Bacuna

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bacuna

Postby semmy » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:37 pm

Bacuna is a liability at full back... Hope this switch doesn't cost us.
semmy
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:05 am
Location: Rhondda

Bacuna

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Bacuna

Postby welshrarebit » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:02 pm

To be fair he isn’t a left back. He is there because of injury
welshrarebit
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:34 pm

Re: Bacuna

Postby snoopystorm » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:51 pm

welshrarebit wrote:To be fair he isn’t a left back. He is there because of injury


To be fair his introduction to the PL with Villa was at Left Back where he scored on his debut against Man Utd and played a couple of seasons in that position
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
User avatar
snoopystorm
 
Posts: 1834
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:12 pm
Location: Kenfig Hill

Re: Bacuna

Postby welshrarebit » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:57 pm

My point still stands. He wasn’t selected there he was moved there because of an injury. He didn’t cost us and he won’t be the main player there.
welshrarebit
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:34 pm

Re: Bacuna

Postby boyo1927 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:59 pm

He started off ropey but 2nd half i though he did well for a right footed midfielder
boyo1927
 
Posts: 1760
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:23 pm

Re: Bacuna

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:02 pm

Why are some people so determined to still criticise one of our players after a good performance and win? Bacuna filled in and did his best, he's not a left back, but we still kept a clean sheet. Enjoy our win.
Tonteg Bluebird
 
Posts: 6677
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: Bacuna

Postby snoopystorm » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:07 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Why are some people so determined to still criticise one of our players after a good performance and win? Bacuna filled in and did his best, he's not a left back, but we still kept a clean sheet. Enjoy our win.


Agree with you, my point is that he can play LB and has done so for a while and at the top level
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
User avatar
snoopystorm
 
Posts: 1834
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:12 pm
Location: Kenfig Hill

Re: Bacuna

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:42 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Why are some people so determined to still criticise one of our players after a good performance and win? Bacuna filled in and did his best, he's not a left back, but we still kept a clean sheet. Enjoy our win.

Spot on fella and well said
Ponty Bluebird
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:49 pm

Re: Bacuna

Postby bluebirdrob » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:55 pm

Not his strongest position but he did a good job today
Well played Bacuna today pushed into Left back after injury,LB RB CM he does his best for the team
Not many players are as versatile as him.
User avatar
bluebirdrob
 
Posts: 1003
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Bacuna

Postby Blueman39 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:56 pm

He’s a liability anywhere on the pitch....gives the ball away far too much
Blueman39
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:57 am

Re: Bacuna

Postby moonboots » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:23 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Why are some people so determined to still criticise one of our players after a good performance and win? Bacuna filled in and did his best, he's not a left back, but we still kept a clean sheet. Enjoy our win.

Some people like to moan...even after a very good away win. :thumbup:
moonboots
 
Posts: 2738
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:18 pm

Re: Bacuna

Postby bluesince62 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:47 pm

Blueman39 wrote:He’s a liability anywhere on the pitch....gives the ball away far too much



Now now,less of the positivity!!!
bluesince62
 
Posts: 3645
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: Bacuna

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:06 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Why are some people so determined to still criticise one of our players after a good performance and win? Bacuna filled in and did his best, he's not a left back, but we still kept a clean sheet. Enjoy our win.

Agree mate.
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 4635
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:39 am

Re: Bacuna

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:07 pm

Blueman39 wrote:He’s a liability anywhere on the pitch....gives the ball away far too much

All opinions but I think he’s very good at CDM at this level.
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 4635
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:39 am

Re: Bacuna

Postby blemmy » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:21 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Blueman39 wrote:He’s a liability anywhere on the pitch....gives the ball away far too much

All opinions but I think he’s very good at CDM at this level.


This.

Great win today and all the team deserve our praise.

Just a couple of observations rather than criticisms:

Bacuna - Quality CDM but a liability at full back - his defensive mentality at the moment is entirely lacking and likely to cause us major issues if he retains that position for long.

Osei-Tutu - Decent pacey full back but looks a bit light weight - too easily knocked off the ball.

Bamba - Been a God and a Rock in years gone by but not now - there were times today where he had no idea where the ball was but got lucky with the bounce.

Well done the Lads!! :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
blemmy
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:37 pm

Re: Bacuna

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:25 pm

blemmy wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Blueman39 wrote:He’s a liability anywhere on the pitch....gives the ball away far too much

All opinions but I think he’s very good at CDM at this level.


This.

Great win today and all the team deserve our praise.

Just a couple of observations rather than criticisms:

Bacuna - Quality CDM but a liability at full back - his defensive mentality at the moment is entirely lacking and likely to cause us major issues if he retains that position for long.

Osei-Tutu - Decent pacey full back but looks a bit light weight - too easily knocked off the ball.

Bamba - Been a God and a Rock in years gone by but not now - there were times today where he had no idea where the ball was but got lucky with the bounce.

Well done the Lads!! :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Agree re Bamba. I’ve no idea why the new CH didn’t come on tbh.
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 4635
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:39 am

Re: Bacuna

Postby thomasblue » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:55 pm

I thought bacuna did a good job considering he was out of position and on his wrong foot with no time to prepare .
thomasblue
 
Posts: 6596
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:20 pm

Re: Bacuna

Postby Crayfish » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:17 pm

thomasblue wrote:I thought bacuna did a good job considering he was out of position and on his wrong foot with no time to prepare .


Agreed thought Bacuna had a good game both in midfield and at full back he has been one our best players since the comeback. Apart from one bad game away at Reading last season he has been ok when he has had to play fullback though he is better in midfield. I was dubious about the signing when Warnock signed him but he has got better and better.
Crayfish
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Bacuna

Postby skidemin » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:36 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
blemmy wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Blueman39 wrote:He’s a liability anywhere on the pitch....gives the ball away far too much

All opinions but I think he’s very good at CDM at this level.


This.

Great win today and all the team deserve our praise.

Just a couple of observations rather than criticisms:

Bacuna - Quality CDM but a liability at full back - his defensive mentality at the moment is entirely lacking and likely to cause us major issues if he retains that position for long.

Osei-Tutu - Decent pacey full back but looks a bit light weight - too easily knocked off the ball.

Bamba - Been a God and a Rock in years gone by but not now - there were times today where he had no idea where the ball was but got lucky with the bounce.

Well done the Lads!! :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Agree re Bamba. I’ve no idea why the new CH didn’t come on tbh.



bit strange... if he is going to play Sol ahead of him maybe we should have brought a RB in...no doubt we will know more in time..
skidemin
 
Posts: 2790
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MOZZER1, WestCoastBlue and 95 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.