Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wales fans attacked

Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:47 pm

Just got message off the FSF reps out there...here is the message...

One fan in hospital, hit in the face by a brick,Home made spear was hurled into Welsh end hitting Welsh fan in the leg...Burning Flares, bottles and missiles thrown at Welsh fans before game...just before game over 80 Monteneran fans broke through police lines attacking Welsh fans and fighting broke out....now the game has ended they have to get out of there...not sounding good at all....will see if I can get an update...later

Re: Wales fans attacked

Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:49 pm

there is no need for that they have one the game what else do they want twats :evil:

Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:50 pm

corky wrote:Just got message off the FSF reps out there...here is the message...

One fan in hospital, hit in the face by a brick,Home made spear was hurled into Welsh end hitting Welsh fan in the leg...Burning Flares, bottles and missiles thrown at Welsh fans before game...just before game over 80 Monteneran fans broke through police lines attacking Welsh fans and fighting broke out....now the game has ended they have to get out of there...not sounding good at all....will see if I can get an update...later

Cheers Corks, fingers crossed for all concerned. :( :(

Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:54 pm

cheers corky.

from the handful of times wales fans were shown, it looked like alot of families out there :twisted:

Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:05 pm

Lets hope they all make it home safe and sound

Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:06 pm

oh shit, hope they all are ok

Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:08 pm

tht is ridiculous, hope every1 is ok :(

Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:10 pm

Twats hope all our fans are okay :(

Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:13 pm

always dodgy in these eastern european countrys

Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:15 pm

lets hope they all get home safely

Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:16 pm

how too make a night worse, now they cant chill out and have a drink, they will be on edge.

bloody foreigners

Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:58 pm

Noticed 2nd half all police/security by the welsh fans during 2nd half

Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:05 pm

Some are saying there was no trouble but my mates are there working for the FSF and get informed of any trouble or injuries and they are saying that it was bad before the game.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:40 pm

Ok, just heard from the authorities out there and they are saying that a large group of Welsh fans were attacked and it was unprovoked. not all Welsh fans would have been affected...there were no risk groups of Cardiff City fans in Montenegro or from any club side for that matter, just the normal loyal Welsh fans out for a good time and no trouble...the guy who was injured is ok and everything was quiet now.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:45 pm

corky wrote:Ok, just heard from the authorities out there and they are saying that a large group of Welsh fans were attacked and it was unprovoked. not all Welsh fans would have been affected...there were no risk groups of Cardiff City fans in Montenegro or from any club side for that matter, just the normal loyal Welsh fans out for a good time and no trouble...the guy who was injured is ok and everything was quiet now.

thanks for the update corky :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:46 pm

Thanks corky good news hope they all get home safe :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:54 pm

Greek by any other name....not a good night all round. Shame on Montenogro!! :x :x

Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:58 pm

I nearly went to this one to. :(

Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:59 am

Wonder if the same fans attacking the Welsh will turn up in Cardiff for the return leg ..

Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:00 am

cheers for the news corky and the updates , lets all hope there is nothing else instore on route home

Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:41 am

corky wrote:Just got message off the FSF reps out there...here is the message...

Awful news but keep up the good work - someone out there will have mobile Internet and all these posts will be surprisingly welcome out there.

Corky and the rest of the FSF - you all do an incredible job for fans away. I hope a lot more fans now see this sort of thing, register with the FSF and get involved themselves.

Took me a while to turn off their blydi Free Lions updates mind!

Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:19 am

Done many away trips to these Eastern European countries with ENgland such as Belarus, Russia, Croatia and is always like a throw back to the 80s

Unfortunately these countries dont seem to move forward in any shape

Hope the fans are ok

The one game in the group I am not looking forward to going to as England will take greater numbers and am sure there will want a slice of us !

Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:22 am

I hope fifa come down heavy on them, i'm sure if this happened in wales there would be an up roar....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:14 am

Hope everyone is ok! The only thing the welsh fans who travel to the games want is to watch the game and have fun not to get spears thrown at them! Fifa should be getting involved!

Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:30 am

all these countries like switizland next month are all having thier hoolie 80's days now!

Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:33 am

any more news? was everyone ok?

Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:44 am

TREV wrote:all these countries like switizland next month are all having thier hoolie 80's days now!

Yep, and it doesn't help that some of City's more infamous moments are plastered all over youtube. If some of these east European idiots have seen it, and most of them will have at some point, and know that there will be City fans following Wales, then they will see our fans as fair game. They're just cowards, though, by attacking families.

I hope everyone made it home safe and sound

Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:02 am

chris_1927 wrote:Wonder if the same fans attacking the Welsh will turn up in Cardiff for the return leg ..

no the hoolies out there are probably just working class men and wont be able to afford to come over

Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:52 pm

A bit like going to Newcastle i suppiose :shock: :shock:

Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:08 pm

Dobbin wrote:Done many away trips to these Eastern European countries with ENgland such as Belarus, Russia, Croatia and is always like a throw back to the 80s

Unfortunately these countries dont seem to move forward in any shape

Hope the fans are ok

The one game in the group I am not looking forward to going to as England will take greater numbers and am sure there will want a slice of us !

You've got a point there. Most countrys see all the UK as one and the same who are just after several bites of the cherry. To those idiots Wales and Scotland are "somewhere in England".

I think it's a safe bet that when England go there they'll have a bigger welcoming commitee. Any England fans thinking of taking their kids need to stay at home I think. Trouble is as well they'll kick off and then sit back and watch the England fans take all the blame afterwards.