Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Does Covid actions justify the consequences ?

Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:18 am

maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:Thing is my folks have got diabetes and COPD and missing 3/4 of a lung and I’m terrified of them catching it because my sister is a nurse is terrified of them catching it. She has never been terrified before of them catching anything.

Why are people dying in such bad ways if it isn’t anything to worry about?

sorry to hear your parents are not good...
but what do you mean by dying in such bad ways ?

On a bed hooked up to a machine not able to breathe.

Sorry to hear about your parents and yes Covid is dangerous to them. But covid has been around for decades so they could of caught it last year the year before etc. This is just another strain.
My own Dad is 87 and in heart failure and many other health issues and if he got Covid it would deffo finish him off. But if he got influenza it would be the same outcome or the Nora virus. So we have to be careful.
My wife has MS and would not react to well either. But you have to put things into perspective that Covid isn’t going away just like influenza. Again when more people are dying of suicide than of covid so you have to say is the risk of dying of covid greater than of cancer heart disease suicides and many other conditions. People losing jobs and businesses and ultimately there homes. ?

Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:27 am

I am surprised that no one has mentioned the hospice situation. Many have said about the horrible way people die with covid but fail to see how awful it is to die of cancer without the proper care. This belief the only virus out there is covid or the only thing that is causing deaths is covid. Again they will put those that have gone undiagnosed this year the cause of death will be covid even though the cancer killed them. It’s already happening. One similar case in Germany a bodybuilder who was abusing steroids and was in heart failure and wasn’t a believer in covid. He did contract Covid and he did die after his heart gave out but cause of death ? COVID. This is happening everywhere where covid is being used as the cause of death when it was other reasons an dthat is why I won’t believe the statistics

Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:01 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:Obviously COVID is a thing and is killing people

but

H1N1 killed a lot more people in America than Covid has (currently) and there wasn’t the same reaction. I’ve no idea why.

likewise. Germany has reacted to covid much the same as we have here....

have a read of the report about their 2017 / 18 flu epidemic... which were published before covid came around..

25k Flu deaths compared to their 9k covid..
and 370k covid infections { positive test possibly with no or very mild illness } ... compared to 9 million medical attended Flu cases in 2018
so how come 2018 no meltdown..?
no wonder people are comming up with conspiracy theories as the two reactions are so different...

Those figures show that Covid is far more dangerous, due to a massive reaction in Germany with lockdowns distancing, hand washing, masks and all the other measures 9,000 deaths, with possibly 5% of the population getting it or less. Compare that with letting the flu rip no measures at all and allowing it to spread unguarded, go through care homes, no shielding of the weak and elderly and 25,000 deaths.

By those figures, if they allowed Covid to let rip that would be 180,000 deaths, maybe more as their health service would be overrun and unable to cope with the number of people requiring ventilators.

I'm not one for total lockdowns, but I don't believe all this conspiracy and it's only like the flu bollocks, it's a serious illness and we need decent interventions to stop it spreading, mostly reducing indoor contact with poor ventilation when the virus is present in very large numbers, and possibly local short term measures as we had in Wales before yesterdays decision.

We will go around In circles for next 12mnths once this lockdown is eased how long before next spike? Tgen what lockdown again ? The more you do this the more people will disregard the gvmnts advice! Have you heard about a vaccine past two months? No because it's not as simple as was made out be lucky to have one end of next year even then scientists saying may not be as effective as people think..

Loads of news on Vaccines, 9 are going through final stage 3 trials, meaning they already feel they are perfectly safe, they are testing to see how effective they are.

Talk of a vaccine by Christmas to March, the best brains in the World are on the case and there are many different types that work in completely different ways. I'm an optimist and think that by this time next year everyone who wants one would have had the chance to have one.

As for controlling it until then, you have no chance, it is going to need to be lots of mini local lockdowns until the vaccine, and then the NHS should be able to cope with the people scared of the vaccine catching covid, so back to some normality.

Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:03 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:Thing is my folks have got diabetes and COPD and missing 3/4 of a lung and I’m terrified of them catching it because my sister is a nurse is terrified of them catching it. She has never been terrified before of them catching anything.

Sorry to hear about your parents and yes Covid is dangerous to them. But covid has been around for decades so they could of caught it last year the year before etc. This is just another strain.
My own Dad is 87 and in heart failure and many other health issues and if he got Covid it would deffo finish him off. But if he got influenza it would be the same outcome or the Nora virus. So we have to be careful.
My wife has MS and would not react to well either. But you have to put things into perspective that Covid isn’t going away just like influenza. Again when more people are dying of suicide than of covid so you have to say is the risk of dying of covid greater than of cancer heart disease suicides and many other conditions. People losing jobs and businesses and ultimately there homes. ?

Mate thankfully that hasn’t happened to my folks. But it’s happened to a lot of people’s folks.

I can’t see how it’s been around for years.

Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:11 pm

maccydee wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Mate thankfully that hasn’t happened to my folks. But it’s happened to a lot of people’s folks.

Covid has virus has been around for decades mate

Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:11 pm

maccydee wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Covid -19 hasn't, coronaviruses are a group of viruses that usually cause mild illnesses, such as the common cold.

Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:31 pm

Bluebina wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
skidemin wrote:

but

H1N1 killed a lot more people in America than Covid has (currently) and there wasn’t the same reaction. I’ve no idea why.

have a read of the report about their 2017 / 18 flu epidemic... which were published before covid came around..

and 370k covid infections { positive test possibly with no or very mild illness } ... compared to 9 million medical attended Flu cases in 2018
no wonder people are comming up with conspiracy theories as the two reactions are so different...

Those figures show that Covid is far more dangerous, due to a massive reaction in Germany with lockdowns distancing, hand washing, masks and all the other measures 9,000 deaths, with possibly 5% of the population getting it or less. Compare that with letting the flu rip no measures at all and allowing it to spread unguarded, go through care homes, no shielding of the weak and elderly and 25,000 deaths.

By those figures, if they allowed Covid to let rip that would be 180,000 deaths, maybe more as their health service would be overrun and unable to cope with the number of people requiring ventilators.

I'm not one for total lockdowns, but I don't believe all this conspiracy and it's only like the flu bollocks, it's a serious illness and we need decent interventions to stop it spreading, mostly reducing indoor contact with poor ventilation when the virus is present in very large numbers, and possibly local short term measures as we had in Wales before yesterdays decision.

We will go around In circles for next 12mnths once this lockdown is eased how long before next spike? Tgen what lockdown again ? The more you do this the more people will disregard the gvmnts advice! Have you heard about a vaccine past two months? No because it's not as simple as was made out be lucky to have one end of next year even then scientists saying may not be as effective as people think..

Loads of news on Vaccines, 9 are going through final stage 3 trials, meaning they already feel they are perfectly safe, they are testing to see how effective they are.

Talk of a vaccine by Christmas to March, the best brains in the World are on the case and there are many different types that work in completely different ways. I'm an optimist and think that by this time next year everyone who wants one would have had the chance to have one.

As for controlling it until then, you have no chance, it is going to need to be lots of mini local lockdowns until the vaccine, and then the NHS should be able to cope with the people scared of the vaccine catching covid, so back to some normality.

Scared of the vaccine or scared of the Covid - interesting theory.

Even if they come up with a vaccine that's 100% safe (unlikely of course and there's no way that any long term effects can have been measured) it will take months to administer and then months of observation in the community during which time lockdowns will still be required.

Assuming that thousands of people who have been vaccinated will continue to die from Covid 19 even after they've been injected (as is the case with flu at the moment) when will it ever be safe to return to any form of normality again?

Unless it is suggested that being vaccinated against Covid will actually prevent you from ever catching it but I'm not sure I've seen that being suggested anywhere - if I'm wrong please put me right.

Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:45 pm

davids wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
skidemin wrote:

but

Even if they come up with a vaccine that's 100% safe (unlikely of course and there's no way that any long term effects can have been measured) it will take months to administer and then months of observation in the community during which time lockdowns will still be required.

Assuming that thousands of people who have been vaccinated will continue to die from Covid 19 even after they've been injected (as is the case with flu at the moment) when will it ever be safe to return to any form of normality again?

Unless it is suggested that being vaccinated against Covid will actually prevent you from ever catching it but I'm not sure I've seen that being suggested anywhere - if I'm wrong please put me right.

Some people will be more scared of the vaccine than covid, so if they won't take the vaccine let them crack on, some will catch covid if they do the NHS would hopefully be able to cope?

They don't know yet, many types of vaccines working in many different ways, also it depends on the age of the recipient, older people develop a lower immunity response, meaning it could last for a shorter period than younger people.

I predict that we will start the first year with one vaccine or a combination, that may work for a period until we need a booster or an alternative more effective vaccine in the future. There are thousands being developed from the cleverest people in the World, there will be a breakthrough. Worst case scenario we live with it normally using vaccines with some deaths like we do flu, at least things could get back to normality.

Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:27 pm

maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:

there really are far worse deaths... i know it sounds harsh but is the truth... very early on in this i watched a doctor from the royal gwent interviewed... he had just got off being told by his dad { who is terminal with cancer } on the phone that should he get covid to make sure he was not stuck on a ventilator as it sounded a much better death than the one he was lined up for.... having watched relatives die inch by inch i agree... people seem obsessed with the idea this is the absolute worse thing ever and its not... you can die today or tomorrow just like i can, out of the blue.your gone.. or you can get heart disease., cancer, a stroke and be kept alive with a shit life for years..its life... death is the shitty part...

Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:32 pm

davids wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
skidemin wrote:

but

vacine........ seems to have invaded our lives....
do we need a vacine for something that makes a lot less people actually ill than the flu does...
and has been responsible for 1 in 40 UK deaths over the last 4 months...

Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:07 pm

skidemin wrote:
davids wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
skidemin wrote:

but

do we need a vacine for something that makes a lot less people actually ill than the flu does...

Yes we do, 5% of people have had it, do you want another 8 years like this?

Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:28 pm

Bluebina wrote:
skidemin wrote:
davids wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
skidemin wrote:

but

how about a vacine for all the things that are far more likely to kill us ?
on that note...all this best brains in the world working on it stuff....at the expense of working on what else ?
one day people will die months before a cure for one thing or other.. if only eh...just cross fingers its not you seems to be everyones take...

Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:27 am

skidemin wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
skidemin wrote:
davids wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
skidemin wrote:

but

on that note...all this best brains in the world working on it stuff....at the expense of working on what else ?
one day people will die months before a cure for one thing or other.. if only eh...just cross fingers its not you seems to be everyones take...

We know why they are putting everything into this because it's a Worldwide pandemic, that somehow has to be stopped, the work on other areas is continuing.

Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:50 am

That is, so sad to hear both parents dying.
If this virus is not brought under control more essential NHS services will be hit.
A large section of U. K society is selfish and alcohol reliant. Not observing the rules.
How many of these people have taken the virus home to parents etc.
Then there's the inner city cramped rundown housing stock.
Whilst on the surface the UK economy looks healthy there's a under belly of poverty.
Stick to the rules and hopefully
the vaccine will come soon.
But how do you stick to the rules if you've got no money?

Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:29 pm

Bluebina wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
skidemin wrote:
davids wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
skidemin wrote:

but

We know why they are putting everything into this because it's a Worldwide pandemic, that somehow has to be stopped, the work on other areas is continuing.

ah so these best brains in the world were not working on anything prior then.. were they bakers, butchers or on the dole ?
no mate theyve been taken off what ever else they were doing...