Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mendez Laing

Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:22 pm

Just out of interest ... anyone know any more?

Re: Mendez Laing

Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:32 pm

nothing coming out at all The fact no club has signed him up speaks volumes that whatever he has done he is liable to a sentence of some sort

Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:57 pm

Abergavenny wrote:nothing coming out at all The fact no club has signed him up speaks volumes that whatever he has done he is liable to a sentence of some sort

Not necessarily mate.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:12 pm

If it nothing serious you would have thought he would have found a new club by now

The fact the players union has not come out in support of their member is also significant

It’s pointing towards something very serious but only time will tell

Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:55 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:nothing coming out at all The fact no club has signed him up speaks volumes that whatever he has done he is liable to a sentence of some sort

Not necessarily mate.

Afternoon 62r,I said some time back,that it must be very serious,no offers for a player that is decent?? Also read back last month that a gagging order was on place,and not even any players know why he was ditched! They are banned from knowing,just upstairs and harris know by all accounts, but it cannot be trivial thats certain,to warrant instant dismissal,and nobody must talk about it! Sounds very much like criminal proccedings are likely,thus nobody dare speak of it,as could lead to them being in trouble?? I may be wrong,but I believe it to be very serious indeed.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:23 pm

I think he’s failed a drugs test and in the current climate of football they can not afford to be paying his wages whilst he’s banned. And this would also cover the reason why he’s not been picked up by another club.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:24 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:I think he’s failed a drugs test and in the current climate of football they can not afford to be paying his wages whilst he’s banned. And this would also cover the reason why he’s not been picked up by another club.

I would be surprised if it was just a failed drug test I don't think there would be that level of secrecy over a failed dug test.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:27 pm

Crayfish wrote:
Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:I think he’s failed a drugs test and in the current climate of football they can not afford to be paying his wages whilst he’s banned. And this would also cover the reason why he’s not been picked up by another club.

I would be surprised if it was just a failed drug test I don't think there would be that level of secrecy over a failed dug test.

If its your first offence, it's a 6 month ban and it is kept secret.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:55 pm

If that were the case of a 6 month ban,why would the club dismiss him outright? Especially as you are suggesting, it's kept under wraps,as him now being a free agent,he would have the right to sign for any club who wanted him?
Anyway,it's all conjecture as to why he has gone,guess we will find out in time. :old: :bluebird:

Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:12 pm

It's worse than that, nothing happens these days when they do that, short spell off slapped wrist back to playing.

Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:13 pm

Bluebina wrote:

It's worse than that, nothing happens these days when they do that, short spell off slapped wrist back to playing.

Or maybe something completely unrelated to drugs / drink.

Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:27 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Yep the initial rumours could have been way off the mark?

Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:20 pm

Bluebina wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Yep the initial rumours could have been way off the mark?

which one.. people had him doing all sorts..
but he wasnt sacked for gross misconduct..