Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

Last season championships wage bills

Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:55 pm

Lsst seasons rumoured wage bills (taken from a wigan site apparently) - make of these what you will..

2019/20 - wage bills

1: Stoke City £94.2m

2: West Brom £92.2m

3: Swansea City £90.7m

4: Huddersfield £62.6m

5: Fulham £54.3m

6: Middlesbrough £48.7m

7: Cardiff City £46.4m

8: Derby £40.4m

9: Birmingham £38.5m

10: Reading £35.3m

11: Leeds £31.3m

12: Hull £31.1m

13: QPR £30.6m

14: Sheff Wed £29.3m

15: Nottm Forest £27.7m

16: Bristol City £27.2m

17: Brentford £17.1m

18: Balckburn £16.7m

19: Preston £15m

20: Millwall £13.3m

21: Wigan £11.7m

22: Barnsley £10.6m

23: Charlton £10.2m

24: Luton £6.2m

Re: Last season championships wage bills

Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:50 pm

That b*stard Tan. 7th? Where’s the ambition? He is obviously milking us. I bet 20 million of that is his wages and what he puts in his pocket.

Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:51 pm

That b*stard Tan look how much we spend on wages. Brentford are much lower than us and finished above us. No wonder we are £700 million in debt. We had zero debt when he took over. He’s a b*stard.

:D

Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:53 pm

In all seriousness.

Stoke City’s is terrifying.

Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:34 pm

rumoured

Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:42 pm

Stoke must be wrong surely? They were relegated 4 years ago, I would've thought a lot of the high earning PL contracts would've expired or the players sold on :shock:

Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:09 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:Stoke must be wrong surely? They were relegated 4 years ago, I would've thought a lot of the high earning PL contracts would've expired or the players sold on :shock:

Cant see Joe Allan's contract being small apparently 3 million a year before bonus

Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:34 pm

wez1927 wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:Stoke must be wrong surely? They were relegated 4 years ago, I would've thought a lot of the high earning PL contracts would've expired or the players sold on :shock:

Cant see Joe Allan's contract being small apparently 3 million a year before bonus

where they getting 90mill a year...

Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:25 pm

Surely the jacks not still on 90 million last year? That’s what they were in in the PL. surely down to half that by last season.
Think they’ve just got the season wrong maybe

Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:05 pm

Interesting figs from the opening post - Shocked by the way some clubs budgets .

Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:17 pm

goats wrote:Surely the jacks not still on 90 million last year? That’s what they were in in the PL. surely down to half that by last season.
Think they’ve just got the season wrong maybe

I was thinking that

Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:27 pm

I hope the players are not struggling in these tuff times.

Football please Go bust and start again. Its not just broken its fu....

Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:48 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Interesting figs from the opening post - Shocked by the way some clubs budgets .

If these figures are last year's, then agreed it's shocking,and some wonder where the tv monies go etc, it's an expensive business is football ;) it cannot continue in the same vein next year,we are all in for a shock if no crowds continue into 2022 season,clubs will without a doubt be sailing a little to close to the wind :sad7: :old: :bluebird:

Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:28 pm

Stoke City had the biggest differential between income and outgoings in a recent stat, so not surprised by this. They remain an ambitious side and have an opinion of themselves that is clearly not backed up with any substance of late

Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:11 am

Aren't they owned by one of the richest people in Britain?

Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:42 am

What do you reckon avg 1st team player is on? 20,000 a week ish perhaps.

Call it 26 mill on 1st team wages/coaches,etc.

Wheres the other 20 mill going then?

I bet Warnock was on big contract?
Harris on half of that i bet.

Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:55 am

bluesince62 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Interesting figs from the opening post - Shocked by the way some clubs budgets .

If these figures are last year's, then agreed it's shocking,and some wonder where the tv monies go etc, it's an expensive business is football ;) it cannot continue in the same vein next year,we are all in for a shock if no crowds continue into 2022 season,clubs will without a doubt be sailing a little to close to the wind :sad7: :old: :bluebird:

Football clubs everywhere will probably increase the price of tickets next season .

They will say its cause of added covid measures they have had to put in place.

Or will it dawn on everyone that with out us fans football is nothing.

The same fans who actually go to a game live and not just watch on the telly. Respect us or lose us or alienate a generation of us.

Get your cash udders out people your club needs you even more than before. Many of you will I guess and will bend the knee to the greedy bast......

On a positive note, what a great window. Stay safe everyone!!!

Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:21 am

blue lagoon wrote:What do you reckon avg 1st team player is on? 20,000 a week ish perhaps.

Dalman and Choo 10 million each

Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:54 am

Is bonuses and agent fees in that 46 mill figure. Ffs, if im on 20,000 week what other bonuses do you want ffs.

I'll be lucky this year to get a Tesco gift card.

Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:25 am

maccydee wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:What do you reckon avg 1st team player is on? 20,000 a week ish perhaps.

And to think fans were giving up their season ticket refunds to the academy hard up fund. Ffs this world we live in.

Criticall thinking people ffs. Shove it up the robbing bast.... next time they give us all the option to do it.

Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:32 pm

blue lagoon wrote:
maccydee wrote:

And to think fans were giving up their season ticket refunds to the academy hard up fund. Ffs this world we live in.

Criticall thinking people ffs. Shove it up the robbing bast.... next time they give us all the option to do it.

On the first line I completely agree; which is why I refused to 'donate' my season ticket returns to the Academy

Some of those players on more than people realise, too!

Personally, I don't begrudge it, if the club feel it can be justified. It's market forces after all; but it's their issue and I don't see the club's hierarchy giving 'free' money to help out to supporters on a lot less than their own employees

Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:30 pm

blue lagoon wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Football clubs everywhere will probably increase the price of tickets next season .

They will say its cause of added covid measures they have had to put in place.

Or will it dawn on everyone that with out us fans football is nothing.

The same fans who actually go to a game live and not just watch on the telly. Respect us or lose us or alienate a generation of us.

Get your cash udders out people your club needs you even more than before. Many of you will I guess and will bend the knee to the greedy bast......

On a positive note, what a great window. Stay safe everyone!!!

Well they can hike prices all they want,all that will do is drive fans away from watching matches live,and watch them through streaming,plus there will be some who will be facing the dole queues, and an uncertain future,thus have no spare cash anymore to spend on football.
Football needs a shake up, and has for years,but sadly it's been through covid,as is the case now,it's taken a virus to do it. :old: :bluebird:
Post a reply