Asset stripping

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Asset stripping

Postby Escott1927 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Funny I never started this topic.
But certain posters have an obsession with me and bring me in on these topics delib and then blame me for them :lol:

I have tried to stay of them and don’t start Tan threads etc.

If a fan makes comments about the team rebuilding etc he is accused as being anti Tan, by the usual suspects.

It’s getting boring the usual suspects Jason and Neil only talk about Tan, Sam or anti forum posts, they can’t talk about other City stuff as they were never there .


Neil I am shocked by you as your the one who keeps these topics going and always try to include me.
Jason have an obsession in trying to bring the forum down and have tried before , so they can for me now join anothe forum :thumbright:


Pembroke Allan has followed me around for years and is like my shadow, but as soon as I ask him fact questions he disappears for a couple of days :lol: I take him with a pinch of salt .


The facts are there, Cardiff City have been off the field badly managed and a lot of the £200mill has been wasted, from the Rebrand, to having 6 CEO & & 10 managers in the last 11 yrs.

We now have a committee, who for 4 years are now responsible for everything and yet they burst out and say Warnock wasted £100 mill, bullshit.

Yes Warnock wasted money but like Malky who they also blamed brought in nearly £200mill.

They forget to tell you that their pet Ole wasted beyond, beyond and brought in zero.

I have not said Tan is asset stripping, yes he has been been clawing back all the money he has wasted and wants his £200mill back.


Very glad you didn’t say I was bringing the forum down Annis.

It’s you that clumps groups together as usual suspects.

When have I defended Ole ever? I have said his ridiculous, wasteful game of Football Manager he played with our club. I mean it was said at the time that we had the best ever championship squad because of his spending but they didn’t show that on the pitch. I certainly won’t criticise Warnock. He was class. Malky I will but mainly because he took our best chance of being a regular premier league side and wasted it. This was done the year before when he had money to spend and when we went up and had more money to spend. He spent far more over two years than the two teams who came up with us and they stayed up comfortably. I think that makes him a bad manager. I just wish Dave Jones or Warnock had that sort of money.

£200 million is mentioned yet has never been in the accounts as that number.

Tan is trying to make us debt free. If he is reducing costs to make that happen and make us sustainable isn’t that what we always wanted.

I never mention you in person yet you always do me and mostly in a negative manner although other times you say I’m fair. I do talk about other City stuff and being there or not being there isn’t really a thing is it? Not when you have the internet and friends who have season tickets. Now you live in Spain can you not talk about Cardiff?



how many years does this oh he is trying to make us debt free go on ...
who is the debt too and no it wasnt the managers fault..Harris cant just go out and spend what he wants..
7 years of TV money, hundreds of millions and we have spent most of it talking about debts to an owner..
why do the exact same people who will say it wasnt even his money about Sam borrowing then turn around and excuse Tan for borrowing 20 times as much..
and how do other clubs who have had no premier league TV cash manage?
oh and btw our club has put its full weight behind this anti football blackmail the top prem clubs want.. a smaller premier league with special status for some and no parachute payments..


As long as it takes for him to be able to afford to write off the debt and however long it takes for him to legally be allowed to do so, i guess. Additional spending will increase that debt but lack of transfers means the club have no ambition. Selling high earners who arnt in the managers plans will reduce the time it takes as well but that's tan asset striping and showing no ambition. People need to make up their minds whether they want the debt gone or if they want to gamble on promotion and potentially increase the debt further again.

I'm not a Tan hater but I'm not a massive fan either. The club has been poorly run financially since he's been here. 2 promotions and we've got f**k all to show it for it. An aging squad with very little sell on value and an academy that hasn't produced or scouted anything in over a decade. The buck stops with Tan as he signs all the cheques but oles spending set the club back years, financially. I think Tan has taken that on the chin with his pledge to make us debt free in a way that we still remain competitive. There's nothing stopping him from really stripping the club of its assets to get his money back.




No no, the Tan followers are missing the point, current debts are all Tans a fact.

11 yrs later, two promotions to the Premier League.

5 yrs is long enough, but 11 yrs later if posters were honest Tan 100% is responsible for all our current debts.


WE ARE TALKING ABOUT 11 YRS.


I said the club has been poorly run and that is down to Tan in the 2nd paragraph....



Sorry :thumbright: , I missed that, but I was mainly talking to Neil.



:thumbup:
Escott1927
 
Posts: 855
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am

Re: Asset stripping

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Asset stripping

Postby Always City » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:25 pm

We have a club called Cardiff City, we may disagree about owners, how its run, we all mean well in our own ways and we all want success for our club, the Bluebirds :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Always City
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:22 pm

Re: Asset stripping

Postby maccydee » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:45 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Funny I never started this topic.
But certain posters have an obsession with me and bring me in on these topics delib and then blame me for them :lol:

I have tried to stay of them and don’t start Tan threads etc.

If a fan makes comments about the team rebuilding etc he is accused as being anti Tan, by the usual suspects.

It’s getting boring the usual suspects Jason and Neil only talk about Tan, Sam or anti forum posts, they can’t talk about other City stuff as they were never there .


Neil I am shocked by you as your the one who keeps these topics going and always try to include me.
Jason have an obsession in trying to bring the forum down and have tried before , so they can for me now join anothe forum :thumbright:


Pembroke Allan has followed me around for years and is like my shadow, but as soon as I ask him fact questions he disappears for a couple of days :lol: I take him with a pinch of salt .


The facts are there, Cardiff City have been off the field badly managed and a lot of the £200mill has been wasted, from the Rebrand, to having 6 CEO & & 10 managers in the last 11 yrs.

We now have a committee, who for 4 years are now responsible for everything and yet they burst out and say Warnock wasted £100 mill, bullshit.

Yes Warnock wasted money but like Malky who they also blamed brought in nearly £200mill.

They forget to tell you that their pet Ole wasted beyond, beyond and brought in zero.

I have not said Tan is asset stripping, yes he has been been clawing back all the money he has wasted and wants his £200mill back.


Very glad you didn’t say I was bringing the forum down Annis.

It’s you that clumps groups together as usual suspects.

When have I defended Ole ever? I have said his ridiculous, wasteful game of Football Manager he played with our club. I mean it was said at the time that we had the best ever championship squad because of his spending but they didn’t show that on the pitch. I certainly won’t criticise Warnock. He was class. Malky I will but mainly because he took our best chance of being a regular premier league side and wasted it. This was done the year before when he had money to spend and when we went up and had more money to spend. He spent far more over two years than the two teams who came up with us and they stayed up comfortably. I think that makes him a bad manager. I just wish Dave Jones or Warnock had that sort of money.

£200 million is mentioned yet has never been in the accounts as that number.

Tan is trying to make us debt free. If he is reducing costs to make that happen and make us sustainable isn’t that what we always wanted.

I never mention you in person yet you always do me and mostly in a negative manner although other times you say I’m fair. I do talk about other City stuff and being there or not being there isn’t really a thing is it? Not when you have the internet and friends who have season tickets. Now you live in Spain can you not talk about Cardiff?



how many years does this oh he is trying to make us debt free go on ...
who is the debt too and no it wasnt the managers fault..Harris cant just go out and spend what he wants..
7 years of TV money, hundreds of millions and we have spent most of it talking about debts to an owner..
why do the exact same people who will say it wasnt even his money about Sam borrowing then turn around and excuse Tan for borrowing 20 times as much..
and how do other clubs who have had no premier league TV cash manage?
oh and btw our club has put its full weight behind this anti football blackmail the top prem clubs want.. a smaller premier league with special status for some and no parachute payments..


As long as it takes for him to be able to afford to write off the debt and however long it takes for him to legally be allowed to do so, i guess. Additional spending will increase that debt but lack of transfers means the club have no ambition. Selling high earners who arnt in the managers plans will reduce the time it takes as well but that's tan asset striping and showing no ambition. People need to make up their minds whether they want the debt gone or if they want to gamble on promotion and potentially increase the debt further again.

I'm not a Tan hater but I'm not a massive fan either. The club has been poorly run financially since he's been here. 2 promotions and we've got f**k all to show it for it. An aging squad with very little sell on value and an academy that hasn't produced or scouted anything in over a decade. The buck stops with Tan as he signs all the cheques but oles spending set the club back years, financially. I think Tan has taken that on the chin with his pledge to make us debt free in a way that we still remain competitive. There's nothing stopping him from really stripping the club of its assets to get his money back.




No no, the Tan followers are missing the point, current debts are all Tans a fact.

11 yrs later, two promotions to the Premier League.

5 yrs is long enough, but 11 yrs later if posters were honest Tan 100% is responsible for all our current debts.


WE ARE TALKING ABOUT 11 YRS.

And hes sorted his debt out by writing it off we were 60-80 million in debt when he arrived and we are the same now but we own our stadium fully own our own bars and catering in the stadium ,have a training base that we are not locked out of coz we oay our rent and have had our most successful period in our history, annis you got to let it go ,starting to cloud your judgement



We became that much in debt due to the Riddler who also sold all our players.

Wez, youve got to let it go, I dont start these topics, certain mates of yours on here delb to to drag me in every time, glad a couple have now gone for good and they failed to ruin the forum.

As to the New Stadium 100% not actually down to Tan was here when we arrived, the extra seating we had total grants, the Academy gone totally backwards from the day the Riddler took over.

The debt that now exists there is all of Tans making thats my point.

I havnt got mates in here anymore as I said to you on the weekend they all left due to the amounts of these types of threads ,the facts are tan sorted the clubs finances out ,sorted all the money owed on the stadium and has given the club its most successful period in our history, tbh this topic has been done to death and is getting a bit tiresome now ,I won't be commenting on them any more as its a waste of time


I’m your mate on here Wez.

And in response to Annis I don’t need to answer. Wez is rinsing you for me although I will add that Tan took us over when we were losing money and no income as Riddler had spent it all. Then stabilised the club but still losing loads. Then had a push for the prem while in red which he paid for out of his money no one else’s. Then after spending loads of money under Malky and Ole he changed us back to blue and tried to stabilise the finances and got loads of the wages off the wage bill. He was criticised for that. We are still losing money. More than before and that was Tan’s mistake.

Warnock then took over and got us up. He didn’t spend like he did first time we got promoted and he was heavily criticised.

If he spends he is criticised for debt, if he doesn’t he is criticised for lack of ambition. All by the usual suspects. Now he is being criticised for asset stripping.

He’s criticised whatever he does.

11 years as owner please tell me when has he had a chance to reduce the debt? When we go up the overheads go up as well as the incomings. We haven’t stayed up more than one season. That’s when we could really get a grip of the debt. But if we didn’t spend to sustain our place he would be criticised.

Hindsight is always used to criticise Tan and the committee. I don’t remember much issue with Reid and Murphy signing when we bought them. Amongst the best in the Championship.

Much like Wez I am also threaders with it.

I hope Tan sells to Sam and then we will see the club plummet.
maccydee
 
Posts: 7181
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: Asset stripping

Postby maccydee » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:50 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Funny I never started this topic.
But certain posters have an obsession with me and bring me in on these topics delib and then blame me for them :lol:

I have tried to stay of them and don’t start Tan threads etc.

If a fan makes comments about the team rebuilding etc he is accused as being anti Tan, by the usual suspects.

It’s getting boring the usual suspects Jason and Neil only talk about Tan, Sam or anti forum posts, they can’t talk about other City stuff as they were never there .


Neil I am shocked by you as your the one who keeps these topics going and always try to include me.
Jason have an obsession in trying to bring the forum down and have tried before , so they can for me now join anothe forum :thumbright:


Pembroke Allan has followed me around for years and is like my shadow, but as soon as I ask him fact questions he disappears for a couple of days :lol: I take him with a pinch of salt .


The facts are there, Cardiff City have been off the field badly managed and a lot of the £200mill has been wasted, from the Rebrand, to having 6 CEO & & 10 managers in the last 11 yrs.

We now have a committee, who for 4 years are now responsible for everything and yet they burst out and say Warnock wasted £100 mill, bullshit.

Yes Warnock wasted money but like Malky who they also blamed brought in nearly £200mill.

They forget to tell you that their pet Ole wasted beyond, beyond and brought in zero.

I have not said Tan is asset stripping, yes he has been been clawing back all the money he has wasted and wants his £200mill back.


Very glad you didn’t say I was bringing the forum down Annis.

It’s you that clumps groups together as usual suspects.

When have I defended Ole ever? I have said his ridiculous, wasteful game of Football Manager he played with our club. I mean it was said at the time that we had the best ever championship squad because of his spending but they didn’t show that on the pitch. I certainly won’t criticise Warnock. He was class. Malky I will but mainly because he took our best chance of being a regular premier league side and wasted it. This was done the year before when he had money to spend and when we went up and had more money to spend. He spent far more over two years than the two teams who came up with us and they stayed up comfortably. I think that makes him a bad manager. I just wish Dave Jones or Warnock had that sort of money.

£200 million is mentioned yet has never been in the accounts as that number.

Tan is trying to make us debt free. If he is reducing costs to make that happen and make us sustainable isn’t that what we always wanted.

I never mention you in person yet you always do me and mostly in a negative manner although other times you say I’m fair. I do talk about other City stuff and being there or not being there isn’t really a thing is it? Not when you have the internet and friends who have season tickets. Now you live in Spain can you not talk about Cardiff?



how many years does this oh he is trying to make us debt free go on ...
who is the debt too and no it wasnt the managers fault..Harris cant just go out and spend what he wants..
7 years of TV money, hundreds of millions and we have spent most of it talking about debts to an owner..
why do the exact same people who will say it wasnt even his money about Sam borrowing then turn around and excuse Tan for borrowing 20 times as much..
and how do other clubs who have had no premier league TV cash manage?
oh and btw our club has put its full weight behind this anti football blackmail the top prem clubs want.. a smaller premier league with special status for some and no parachute payments..


As long as it takes for him to be able to afford to write off the debt and however long it takes for him to legally be allowed to do so, i guess. Additional spending will increase that debt but lack of transfers means the club have no ambition. Selling high earners who arnt in the managers plans will reduce the time it takes as well but that's tan asset striping and showing no ambition. People need to make up their minds whether they want the debt gone or if they want to gamble on promotion and potentially increase the debt further again.

I'm not a Tan hater but I'm not a massive fan either. The club has been poorly run financially since he's been here. 2 promotions and we've got f**k all to show it for it. An aging squad with very little sell on value and an academy that hasn't produced or scouted anything in over a decade. The buck stops with Tan as he signs all the cheques but oles spending set the club back years, financially. I think Tan has taken that on the chin with his pledge to make us debt free in a way that we still remain competitive. There's nothing stopping him from really stripping the club of its assets to get his money back.




No no, the Tan followers are missing the point, current debts are all Tans a fact.

11 yrs later, two promotions to the Premier League.

5 yrs is long enough, but 11 yrs later if posters were honest Tan 100% is responsible for all our current debts.


WE ARE TALKING ABOUT 11 YRS.

And hes sorted his debt out by writing it off we were 60-80 million in debt when he arrived and we are the same now but we own our stadium fully own our own bars and catering in the stadium ,have a training base that we are not locked out of coz we oay our rent and have had our most successful period in our history, annis you got to let it go ,starting to cloud your judgement



We became that much in debt due to the Riddler who also sold all our players.

Wez, youve got to let it go, I dont start these topics, certain mates of yours on here delb to to drag me in every time, glad a couple have now gone for good and they failed to ruin the forum.

As to the New Stadium 100% not actually down to Tan was here when we arrived, the extra seating we had total grants, the Academy gone totally backwards from the day the Riddler took over.
The debt that now exists there is all of Tans making thats my point.

I havnt got mates in here anymore as I said to you on the weekend they all left due to the amounts of these types of threads ,the facts are tan sorted the clubs finances out ,sorted all the money owed on the stadium and has given the club its most successful period in our history, tbh this topic has been done to death and is getting a bit tiresome now ,I won't be commenting on them any more as its a waste of time
maccydee
 
Posts: 7181
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: Asset stripping

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:15 pm

maccydee wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Funny I never started this topic.
But certain posters have an obsession with me and bring me in on these topics delib and then blame me for them :lol:

I have tried to stay of them and don’t start Tan threads etc.

If a fan makes comments about the team rebuilding etc he is accused as being anti Tan, by the usual suspects.

It’s getting boring the usual suspects Jason and Neil only talk about Tan, Sam or anti forum posts, they can’t talk about other City stuff as they were never there .


Neil I am shocked by you as your the one who keeps these topics going and always try to include me.
Jason have an obsession in trying to bring the forum down and have tried before , so they can for me now join anothe forum :thumbright:


Pembroke Allan has followed me around for years and is like my shadow, but as soon as I ask him fact questions he disappears for a couple of days :lol: I take him with a pinch of salt .


The facts are there, Cardiff City have been off the field badly managed and a lot of the £200mill has been wasted, from the Rebrand, to having 6 CEO & & 10 managers in the last 11 yrs.

We now have a committee, who for 4 years are now responsible for everything and yet they burst out and say Warnock wasted £100 mill, bullshit.

Yes Warnock wasted money but like Malky who they also blamed brought in nearly £200mill.

They forget to tell you that their pet Ole wasted beyond, beyond and brought in zero.

I have not said Tan is asset stripping, yes he has been been clawing back all the money he has wasted and wants his £200mill back.


Very glad you didn’t say I was bringing the forum down Annis.

It’s you that clumps groups together as usual suspects.

When have I defended Ole ever? I have said his ridiculous, wasteful game of Football Manager he played with our club. I mean it was said at the time that we had the best ever championship squad because of his spending but they didn’t show that on the pitch. I certainly won’t criticise Warnock. He was class. Malky I will but mainly because he took our best chance of being a regular premier league side and wasted it. This was done the year before when he had money to spend and when we went up and had more money to spend. He spent far more over two years than the two teams who came up with us and they stayed up comfortably. I think that makes him a bad manager. I just wish Dave Jones or Warnock had that sort of money.

£200 million is mentioned yet has never been in the accounts as that number.

Tan is trying to make us debt free. If he is reducing costs to make that happen and make us sustainable isn’t that what we always wanted.

I never mention you in person yet you always do me and mostly in a negative manner although other times you say I’m fair. I do talk about other City stuff and being there or not being there isn’t really a thing is it? Not when you have the internet and friends who have season tickets. Now you live in Spain can you not talk about Cardiff?



how many years does this oh he is trying to make us debt free go on ...
who is the debt too and no it wasnt the managers fault..Harris cant just go out and spend what he wants..
7 years of TV money, hundreds of millions and we have spent most of it talking about debts to an owner..
why do the exact same people who will say it wasnt even his money about Sam borrowing then turn around and excuse Tan for borrowing 20 times as much..
and how do other clubs who have had no premier league TV cash manage?
oh and btw our club has put its full weight behind this anti football blackmail the top prem clubs want.. a smaller premier league with special status for some and no parachute payments..


As long as it takes for him to be able to afford to write off the debt and however long it takes for him to legally be allowed to do so, i guess. Additional spending will increase that debt but lack of transfers means the club have no ambition. Selling high earners who arnt in the managers plans will reduce the time it takes as well but that's tan asset striping and showing no ambition. People need to make up their minds whether they want the debt gone or if they want to gamble on promotion and potentially increase the debt further again.

I'm not a Tan hater but I'm not a massive fan either. The club has been poorly run financially since he's been here. 2 promotions and we've got f**k all to show it for it. An aging squad with very little sell on value and an academy that hasn't produced or scouted anything in over a decade. The buck stops with Tan as he signs all the cheques but oles spending set the club back years, financially. I think Tan has taken that on the chin with his pledge to make us debt free in a way that we still remain competitive. There's nothing stopping him from really stripping the club of its assets to get his money back.




No no, the Tan followers are missing the point, current debts are all Tans a fact.

11 yrs later, two promotions to the Premier League.

5 yrs is long enough, but 11 yrs later if posters were honest Tan 100% is responsible for all our current debts.


WE ARE TALKING ABOUT 11 YRS.

And hes sorted his debt out by writing it off we were 60-80 million in debt when he arrived and we are the same now but we own our stadium fully own our own bars and catering in the stadium ,have a training base that we are not locked out of coz we oay our rent and have had our most successful period in our history, annis you got to let it go ,starting to cloud your judgement



We became that much in debt due to the Riddler who also sold all our players.

Wez, youve got to let it go, I dont start these topics, certain mates of yours on here delb to to drag me in every time, glad a couple have now gone for good and they failed to ruin the forum.

As to the New Stadium 100% not actually down to Tan was here when we arrived, the extra seating we had total grants, the Academy gone totally backwards from the day the Riddler took over.

The debt that now exists there is all of Tans making thats my point.

I havnt got mates in here anymore as I said to you on the weekend they all left due to the amounts of these types of threads ,the facts are tan sorted the clubs finances out ,sorted all the money owed on the stadium and has given the club its most successful period in our history, tbh this topic has been done to death and is getting a bit tiresome now ,I won't be commenting on them any more as its a waste of time


I’m your mate on here Wez.

And in response to Annis I don’t need to answer. Wez is rinsing you for me although I will add that Tan took us over when we were losing money and no income as Riddler had spent it all. Then stabilised the club but still losing loads. Then had a push for the prem while in red which he paid for out of his money no one else’s. Then after spending loads of money under Malky and Ole he changed us back to blue and tried to stabilise the finances and got loads of the wages off the wage bill. He was criticised for that. We are still losing money. More than before and that was Tan’s mistake.

Warnock then took over and got us up. He didn’t spend like he did first time we got promoted and he was heavily criticised.

If he spends he is criticised for debt, if he doesn’t he is criticised for lack of ambition. All by the usual suspects. Now he is being criticised for asset stripping.

He’s criticised whatever he does.

11 years as owner please tell me when has he had a chance to reduce the debt? When we go up the overheads go up as well as the incomings. We haven’t stayed up more than one season. That’s when we could really get a grip of the debt. But if we didn’t spend to sustain our place he would be criticised.

Hindsight is always used to criticise Tan and the committee. I don’t remember much issue with Reid and Murphy signing when we bought them. Amongst the best in the Championship.

Much like Wez I am also threaders with it.

I hope Tan sells to Sam and then we will see the club plummet.



:lol:


Tan took us over when we were losing money , for once spot on and may I conclude and go straight to the point 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and 11 years later still losing money and even more and guess what even after nearly £350 mill from two promotions.

And are we now any higher up the league than when he took over ?

11 years later and still in debt.

How is our Accademy?


And 4 yrs of the worst times of following my club in nearly 49yrs due to the rebrand and that for me was low, maybe not for you as you never watched them during that time, but it hurt big time :bluescarf:

I will say again, I am brought in delib on these Tan topics and they bore me to death .
We could go and on but facts don’t lie.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 126002
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Asset stripping

Postby maccydee » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Funny I never started this topic.
But certain posters have an obsession with me and bring me in on these topics delib and then blame me for them :lol:

I have tried to stay of them and don’t start Tan threads etc.

If a fan makes comments about the team rebuilding etc he is accused as being anti Tan, by the usual suspects.

It’s getting boring the usual suspects Jason and Neil only talk about Tan, Sam or anti forum posts, they can’t talk about other City stuff as they were never there .


Neil I am shocked by you as your the one who keeps these topics going and always try to include me.
Jason have an obsession in trying to bring the forum down and have tried before , so they can for me now join anothe forum :thumbright:


Pembroke Allan has followed me around for years and is like my shadow, but as soon as I ask him fact questions he disappears for a couple of days :lol: I take him with a pinch of salt .


The facts are there, Cardiff City have been off the field badly managed and a lot of the £200mill has been wasted, from the Rebrand, to having 6 CEO & & 10 managers in the last 11 yrs.

We now have a committee, who for 4 years are now responsible for everything and yet they burst out and say Warnock wasted £100 mill, bullshit.

Yes Warnock wasted money but like Malky who they also blamed brought in nearly £200mill.

They forget to tell you that their pet Ole wasted beyond, beyond and brought in zero.

I have not said Tan is asset stripping, yes he has been been clawing back all the money he has wasted and wants his £200mill back.


Very glad you didn’t say I was bringing the forum down Annis.

It’s you that clumps groups together as usual suspects.

When have I defended Ole ever? I have said his ridiculous, wasteful game of Football Manager he played with our club. I mean it was said at the time that we had the best ever championship squad because of his spending but they didn’t show that on the pitch. I certainly won’t criticise Warnock. He was class. Malky I will but mainly because he took our best chance of being a regular premier league side and wasted it. This was done the year before when he had money to spend and when we went up and had more money to spend. He spent far more over two years than the two teams who came up with us and they stayed up comfortably. I think that makes him a bad manager. I just wish Dave Jones or Warnock had that sort of money.

£200 million is mentioned yet has never been in the accounts as that number.

Tan is trying to make us debt free. If he is reducing costs to make that happen and make us sustainable isn’t that what we always wanted.

I never mention you in person yet you always do me and mostly in a negative manner although other times you say I’m fair. I do talk about other City stuff and being there or not being there isn’t really a thing is it? Not when you have the internet and friends who have season tickets. Now you live in Spain can you not talk about Cardiff?



how many years does this oh he is trying to make us debt free go on ...
who is the debt too and no it wasnt the managers fault..Harris cant just go out and spend what he wants..
7 years of TV money, hundreds of millions and we have spent most of it talking about debts to an owner..
why do the exact same people who will say it wasnt even his money about Sam borrowing then turn around and excuse Tan for borrowing 20 times as much..
and how do other clubs who have had no premier league TV cash manage?
oh and btw our club has put its full weight behind this anti football blackmail the top prem clubs want.. a smaller premier league with special status for some and no parachute payments..


As long as it takes for him to be able to afford to write off the debt and however long it takes for him to legally be allowed to do so, i guess. Additional spending will increase that debt but lack of transfers means the club have no ambition. Selling high earners who arnt in the managers plans will reduce the time it takes as well but that's tan asset striping and showing no ambition. People need to make up their minds whether they want the debt gone or if they want to gamble on promotion and potentially increase the debt further again.

I'm not a Tan hater but I'm not a massive fan either. The club has been poorly run financially since he's been here. 2 promotions and we've got f**k all to show it for it. An aging squad with very little sell on value and an academy that hasn't produced or scouted anything in over a decade. The buck stops with Tan as he signs all the cheques but oles spending set the club back years, financially. I think Tan has taken that on the chin with his pledge to make us debt free in a way that we still remain competitive. There's nothing stopping him from really stripping the club of its assets to get his money back.




No no, the Tan followers are missing the point, current debts are all Tans a fact.

11 yrs later, two promotions to the Premier League.

5 yrs is long enough, but 11 yrs later if posters were honest Tan 100% is responsible for all our current debts.


WE ARE TALKING ABOUT 11 YRS.

And hes sorted his debt out by writing it off we were 60-80 million in debt when he arrived and we are the same now but we own our stadium fully own our own bars and catering in the stadium ,have a training base that we are not locked out of coz we oay our rent and have had our most successful period in our history, annis you got to let it go ,starting to cloud your judgement



We became that much in debt due to the Riddler who also sold all our players.

Wez, youve got to let it go, I dont start these topics, certain mates of yours on here delb to to drag me in every time, glad a couple have now gone for good and they failed to ruin the forum.

As to the New Stadium 100% not actually down to Tan was here when we arrived, the extra seating we had total grants, the Academy gone totally backwards from the day the Riddler took over.

The debt that now exists there is all of Tans making thats my point.

I havnt got mates in here anymore as I said to you on the weekend they all left due to the amounts of these types of threads ,the facts are tan sorted the clubs finances out ,sorted all the money owed on the stadium and has given the club its most successful period in our history, tbh this topic has been done to death and is getting a bit tiresome now ,I won't be commenting on them any more as its a waste of time


I’m your mate on here Wez.

And in response to Annis I don’t need to answer. Wez is rinsing you for me although I will add that Tan took us over when we were losing money and no income as Riddler had spent it all. Then stabilised the club but still losing loads. Then had a push for the prem while in red which he paid for out of his money no one else’s. Then after spending loads of money under Malky and Ole he changed us back to blue and tried to stabilise the finances and got loads of the wages off the wage bill. He was criticised for that. We are still losing money. More than before and that was Tan’s mistake.

Warnock then took over and got us up. He didn’t spend like he did first time we got promoted and he was heavily criticised.

If he spends he is criticised for debt, if he doesn’t he is criticised for lack of ambition. All by the usual suspects. Now he is being criticised for asset stripping.

He’s criticised whatever he does.

11 years as owner please tell me when has he had a chance to reduce the debt? When we go up the overheads go up as well as the incomings. We haven’t stayed up more than one season. That’s when we could really get a grip of the debt. But if we didn’t spend to sustain our place he would be criticised.

Hindsight is always used to criticise Tan and the committee. I don’t remember much issue with Reid and Murphy signing when we bought them. Amongst the best in the Championship.

Much like Wez I am also threaders with it.

I hope Tan sells to Sam and then we will see the club plummet.



:lol:


Tan took us over when we were losing money , for once spot on and may I conclude and go straight to the point 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and 11 years later still losing money and even more and guess what even after nearly £350 mill from two promotions.

And are we now any higher up the league than when he took over ?

11 years later and still in debt.

How is our Accademy?


And 4 yrs of the worst times of following my club in nearly 49yrs due to the rebrand and that for me was low, maybe not for you as you never watched them during that time, but it hurt big time :bluescarf:

I will say again, I am brought in delib on these Tan topics and they bore me to death .
We could go and on but facts don’t lie.


I went during the rebrand and after we moved to the CCS.

It changed for me after the Cup Final. Lots of fans who were there just for that.

When we were winning the Championship very few complained about the red. It was when we started losing it went downhill fast. Then back in blue under Slade went downhill even more.

I am fully aware you always hated the red Annis and there were others who hated it too. But most enjoyed the fact we were buying class players and spending big and winning the championship. Crowds were up.

Well we have been in the Premier League twice under Tan which is a place we hadn’t been in a long time.
maccydee
 
Posts: 7181
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: Asset stripping

Postby skidemin » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:58 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Funny I never started this topic.
But certain posters have an obsession with me and bring me in on these topics delib and then blame me for them :lol:

I have tried to stay of them and don’t start Tan threads etc.

If a fan makes comments about the team rebuilding etc he is accused as being anti Tan, by the usual suspects.

It’s getting boring the usual suspects Jason and Neil only talk about Tan, Sam or anti forum posts, they can’t talk about other City stuff as they were never there .


Neil I am shocked by you as your the one who keeps these topics going and always try to include me.
Jason have an obsession in trying to bring the forum down and have tried before , so they can for me now join anothe forum :thumbright:


Pembroke Allan has followed me around for years and is like my shadow, but as soon as I ask him fact questions he disappears for a couple of days :lol: I take him with a pinch of salt .


The facts are there, Cardiff City have been off the field badly managed and a lot of the £200mill has been wasted, from the Rebrand, to having 6 CEO & & 10 managers in the last 11 yrs.

We now have a committee, who for 4 years are now responsible for everything and yet they burst out and say Warnock wasted £100 mill, bullshit.

Yes Warnock wasted money but like Malky who they also blamed brought in nearly £200mill.

They forget to tell you that their pet Ole wasted beyond, beyond and brought in zero.

I have not said Tan is asset stripping, yes he has been been clawing back all the money he has wasted and wants his £200mill back.


Very glad you didn’t say I was bringing the forum down Annis.

It’s you that clumps groups together as usual suspects.

When have I defended Ole ever? I have said his ridiculous, wasteful game of Football Manager he played with our club. I mean it was said at the time that we had the best ever championship squad because of his spending but they didn’t show that on the pitch. I certainly won’t criticise Warnock. He was class. Malky I will but mainly because he took our best chance of being a regular premier league side and wasted it. This was done the year before when he had money to spend and when we went up and had more money to spend. He spent far more over two years than the two teams who came up with us and they stayed up comfortably. I think that makes him a bad manager. I just wish Dave Jones or Warnock had that sort of money.

£200 million is mentioned yet has never been in the accounts as that number.

Tan is trying to make us debt free. If he is reducing costs to make that happen and make us sustainable isn’t that what we always wanted.

I never mention you in person yet you always do me and mostly in a negative manner although other times you say I’m fair. I do talk about other City stuff and being there or not being there isn’t really a thing is it? Not when you have the internet and friends who have season tickets. Now you live in Spain can you not talk about Cardiff?



how many years does this oh he is trying to make us debt free go on ...
who is the debt too and no it wasnt the managers fault..Harris cant just go out and spend what he wants..
7 years of TV money, hundreds of millions and we have spent most of it talking about debts to an owner..
why do the exact same people who will say it wasnt even his money about Sam borrowing then turn around and excuse Tan for borrowing 20 times as much..
and how do other clubs who have had no premier league TV cash manage?
oh and btw our club has put its full weight behind this anti football blackmail the top prem clubs want.. a smaller premier league with special status for some and no parachute payments..


As long as it takes for him to be able to afford to write off the debt and however long it takes for him to legally be allowed to do so, i guess. Additional spending will increase that debt but lack of transfers means the club have no ambition. Selling high earners who arnt in the managers plans will reduce the time it takes as well but that's tan asset striping and showing no ambition. People need to make up their minds whether they want the debt gone or if they want to gamble on promotion and potentially increase the debt further again.

I'm not a Tan hater but I'm not a massive fan either. The club has been poorly run financially since he's been here. 2 promotions and we've got f**k all to show it for it. An aging squad with very little sell on value and an academy that hasn't produced or scouted anything in over a decade. The buck stops with Tan as he signs all the cheques but oles spending set the club back years, financially. I think Tan has taken that on the chin with his pledge to make us debt free in a way that we still remain competitive. There's nothing stopping him from really stripping the club of its assets to get his money back.



as long as it takes.... its taking forever....
i dont hate him either or love him but there is only so long you can stand behind this debt thing... other clubs who have had far less than ourselves in way of TV money seem to get on with it..
skidemin
 
Posts: 2745
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Asset stripping

Postby maccydee » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:46 pm

skidemin wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Funny I never started this topic.
But certain posters have an obsession with me and bring me in on these topics delib and then blame me for them :lol:

I have tried to stay of them and don’t start Tan threads etc.

If a fan makes comments about the team rebuilding etc he is accused as being anti Tan, by the usual suspects.

It’s getting boring the usual suspects Jason and Neil only talk about Tan, Sam or anti forum posts, they can’t talk about other City stuff as they were never there .


Neil I am shocked by you as your the one who keeps these topics going and always try to include me.
Jason have an obsession in trying to bring the forum down and have tried before , so they can for me now join anothe forum :thumbright:


Pembroke Allan has followed me around for years and is like my shadow, but as soon as I ask him fact questions he disappears for a couple of days :lol: I take him with a pinch of salt .


The facts are there, Cardiff City have been off the field badly managed and a lot of the £200mill has been wasted, from the Rebrand, to having 6 CEO & & 10 managers in the last 11 yrs.

We now have a committee, who for 4 years are now responsible for everything and yet they burst out and say Warnock wasted £100 mill, bullshit.

Yes Warnock wasted money but like Malky who they also blamed brought in nearly £200mill.

They forget to tell you that their pet Ole wasted beyond, beyond and brought in zero.

I have not said Tan is asset stripping, yes he has been been clawing back all the money he has wasted and wants his £200mill back.


Very glad you didn’t say I was bringing the forum down Annis.

It’s you that clumps groups together as usual suspects.

When have I defended Ole ever? I have said his ridiculous, wasteful game of Football Manager he played with our club. I mean it was said at the time that we had the best ever championship squad because of his spending but they didn’t show that on the pitch. I certainly won’t criticise Warnock. He was class. Malky I will but mainly because he took our best chance of being a regular premier league side and wasted it. This was done the year before when he had money to spend and when we went up and had more money to spend. He spent far more over two years than the two teams who came up with us and they stayed up comfortably. I think that makes him a bad manager. I just wish Dave Jones or Warnock had that sort of money.

£200 million is mentioned yet has never been in the accounts as that number.

Tan is trying to make us debt free. If he is reducing costs to make that happen and make us sustainable isn’t that what we always wanted.

I never mention you in person yet you always do me and mostly in a negative manner although other times you say I’m fair. I do talk about other City stuff and being there or not being there isn’t really a thing is it? Not when you have the internet and friends who have season tickets. Now you live in Spain can you not talk about Cardiff?



how many years does this oh he is trying to make us debt free go on ...
who is the debt too and no it wasnt the managers fault..Harris cant just go out and spend what he wants..
7 years of TV money, hundreds of millions and we have spent most of it talking about debts to an owner..
why do the exact same people who will say it wasnt even his money about Sam borrowing then turn around and excuse Tan for borrowing 20 times as much..
and how do other clubs who have had no premier league TV cash manage?
oh and btw our club has put its full weight behind this anti football blackmail the top prem clubs want.. a smaller premier league with special status for some and no parachute payments..


As long as it takes for him to be able to afford to write off the debt and however long it takes for him to legally be allowed to do so, i guess. Additional spending will increase that debt but lack of transfers means the club have no ambition. Selling high earners who arnt in the managers plans will reduce the time it takes as well but that's tan asset striping and showing no ambition. People need to make up their minds whether they want the debt gone or if they want to gamble on promotion and potentially increase the debt further again.

I'm not a Tan hater but I'm not a massive fan either. The club has been poorly run financially since he's been here. 2 promotions and we've got f**k all to show it for it. An aging squad with very little sell on value and an academy that hasn't produced or scouted anything in over a decade. The buck stops with Tan as he signs all the cheques but oles spending set the club back years, financially. I think Tan has taken that on the chin with his pledge to make us debt free in a way that we still remain competitive. There's nothing stopping him from really stripping the club of its assets to get his money back.



as long as it takes.... its taking forever....
i dont hate him either or love him but there is only so long you can stand behind this debt thing... other clubs who have had far less than ourselves in way of TV money seem to get on with it..


Other clubs aren’t though are they? How many have done the administration thing?? How many have huge debts they can’t pay?

We were close to being folded. Not anymore. But it’s a long way back.
maccydee
 
Posts: 7181
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: Asset stripping

Postby Escott1927 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:06 pm

skidemin wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Funny I never started this topic.
But certain posters have an obsession with me and bring me in on these topics delib and then blame me for them :lol:

I have tried to stay of them and don’t start Tan threads etc.

If a fan makes comments about the team rebuilding etc he is accused as being anti Tan, by the usual suspects.

It’s getting boring the usual suspects Jason and Neil only talk about Tan, Sam or anti forum posts, they can’t talk about other City stuff as they were never there .


Neil I am shocked by you as your the one who keeps these topics going and always try to include me.
Jason have an obsession in trying to bring the forum down and have tried before , so they can for me now join anothe forum :thumbright:


Pembroke Allan has followed me around for years and is like my shadow, but as soon as I ask him fact questions he disappears for a couple of days :lol: I take him with a pinch of salt .


The facts are there, Cardiff City have been off the field badly managed and a lot of the £200mill has been wasted, from the Rebrand, to having 6 CEO & & 10 managers in the last 11 yrs.

We now have a committee, who for 4 years are now responsible for everything and yet they burst out and say Warnock wasted £100 mill, bullshit.

Yes Warnock wasted money but like Malky who they also blamed brought in nearly £200mill.

They forget to tell you that their pet Ole wasted beyond, beyond and brought in zero.

I have not said Tan is asset stripping, yes he has been been clawing back all the money he has wasted and wants his £200mill back.


Very glad you didn’t say I was bringing the forum down Annis.

It’s you that clumps groups together as usual suspects.

When have I defended Ole ever? I have said his ridiculous, wasteful game of Football Manager he played with our club. I mean it was said at the time that we had the best ever championship squad because of his spending but they didn’t show that on the pitch. I certainly won’t criticise Warnock. He was class. Malky I will but mainly because he took our best chance of being a regular premier league side and wasted it. This was done the year before when he had money to spend and when we went up and had more money to spend. He spent far more over two years than the two teams who came up with us and they stayed up comfortably. I think that makes him a bad manager. I just wish Dave Jones or Warnock had that sort of money.

£200 million is mentioned yet has never been in the accounts as that number.

Tan is trying to make us debt free. If he is reducing costs to make that happen and make us sustainable isn’t that what we always wanted.

I never mention you in person yet you always do me and mostly in a negative manner although other times you say I’m fair. I do talk about other City stuff and being there or not being there isn’t really a thing is it? Not when you have the internet and friends who have season tickets. Now you live in Spain can you not talk about Cardiff?



how many years does this oh he is trying to make us debt free go on ...
who is the debt too and no it wasnt the managers fault..Harris cant just go out and spend what he wants..
7 years of TV money, hundreds of millions and we have spent most of it talking about debts to an owner..
why do the exact same people who will say it wasnt even his money about Sam borrowing then turn around and excuse Tan for borrowing 20 times as much..
and how do other clubs who have had no premier league TV cash manage?
oh and btw our club has put its full weight behind this anti football blackmail the top prem clubs want.. a smaller premier league with special status for some and no parachute payments..


As long as it takes for him to be able to afford to write off the debt and however long it takes for him to legally be allowed to do so, i guess. Additional spending will increase that debt but lack of transfers means the club have no ambition. Selling high earners who arnt in the managers plans will reduce the time it takes as well but that's tan asset striping and showing no ambition. People need to make up their minds whether they want the debt gone or if they want to gamble on promotion and potentially increase the debt further again.

I'm not a Tan hater but I'm not a massive fan either. The club has been poorly run financially since he's been here. 2 promotions and we've got f**k all to show it for it. An aging squad with very little sell on value and an academy that hasn't produced or scouted anything in over a decade. The buck stops with Tan as he signs all the cheques but oles spending set the club back years, financially. I think Tan has taken that on the chin with his pledge to make us debt free in a way that we still remain competitive. There's nothing stopping him from really stripping the club of its assets to get his money back.



as long as it takes.... its taking forever....
i dont hate him either or love him but there is only so long you can stand behind this debt thing... other clubs who have had far less than ourselves in way of TV money seem to get on with it..


Others clubs are struggling though. With this debt owed to Tan, we have been promoted, been very competitive in the championship and continue to buy players each season and theres been no threat of administration. Its not like the debt is making us drop down the leagues. The debt is being reduced while we are still operating as a decent championship club. Loads of clubs in the efl would much prefer be in our situation than their current one.

I recall Tan saying there was a 5 year plan to get us debt free, in 2016 or 17. Not sure how far off we are now but id imagine the current crisis has changed that. Id imagine Tan will be blamed for that as well :lol:
Escott1927
 
Posts: 855
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am

Re: Asset stripping

Postby maccydee » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:16 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Funny I never started this topic.
But certain posters have an obsession with me and bring me in on these topics delib and then blame me for them :lol:

I have tried to stay of them and don’t start Tan threads etc.

If a fan makes comments about the team rebuilding etc he is accused as being anti Tan, by the usual suspects.

It’s getting boring the usual suspects Jason and Neil only talk about Tan, Sam or anti forum posts, they can’t talk about other City stuff as they were never there .


Neil I am shocked by you as your the one who keeps these topics going and always try to include me.
Jason have an obsession in trying to bring the forum down and have tried before , so they can for me now join anothe forum :thumbright:


Pembroke Allan has followed me around for years and is like my shadow, but as soon as I ask him fact questions he disappears for a couple of days :lol: I take him with a pinch of salt .


The facts are there, Cardiff City have been off the field badly managed and a lot of the £200mill has been wasted, from the Rebrand, to having 6 CEO & & 10 managers in the last 11 yrs.

We now have a committee, who for 4 years are now responsible for everything and yet they burst out and say Warnock wasted £100 mill, bullshit.

Yes Warnock wasted money but like Malky who they also blamed brought in nearly £200mill.

They forget to tell you that their pet Ole wasted beyond, beyond and brought in zero.

I have not said Tan is asset stripping, yes he has been been clawing back all the money he has wasted and wants his £200mill back.


Very glad you didn’t say I was bringing the forum down Annis.

It’s you that clumps groups together as usual suspects.

When have I defended Ole ever? I have said his ridiculous, wasteful game of Football Manager he played with our club. I mean it was said at the time that we had the best ever championship squad because of his spending but they didn’t show that on the pitch. I certainly won’t criticise Warnock. He was class. Malky I will but mainly because he took our best chance of being a regular premier league side and wasted it. This was done the year before when he had money to spend and when we went up and had more money to spend. He spent far more over two years than the two teams who came up with us and they stayed up comfortably. I think that makes him a bad manager. I just wish Dave Jones or Warnock had that sort of money.

£200 million is mentioned yet has never been in the accounts as that number.

Tan is trying to make us debt free. If he is reducing costs to make that happen and make us sustainable isn’t that what we always wanted.

I never mention you in person yet you always do me and mostly in a negative manner although other times you say I’m fair. I do talk about other City stuff and being there or not being there isn’t really a thing is it? Not when you have the internet and friends who have season tickets. Now you live in Spain can you not talk about Cardiff?



how many years does this oh he is trying to make us debt free go on ...
who is the debt too and no it wasnt the managers fault..Harris cant just go out and spend what he wants..
7 years of TV money, hundreds of millions and we have spent most of it talking about debts to an owner..
why do the exact same people who will say it wasnt even his money about Sam borrowing then turn around and excuse Tan for borrowing 20 times as much..
and how do other clubs who have had no premier league TV cash manage?
oh and btw our club has put its full weight behind this anti football blackmail the top prem clubs want.. a smaller premier league with special status for some and no parachute payments..


As long as it takes for him to be able to afford to write off the debt and however long it takes for him to legally be allowed to do so, i guess. Additional spending will increase that debt but lack of transfers means the club have no ambition. Selling high earners who arnt in the managers plans will reduce the time it takes as well but that's tan asset striping and showing no ambition. People need to make up their minds whether they want the debt gone or if they want to gamble on promotion and potentially increase the debt further again.

I'm not a Tan hater but I'm not a massive fan either. The club has been poorly run financially since he's been here. 2 promotions and we've got f**k all to show it for it. An aging squad with very little sell on value and an academy that hasn't produced or scouted anything in over a decade. The buck stops with Tan as he signs all the cheques but oles spending set the club back years, financially. I think Tan has taken that on the chin with his pledge to make us debt free in a way that we still remain competitive. There's nothing stopping him from really stripping the club of its assets to get his money back.



as long as it takes.... its taking forever....
i dont hate him either or love him but there is only so long you can stand behind this debt thing... other clubs who have had far less than ourselves in way of TV money seem to get on with it..


Others clubs are struggling though. With this debt owed to Tan, we have been promoted, been very competitive in the championship and continue to buy players each season and theres been no threat of administration. Its not like the debt is making us drop down the leagues. The debt is being reduced while we are still operating as a decent championship club. Loads of clubs in the efl would much prefer be in our situation than their current one.

I recall Tan saying there was a 5 year plan to get us debt free, in 2016 or 17. Not sure how far off we are now but id imagine the current crisis has changed that. Id imagine Tan will be blamed for that as well :lol:


Yep he will be.

I do remember once seeing something anti Chinese aimed at Tan.
maccydee
 
Posts: 7181
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: Asset stripping

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:03 pm

Clubs who have been in premier league longer than us and more times than us have debts! In fact can anyone say which club is debt free in championship other than this seasons relegated clubs? Making out we should be debt free is bollocks as very few efl clubs are...... as for time taking to clear debt it as been said why and it's to do with Asian authorities and their regulations it's very time consuming.... :old:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 22601
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Asset stripping

Postby Sven » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:55 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Clubs who have been in premier league longer than us and more times than us have debts! In fact can anyone say which club is debt free in championship other than this seasons relegated clubs? Making out we should be debt free is bollocks as very few efl clubs are...... as for time taking to clear debt it as been said why and it's to do with Asian authorities and their regulations it's very time consuming.... :old:

Allan, you're right. Outside of a few (truly top) clubs, football as a business is illogical and often anyone who gets involved (Tan included) must ask themselves "WTF have I done?" at some point!

This Sam versus Tan stuff is getting boring now, as both have played a major part in our recent (mainly positive) history and each should be applauded for getting involved at times when others, including some local (with the notable exception of Steve Borley) either refused to get involved or saw us as a proverbial cash cow with which to line their own pockets

We are where we are today because Sam saw an opportunity and, for the large part, played an absolute blinder in firstly getting the real supporters on board before convincing the 'floaters' and the 'newbies' to attach themselves to his dream

It worked and I know that because I was there! :ayatollah: )

The feeling Sam brought was nothing but positive for a large part of his tenure and he brought some great schemes with which to keep supporters on board, e.g. the Ambassador Club, which had real benefits for the real supporters (there were around 6,000 at time of instigation) and which grew to not far short of 20,000 by the time the FA Cup Final came around (but had then lost its gloss because the benefits could no longer be applied to the original members)

That he (Sam) ran out of time in which to fulfil his dream of seeing this club in the Premier League was IMHO a sad day; but it was right that once he had lost his way and the Bailiffs were closing in, the next stage of our progress should be handed over to someone fresh...in our case initially The Riddler

I've stated before that I don't see The Riddler as a failure at our club; he came in with a brief to save it from extinction and by hook or by crook he achieved it to his credit

Along comes TG and soon after one Vincent Tan, who despite not being a 'footballing man' and initially not wanting to invest in a proverbial pink elephant, decided to give it a go

Initial errors were made, one important one of which was DJ' team not being able to overcome Holloway's Blackpool to seal a place in the Premier League, as well as the crazy (to us but not to him) decision to change from traditional blue to red

It has been said by many that if he could have had everyone playing in a shirt with (lucky to Chinese) No.8 on the back, he would have done it!

No matter, it was done, he was widely vilified for it and eventually (thanks to his mum apparently) he relented and gave us back the blue

The damage was clearly done and to some (not as many as those 'some' would have you believe) were never going to forgive him, so long as he had a hole in his backside, which (for me) says more about their intransigence (a very Welsh trait) than his!

Commercially, Tan has made errors but he has also learned and despite his failings, he has put together two management teams and players who have brought Premier League football to our fine city and we can't say he didn't support (certainly the first two) managers in the transfer market, can we?

Forever Blue rightly refers to the debt amassed by the current regime; but we need to remember that much of that debt was inherited from the previous regime(s) and further debt was accumulated on bringing quality in order to achieve the Premier League dream

Tan is close (by standards) to eradicating said 'debt' and that is in the face of the Covid-19 pandemic, which is seeing other clubs weeks away from extinction. How can we 'knock' that?

A long post, I know, but your point above was a good one and I think we all just need to settle back and give everyone who has contributed to our club in recent years just a little credit and not keep comparing one against the other in the negative sense that many do

We're Cardiff City FC and we're still here...! :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :D
"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their gutter level and beat you with experience!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 18585
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: Asset stripping

Postby maccydee » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:45 pm

I don’t see why it should be Sam v Tan.

Both had their merits.

But some will not give Tan any credit and in fact blame him for everything. As you said, he inherited a lot of debt. But the balance book looks really good now even if the overall debt is up. It’s a positive that it’s to one person too as opposed to lots of different agencies.
maccydee
 
Posts: 7181
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: Asset stripping

Postby Sven » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:06 am

maccydee wrote:I don’t see why it should be Sam v Tan.

Both had their merits.

But some will not give Tan any credit and in fact blame him for everything. As you said, he inherited a lot of debt. But the balance book looks really good now even if the overall debt is up. It’s a positive that it’s to one person too as opposed to lots of different agencies.

Hard to disagree with any of that, Neil :thumbup:

Love Sam, despite his latter errors; respect Tan for keeping us afloat and giving us the Premier experience! :ayatollah:
"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their gutter level and beat you with experience!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 18585
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: Asset stripping

Postby Welshman in CA » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:12 am

They are equally as good for their time as each other, neither one is better. Tan couldn't have done what Sam did when he did it & Sam couldn't have done what Tan has so far.
Welshman in CA
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:10 pm

Re: Asset stripping

Postby skidemin » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:03 am

maccydee wrote:I don’t see why it should be Sam v Tan.

Both had their merits.

But some will not give Tan any credit and in fact blame him for everything. As you said, he inherited a lot of debt. But the balance book looks really good now even if the overall debt is up. It’s a positive that it’s to one person too as opposed to lots of different agencies.



arnt you just a little bit fed up of the debt is up thing ? its like the everlasting gob stopper.. you read other clubs are in a financial hole and then 18 months later there they are competing and out spending..with us we just dont ever seem to be free of it... next year someone will once again say this and once again the VT defence force will jump on it with the first phase of defence being throw Sam grenades... and the 2nd pretending huge downgrades was actually pushing the boat out...
skidemin
 
Posts: 2745
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Asset stripping

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:41 pm

Always City wrote:We have a club called Cardiff City, we may disagree about owners, how its run, we all mean well in our own ways and we all want success for our club, the Bluebirds :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:



Very well spoken :thumbup:
bluesince62
 
Posts: 3602
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: Asset stripping

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:25 pm

skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:I don’t see why it should be Sam v Tan.

Both had their merits.

But some will not give Tan any credit and in fact blame him for everything. As you said, he inherited a lot of debt. But the balance book looks really good now even if the overall debt is up. It’s a positive that it’s to one person too as opposed to lots of different agencies.



arnt you just a little bit fed up of the debt is up thing ? its like the everlasting gob stopper.. you read other clubs are in a financial hole and then 18 months later there they are competing and out spending..with us we just dont ever seem to be free of it... next year someone will once again say this and once again the VT defence force will jump on it with the first phase of defence being throw Sam grenades... and the 2nd pretending huge downgrades was actually pushing the boat out...



Clubs are spending money they havent got like always! Teams like shef wed/derby spending lots yet only just escaped ffp wheres the money coming from? They've Rich owners but they can only put in x amount so presume buy now repay hopefully next year after promotion? :o
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 22601
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Asset stripping

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:12 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Always City wrote:We have a club called Cardiff City, we may disagree about owners, how its run, we all mean well in our own ways and we all want success for our club, the Bluebirds :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:



Very well spoken :thumbup:



I second that :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 126002
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Asset stripping

Postby Bakedalasker » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:03 am

Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Always City wrote:We have a club called Cardiff City, we may disagree about owners, how its run, we all mean well in our own ways and we all want success for our club, the Bluebirds :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:



Very well spoken :thumbup:



I second that :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:


Yes well said.

Proper fans will stick by they club regardless of what the regime does. Those that turn their backs on the club were never proper fans in the beginning.
User avatar
Bakedalasker
 
Posts: 16126
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:46 am
Location: Derby

Re: Asset stripping

Postby maccydee » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:51 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Always City wrote:We have a club called Cardiff City, we may disagree about owners, how its run, we all mean well in our own ways and we all want success for our club, the Bluebirds :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:



Very well spoken :thumbup:



I second that :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:


Yes well said.

Proper fans will stick by they club regardless of what the regime does. Those that turn their backs on the club were never proper fans in the beginning.


Do you think that about those that left when we changed to Red mate?
maccydee
 
Posts: 7181
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: Asset stripping

Postby Bakedalasker » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:17 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Always City wrote:We have a club called Cardiff City, we may disagree about owners, how its run, we all mean well in our own ways and we all want success for our club, the Bluebirds :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:



Very well spoken :thumbup:



I second that :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:


Yes well said.

Proper fans will stick by they club regardless of what the regime does. Those that turn their backs on the club were never proper fans in the beginning.




Do you think that about those that left when we changed to Red mate?


I do.

I was actually sorry to see them leave but for those that have left us pro rebrand after mocking us through it....well good riddance to them.
User avatar
Bakedalasker
 
Posts: 16126
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:46 am
Location: Derby

Re: Asset stripping

Postby thomasblue » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:32 pm

Vincent tan deserves a statue outside the ground for everything that man has done for this club

All the success this club has achieved is solely down to his generosity and vision as a owner and businessman. He has made mistakes like everyone else but also rectified them
thomasblue
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:20 pm

Re: Asset stripping

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:49 pm

stripping other clubs of their assets ! :D
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 22601
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Asset stripping

Postby Igovernor » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:01 am

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Clubs who have been in premier league longer than us and more times than us have debts! In fact can anyone say which club is debt free in championship other than this seasons relegated clubs? Making out we should be debt free is bollocks as very few efl clubs are...... as for time taking to clear debt it as been said why and it's to do with Asian authorities and their regulations it's very time consuming.... :old:

Allan, you're right. Outside of a few (truly top) clubs, football as a business is illogical and often anyone who gets involved (Tan included) must ask themselves "WTF have I done?" at some point!

This Sam versus Tan stuff is getting boring now, as both have played a major part in our recent (mainly positive) history and each should be applauded for getting involved at times when others, including some local (with the notable exception of Steve Borley) either refused to get involved or saw us as a proverbial cash cow with which to line their own pockets

We are where we are today because Sam saw an opportunity and, for the large part, played an absolute blinder in firstly getting the real supporters on board before convincing the 'floaters' and the 'newbies' to attach themselves to his dream

It worked and I know that because I was there! :ayatollah: )

The feeling Sam brought was nothing but positive for a large part of his tenure and he brought some great schemes with which to keep supporters on board, e.g. the Ambassador Club, which had real benefits for the real supporters (there were around 6,000 at time of instigation) and which grew to not far short of 20,000 by the time the FA Cup Final came around (but had then lost its gloss because the benefits could no longer be applied to the original members)

That he (Sam) ran out of time in which to fulfil his dream of seeing this club in the Premier League was IMHO a sad day; but it was right that once he had lost his way and the Bailiffs were closing in, the next stage of our progress should be handed over to someone fresh...in our case initially The Riddler

I've stated before that I don't see The Riddler as a failure at our club; he came in with a brief to save it from extinction and by hook or by crook he achieved it to his credit

Along comes TG and soon after one Vincent Tan, who despite not being a 'footballing man' and initially not wanting to invest in a proverbial pink elephant, decided to give it a go

Initial errors were made, one important one of which was DJ' team not being able to overcome Holloway's Blackpool to seal a place in the Premier League, as well as the crazy (to us but not to him) decision to change from traditional blue to red

It has been said by many that if he could have had everyone playing in a shirt with (lucky to Chinese) No.8 on the back, he would have done it!

No matter, it was done, he was widely vilified for it and eventually (thanks to his mum apparently) he relented and gave us back the blue

The damage was clearly done and to some (not as many as those 'some' would have you believe) were never going to forgive him, so long as he had a hole in his backside, which (for me) says more about their intransigence (a very Welsh trait) than his!

Commercially, Tan has made errors but he has also learned and despite his failings, he has put together two management teams and players who have brought Premier League football to our fine city and we can't say he didn't support (certainly the first two) managers in the transfer market, can we?

Forever Blue rightly refers to the debt amassed by the current regime; but we need to remember that much of that debt was inherited from the previous regime(s) and further debt was accumulated on bringing quality in order to achieve the Premier League dream

Tan is close (by standards) to eradicating said 'debt' and that is in the face of the Covid-19 pandemic, which is seeing other clubs weeks away from extinction. How can we 'knock' that?

A long post, I know, but your point above was a good one and I think we all just need to settle back and give everyone who has contributed to our club in recent years just a little credit and not keep comparing one against the other in the negative sense that many do

We're Cardiff City FC and we're still here...! :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :D


Spot on Chris, great post :thumbup: :ayatollah: :old:
User avatar
Igovernor
Moderator
 
Posts: 5035
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:17 am

Previous


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blemmy, corky, Google [Bot], newblue57, Pennsylvania Bluebird, Plymuff Bloobird, TopCat CCFC, WestCoastBlue, worcester_ccfc and 208 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.