Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

MY VIEW: PRESTON NE versus CARDIFF CITY

Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:13 pm

After a bright but fairly tame start, the game got to half-time without any real incident the than the injury to Greg Cunningham that saw the welcome introduction of City new boy, Harry Wilson and a half- chance for Moore

Half-time: Preston NE 0 - 0 Cardiff City

The second half was a different animal and was helped when City took the lead through a fine goal from Sheyi Ojo and made by Keiffer Moore :clap:

The defensive performance of today cannot be underestimated and it plays almost as big a part in any team's strategy as the attack and once the Bluebirds took the lead, the whole team contributed to maintaining it to get City's second away win of the season :clap:

This was overall a display very reminiscent of performances from the latter part of last season and City looked as comfortable as they might controlling Preston to plenty of ball but few real chances

It certainly is an odd day, as had City lost or drawn, I feel sure there would be some very vocal individuals decrying all that City do; such is City's style of play that the result is all empowering and thankfully today all was good

Final result: Preston NE 0 - 1 Cardiff City :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :D
Attachments
44F57D80-790B-4655-A4DA-4AC13ED05108.jpeg
44F57D80-790B-4655-A4DA-4AC13ED05108.jpeg (268.76 KiB) Viewed 2047 times

Re: MY VIEW: PRESTON NE versus CARDIFF CITY

Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:31 pm

Thanks Chris for the report and of course the 3pts Quality :lol: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
Attachments
EknN6C0WkAAj-wb.jpeg
EknN6C0WkAAj-wb.jpeg (37.27 KiB) Viewed 2064 times

Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:39 pm

Chris think fans are going to have to get used to such displays like today as Harris as found a style of play away from home that makes us extremely hard to beat on the rd as the stats reveal! But will say the additional players we have brought in will hopefully let us produce a more fluid game... at times today especially 1st half are approach work was great but lacked final ball particularly from hoilett again!

Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Thanks Chris for the report and of course the 3pts Quality :lol: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

End product has been an issue for us fit some time, Allan :(

Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Thanks Chris for the report and of course the 3pts Quality :lol: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Thanks, Annis :thumbup:

A pretty good day for you; 2 games, 5 goals, none conceded and 6 points

If only Carlsberg did Sunday's like this... :ayatollah: :clap:

Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:25 pm

Sven wrote:

Hopefully wilson and Tomlin between them will change things not that I see them both playing away from home at same time..

Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:10 pm

It was encouraging to see Wilson get up in support of Moore in the second half. Can see those two scoring plenty of goals. Lots of encouraging performances today hopefully we can move on from here.Thought Bacuna deserves a mention he is going to be invaluable if our full backs are injured. Was a bit surprised that Bamba came on rather than Benkovic but he did a decent job. A lot more optimistic after today though there wasn't much between the teams.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:06 pm

Quite a few good performances today but thought Morrison was outstanding.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:15 pm

Sven wrote:

Chris I feel very positive that we are going to get loads of goals this season :clap: hopefully :laughing6:

Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:07 am

Igovernor wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris I feel very positive that we are going to get loads of goals this season :clap: hopefully :laughing6:

Rog, it bodes well after today in as much as the front players usually need time to gain an understanding; but in Wilson and Moore we have two players who have trained together at international level :D
Post a reply