grannies or anyone vulnerable until they can get a vaccine.
Bluebina

Next

Return to General Chat