Drakeford being outdone Sturgon

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Bluebina » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:11 pm

Wow shutting pubs for two weeks, what will the King of caution come back with?

I predict some stricter measures coming?
Bluebina

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Drakeford being outdone Sturgon

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:27 pm

Dripford not to be outdone will shut pubs for 15 days
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby davids » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:03 pm

Wales in full lockdown until 2038.

You heard it here first.
davids

Postby Bluebina » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:25 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Dripford not to be outdone will shut pubs for 15 days

:laughing6: probably say three weeks
Bluebina

Postby Whistler » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:36 am

Maybe " Dripford" as you call him, may well be a little more appropriate than the people in charge across the UK. If anyone noticed the new cases figure being quoted in other parts of the UK, makes the figures for Wales look very good. I would hope that Caerphilly will be released from special measures very soon. See figures below (per 100,000 people):
Newcastle 435....... Merthyr 192
Liverpool 487....... Cardiff 114
Manchester 529....... Caerphilly 51

The figures tell their own story so maybe Dripford is not as bad as you make out, early initial caution could prove key to early release
FOOD FOR THOUGHT :old:
Whistler

Postby Jock » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:46 am

No w ay shouldCovid be a devolved Government issue.
Jock

Postby Bluebina » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:54 am

Jock wrote:No w ay shouldCovid be a devolved Government issue.

Agreed, petty political points scoring, Sturgen just shafted Boris by bringing restrictions in pubs a few days before he was going to do it!
Bluebina

Postby davids » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:36 am

Whistler wrote:Maybe " Dripford" as you call him, may well be a little more appropriate than the people in charge across the UK. If anyone noticed the new cases figure being quoted in other parts of the UK, makes the figures for Wales look very good. I would hope that Caerphilly will be released from special measures very soon. See figures below (per 100,000 people):

The figures tell their own story so maybe Dripford is not as bad as you make out, early initial caution could prove key to early release

Do you honestly think Caerphilly or any other part of Wales currently under "local" lockdown is going to be released from "special measures very soon"?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Absolutely no chance.
davids

Postby welshrarebit » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:18 pm

We are in this for the long haul. Drakeford has no intention of easing it off sadly.
welshrarebit

Postby BLUE54 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:48 pm

Caerphilly's figures for the past 2 weeks have been on average 12 cases per day,(down to 6 I believe on Tuesday), meaning the 100,000 figure had dropped down to 45/100,000. Yesterday's figure, which is the day before reviews are done was amazingly 25, elevating the figure above the seemingly magical 50/100,000. Coincidentally EVERY area's case numbers increased yesterday too. Don't see any restrictions being relaxed anytime soon.
BLUE54

Postby BLUE54 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:09 pm

Caerphilly now 39 new cases today, sending rate up to 61/100,000!! The restrictions don't seem to be having the required effect now, are people becoming complacent or just had enough or just don't care anymore?
BLUE54

Postby welshrarebit » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:38 pm

Had enough I’d say.

Look I’m happy to wear masks and alcohol gel everywhere. But we MUST find ways to live with this. We can not mothball society. I miss going to the football. I miss going to the cinema. I miss just wandering around town and browsing the shops. Most of all I miss being free to pop to see my family.

Yes it’s a horrible virus. No I don’t want it. But we must be able to find ways to make society work. Mass house arrest isn’t the answer imho.
welshrarebit

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:39 pm

Whistler wrote:Maybe " Dripford" as you call him, may well be a little more appropriate than the people in charge across the UK. If anyone noticed the new cases figure being quoted in other parts of the UK, makes the figures for Wales look very good. I would hope that Caerphilly will be released from special measures very soon. See figures below (per 100,000 people):

The overall figures for Wales as a whole during the full period of the pandemic are no better than any other region of the UK. Baring in mind we are a very rural Country with lots of open spaces and no overcrowded huge cities with all-the extra problems that brings.
We were also in lockdown longer than any of the other U.K. Countries and had more restrictions put on us and that obviously hasn’t worked

Dripford and his cronies have not handled the crisis very well at all. The restrictions and handling of a major pandemic is not a job for a devolved government
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Bluebina » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:35 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

The overall figures for Wales as a whole during the full period of the pandemic are no better than any other region of the UK. Baring in mind we are a very rural Country with lots of open spaces and no overcrowded huge cities with all-the extra problems that brings.
We were also in lockdown longer than any of the other U.K. Countries and had more restrictions put on us and that obviously hasn’t worked

Dripford and his cronies have not handled the crisis very well at all. The restrictions and handling of a major pandemic is not a job for a devolved government

Us Welsh love a beer, it's the boozy trips to the pub that have added to the spread in Wales I would guess.

Sadly we probably would see a reduction if we shut the pubs, although half may still meet up in each others houses, half wouldn't bother, so I think that's what dopey will do next!
Bluebina

Postby castleblue » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:57 pm

BLUE54 wrote:Caerphilly now 39 new cases today, sending rate up to 61/100,000!! The restrictions don't seem to be having the required effect now, are people becoming complacent or just had enough or just don't care anymore?

25 yesterday and 39 today no way will the Drakeford tool offer any relaxation in restrictions even though blocking peoples freedom of movement is the strictest in the UK. What he won't do however is accept any responsibility for the spike in cases at Senghenydd Rugby Club, 25 relating to the evening of 26th September 2 days after Drakeford forced closure at 10pm. This Rugby club has been open for weeks with little or no concern.

Same thing has happened at 2 clubs in Blaengarw with a spike in cases relating to the evening of 26th September.

Drakeford, like Boris, could offer no scientific evidence to prove that closing pubs / clubs at 10pm would reduce the risk of infection, events are showing not just in Wales that this "Special Measure" may be creating a bigger problem.

The same goes with imprisoning people in their local authority are, I'm an inmate in HMP Drakeford A.K.A Caerphilly, despite there being no scientific evidence to show it reduces infections.

At the most important time in the last 70 years we are left with Johnson and Drakeford who in my opinion totally out of their depth.

I'm thinking about moving to Belarus at least Lukashenko gives you the freedom to travel around.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby Bluebina » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:39 pm

castleblue wrote:
BLUE54 wrote:Caerphilly now 39 new cases today, sending rate up to 61/100,000!! The restrictions don't seem to be having the required effect now, are people becoming complacent or just had enough or just don't care anymore?

25 yesterday and 39 today no way will the Drakeford tool offer any relaxation in restrictions even though blocking peoples freedom of movement is the strictest in the UK. What he won't do however is accept any responsibility for the spike in cases at Senghenydd Rugby Club, 25 relating to the evening of 26th September 2 days after Drakeford forced closure at 10pm. This Rugby club has been open for weeks with little or no concern.

Same thing has happened at 2 clubs in Blaengarw with a spike in cases relating to the evening of 26th September.

Drakeford, like Boris, could offer no scientific evidence to prove that closing pubs / clubs at 10pm would reduce the risk of infection, events are showing not just in Wales that this "Special Measure" may be creating a bigger problem.

The same goes with imprisoning people in their local authority are, I'm an inmate in HMP Drakeford A.K.A Caerphilly, despite there being no scientific evidence to show it reduces infections.

At the most important time in the last 70 years we are left with Johnson and Drakeford who in my opinion totally out of their depth.

I'm thinking about moving to Belarus at least Lukashenko gives you the freedom to travel around.

I still think the movement is to reduce the chances of it spreading to Pembroke, as thousands of people in Cardiff and surrounding areas own caravans and holiday homes in that area, and many people also stay in hotels and B&B.

As a result the pembrokeshire tourist industry there is suffering very badly.
Bluebina

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:35 pm

More Covid in Westminster than Caerphilly or Vale of Glamorgan.
Attachments
Screenshot_20201008-183127.png
Screenshot_20201008-183127.png (132.5 KiB) Viewed 4005 times
Screenshot_20201008-183111.png
Screenshot_20201008-183111.png (133.83 KiB) Viewed 4005 times
Screenshot_20201008-183041.png
Screenshot_20201008-183041.png (136.22 KiB) Viewed 4005 times
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby davids » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:49 am

davids wrote:

Do you honestly think Caerphilly or any other part of Wales currently under "local" lockdown is going to be released from "special measures very soon"?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Absolutely no chance.

Caerphilly to stay in lockdown for at least another seven days say WAG - what a surprise!

Then another seven days. Then another. And so on. For Caerphilly and every other locked down area of Wales.

Lockdown working an absolute treat Drakeford - great work! :thumbup: :thumbup:
davids

Postby Crayfish » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:27 pm

I just hope it is becoming apparent even to the dimmest of people that lockdowns are useless. We have had a four month national lockdown and covid is back. The fact is no matter how harsh and long the lockdown is covid will come back as soon as it is over. It is utterly irresponsible to destroy the lives of millions of people to prolong the lives of almost exclusively frail people in their eighties. We need to allow everyone under the age of sixty to go about their buisness as usual and get the elderly and vulnerable to isolate until their is a vacine or heard immunity. Thankfully some very senior scientists are starting to realise this and are not frightened to make the point. The average age of people who have died is eighty two and the large majority of them have had serious health problems.The vast majority of young people who get it don't even have any symptoms. Herd immunity isn't just one solution to the problem in the absence of a vacine it is the only solution if we are not to have endless economy destroying lockdowns.
Crayfish

Postby skidemin » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:35 pm

the required effect ..? the only evidence that exists of previous lockdowns is the one from March.... cases and deaths did not drop they quadrupled.....877 cases the day we locked down...7800 17 days later...and eventually got back to the number where we locked down 3 months later......was the eventual drop down to lockdown or the fact that it was summer which id historically when viruses are at the least harmful ?
skidemin

Postby piledriver64 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:18 pm

I’m no fan of how Drakeford has dealt with this, particularly the bizarre thinking behind the travel ban.

However, at the moment, in terms of infection rate he’s clearly outperforming all the other U.K. nations. We do seem to be keeping a lid on it compared to the NW of England and central Scotland.

A lot can change but right now it looks like I, and a few others on here, maybe eating humble pie when it comes to criticising his efforts !!
piledriver64

Postby piledriver64 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:24 pm

Bluebina wrote:
castleblue wrote:

I still think the movement is to reduce the chances of it spreading to Pembroke, as thousands of people in Cardiff and surrounding areas own caravans and holiday homes in that area, and many people also stay in hotels and B&B.

That is the reason for the travel ban but actually that part doesn’t add up. There was no spike in Pembrokeshire, Ceredigion or other holiday areas after the ban was released in July and August and it was busier on those months than a normal year.

The big spikes in Cardiff and the valleys are down to a massive influx of students and 80,000+ commuters into Cardiff every day.

As I keep saying, it’s not how far or where you travel it’s what you do when you get to your destination. If you still observe social distancing and hygiene guidance there is minimal risk.
piledriver64

Postby JulesK » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:29 pm

Less people = Less cases.
Captain Chaos and his cronies have dismantled Welsh society with their off the cuff decisions, WTF is all this wait for Sturgeon and do as she does and then throw criticism at Westminster every opportunity !!

Careful Labour as you are playing into the hands of the separatists.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby blue lagoon » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:38 pm

The problem is not Drakeford or Borris. It's fu.... people thinking they know better and saying fu.. the rules.

Selfish world im afraid and we are doomed cause of the materialistic riches we have built our zombie lives upon.

If you are young you've got a chance but your Grandparents or Parents are looking down the barrel unless attitudes change.
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE!
blue lagoon

Postby skidemin » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:58 pm

piledriver64 wrote:I’m no fan of how Drakeford has dealt with this, particularly the bizarre thinking behind the travel ban.

However, at the moment, in terms of infection rate he’s clearly outperforming all the other U.K. nations. We do seem to be keeping a lid on it compared to the NW of England and central Scotland.

A lot can change but right now it looks like I, and a few others on here, maybe eating humble pie when it comes to criticising his efforts !!

your assuming here these restrictions will benefit long term... im not saying thats not correct but there is no evidence of it..
what there is evidence of is that as restrictions are eased more get infected.and areas that are now having the highest infections are not the same ones as were previously the high infection areas....its happened everywhere.. locking down made some sense when the line was to protect the NHS and to flatten the curve { both long forgotten } assuming correctly that people would get infected but trying to suppress the numbers to a level that could be dealt with... so is it a case of just bottling it up to be released in the future ? if so, it really could backfire
skidemin

Postby castleblue » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:05 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
castleblue wrote:

That is the reason for the travel ban but actually that part doesn’t add up. There was no spike in Pembrokeshire, Ceredigion or other holiday areas after the ban was released in July and August and it was busier on those months than a normal year.

The big spikes in Cardiff and the valleys are down to a massive influx of students and 80,000+ commuters into Cardiff every day.

As I keep saying, it’s not how far or where you travel it’s what you do when you get to your destination. If you still observe social distancing and hygiene guidance there is minimal risk.

Caerphilly had another 37 cases today and 7 day rolling average(only up until 6th October) is over 70/100,000 so in my opinion it will be at least 2 weeks before any chance of easing Drakefords "Special Measures". Today Drakeford said we are not seeing evidence in Wales that Hospitality is contributing to the increase in cases. Well in the last week in the Caerphilly Borough 3 improvement notices have been served on businesses in Caerphilly, 1 Private Club, 1 Restaurant and 1 Hairdressers, all relating to failing regarding social distancing. A further 2 were issued closure notices, both in the same village, 1 a pub and the other a private club, both were showing little regard for the Covid regulations. One was even allowing people from different households to sit at tables marked not to be used.

Now Drakeford has no problem giving "Top Level" figures to justify his decisions but look for detail below that, things like which area were the cases, in what setting or age groups etc. he has that details shut tighter than a ducks arse.

Today the situation in Nottingham was mentioned as it's considered "Covid Central" in the UK, so I went on to the Nottingham Council Website and looked at the Covid information they publish. Compared to Drakefords Wales it's a revelation. Over 1600 cases in the last week 667 in the University Halls Of Residence with High numbers in the areas surrounding the campus. They have details of every town, village or ward in the Borough area, they also have detail by type of test and age group. Talk about transparency it's fantastic and the people who live in that area are being kept fully informed. Drakeford is treating us like Mushrooms in comparison.

My grandaughter is in Uni at Exeter and the lastest PHE info today says there have been 502 record cases in the last week in the Council Area. Exeter Uni have sent my grandaughter an email today saying of those 502 cases over 80% relate directly to the university either in the halls of residence or in housing around the University Campus. I wonder how many of the cases in Cardiff can be traced to the University :?

In England people are being treated like adults Drakeford well :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
castleblue

Postby skidemin » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:49 pm

Crayfish wrote:I just hope it is becoming apparent even to the dimmest of people that lockdowns are useless. We have had a four month national lockdown and covid is back. The fact is no matter how harsh and long the lockdown is covid will come back as soon as it is over. It is utterly irresponsible to destroy the lives of millions of people to prolong the lives of almost exclusively frail people in their eighties. We need to allow everyone under the age of sixty to go about their buisness as usual and get the elderly and vulnerable to isolate until their is a vacine or heard immunity. Thankfully some very senior scientists are starting to realise this and are not frightened to make the point. The average age of people who have died is eighty two and the large majority of them have had serious health problems.The vast majority of young people who get it don't even have any symptoms. Herd immunity isn't just one solution to the problem in the absence of a vacine it is the only solution if we are not to have endless economy destroying lockdowns.

it hasnt become apparent.. people are bombarded with figures in their thousands and therefore just accept...
skidemin

Postby robjohn » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:09 am

Bluebina wrote:Wow shutting pubs for two weeks, what will the King of caution come back with?

isnt it strange how the leader of the snp hates the scottish people ?

they are all cut from the same cloth trudeau hates canadians , we have a generation of nannying leaders who hate their own population
robjohn

Postby Bluebina » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:04 pm

castleblue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Caerphilly had another 37 cases today and 7 day rolling average(only up until 6th October) is over 70/100,000 so in my opinion it will be at least 2 weeks before any chance of easing Drakefords "Special Measures". Today Drakeford said we are not seeing evidence in Wales that Hospitality is contributing to the increase in cases. Well in the last week in the Caerphilly Borough 3 improvement notices have been served on businesses in Caerphilly, 1 Private Club, 1 Restaurant and 1 Hairdressers, all relating to failing regarding social distancing. A further 2 were issued closure notices, both in the same village, 1 a pub and the other a private club, both were showing little regard for the Covid regulations. One was even allowing people from different households to sit at tables marked not to be used.

Now Drakeford has no problem giving "Top Level" figures to justify his decisions but look for detail below that, things like which area were the cases, in what setting or age groups etc. he has that details shut tighter than a ducks arse.

Today the situation in Nottingham was mentioned as it's considered "Covid Central" in the UK, so I went on to the Nottingham Council Website and looked at the Covid information they publish. Compared to Drakefords Wales it's a revelation. Over 1600 cases in the last week 667 in the University Halls Of Residence with High numbers in the areas surrounding the campus. They have details of every town, village or ward in the Borough area, they also have detail by type of test and age group. Talk about transparency it's fantastic and the people who live in that area are being kept fully informed. Drakeford is treating us like Mushrooms in comparison.

My grandaughter is in Uni at Exeter and the lastest PHE info today says there have been 502 record cases in the last week in the Council Area. Exeter Uni have sent my grandaughter an email today saying of those 502 cases over 80% relate directly to the university either in the halls of residence or in housing around the University Campus. I wonder how many of the cases in Cardiff can be traced to the University :?

In England people are being treated like adults Drakeford well :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Thats a good point, university Cities are seeing a massive increase, new youngsters from all over the Country, and the World away from their parents for the first time, doing the opposite of distancing, transporting the virus in and spreading it like wildfire!

It's obviously then going to spread into the surrounding areas, and eventually spread (or bleed as Van-Tam says) into the elderly, and result in increased hospital admissions and eventually deaths. Students will be the first group in the UK to have heard immunity, they can't be that far off now, it's a pity they weren't all campass style, where they could have allowed it to happen and not spread out into the community.
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:12 pm

Bluebina wrote:Wow shutting pubs for two weeks, what will the King of caution come back with?

Interesting to see what he does come up with he's taking his time, he's been threatening Boris today with his little letter like a tin pot dictator, and Boris is just ignoring him :laughing6:

This petty points scoring is pathetic, and could have long term ramifications for the Welsh if Boris holds a grudge when all this is over.
Bluebina

Next

Return to General Chat