Big blow to the Jacks but good for Wales

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Blueman39 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:28 pm

Joe Rondon has signed for Spurs for initial £1 fee...
Really rate him so great move if he gets decent game time .
Blueman39

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Big blow to the Jacks but good for Wales

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:04 pm

Blueman39 wrote:Joe Rondon has signed for Spurs for initial £1 fee...

Thought Swansea was a cheap place but £1? Should have done buy one get one free! :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:16 pm

£11m is a steal.

I'm amazed they accepted that, they could have got a lot of more.

Levy is known as a tough negotiator and there's the proof.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match, and your Player of the Month every month during the season :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:57 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:£11m is a steal.

I'm amazed they accepted that, they could have got a lot of more.

Levy is known as a tough negotiator and there's the proof.

Was stories that spurs were willing to add players to sweeten deal but obviously thats not happened... if this is final amount bit less than their £20m valuation..
pembroke allan

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:00 pm

Hate to say it but excellent player. Possible future Wales captain
bluebirdoct1962

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:57 pm

Good move for the lad - Jose ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby bluesince62 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:39 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Good move for the lad - Jose ;)

Have to agree,and didnt swans want £18m? Bit of a drop,but a nice little windfall for them,to keep the wolves from the door for as bit! But didnt manage to get 90k ayew off the books, a chunk of that is his wages lol.
bluesince62

Postby skidemin » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:11 am

pembroke allan wrote:

Thought Swansea was a cheap place but £1? Should have done buy one get one free! :laughing6:

:lol: :lol:
skidemin

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:39 am

skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Surprised their lot didn't spot this and corrected the O.P? Guess £1 was for buying a replacement for him...... :D
pembroke allan

Postby Doctor » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:52 am

It’s £15m.

£11m is up front cash. It has allowed us to bring in four players and ease our financial predicament.

May have been able to get closer to £20m if we had waited until the summer but we would have to weigh that up against not being able to bring anyone else in, which wasn’t really an option.

All in all, it’s probably a decent deal for all concerned including Wales.
Forum celebrity
Doctor

Postby thomasblue » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:01 am

Hes looked poor every time I've seen him , was awful the other day for wales .

He obviously has something though if Spurs want him. The other centre back the jacks have looks the better player to me .
thomasblue

Postby Doctor » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:21 am

He’s far from awful, very accomplished. Excellent range of passing and solid in the defensive unit, we have only conceded 1 goal so far in the league.

Cabango I assume is the other player you mean? It would be a stretch to say he is better, he isn’t as complete a centre back but he’s certainly got huge potential.

Ryan Bennet from Wolves (on loan to Leicester last season) and Joel Latibeaudiere from Man City come in as replacements on permanent deals. Ryan Manning coming in on a permanent deal in midfield and also Kasey Palmer coming in on loan. Apparently in advanced talks to sign Fabio Borini too.

A good window.
Forum celebrity
Doctor

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:55 am

thomasblue wrote:Hes looked poor every time I've seen him , was awful the other day for wales .

He obviously has something though if Spurs want him. The other centre back the jacks have looks the better player to me .

Joe Rodon is a quality player who imho will just get better and better and how you can say he was awful the other day for Wales is beyond me, just because he came through the youth with the jacks doesn’t mean you have to put the blinkers on, it’s Wales’ gain that he’s gone to spurs. ;)
Ponty Bluebird

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:06 am

thomasblue wrote:Hes looked poor every time I've seen him , was awful the other day for wales .

Have to disagree as I think Rodon is a class player. I don’t rate Cabango at all though - couldn’t mark a pools coupon imo.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Fusilier52 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:49 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Have to disagree as I think Rodon is a class player. I don’t rate Cabango at all though - couldn’t mark a pools coupon imo.

Well he must be doing something right (Cabango) ,part of a back 3 which has so far conceded one goal in 4 games .
Plus Brandon Cooper, waiting in the wings who's a very good prospect( another Academy product ).
An excellent transfer window from our perspective .
Fusilier52

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:23 am

Fusilier52 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Well he must be doing something right (Cabango) ,part of a back 3 which has so far conceded one goal in 4 games .
Plus Brandon Cooper, waiting in the wings who's a very good prospect( another Academy product ).

Our opinions differ then
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Doctor » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:33 am

Fusilier52 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Yep Cabango is class, destined for the Premier League too. But he should be with us for another season or two yet.
Forum celebrity
Doctor

Postby Fusilier52 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:42 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Our opinions differ then

That's what footballs all about , opinions
Fusilier52

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:19 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Our opinions differ then

That's what footballs all about , opinions

Absolutely.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Bluebina » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:33 pm

Doctor wrote:He’s far from awful, very accomplished. Excellent range of passing and solid in the defensive unit, we have only conceded 1 goal so far in the league.

Cabango I assume is the other player you mean? It would be a stretch to say he is better, he isn’t as complete a centre back but he’s certainly got huge potential.

Ryan Bennet from Wolves (on loan to Leicester last season) and Joel Latibeaudiere from Man City come in as replacements on permanent deals. Ryan Manning coming in on a permanent deal in midfield and also Kasey Palmer coming in on loan. Apparently in advanced talks to sign Fabio Borini too.

A good window.

1 game without him, 2 goals conceded, first game of many lost, cracking bit of business for Wales and Cardiff fans :lol:
Bluebina

Postby GENERAL CHAT » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:08 pm

[quote="Doctor"]He’s far from awful, very accomplished. Excellent range of passing and solid in the defensive unit, we have only conceded 1 goal so far in the league.

QUACK!
Edmund: Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick?
Baldrick: No, but I've often thought that I'd like to.
Edmund: Well don't. It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the valleys terrifying people with their close-harmony singing
GENERAL CHAT

Postby Doctor » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:00 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Doctor wrote:He’s far from awful, very accomplished. Excellent range of passing and solid in the defensive unit, we have only conceded 1 goal so far in the league.

A good window.

1 game without him, 2 goals conceded, first game of many lost, cracking bit of business for Wales and Cardiff fans :lol:

Aye, because if we kept him we would have won every single game, never conceded again and won the league at a canter.

You do realise he has been part of our side for many seasons now yes?
Forum celebrity
Doctor

Return to General Chat