Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who was your man of the match v Preston North End away?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:53 pm

Alex Smithies
2%
Jordi Osei-Tutu
6%
Sean Morrison
67%
Curtis Nelson
9%
Greg Cunningham
No votes
Leandro Bacuna
1%
Marlon Pack
5%
Joe Ralls
4%
Junior Hoilett
No votes
Sheyi Ojo
4%
Kieffer Moore
1%
Harry Wilson (sub)
1%
Sol Bamba (sub)
No votes
Will Vaulks (sub)
No votes

Total votes : 81

Re: VOTE " MOTM v Preston North End (a) "

Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:52 pm

thomasblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:
thomasblue wrote:Morrison and Tutu played well.

Everyone else were average

Ojo was awful other than the goal

You really don’t like him do you?

I'm assuming you're talking about Ojo , and you're right i think he's crap. I would rather Whyte play areas he puts effort in.

He did nothing today other than a well taken goal that he should have passed to Wilson

He constantly out the ball and dont think he beat his man once down that flank . Tutu did his job for him

Serious question mate, do you think Hoilett was better than Ojo today? If yes, please explain how?

Hoilett was just being Hoilett

Gets the ball but does nothing with it but protects his full back better than he goes forward. At least he chases down and makes some sort of a effort unlike Ojo who seems to want to walk around and wait for the ball to come to him only to then proceed to do nothing with it

Serious question , if Ojo Hadn't scored that goal which he should have squared to Wilson. What would you have scored his performance today ?
He did absolutely nothing else of note in 90mins
What have you seen in his 4/5 games to give you any sort of opinion that he is good enough to be starting for us ?

I actually felt sorry for Tutu who pretty much did the job of two people today

Hoilett just being hoillett ??? That’s not acceptable.
He was dreadful. Both covered their fullbacks today. JH had more of the ball than SO and did zero with it.
If it wasn’t for the goal I don’t think SO had a good game but certainly no worse than JH. Hoilett had lost his legs but worryingly he doesn’t seem interested and always seems to stay on the floor after being tackled.
SO is not the great messiah by any stretch of the imagination but right now I’d rather him than hoillett.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:00 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:

.I honestly thought ojo wasnt great took goal well but wasnt great again tbh. Went for mozza also thought pack did well

agree...did take the goal well but generally not very good..

Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:10 pm

thomasblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:

I'm assuming you're talking about Ojo , and you're right i think he's crap. I would rather Whyte play areas he puts effort in.

He did nothing today other than a well taken goal that he should have passed to Wilson

He constantly out the ball and dont think he beat his man once down that flank . Tutu did his job for him

Serious question mate, do you think Hoilett was better than Ojo today? If yes, please explain how?

Gets the ball but does nothing with it but protects his full back better than he goes forward. At least he chases down and makes some sort of a effort unlike Ojo who seems to want to walk around and wait for the ball to come to him only to then proceed to do nothing with it

Serious question , if Ojo Hadn't scored that goal which he should have squared to Wilson. What would you have scored his performance today ?
What have you seen in his 4/5 games to give you any sort of opinion that he is good enough to be starting for us ?

...as for ‘should have passed to Wilson’, he took the option to shoot and he scored.
What if he tried to pass to Wilson and for whatever reason, it didn’t work out; I along with many others (I’m guessing you too) would have been screaming ‘why didn’t he shoot? No confidence’ etc.
Some of the greatest goals ever have been scored by not making the (text book) right option.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:47 pm

I voted for Nelson, but anyone from him, morrison, Smithies and Tutu could have won it.

As for Ojo I think he is far more comfortable in the middle rather than down the right flank. How Harris fits him in wuth Wilson and Tomlin will be interesting.

Holliet is living off performances of two seasons ago. He covers well but his legs have gone and he knows it. May as well play Ralls or Bennett there. Or he could be dropped put Murphy on the right and Ojo on the left with Wilson in the middle. Not sure Tomlin is a regular or guaranteed starter any more.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:50 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I voted for Nelson, but anyone from him, morrison, Smithies and Tutu could have won it.

As for Ojo I think he is far more comfortable in the middle rather than down the right flank. How Harris fits him in wuth Wilson and Tomlin will be interesting.

Holliet is living off performances of two seasons ago. He covers well but his legs have gone and he knows it. May as well play Ralls or Bennett there. Or he could be dropped put Murphy on the right and Ojo on the left with Wilson in the middle. Not sure Tomlin is a regular or guaranteed starter any more.

Ralls ? i thought Hoilett had one of his worse games for us today... but legs gone or not he is a better footballer than Ralls will ever be...

Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:59 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:

...as for ‘should have passed to Wilson’, he took the option to shoot and he scored.
What if he tried to pass to Wilson and for whatever reason, it didn’t work out; I along with many others (I’m guessing you too) would have been screaming ‘why didn’t he shoot? No confidence’ etc.
Some of the greatest goals ever have been scored by not making the (text book) right option.

Fair enough to him he had the confidence to go alone and score but the correct option was to square it to Wilson who was wide open. If he had missed you would have a different opinion

Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:12 pm

thomasblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:

Fair enough to him he had the confidence to go alone and score but the correct option was to square it to Wilson who was wide open. If he had missed you would have a different opinion

my opinion on Ojo is similar to yours..but you can not blame him for Moores choice of pass mate...

Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:12 pm

skidemin wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:I voted for Nelson, but anyone from him, morrison, Smithies and Tutu could have won it.

Ralls ? i thought Hoilett had one of his worse games for us today... but legs gone or not he is a better footballer than Ralls will ever be...

I am not advocating playing Ralls there, i was just a making a point about if industry is the only metric to judge Junior by then there are better candidates. Footballers lifespan is very short and he is on the downgrade and doesn't deserve the automatic starters place that Harris has in.

Harris has a very pragmatic view away from home 0-0 is a good result and try to nick it with a bit of a bit of quality or set play. This is why I think Tomlin is a sub.
At home I don't see any different except we try to play 10 m higher. Murphy doesn't track back but nor does Tomlin compared to what we saw Wilson do today. I would start Murphy on Wednesday instead of Junior, with Tomlin in the middle with Wilson on the other flank.

The 2 midfielders will have a hell of a day though, but we will be attacking !!

Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:22 pm

thomasblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:

Agree :thumbup:

Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:25 pm

skidemin wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:

my opinion on Ojo is similar to yours..but you can not blame him for Moores choice of pass mate...

I'm not blaming him , Moore was brilliant in the build up to that goal
I'm saying when Ojo recieved the ball and went passed the defender he had a easy square ball across the box to give Wilson a tap in but chose to go it alone .

Its great he had the confidence to do it himself but if he had missed or got tackled when a east ball was on then he would have got murdered on here for it

It was a brilliant finish from ojo
Last edited by thomasblue on Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:49 pm

thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:

I'm not blaming him , Moore was brilliant in the build up to that goal
I'm saying when Ojo recieved the ball and went passed the defender he had a easy square ball across the box to give Wilson a tap in but chose to go it alone .

Its great he had the confidence to do it himself but if he had missed or got tackled when a east ball was on then he would have got murdered on here for it

It was a brilliant finish from ojo

turned out fine but i thought Moore chose the wrong pass at the time..