Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

Is Benkovic in or not??

Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:51 pm

Nobody seems to know?

Am surprised the club wouldn't want to announce it tonight? Perhaps it's because he wouldn't have been eligible to play on Sunday?

The other argument is he hasn't signed. If he hasn't signed I'm guessing we were never in for him?

Credit to the board for getting the Wilson deal over the line.

Re: Is Benkovic in or not??

Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:26 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Nobody seems to know?

Am surprised the club wouldn't want to announce it tonight? Perhaps it's because he wouldn't have been eligible to play on Sunday?

The other argument is he hasn't signed. If he hasn't signed I'm guessing we were never in for him?

Credit to the board for getting the Wilson deal over the line.

Kudos for crediting the board.
Am hoping we announce him tomorrow, but in truth,not sure we have him! We will know soon enough I guess?

Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:42 pm

Doesn't look like, it's hours after the deadline now.

So we still only have one right back in our squad and it seems we have been unable to bring in a replacement for Flint.

I'm happy with Wilson joining, but I feel we needed one extra right back and one extra centre back.

We've lost Mendez-Laing, Etheridge and Paterson and only brought in Harry Wilson and Dillon Phillips. I think we needed a minimum of 5 new players, but we now have a small squad which with a few injuries, will have no chance challenging for promotion over a gruelling 46 game season.

Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:45 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Doesn't look like, it's hours after the deadline now.

So we still only have one right back in our squad and it seems we have been unable to bring in a replacement for Flint.

I'm happy with Wilson joining, but I feel we needed one extra right back and one extra centre back.

We've lost Mendez-Laing, Etheridge and Paterson and only brought in Harry Wilson and Dillon Phillips. I think we needed a minimum of 5 new players, but we now have a small squad which with a few injuries, will have no chance challenging for promotion over a gruelling 46 game season.

Isnt there another transfer window to come? ;)

Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:46 pm

Maybe they are waiting for the international clearance?

Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:51 pm

wez1927 wrote:Maybe they are waiting for the international clearance?

30mins ago still reporting closing in on deal so yes wez could be need clearance before announcing deal.. no new is good news hopefully.

Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:22 pm

IN ;) :bluescarf:

Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:57 pm

In! 41 mins ago..... on CCFC FB page.

A much better window than I thought in fairness with only Flint out.

Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:03 pm

Barclay1 wrote:In! 41 mins ago..... on CCFC FB page.

A much better window than I thought in fairness with only Flint out.

All things considered,a good window imho too,well done to the board and harris :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:
Post a reply