' Newport County REFUSE to take the knee '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Newport County REFUSE to take the knee '

Postby Bluebina » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:17 pm

Good so boring, they've hammered home their point, when do we start clapping for nurses again?
Bluebina

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:06 pm

You can’t make someone do something and it’s upto them. That said, It depends how one views the meaning behind it. For me personally I see it as something unattached to the BLM movement UK as it didnt originate from BLM in the first place, but one where people stand up against racism and show their support for black people or anyone that suffers racism. One where people are demonstrating that we all stand together as one equally. Having known people suffer due to discrimination, abuse and worse I will always support the fight against racism but taking the knee has caused a lot of negativity and I think many people have misunderstood the whole point of it. Thank goodness there are many other ways to show your support.
Once a blue always a blue44

Postby rumpo kid » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:08 pm

I always assumed Josh was a computer program that fronted the Communist Party(well, one of them) in Britain.
‘Jabbering Over-Sensitive Hissyfit..

I may be wrong tho..
rumpo kid

Postby CCFCJosh75 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:14 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:I assume...

and there in lies your fundamental problem. Your too focused on your own assumptions, twisting things to points score and winning the argument - to ever try to actually understand the opposing view.

You've done it on so many different threads over and over again you've become a parody of yourself.

It's no point blaming others for not giving your posts credibility when you have systematically proven yourself to have none, time and time again on this board.

You know Josh when everybody is telling you the same thing, there is a likelihood that it may in fact be you that is wrong. It's not always the case but it is a consideration I personally would take on board if the shoe were on the other foot.

I've said this to you on other threads, but you chose to take it as an insult, so I will say it once again, with the very best of intentions as politely as I can - if you were to stop trying to win arguments and adopting a position of arrogance at every turn, people would be less inclined to think you are a either a troll or a ideologically driven zealot. Until you do that though, you cannot blame anyone other than yourself for the opinion they hold of you.

The insult I actually meant was "I'm still waiting for you to form an independent thought." I suppose the fundamental problem is you were too focused on what you assumed I meant and twisted it to point score and win the argument.

The problem with the 'if everyone is saying' argument is that the moment you say something against this forums narrative (and by that I mean half a dozen people's narrative) you get name called (a left wing loony, a snowflake, a troll etc).You could create an account and post something pro drakeford or mention blm in a non derogatory way and you'd get insulted.

If you think I try and 'win' every argument and I shouldn't. When did you last admit defeat in one?
CCFCJosh75

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:27 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

and there in lies your fundamental problem. Your too focused on your own assumptions, twisting things to points score and winning the argument - to ever try to actually understand the opposing view.

You've done it on so many different threads over and over again you've become a parody of yourself.

It's no point blaming others for not giving your posts credibility when you have systematically proven yourself to have none, time and time again on this board.

You know Josh when everybody is telling you the same thing, there is a likelihood that it may in fact be you that is wrong. It's not always the case but it is a consideration I personally would take on board if the shoe were on the other foot.

I've said this to you on other threads, but you chose to take it as an insult, so I will say it once again, with the very best of intentions as politely as I can - if you were to stop trying to win arguments and adopting a position of arrogance at every turn, people would be less inclined to think you are a either a troll or a ideologically driven zealot. Until you do that though, you cannot blame anyone other than yourself for the opinion they hold of you.

The insult I actually meant was "I'm still waiting for you to form an independent thought." I suppose the fundamental problem is you were too focused on what you assumed I meant and twisted it to point score and win the argument.

The problem with the 'if everyone is saying' argument is that the moment you say something against this forums narrative (and by that I mean half a dozen people's narrative) you get name called (a left wing loony, a snowflake, a troll etc).You could create an account and post something pro drakeford or mention blm in a non derogatory way and you'd get insulted.

If you think I try and 'win' every argument and I shouldn't. When did you last admit defeat in one?

I wouldn’t worry too much about the Others comments, it’s Often very one sided and not very diverse and one person will follow another rather than actually being able to form their own opinion. Aslong as you are true to your thoughts than stuff what others think. Nothing wrong with a good debate but things should never get personal. If they do probably steer well clear.

Postby skidemin » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:32 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:You can’t make someone do something and it’s upto them. That said, It depends how one views the meaning behind it. For me personally I see it as something unattached to the BLM movement UK as it didnt originate from BLM in the first place, but one where people stand up against racism and show their support for black people or anyone that suffers racism. One where people are demonstrating that we all stand together as one equally. Having known people suffer due to discrimination, abuse and worse I will always support the fight against racism but taking the knee has caused a lot of negativity and I think many people have misunderstood the whole point of it. Thank goodness there are many other ways to show your support.

you cant make someone do something
bit naive if you think all these young boys have much choice in this.. the media coverage of this Newport game screams that surely ? your either on your knee or there vill be an investigation and lots of media coverage... nobody should be put in this situation ...
skidemin

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:37 pm

skidemin wrote:
Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:You can’t make someone do something and it’s upto them. That said, It depends how one views the meaning behind it. For me personally I see it as something unattached to the BLM movement UK as it didnt originate from BLM in the first place, but one where people stand up against racism and show their support for black people or anyone that suffers racism. One where people are demonstrating that we all stand together as one equally. Having known people suffer due to discrimination, abuse and worse I will always support the fight against racism but taking the knee has caused a lot of negativity and I think many people have misunderstood the whole point of it. Thank goodness there are many other ways to show your support.

bit naive if you think all these young boys have much choice in this.. the media coverage of this Newport game screams that surely ? your either on your knee or there vill be an investigation and lots of media coverage... nobody should be put in this situation ...

Yes you can’t make someone do something as people are responsible for their own actions but these actions may lead to consequences. Again I guess it depends on their own personal reasons - if they literally were seen to be either INdividually or part of a racist group than there should be repercussions - proving any of it is difficult. This is the trouble with a lot of racism is it can be subtle.
Last edited by Once a blue always a blue44 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby stickywicket » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:40 pm

skidemin wrote:

The good lord made us all in his own image.
Ask yourselves What would Jesus say?
stickywicket

Postby skidemin » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:42 pm

stickywicket wrote:
skidemin wrote:

The good lord made us all in his own image.
Ask yourselves What would Jesus say?

jesus wasnt a nazi...and does this qualify as an all things Cardiff football thread
skidemin

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:03 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:The insult I actually meant was "I'm still waiting for you to form an independent thought." I suppose the fundamental problem is you were too focused on what you assumed I meant and twisted it to point score and win the argument.

I wondered when the victim card would make appearance. There is an old saying if you can't take it don't give it out. I used to get ate up over personal abuse but now I think of it as part and parcel of taking part in debate and blank out the insults and concentrate on the substance. May be you should try the same although being called a 'Marxist' would never make my top 10 when it comes to name calling. In any case why do you find it insulting to be called a Marxist surely it should be a badge of honour?
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:12 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:Yes you can’t make someone do something as people are responsible for their own actions but these actions may lead to consequences. Again I guess it depends on their own personal reasons - if they literally were seen to be either INdividually or part of a racist group than there should be repercussions - proving any of it is difficult. This is the trouble with a lot of racism is it can be subtle.

In theory you can't force people to go against their own will, but in practise it happens all the time, as taking the knee is proving.

I agree with you that racism can be subtle. The phrase 'White Privilege' now spouted by BLM is a classic example IMO. Dress up as reason for the plight of poor black people but in reality it is a subtle racial slur. It's time stamping on racism became a two way street.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby skidemin » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:14 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Yes you can’t make someone do something as people are responsible for their own actions but these actions may lead to consequences. Again I guess it depends on their own personal reasons - if they literally were seen to be either INdividually or part of a racist group than there should be repercussions - proving any of it is difficult. This is the trouble with a lot of racism is it can be subtle.

racist group? what are you on about...
and yes people will go along with... if not going along with means unwanted attention and lunatics implying things about them..
skidemin

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:33 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Playing the victim card is very, very shaky ground for you to tread upon Josh.

You know you have said and suggested things about other posters that were so far beyond the pale that I won't repeat them, in an attempt to win your petty arguments. So don't try to passive aggressively play the martyr with me. You reap what you sow and you have consistently attacked others on here, it is little wonder so many are ready to call you out on it.

And for the record, I have found common ground with people on the other side of a discussion many, many times on this board as I genuinely think it is a better way to approach discussion.
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby GLASCOEDBLUE » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:32 pm

Be very instresting to see what happens if this still continues when the fans return to the grounds, I for one believe that many club fans will let there team know what they think of it..
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
LIFE'S NEVER DULL FOLLOWING THE BLUEBIRDS
GLASCOEDBLUE

Postby moonboots » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:39 pm

skidemin wrote:
moonboots wrote:Why the hell is this a sticky??

well currently its the busiest thread on the board so if stickies were abolished it would actually be top anyway....go figure

You missed my point mr sarky. Why the f**k would cewnty not taking the knee be of such interest on a Cardiff City forum? Everyone getting their knickers in a twist!!
moonboots

Postby stickywicket » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:58 pm

Enslaved 2 part series bbc I player an eye opener
Worth remembering our ancestors ,men women and children were worked to an early grave by the same people who made money out of the slave trade.
Modern slavery still exists.
White people with learning difficulties found enslaved in Cardiff.Kids under the age of 16 working for county line gangs.
stickywicket

Postby skidemin » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:12 pm

stickywicket wrote:Enslaved 2 part series bbc I player an eye opener
Worth remembering our ancestors ,men women and children were worked to an early grave by the same people who made money out of the slave trade.
Modern slavery still exists.
White people with learning difficulties found enslaved in Cardiff.Kids under the age of 16 working for county line gangs.

yes indeed.. these are points that have been made in many threads by many posters....
and yes slavery still exists and existed long before Europeans decided a trans atlantic slave trade would be lucrative...
skidemin

Postby CCFCJosh75 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:21 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

You know you have said and suggested things about other posters that were so far beyond the pale that I won't repeat them, in an attempt to win your petty arguments. So don't try to passive aggressively play the martyr with me. You reap what you sow and you have consistently attacked others on here, it is little wonder so many are ready to call you out on it.

And for the record, I have found common ground with people on the other side of a discussion many, many times on this board as I genuinely think it is a better way to approach discussion.

Is there an echo in here or are you unconsciously repeating other people from this topic? It's either that or you're projecting again. :sleepy2:
CCFCJosh75

Postby CCFCJosh75 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:26 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:The insult I actually meant was "I'm still waiting for you to form an independent thought." I suppose the fundamental problem is you were too focused on what you assumed I meant and twisted it to point score and win the argument.

I wondered when the victim card would make appearance. There is an old saying if you can't take it don't give it out. I used to get ate up over personal abuse but now I think of it as part and parcel of taking part in debate and blank out the insults and concentrate on the substance. May be you should try the same although being called a 'Marxist' would never make my top 10 when it comes to name calling. In any case why do you find it insulting to be called a Marxist surely it should be a badge of honour?

Well according to people on here Marxists and Communists (take your pick because apparently they're interchangeable) were the same or even worse than the Nazis. Maybe I should start calling people Nazis to see if they can 'take it'.
CCFCJosh75

Postby spikeferndale » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:09 pm

That's a good point Josh.
Why do some people on here call people Communists or Marxists when they have opinions different to them?
Does it make them feel good? To try an alienate them? or to wind them up.
I haven't seen any comments on this site, that would make me assume that person was a Marxist.
spikeferndale

Postby glas » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:29 pm

If you believe in big government, nationalised industries (government controlled production, supply and use) and control of the media and civil/public services then you are a marxist, or socialist, or communist which ever you prefer to call it. You are also a Nazi (National Socialist Worker). So obviously you can pick whichever you prefer.
glas

Postby spikeferndale » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:35 pm

So where do the Tories & Liberals fit into all this Glas?
They seem to be the only ones you have left out. lol
spikeferndale

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:13 pm

spikeferndale wrote:So where do the Tories & Liberals fit into all this Glas?
They seem to be the only ones you have left out. lol

The Tories believe in small Governments. The Liberals I'm sure are Big Government followers.
Bakedalasker

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:10 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Is there an echo in here or are you unconsciously repeating other people from this topic? It's either that or you're projecting again. :sleepy2:

I've never had posts removed for doxing people and accusing them of the worst crimes possible without any substance what so ever to back up the horrendous accusations.

How about you Josh?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=217223&p=2228711&hilit=+Josh#p2228711

I'm projecting nothing when I point out your own failings.
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:55 pm

spikeferndale wrote:That's a good point Josh.
Why do some people on here call people Communists or Marxists when they have opinions different to them?
I haven't seen any comments on this site, that would make me assume that person was a Marxist.

In fairness Spike, you just haven't been paying attention for long enough if thats your belief. Thing is this discusion had been going on far longer than this one thread..

The fundamental point is that BLM is and always has been a Marxist organisation. Support a Marxist organisation you can expect to be called a Marxist (not aimed at you but in general)

An explanation of the BLM movement, and the fact that it has always been a extreme left group and not grass roots organisation as is portrayed is here

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=215875&p=2214300&hilit=+Black+lives+matter#p2214300

And a decent outline of why BLM is Marxist and why it is nigh on impossible to separate the phrase from the group is here

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=215640&p=2211285&hilit=+Marxist#p2211285

Josh tried really hard to outline why Marxism wasn't Communism in this thread, throwing his mighty intellect behind the point here

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=217738&p=2234107&hilit=+Communism#p2234107

I even went to the effort of putting a book list together with a link to a pdf of each book for free to help Josh and anyone else who cared to understand the context of Marxism vs classical English liberalism here

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=217583&start=30

So yes, people are calling out Marxism, but not to alienate them, or to wind them up, but because whether those people know it or not (and I suspect most dont), they are still supporting an overtly Marxist organisation. Ignorance should be no defence when we all have access to the Internet. That's surely fair, is it not?

Finally, as a brief side note pay attention to who is the instigator of any and all name calling in each of those threads above (clue their name begins with J and ends in osh)
ealing_ayatollah

Postby skidemin » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:07 am

CCFCJosh75 wrote:

Well according to people on here Marxists and Communists (take your pick because apparently they're interchangeable) were the same or even worse than the Nazis. Maybe I should start calling people Nazis to see if they can 'take it'.

maybe you should START calling people...
i think you should google the word start ... no your not above it all , level headed or PC your an unstable joke who has periodic meltdowns..
skidemin

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:26 am

CCFCJosh75 wrote:

You already did that Josh

https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/view ... &start=120

You do know how the internet works right? You do realise we can all go back and see your old posts?
ealing_ayatollah

Postby Jock » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:17 am

CCFCJosh75 wrote:

Remind me Josh, who wrote the Communist Manifesto?
Jock

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:13 am

CCFCJosh75 wrote:Well according to people on here Marxists and Communists (take your pick because apparently they're interchangeable) were the same or even worse than the Nazis. Maybe I should start calling people Nazis to see if they can 'take it'.

Does it matter what other people think? If you are a Marxist then that's your choice be proud and stand up for your beliefs. The comparison and subtle division tactic about seeing if others can 'take' being called a Nazi is quite pathetic.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Nuclearblue » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:47 am

spikeferndale wrote:That's a good point Josh.

Because BLM is a Marxist/Anarchist group and that can’t be denied. Now if you support BLM then I assume it’s because you believe the causes they are pushing. But they say they support them because they believe in the title Black Lives Matter.
So I give you this if someone says they support strongly the group Britain First. But when they are called a racist fascist that are anti immigration etc they say what makes them believe they are anti immigrants ? But then tell you they support them because they agree with the name Britain First and we should put Britain First. Or someone that says they support the Brexit Party but then says but what makes you think I’m anti EU ?
You can’t support a group etc because you like the name only. So to me if someone says they support BLM that is their own choice and preference but what I really object to is someone like Nathan Blake telling other people or players they must support this Marxist anarchist group. Sorry if you believe in Marxism that’s your choice but it gets dangerous when some are forcibly trying to push it onto others. Haven’t we learned the lessons of the past when political ideals are forcibly pushed onto the population be it Fascism or communism/ Marxism. Both are evil and dangerous and have killed hundreds of millions.
Look at China today and tell me if Communism works ? Sorry but it doesn’t.
Nuclearblue

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat