Last season championships wage bills

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Last season championships wage bills

Postby wez1927 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:55 pm

Lsst seasons rumoured wage bills (taken from a wigan site apparently) - make of these what you will..

2019/20 - wage bills

1: Stoke City £94.2m

2: West Brom £92.2m

3: Swansea City £90.7m

4: Huddersfield £62.6m

5: Fulham £54.3m

6: Middlesbrough £48.7m

7: Cardiff City £46.4m

8: Derby £40.4m

9: Birmingham £38.5m

10: Reading £35.3m

11: Leeds £31.3m

12: Hull £31.1m

13: QPR £30.6m

14: Sheff Wed £29.3m

15: Nottm Forest £27.7m

16: Bristol City £27.2m

17: Brentford £17.1m

18: Balckburn £16.7m

19: Preston £15m

20: Millwall £13.3m

21: Wigan £11.7m

22: Barnsley £10.6m

23: Charlton £10.2m

24: Luton £6.2m
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 14858
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:00 pm

Last season championships wage bills

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Last season championships wage bills

Postby maccydee » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:50 pm

That b*stard Tan. 7th? Where’s the ambition? He is obviously milking us. I bet 20 million of that is his wages and what he puts in his pocket.
maccydee
 
Posts: 7185
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: Last season championships wage bills

Postby maccydee » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:51 pm

That b*stard Tan look how much we spend on wages. Brentford are much lower than us and finished above us. No wonder we are £700 million in debt. We had zero debt when he took over. He’s a b*stard.

:D
maccydee
 
Posts: 7185
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: Last season championships wage bills

Postby maccydee » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:53 pm

In all seriousness.

Stoke City’s is terrifying.
maccydee
 
Posts: 7185
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: Last season championships wage bills

Postby skidemin » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:34 pm

rumoured
skidemin
 
Posts: 2822
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Last season championships wage bills

Postby WestCoastBlue » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:42 pm

Stoke must be wrong surely? They were relegated 4 years ago, I would've thought a lot of the high earning PL contracts would've expired or the players sold on :shock:
WestCoastBlue
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:17 pm

Re: Last season championships wage bills

Postby wez1927 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:09 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:Stoke must be wrong surely? They were relegated 4 years ago, I would've thought a lot of the high earning PL contracts would've expired or the players sold on :shock:

Cant see Joe Allan's contract being small apparently 3 million a year before bonus
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 14858
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Last season championships wage bills

Postby skidemin » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:34 pm

wez1927 wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:Stoke must be wrong surely? They were relegated 4 years ago, I would've thought a lot of the high earning PL contracts would've expired or the players sold on :shock:

Cant see Joe Allan's contract being small apparently 3 million a year before bonus



where they getting 90mill a year...
skidemin
 
Posts: 2822
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Last season championships wage bills

Postby goats » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:25 pm

Surely the jacks not still on 90 million last year? That’s what they were in in the PL. surely down to half that by last season.
Think they’ve just got the season wrong maybe
User avatar
goats
 
Posts: 2531
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:09 am

Re: Last season championships wage bills

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:05 pm

Interesting figs from the opening post - Shocked by the way some clubs budgets .
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 19747
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Last season championships wage bills

Postby wez1927 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:17 pm

goats wrote:Surely the jacks not still on 90 million last year? That’s what they were in in the PL. surely down to half that by last season.
Think they’ve just got the season wrong maybe

I was thinking that
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 14858
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Last season championships wage bills

Postby blue lagoon » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:27 pm

I hope the players are not struggling in these tuff times.

Football please Go bust and start again. Its not just broken its fu....
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE!
User avatar
blue lagoon
 
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 5:56 pm

Re: Last season championships wage bills

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:48 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Interesting figs from the opening post - Shocked by the way some clubs budgets .



If these figures are last year's, then agreed it's shocking,and some wonder where the tv monies go etc, it's an expensive business is football ;) it cannot continue in the same vein next year,we are all in for a shock if no crowds continue into 2022 season,clubs will without a doubt be sailing a little to close to the wind :sad7: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62
 
Posts: 3649
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: Last season championships wage bills

Postby Sven » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:28 am

WestCoastBlue wrote:Stoke must be wrong surely? They were relegated 4 years ago, I would've thought a lot of the high earning PL contracts would've expired or the players sold on :shock:

Stoke City had the biggest differential between income and outgoings in a recent stat, so not surprised by this. They remain an ambitious side and have an opinion of themselves that is clearly not backed up with any substance of late
"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their gutter level and beat you with experience!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 18611
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: Last season championships wage bills

Postby skiprat » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:11 pm

Aren't they owned by one of the richest people in Britain?
skiprat
 
Posts: 1443
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:31 pm

Re: Last season championships wage bills

Postby blue lagoon » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:42 am

What do you reckon avg 1st team player is on? 20,000 a week ish perhaps.

Call it 26 mill on 1st team wages/coaches,etc.

Wheres the other 20 mill going then?

I bet Warnock was on big contract?
Harris on half of that i bet.
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE!
User avatar
blue lagoon
 
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 5:56 pm

Re: Last season championships wage bills

Postby blue lagoon » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:55 am

bluesince62 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Interesting figs from the opening post - Shocked by the way some clubs budgets .



If these figures are last year's, then agreed it's shocking,and some wonder where the tv monies go etc, it's an expensive business is football ;) it cannot continue in the same vein next year,we are all in for a shock if no crowds continue into 2022 season,clubs will without a doubt be sailing a little to close to the wind :sad7: :old: :bluebird:


Football clubs everywhere will probably increase the price of tickets next season .

They will say its cause of added covid measures they have had to put in place.


Or will it dawn on everyone that with out us fans football is nothing.

The same fans who actually go to a game live and not just watch on the telly. Respect us or lose us or alienate a generation of us.

Get your cash udders out people your club needs you even more than before. Many of you will I guess and will bend the knee to the greedy bast......

On a positive note, what a great window. Stay safe everyone!!!
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE!
User avatar
blue lagoon
 
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 5:56 pm

Re: Last season championships wage bills

Postby maccydee » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:21 am

blue lagoon wrote:What do you reckon avg 1st team player is on? 20,000 a week ish perhaps.

Call it 26 mill on 1st team wages/coaches,etc.

Wheres the other 20 mill going then?

I bet Warnock was on big contract?
Harris on half of that i bet.


Dalman and Choo 10 million each
maccydee
 
Posts: 7185
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: Last season championships wage bills

Postby blue lagoon » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:54 am

Is bonuses and agent fees in that 46 mill figure. Ffs, if im on 20,000 week what other bonuses do you want ffs.

I'll be lucky this year to get a Tesco gift card.
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE!
User avatar
blue lagoon
 
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 5:56 pm

Re: Last season championships wage bills

Postby blue lagoon » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:25 am

maccydee wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:What do you reckon avg 1st team player is on? 20,000 a week ish perhaps.

Call it 26 mill on 1st team wages/coaches,etc.

Wheres the other 20 mill going then?

I bet Warnock was on big contract?
Harris on half of that i bet.


Dalman and Choo 10 million each


And to think fans were giving up their season ticket refunds to the academy hard up fund. Ffs this world we live in.

Criticall thinking people ffs. Shove it up the robbing bast.... next time they give us all the option to do it.
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE!
User avatar
blue lagoon
 
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 5:56 pm

Re: Last season championships wage bills

Postby Sven » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:32 pm

blue lagoon wrote:
maccydee wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:What do you reckon avg 1st team player is on? 20,000 a week ish perhaps.

Call it 26 mill on 1st team wages/coaches,etc.

Wheres the other 20 mill going then?

I bet Warnock was on big contract?
Harris on half of that i bet.


Dalman and Choo 10 million each


And to think fans were giving up their season ticket refunds to the academy hard up fund. Ffs this world we live in.

Criticall thinking people ffs. Shove it up the robbing bast.... next time they give us all the option to do it.

On the first line I completely agree; which is why I refused to 'donate' my season ticket returns to the Academy

Some of those players on more than people realise, too!

Personally, I don't begrudge it, if the club feel it can be justified. It's market forces after all; but it's their issue and I don't see the club's hierarchy giving 'free' money to help out to supporters on a lot less than their own employees
"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their gutter level and beat you with experience!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 18611
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: Last season championships wage bills

Postby bluesince62 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:30 pm

blue lagoon wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Interesting figs from the opening post - Shocked by the way some clubs budgets .



If these figures are last year's, then agreed it's shocking,and some wonder where the tv monies go etc, it's an expensive business is football ;) it cannot continue in the same vein next year,we are all in for a shock if no crowds continue into 2022 season,clubs will without a doubt be sailing a little to close to the wind :sad7: :old: :bluebird:


Football clubs everywhere will probably increase the price of tickets next season .

They will say its cause of added covid measures they have had to put in place.


Or will it dawn on everyone that with out us fans football is nothing.

The same fans who actually go to a game live and not just watch on the telly. Respect us or lose us or alienate a generation of us.

Get your cash udders out people your club needs you even more than before. Many of you will I guess and will bend the knee to the greedy bast......

On a positive note, what a great window. Stay safe everyone!!!



Well they can hike prices all they want,all that will do is drive fans away from watching matches live,and watch them through streaming,plus there will be some who will be facing the dole queues, and an uncertain future,thus have no spare cash anymore to spend on football.
Football needs a shake up, and has for years,but sadly it's been through covid,as is the case now,it's taken a virus to do it. :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62
 
Posts: 3649
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:02 pm



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bakedalasker, blue note, bluebirdoct1962, CCFCJosh75, Crayfish, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], nubbsy, oakenagen53, oohahhPaulMillar, pembroke allan, robbo, skidemin, WestCoastBlue, worcester_ccfc and 169 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.