Tan appreciation thread part deux

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby maccydee » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:49 pm

When required we have strengthened considerably. Manager backed with a massive statement of intent.

Hopefully onwards and upwards as one.

Wonder how long it will last this time? :D

And appreciation too for this board. Somewhere where all us Cardiff fans can come and unwind/unload.

Happy days.
maccydee
 
Posts: 7184
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Tan appreciation thread part deux

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby GENERAL CHAT » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:56 pm

maccydee wrote:When required we have strengthened considerably. Manager backed with a massive statement of intent.

Hopefully onwards and upwards as one.

Wonder how long it will last this time? :D

And appreciation too for this board. Somewhere where all us Cardiff fans can come and unwind/unload.

Happy days.



Happy days indeed... :occasion5: :notworthy: :old:
Edmund: Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick?
Baldrick: No, but I've often thought that I'd like to.
Edmund: Well don't. It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the valleys terrifying people with their close-harmony singing
User avatar
GENERAL CHAT
 
Posts: 1864
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:07 pm

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby Bakedalasker » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:58 pm

Hardly dents the £36 m.
User avatar
Bakedalasker
 
Posts: 16130
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:46 am
Location: Derby

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby GENERAL CHAT » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:13 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Hardly dents the £36 m.



With all the other players wages, staff at the club, tax man, Sala, not to mention agents fees ,and no income, I think we are doing well to be honest.

:thumbup: :wave:
Edmund: Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick?
Baldrick: No, but I've often thought that I'd like to.
Edmund: Well don't. It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the valleys terrifying people with their close-harmony singing
User avatar
GENERAL CHAT
 
Posts: 1864
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:07 pm

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby troobloo3339 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:26 pm

GENERAL CHAT wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Hardly dents the £36 m.



With all the other players wages, staff at the club, tax man, Sala, not to mention agents fees ,and no income, I think we are doing well to be honest.

:thumbup: :wave:


Reality check for those thst need it
Last years wage bill was £46 million
Now thats put a bloody big dent in £36 million
Please note wage bill only
Not including any running costs
troobloo3339
 
Posts: 6952
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:50 pm

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby Bluebina » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:31 pm

maccydee wrote:When required we have strengthened considerably. Manager backed with a massive statement of intent.

Hopefully onwards and upwards as one.

Wonder how long it will last this time? :D

And appreciation too for this board. Somewhere where all us Cardiff fans can come and unwind/unload.

Happy days.



Unbelievable what he has done for this club, ten times more investment than his nearest predecessor, but gets less recognician!

Well done Tan, Dalman and Harris :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bluebina
 
Posts: 11121
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:32 am

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby bluesince62 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:23 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
GENERAL CHAT wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Hardly dents the £36 m.



With all the other players wages, staff at the club, tax man, Sala, not to mention agents fees ,and no income, I think we are doing well to be honest.

:thumbup: :wave:


Reality check for those thst need it
Last years wage bill was £46 million
Now thats put a bloody big dent in £36 million
Please note wage bill only
Not including any running costs


Also add in losing approximately 1/2 mil for each home game with no income from fans attending,this and nxt season are going to be real eye opening for a fair few clubs.
bluesince62
 
Posts: 3629
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby Big Hill Blue » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:48 pm

C'mon City

Onwards and upwards

:ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :D
Big Hill Blue
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:27 pm

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:08 pm

Two loan signings and one permanent.

Got rid of another big earner Flint :thumbright:

Sold Etheridge and Paterson.

Had £36mill from Sky in October.

Spent no money .


2 permanent signings since January, got rid of 22 players including 10
Under 23’s.

Neil Harris words.

Squad is now only 20 players and we need up to 4 new players.

We got one out and three in.

I personally do not see it a promotion squad.

But starting to look a bit more exciting :bluebird: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 126141
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:10 pm

You must work for Tan or just obsessed with continually bringing his name up for no reason :lol: :lol: :banghead:

I’m not going to discuss him anymore on this joke of a topic :lol:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 126141
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby bluesince62 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:26 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:C'mon City

Onwards and upwards

:ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :D



Im with you on that mate.
bluesince62
 
Posts: 3629
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby Big Hill Blue » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:40 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:C'mon City

Onwards and upwards

:ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :D



Im with you on that mate.


Glass half full. Here we go. Charge!!!!
:occasion5:
Big Hill Blue
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:27 pm

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby BluebirdsTilIDie » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Two loan signings and one permanent.

Got rid of another big earner Flint :thumbright:

Sold Etheridge and Paterson.

Had £36mill from Sky in October.

Spent no money .


2 permanent signings since January, got rid of 22 players including 10
Under 23’s.

Neil Harris words.

Squad is now only 20 players and we need up to 4 new players.

We got one out and three in.

I personally do not see it a promotion squad.

But starting to look a bit more exciting :bluebird: :bluebird:



Don’t forget losing millions each month also
User avatar
BluebirdsTilIDie
 
Posts: 3464
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:07 pm

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby maccydee » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:You must work for Tan or just obsessed with continually bringing his name up for no reason :lol: :lol: :banghead:

I’m not going to discuss him anymore on this joke of a topic :lol:


600k a year mate. I’m gonna take a loan out based on that and buy the club then threaten the club with court on the loan.
maccydee
 
Posts: 7184
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby Bakedalasker » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Two loan signings and one permanent.

Got rid of another big earner Flint :thumbright:

Sold Etheridge and Paterson.

Had £36mill from Sky in October.

Spent no money .


2 permanent signings since January, got rid of 22 players including 10
Under 23’s.

Neil Harris words.

Squad is now only 20 players and we need up to 4 new players.

We got one out and three in.

I personally do not see it a promotion squad.

But starting to look a bit more exciting :bluebird: :bluebird:



Don’t forget losing millions each month also


Whose fault is that?
User avatar
Bakedalasker
 
Posts: 16130
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:46 am
Location: Derby

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby maccydee » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:26 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Two loan signings and one permanent.

Got rid of another big earner Flint :thumbright:

Sold Etheridge and Paterson.

Had £36mill from Sky in October.

Spent no money .


2 permanent signings since January, got rid of 22 players including 10
Under 23’s.

Neil Harris words.

Squad is now only 20 players and we need up to 4 new players.

We got one out and three in.

I personally do not see it a promotion squad.

But starting to look a bit more exciting :bluebird: :bluebird:



Don’t forget losing millions each month also


Whose fault is that?


He took us over losing millions a month.

He built two promotion teams.

We are still losing millions a month.

At least we have something to show for it Ian
maccydee
 
Posts: 7184
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:44 pm

Fair play to anyone who invests in a football club as personally, even if I was financially well off I wouldn’t as they tend to haemorrhage money. With that in mind, I take my hat off to VT who has invested far more than I ever have via season tickets. :bluescarf: :bluebird:
103 Barmy Army
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:40 am

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby maccydee » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:10 am

103 Barmy Army wrote:Fair play to anyone who invests in a football club as personally, even if I was financially well off I wouldn’t as they tend to haemorrhage money. With that in mind, I take my hat off to VT who has invested far more than I ever have via season tickets. :bluescarf: :bluebird:


Mate haven’t you heard? Tan has taken 200 million out of this club.
maccydee
 
Posts: 7184
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby Sven » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:29 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Hardly dents the £36 m.

Ian, perhaps the £36m will dent the debt instead...? :? :D

This has to be seen as a good transfer window under the circumstances and I say that as a sceptic of any deals being done as the deadline approached in recent days :thumbright:
"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their gutter level and beat you with experience!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 18594
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:30 am

maccydee wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:Fair play to anyone who invests in a football club as personally, even if I was financially well off I wouldn’t as they tend to haemorrhage money. With that in mind, I take my hat off to VT who has invested far more than I ever have via season tickets. :bluescarf: :bluebird:


Mate haven’t you heard? Tan has taken 200 million out of this club.


Then in that case, he should be subjected to the guin in the bin treatment. :lol: If you know, you know.
103 Barmy Army
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:40 am

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:27 am

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Two loan signings and one permanent.

Got rid of another big earner Flint :thumbright:

Sold Etheridge and Paterson.

Had £36mill from Sky in October.

Spent no money .


2 permanent signings since January, got rid of 22 players including 10
Under 23’s.

Neil Harris words.

Squad is now only 20 players and we need up to 4 new players.

We got one out and three in.

I personally do not see it a promotion squad.

But starting to look a bit more exciting :bluebird: :bluebird:



Don’t forget losing millions each month also


Whose fault is that?


He took us over losing millions a month.

He built two promotion teams.

We are still losing millions a month.

At least we have something to show for it Ian



You forgot the despicable rebrand and breaking the hearts of our fans and costing our club £millions.

And where are we now Neil?

And current debt?
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 126141
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby Bigmarkw » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:34 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Hardly dents the £36 m.


Bitterness will eat you inside mate. Forget about it move on. Or buy him out because no local fan has been interested for over two decades. Unless you want Cardiff to fail which sounds like you do sometimes.

Come buddy yesterday was a good day for the club you have to admit it?
Bigmarkw
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:43 pm

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby Bigmarkw » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:42 am

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Two loan signings and one permanent.

Got rid of another big earner Flint :thumbright:

Sold Etheridge and Paterson.

Had £36mill from Sky in October.

Spent no money .


2 permanent signings since January, got rid of 22 players including 10
Under 23’s.

Neil Harris words.

Squad is now only 20 players and we need up to 4 new players.

We got one out and three in.

I personally do not see it a promotion squad.

But starting to look a bit more exciting :bluebird: :bluebird:



Don’t forget losing millions each month also


Whose fault is that?


He took us over losing millions a month.

He built two promotion teams.

We are still losing millions a month.

At least we have something to show for it Ian



You forgot the despicable rebrand and breaking the hearts of our fans and costing our club £millions.

And where are we now Neil?

And current debt?



What I remember is 2 promotions to the premier league. 3 Wembley finals. Spending millions on players. Realising a mistake and putting it right. Etc etc. There is so much worse out there and no one local wanted to touch us for years.

Like I said above yesterday was a good as has been the last 10 years in general. No of us can control our past or what others do. Let’s enjoy the ride with our club. Anger, resentment and jealousy will eat us up and destroy our club.

3 points tomorrow and mid table security this year now I think should have warded off any relegation fears in my eyes.
Bigmarkw
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:43 pm

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby maccydee » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:38 am

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Two loan signings and one permanent.

Got rid of another big earner Flint :thumbright:

Sold Etheridge and Paterson.

Had £36mill from Sky in October.

Spent no money .


2 permanent signings since January, got rid of 22 players including 10
Under 23’s.

Neil Harris words.

Squad is now only 20 players and we need up to 4 new players.

We got one out and three in.

I personally do not see it a promotion squad.

But starting to look a bit more exciting :bluebird: :bluebird:



Don’t forget losing millions each month also


Whose fault is that?


He took us over losing millions a month.

He built two promotion teams.

We are still losing millions a month.

At least we have something to show for it Ian



You forgot the despicable rebrand and breaking the hearts of our fans and costing our club £millions.

And where are we now Neil?

And current debt?


Well as I’ve mentioned the rebrand multiple times I haven’t forgotten it.
maccydee
 
Posts: 7184
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:47 am

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Two loan signings and one permanent.

Got rid of another big earner Flint :thumbright:

Sold Etheridge and Paterson.

Had £36mill from Sky in October.

Spent no money .


2 permanent signings since January, got rid of 22 players including 10
Under 23’s.

Neil Harris words.

Squad is now only 20 players and we need up to 4 new players.

We got one out and three in.

I personally do not see it a promotion squad.

But starting to look a bit more exciting :bluebird: :bluebird:



Don’t forget losing millions each month also


Whose fault is that?


He took us over losing millions a month.

He built two promotion teams.

We are still losing millions a month.

At least we have something to show for it Ian



You forgot the despicable rebrand and breaking the hearts of our fans and costing our club £millions.

And where are we now Neil?

And current debt?


Well as I’ve mentioned the rebrand multiple times I haven’t forgotten it.

Neither have I forgotten the rebrand and I never will but VT put that right and continues to keep us afloat.
Slowly slowly catch ye monkey as they say ;)
Ponty Bluebird
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:49 pm

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby wez1927 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:29 am

Come on annis ,your a miserable git ,just admit its been a great window and the club and transfer committee have done great ,they have giot rid of players and replaced them with better
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 14852
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:23 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Hardly dents the £36 m.


Bitterness will eat you inside mate. Forget about it move on. Or buy him out because no local fan has been interested for over two decades. Unless you want Cardiff to fail which sounds like you do sometimes.

Come buddy yesterday was a good day for the club you have to admit it?


Tell you what I will move on when Tan replaces those red seats, removes the wiggly worm and then apologises properly to the fans for what he put us through.

Well that's not going to happen so just get use to me because I'm going nowhere.
User avatar
Bakedalasker
 
Posts: 16130
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:46 am
Location: Derby

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby Bigmarkw » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:49 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Hardly dents the £36 m.


Bitterness will eat you inside mate. Forget about it move on. Or buy him out because no local fan has been interested for over two decades. Unless you want Cardiff to fail which sounds like you do sometimes.

Come buddy yesterday was a good day for the club you have to admit it?


Tell you what I will move on when Tan replaces those red seats, removes the wiggly worm and then apologises properly to the fans for what he put us through.

Well that's not going to happen so just get use to me because I'm going nowhere.


Lol. Fair enough.
I’m sure you’ll find something else to be negative about if the seats went.

With what some people are going through I’m sure they love to have the problem that they football club seats aren’t the right colour.

But that said you are like everyone else entitled to your option.
Bigmarkw
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:43 pm

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby GENERAL CHAT » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:03 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Hardly dents the £36 m.


Bitterness will eat you inside mate. Forget about it move on. Or buy him out because no local fan has been interested for over two decades. Unless you want Cardiff to fail which sounds like you do sometimes.

Come buddy yesterday was a good day for the club you have to admit it?


Tell you what I will move on when Tan replaces those red seats, removes the wiggly worm and then apologises properly to the fans for what he put us through.

Well that's not going to happen so just get use to me because I'm going nowhere.


Come on Ian, some clubs are fearing the worst and actually folding because of what's happening all around us. Red seats and a small bit of red on our badge is the least of our worries.
To be honest, a lot of fans have moved on and I think you're in a minority now. What has happened has happened and no-one can change that.
Edmund: Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick?
Baldrick: No, but I've often thought that I'd like to.
Edmund: Well don't. It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the valleys terrifying people with their close-harmony singing
User avatar
GENERAL CHAT
 
Posts: 1864
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:07 pm

Re: Tan appreciation thread part deux

Postby Charlie Harper » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:27 pm

VT is easily the best owner this club has and will probably have ever. Some fans need to let it go or maybe VT can buy them an ice cream.
The debt we have is owed to VT so in reality there is no debt, and dont forget he has written off millions of pounds of debt unlike Scam who never ever spent a single penny of his own money.
Mad bad and dangerous to know
User avatar
Charlie Harper
 
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:43 am
Location: Malibu beach

Next


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bakedalasker, CityBlue93, DOCKER DAVIES, Floppsy, Google [Bot], Igovernor, marky1927, oohahhPaulMillar, papa, skidemin, smackajack101309 and 176 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.