Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW : SECOND HOME DEFEAT IN A ROW / JUST NOT GOOD ENOUG

Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:57 pm

MY VIEW / OPINION:

SECOND HOME DEFEAT IN A ROW / JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH BY CARDIFF CITY TODAY.

2nd half: virtually a no show by Cardiff.

We even had 9 mins of extra time, but seem to just huff and puff and not really threaten.

You have to win your home games.

For me Cardiff look a weak side and are relying on one player to save us Moore.
Tomlin is quality, but now becoming injury prone, so we cant rely on him.

We are weak in many areas and the squad is being stripped and not strengthened.

Harris for me is dong a Russell Slade, 20 players out in 10months, one new signing in.

Sorry to say worrying times ahead for us, unless Harris properly strengthens asap.

City dont seem to also have the fight in them under Harris for our home games??

First-half: even steven, Reading came the closest to scoring, thanks to Smithies it stayed 0-0 at h-t.

CARDIFF CITY 1 READING 2 :cry: :cry:
H/T 0-0

Cardiff City: Smithies; Osei-Tutu, Morrison, Nelson, Cunningham; Bacuna, Pack, Vaulks; Ojo, Moore, Hoilett

Subs: Day, Bamba, Bagan, Whyte, Tomlin, Murphy, Glatzel.

First 15mins were even steven, but Cardiff had the only chance with a shot from Moore :bluebird:

New striker Moore created a couple of chances in the first 30mins for Cardiff. :bluebird:

42nd min, great save from Cardiff goalie Smithies.Save! What a good save that is from Smithies.

Lucas Joao capitalised after a miscommunication between Marlon Pack and Greg Cunningham.

The striker gathered the ball outside the area, turned Morrison easily and unleashed a venomous strike from 20 yards.

But Smithies gpt down low and tipped it away. That was the best chance of the game so far.

Shots so far
Cardiff 5 Reading 3

On target
Cardiff 1 Reading 2

Possession
Cardiff 49% Reading 51%

H-T 0-0

48th min City 0 Reading 1 :cry:
Olise whipped in a free-kick, Michael Morrison loses both Curtis Nelson and Greg Cunningham and fired his header home!

61st min Lee Tomlin came on and replaced Vaulks.

Cabral has to use his feet to deny a certain goal by Cardiff's Bacuna, Cardiff's best chance so far.

Cardiff C 0 Reading 2 :cry:
Sheyi Ojo lost the ball in midfield and Reading mounted a counter-attack.

Josh Laurent carried the ball into the box and laid it into the path of Joao, who turned his defender Nelson and rammed it into the back of the net from close range. 0-2 :cry: :cry:

Hoilett went off, Glatzel on.

Kieffer Moore rose to head from a corner but his effort was denied on the line. But it fell into Tomlin's path and he managed to squeeze it home! :bluebird: :bluebird:

City 1 Reading 2 Tomlin :bluebird:

Not good enough at all City at home today, City huffed and puffed in last few minutes.

MY MAN OF THE MATCH: MARLON PACK :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW : SECOND HOME DEFEAT IN A ROW / JUST NOT GOOD EN

Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:58 pm

:cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:00 pm

Sorry to say but looked more like a team fighting relegation. Very poor in defence and attack.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:01 pm

nick_strin wrote:Sorry to say but looked more like a team fighting relegation. Very poor in defence and attack.

Sadly we did Nick, very worrying.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:02 pm

I have no idea how or what we were trying to do today. Some abysmal defending but Ojo was dreadfull. Totally looks out of his depth at this level .
How he was not substituted today I have no idea.
Pack pick of the bunch.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:04 pm

fred keenor wrote:I have no idea how or what we were trying to do today. Some abysmal defending but Ojo was dreadfull. Totally looks out of his depth at this level .
How he was not substituted today I have no idea.
Pack pick of the bunch.

Yes Marlon Pack def for me :bluebird:

No cohesion in our play! Got a big centre forward who only got some good service in last 10 mins even then wasn't great... we had no players willing to attack down wings hoillett non existent ojho kept coming back instead of going wide to try beat defender, we just seem to prefer going sideways or backwards and not look to go forward until too late.
Last edited by pembroke allan on Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I fought the Forest win was papering over the cracks and it seems I have been proven right.

I didn't see anything it that performance to consider us Play Off material. Yes its still early but I just can't see it. I usuallly wait until 10 games in before judging but something tells me this is going to be a very disappointing start and our season will be over very soon.

Trollope version 2 is how I feel.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:05 pm

Forest whop we beat now lost 3 games in a row.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:05 pm

The game I lost hope in Neil Harris's ability as a manager.

Criminal not to make any changes at half time.

1-0 down and then criminal to allow 15 minutes to be WASTED before making the tomlin substitute.

Bringing on Murphy on the 89th minute?

Ojo looks like a bad signing unfortunately.
Cunningham looks worse on the ball than Lee Peliter for crying out loud.

Awful awful awful team performance. And I'm beginning to feel like our squad is just smoke and mirrors and we have a significantly worse side than last season if the rumours are to be believed.

To lose Mendez-Laing (Not city's fault), Patterson, Etheridge, Sanderson, Peltier, Ward... The only positive signings we've made in my opinion is Moore & Tutu.

Very pessimistic about the season now, and my confidence in our manager has been shot.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:06 pm

The quality in wide positions was woeful and Ojo in particular is simply not good enough. Again we lacked energy and urgency all over the park. That's 3 defeats from 4 (including the cup) and very little good football in any. We will be fighting relegation rather looking at promotion with this rubbish. I don't subscribe to the squad is weak theory. There main players from the play off team are there. For me Harris has not got them motivated and his two loan signings are not good enough.
Last edited by EastleighBlue on Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:06 pm

Poor, early days but I am worried.
Losing home games never bodes well.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:07 pm

This team could well go down.

We have become that team who spends more time passing sideways and backwards. For all of the possession we do nothing with it.

We lack any kind of penetration and play far too slow and too narrow, typified with 5 minutes to go and Ojo comes to collect a ball 5 yds from a player rather than busting a gut to get down the wing.

In 3 games now we’ve created very very little of any note and in every game we come out 2nd half and just fold - personal and tactics need to change quickly.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:10 pm

:bluebird:

Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:12 pm

Harris is just a YES man that is why he is there

Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:14 pm

Our team is so predictable and lack basic football skills. No creativity bar Tomlin, no pace at all. Such poor crossing again.

Ojo should be sent back - he is not good enough.

Nelson had a terrible game.

Hoilett is past it.

Irrespective that this season is only 3 games in, IMO unless there’s new players who are better than we’ve got we’ll be in a relegation scrap. I’d prefer to see the youngsters play than the ponderous bunch out there today.

You know I used to look forward to seeing City play but honestly today I felt downbeat as I knew last Saturday was a false dawn, did we’d struggle again at home today. WE ARE TOO PREDICTABLE :banghead:

Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:15 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:The quality in wide positions was woeful and Ojo in particular is simply not good enough. Again we lacked energy and urgency all over the park. That's 3 defeats from 4 (including the cup) and very little good football in any. We will be fighting relegation rather looking at promotion with this rubbish. I don't subscribe to the squad is weak theory. There main players from the play off team are there. For me Harris has not got them motivated and his two loan signings are not good enough.

We bring in a good header of the ball and we stop playing wide or we dont put quality balls in middle for him! 4 out of 23 crosses was successful that tells you the story of our game and what is wrong..... and still looks like away sides are benefiting from no crowds as yet again more away wins than home again....
Spare thought for derby fans 0-4 at home
:old:

Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:18 pm

Danny Says wrote:Our team is so predictable and lack basic football skills. No creativity bar Tomlin, no pace at all. Such poor crossing again.

Hoilett is past it.

Irrespective that this season is only 3 games in, IMO unless there’s new players who are better than we’ve got we’ll be in a relegation scrap. I’d prefer to see the youngsters play than the ponderous bunch out there today.

You know I used to look forward to seeing City play but honestly today I felt downbeat as I knew last Saturday was a false dawn, did we’d struggle again at home today. WE ARE TOO PREDICTABLE :banghead:

Most teams struggled at home today and last week and week before that! Said before no home crowd to get on players backs to improve their performances or just coincidence?

Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:36 pm

No team can play at home :thumbup:

Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:36 pm

No team can play at home :thumbup:

Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:51 pm

theclaw wrote:No team can play at home :thumbup:

2 wins 3 draws and 4 defeats for home teams today.... derby worst 0-4 :thumbup:

Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:52 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Danny Says wrote:Our team is so predictable and lack basic football skills. No creativity bar Tomlin, no pace at all. Such poor crossing again.

Hoilett is past it.

Most teams struggled at home today and last week and week before that! Said before no home crowd to get on players backs to improve their performances or just coincidence?

I agree and NH can thank his lucky stars our fans have not been in the stadium for these first two home games because he would have been on the receiving end of a barrage of abuse. Our fans can deal with losing but today and against Wednesday our team has been outfought in both matches.

Question for me is how many games as NH got :?

Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:55 pm

Reply FB:

Sion Holt:

Agreed! So much Slade here as was mentioned on appointment. Now it’s coming to a head. Weak squad , not managing appropriately what’s there. Huge challenge ahead and tool box depletion at a fast rate of knots . Sad because we’re a club that could capitalise on this current climate unlike others! Yet we’re submissive upstairs to it. We need strength quickly and just over a weak left. NH is looking way out of depth now. Prove me wrong I’ll be happy. Even hoof ball at end couldn’t get a equaliser in that Fergie time and we’re selling Patterson ? Whose young strong on our bench left? The ghost of Slade is our Christmas past by looks of this.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:56 pm

Reply Fb:

Paul Williams:

Looked the team and thought how are we going to score today then as usual a goal down and offering nothing plain to see we really are a poor side and the hype over beating a dreadful forest team last week was completely over the top we are a very average side at best

Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:57 pm

Reply Fb:

David Cugini

very poor today i thought... i dunno we dont even look up to it in warm up or when they come out theres no enthusiasm... we all know this division... its going to be like this all season, anyone can beat anyone week in week out but when teams do there homework on you and have a few cans of redbull its all over before it even starts... we look like a side missing a few quality players to compete and thats exactly what we are

Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:00 pm

Someone with a line to Tan better tell him that this team is relegation material. It’s stale, predictable and dull to watch.

10 odd days before the window shuts.City need to do some serious business IN.

And that involves Harris ringing Klopp and begging him to take Oje back.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:10 pm

Not good enough at all today. I said it after sheffiel Wednesday and again after forest what the hell are we playing Ojo for!? He looks so lightweight and never takes a pvlayer on. I see a lot of people slagging of Hoilett but I like him. The problem is ojo is terrible and our new passing play is far too slow at times and so keiffer gets no service. Not judging Harris after last year but starting to look worrying

Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:10 pm

castleblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Hoilett is past it.

I agree and NH can thank his lucky stars our fans have not been in the stadium for these first two home games because he would have been on the receiving end of a barrage of abuse. Our fans can deal with losing but today and against Wednesday our team has been outfought in both matches.

Question for me is how many games as NH got :?

Good question probably until it looks as if we may be out of top 6 contention... the point really is with no crowd in stadium players got it easy? The guy in tv likened it to a training game and was probably right

Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:37 pm

It was a hard watch today and I’m not just talking about the shit position of the stadium camera with half the picture in the dark or the worlds worse commentator.
While I’m moaning what was the point of asking us to take our flags down the ground to stick them at the back of the Canton where they can’t be seen. Yet a huge flag with ‘no interest’ is on show behind the goals (although that does sum up some of our players.)

Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:43 pm

Three games into the season.

One decent half of football (first half v Forest)

Five halves where we look more like relegation candidates than top 6