Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

Re: Drakeford being outdone Sturgon

Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:44 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Bluebina wrote:Wow shutting pubs for two weeks, what will the King of caution come back with?

I predict some stricter measures coming?

Interesting to see what he does come up with he's taking his time, he's been threatening Boris today with his little letter like a tin pot dictator, and Boris is just ignoring him :laughing6:

This petty points scoring is pathetic, and could have long term ramifications for the Welsh if Boris holds a grudge when all this is over.

While in England, labour demand a full circuit breaker lockdown - they've shown their cards at last! - f**k the economy - And as everyone's not working raid the magic money tree for more furloughs and compensation for business's.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... on-england

Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:58 pm

Bluebina wrote:
castleblue wrote:
BLUE54 wrote:Caerphilly now 39 new cases today, sending rate up to 61/100,000!! The restrictions don't seem to be having the required effect now, are people becoming complacent or just had enough or just don't care anymore?

25 yesterday and 39 today no way will the Drakeford tool offer any relaxation in restrictions even though blocking peoples freedom of movement is the strictest in the UK. What he won't do however is accept any responsibility for the spike in cases at Senghenydd Rugby Club, 25 relating to the evening of 26th September 2 days after Drakeford forced closure at 10pm. This Rugby club has been open for weeks with little or no concern.

Same thing has happened at 2 clubs in Blaengarw with a spike in cases relating to the evening of 26th September.

Drakeford, like Boris, could offer no scientific evidence to prove that closing pubs / clubs at 10pm would reduce the risk of infection, events are showing not just in Wales that this "Special Measure" may be creating a bigger problem.

The same goes with imprisoning people in their local authority are, I'm an inmate in HMP Drakeford A.K.A Caerphilly, despite there being no scientific evidence to show it reduces infections.

At the most important time in the last 70 years we are left with Johnson and Drakeford who in my opinion totally out of their depth.

I'm thinking about moving to Belarus at least Lukashenko gives you the freedom to travel around.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I still think the movement is to reduce the chances of it spreading to Pembroke, as thousands of people in Cardiff and surrounding areas own caravans and holiday homes in that area, and many people also stay in hotels and B&B.

As a result the pembrokeshire tourist industry there is suffering very badly.

im sure Allan said its been busy down there

Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:15 pm

skidemin wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
castleblue wrote:
BLUE54 wrote:Caerphilly now 39 new cases today, sending rate up to 61/100,000!! The restrictions don't seem to be having the required effect now, are people becoming complacent or just had enough or just don't care anymore?

25 yesterday and 39 today no way will the Drakeford tool offer any relaxation in restrictions even though blocking peoples freedom of movement is the strictest in the UK. What he won't do however is accept any responsibility for the spike in cases at Senghenydd Rugby Club, 25 relating to the evening of 26th September 2 days after Drakeford forced closure at 10pm. This Rugby club has been open for weeks with little or no concern.

Same thing has happened at 2 clubs in Blaengarw with a spike in cases relating to the evening of 26th September.

Drakeford, like Boris, could offer no scientific evidence to prove that closing pubs / clubs at 10pm would reduce the risk of infection, events are showing not just in Wales that this "Special Measure" may be creating a bigger problem.

The same goes with imprisoning people in their local authority are, I'm an inmate in HMP Drakeford A.K.A Caerphilly, despite there being no scientific evidence to show it reduces infections.

At the most important time in the last 70 years we are left with Johnson and Drakeford who in my opinion totally out of their depth.

I'm thinking about moving to Belarus at least Lukashenko gives you the freedom to travel around.

I still think the movement is to reduce the chances of it spreading to Pembroke, as thousands of people in Cardiff and surrounding areas own caravans and holiday homes in that area, and many people also stay in hotels and B&B.

I did! in fact it as been at least twice as busy as a normal summer season ... its gone quiet now only get older people here at this time year until half term, but suspect pubs and alike will suffer badly come half term as east wales is in lockdown so no visitors from there... but suspect get normal gang from Midlands/london visiting their holiday homes here in st davids and surrounding areas? as of other day no covid cases in local hospital although cases are rising from what I gather ....

Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:36 am

Bluebina wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Bluebina wrote:Wow shutting pubs for two weeks, what will the King of caution come back with?

Interesting to see what he does come up with he's taking his time, he's been threatening Boris today with his little letter like a tin pot dictator, and Boris is just ignoring him :laughing6:

This petty points scoring is pathetic, and could have long term ramifications for the Welsh if Boris holds a grudge when all this is over.

While in England, labour demand a full circuit breaker lockdown - they've shown their cards at last! - f**k the economy - And as everyone's not working raid the magic money tree for more furloughs and compensation for business's.

We have some people who think destroying peoples lives will bring down the government labour are now anti working class and some want to win at any cost.
More interested in gender and race politics now as thats what the elites care about .

Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:47 am

skidemin wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Yes terrible start, then flat our summer, now cancellations and a terrible Autumn and Winter, my mates got a business in Tenby.

Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:56 am

robjohn wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

We have some people who think destroying peoples lives will bring down the government labour are now anti working class and some want to win at any cost.
More interested in gender and race politics now as thats what the elites care about .

we have a lot of people who see the economy and peoples jobs as of zero importance.. along with everything else... and the lies they keep on coming.. i read a report yesterday claiming most that have died of covid would have lived another 10 years...despite the average age of covid deaths being 82.4 years.. suppose its good news really as theyve c;learly found cures for cancer, heart disease and pretty much everything else..

Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:17 am

Bluebina wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Yes terrible start, then flat our summer, now cancellations and a terrible Autumn and Winter, my mates got a business in Tenby.

Hospitality is going down the pan in most parts here especially if put national restrictions in place..... it's not as bad here as get lots walkers and pilgrims! but places like tenby have people just having a break no good if cant access pubs cafes ect..... be interesting to see what survives to open next year.? I know here businesses should be ok as amount of tourists was double or more the norm for summer and
season lasted longer ...

Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Hospitality is going down the pan in most parts here especially if put national restrictions in place..... it's not as bad here as get lots walkers and pilgrims! but places like tenby have people just having a break no good if cant access pubs cafes ect..... be interesting to see what survives to open next year.? I know here businesses should be ok as amount of tourists was double or more the norm for summer and
season lasted longer ...

Yes it depends on the business, if you've got a hotel with all ten rooms booked every summer the extra visitors won't have made a difference, but instead of having six rooms booked now they are down to one or two, it becomes a disaster, where as a pub might have done twice as many meals ad drinks?

Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:54 pm

Jock wrote:No w ay shouldCovid be a devolved Government issue.

The Irish have done a tier 5 plus lockdown, shutting schools for an extra week after half term and shutting pubs for a month, I hate the idea of pubs closing but proper drinking pisshead pubs probably have added to the spread, it's a shame all others will have to be shut also?

I suppose we will hear from Drakeford with his lockdown by the weekend?

Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:19 pm

Bluebina wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
castleblue wrote:

season lasted longer ...

Yes it depends on the business, if you've got a hotel with all ten rooms booked every summer the extra visitors won't have made a difference, but instead of having six rooms booked now they are down to one or two, it becomes a disaster, where as a pub might have done twice as many meals ad drinks?

Busy today with the sun out and that i :| s usually the theme better the weather the more people come out! But guess we will be dead now got the drakeford lockout in place... :o

Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:14 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Jock wrote:No w ay shouldCovid be a devolved Government issue.

The Irish have done a tier 5 plus lockdown, shutting schools for an extra week after half term and shutting pubs for a month, I hate the idea of pubs closing but proper drinking pisshead pubs probably have added to the spread, it's a shame all others will have to be shut also?

I suppose we will hear from Drakeford with his lockdown by the weekend?

If not sooner.

Will only be one tier in Wales though - total "circuit breaker" lockdown.

And there'll be no two week limit for our man - oh no. It'll be a month to start with and then "reviewed" every three weeks thereafter, at which time they'll be extended for another three weeks and so on. Like the local lockdowns once we're in there will be no coming out just more and more restrictions added until next summer at the earliest would be my guess - at which time the infections will start to rise again and back we go to square one.

Hopefully by then enough people will have had enough of Drakeford and his "look at me, look at me" power trip and removed him, Gethin and the other political midgets who have become far too self important over the past few months and as somebody who has always tended towards more socialist beliefs it pains me to see what these clowns are doing to the people of the country they unfortunately represent.

Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:24 pm

castleblue wrote:

Good idea.

I'm thinking of moving to somewhere where the citizens have more freedom than we do in Wales.

China perhaps - or maybe North Korea.

Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:07 pm

About time ALL 4 Nations started to work together :o

Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:40 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:About time ALL 4 Nations started to work together :o

100% we should, but Drakeford and Krankie are stiring things up, and playing petty politics for their own pathetic importance!

Imagine if Boris banned people from Wales visiting England there would uproar!!!

We are basically saying the English can feck off, we don't need your money right now.

This will set the Welsh tourist board back many years and cost extra hospitality jobs long term.

Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:48 am

Bluebina wrote:

100% we should, but Drakeford and Krankie are stiring things up, and playing petty politics for their own pathetic importance!

Imagine if Boris banned people from Wales visiting England there would uproar!!!

We are basically saying the English can feck off, we don't need your money right now.

This will set the Welsh tourist board back many years and cost extra hospitality jobs long term.

Not just tourism in Wales which will be decimated but so many other jobs an industries too.

The problem is that unless you're infected with Covid, in hospital with Covid or dead from Covid the WAG couldn't give a shit about you.

Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:19 pm

People will alwaus moan what ever these leaders do. As a country and nation we have lost our way. Stiff upper lip is now quivering.

Snowflakes fu.... everywhere.

As a country , same as America our fat ,obese and unhealthy life has caught up with us.

Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:43 pm

davids wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Not just tourism in Wales which will be decimated but so many other jobs an industries too.

The problem is that unless you're infected with Covid, in hospital with Covid or dead from Covid the WAG couldn't give a shit about you.

Circuit break Friday for two weeks it looks like then almost everything shut

Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:08 pm

Bluebina wrote:
davids wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Be interesting to see what he does if infections don't come down? Hes doing this to do so but that leaves him open to problems if cases are still going up......

Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:33 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
davids wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Be interesting to see what he does if infections don't come down? Hes doing this to do so but that leaves him open to problems if cases are still going up......

He'll just keep extending the "circuit breaker" for as long as he fancies it.

On Friday he gave a press conference where he clearly stated that no decision had been made on the "circuit breaker" lockdown but Wales Online has today printed a leaked letter (can't do links sorry :old: ) dated last Friday which states that it has already been decided that a lockdown the same as in March will be imposed from6pm next Friday until 9th November.

Now, without wishing to make any allegations that could cause me or this board any legal problems, shall we just say that Mr Drakeford's comments on Friday could at the very least be considered misleading.

Should we not be able to expect absolute honesty and transparency from those making decisions which will affect all of us individually as well as the economy, education, physical and well being of the entire country these people purport to be leading?

If Mr Drakeford has indeed misled the Welsh public on this matter how can we believe that we are not being misled on other matters now or indeed in the past?

Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:06 pm

davids wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
davids wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

He'll just keep extending the "circuit breaker" for as long as he fancies it.

On Friday he gave a press conference where he clearly stated that no decision had been made on the "circuit breaker" lockdown but Wales Online has today printed a leaked letter (can't do links sorry :old: ) dated last Friday which states that it has already been decided that a lockdown the same as in March will be imposed from6pm next Friday until 9th November.

Now, without wishing to make any allegations that could cause me or this board any legal problems, shall we just say that Mr Drakeford's comments on Friday could at the very least be considered misleading.

Should we not be able to expect absolute honesty and transparency from those making decisions which will affect all of us individually as well as the economy, education, physical and well being of the entire country these people purport to be leading?

If Mr Drakeford has indeed misled the Welsh public on this matter how can we believe that we are not being misled on other matters now or indeed in the past?

Hes like all politicians very economic with the truth! Just like the expert advice/evidence he swears by but cannot give the evidence to back it up unless of course it suits his agenda.. :shock:

Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:06 pm

So I work part time in retail, and at the moment due to covid my wage has dropped by more than 50%. We were told if another lockdown happens we may aswell look for new jobs as the store won't survive another closure... With this circuit breaker, the shop will close as its not essential, will the Welsh government be paying us?

Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:30 pm

bluebird04 wrote:So I work part time in retail, and at the moment due to covid my wage has dropped by more than 50%. We were told if another lockdown happens we may aswell look for new jobs as the store won't survive another closure... With this circuit breaker, the shop will close as its not essential, will the Welsh government be paying us?

Don't be daft. They'll expect the Westminster government to pick up the tab.

WAG not interested in anything other than Covid. Not the Welsh economy, education, employment, mental health, cancelled hospital appointments, other causes of people dying, business failures, suicides.

If it's not Covid they couldn't give a shit.

Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:36 pm

davids wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:So I work part time in retail, and at the moment due to covid my wage has dropped by more than 50%. We were told if another lockdown happens we may aswell look for new jobs as the store won't survive another closure... With this circuit breaker, the shop will close as its not essential, will the Welsh government be paying us?

WAG not interested in anything other than Covid. Not the Welsh economy, education, employment, mental health, cancelled hospital appointments, other causes of people dying, business failures, suicides.

i assume living in his shed because his wife was shielding doesnt make him the best leader to be making decisions for us ALL to start with.. but it has become an unhealthy obsession with him , not just beating a virus :? but out performing Boris...
short term the lockdown was very damaging... longer term ? many places started to fill their order books/ diaries as we eased off... but will people be so quick to be making plans after this firebreak ends or will it be a case of not bothering just incase he ruins their plans again.?

Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:35 am

skidemin wrote:
davids wrote:

i assume living in his shed because his wife was shielding doesnt make him the best leader to be making decisions for us ALL to start with.. but it has become an unhealthy obsession with him , not just beating a virus :? but out performing Boris...
short term the lockdown was very damaging... longer term ? many places started to fill their order books/ diaries as we eased off... but will people be so quick to be making plans after this firebreak ends or will it be a case of not bothering just incase he ruins their plans again.?

I wonder if he'll be moving back into his shed for the next few weeks now that the weather's getting a bit colder?

It's a fair point though. Like all politicians Drakeford believes that what's right for him personally is good enough for everyone else. If only we all had his salary, ring fenced pension and private health care package.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:21 am

Dripford is a liar, a hypocrite and an absolute joke of a leader

We where originally in lockdown for longer than the rest of the U.K, had the most stringent rules and re-introduced local lockdown sooner than anyone else and still the infection rates are no better than the rest of the UK

Our hospitality and tourism industry is close to collapse and people’s mental health is suffering

His so called expert advisors supposedly advised against the wearing of masks when the whole of the rest of Europe was advised to wear them and they also said it would be a good idea to allow vulnerable hospital patients to return to care homes without being tested which resulted in hundreds of deaths

The WAG’s handling of the crisis has been abysmal and it should be disbanded as it is as complete waste of money and completely incompetent

Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:45 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Dripford is a liar, a hypocrite and an absolute joke of a leader

We where originally in lockdown for longer than the rest of the U.K, had the most stringent rules and re-introduced local lockdown sooner than anyone else and still the infection rates are no better than the rest of the UK

Our hospitality and tourism industry is close to collapse and people’s mental health is suffering

His so called expert advisors supposedly advised against the wearing of masks when the whole of the rest of Europe was advised to wear them and they also said it would be a good idea to allow vulnerable hospital patients to return to care homes without being tested which resulted in hundreds of deaths

The WAG’s handling of the crisis has been abysmal and it should be disbanded as it is as complete waste of money and completely incompetent

Agree with everything you say. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Post a reply