Full backs

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Full backs

Postby Brezza » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:39 pm

With all our fullbacks injured who plays against Bournmouth. I really don’t want Nelson to be moved from centre back. Does it mean we play with 3 at the back?
Brezza

Full backs

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Full backs

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:15 pm

Brezza wrote:With all our fullbacks injured who plays against Bournmouth. I really don’t want Nelson to be moved from centre back. Does it mean we play with 3 at the back?

We have to adapt. Ralls has played at left-back and Bacuna can do right back. Also there is the new signing who has been known to cover at full-back apparently.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:32 pm

I’m hoping Joel Bagan has a chance. But Harris did say Bennett should be fit this week in his post match presser (not sky sports one) but Bournemouth may come a bit to soon. Bacuna could cover the RB, although I thought Nelson was superb there for the short period he was today.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby thomasblue » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:43 pm

I would say its likely looking at today that Harris would play Bacuna in that position if both are unfit

Tutu looking a lot more relaxed and confident on the other side but I worry at his age that he can play the whole season
thomasblue

Postby moonboots » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:56 pm

Very surprised we didn't manage to get Sanderson. Despite right back being our problem position for a season or two we are still no better off numbers wise. I know Bacuna and Nelson can cover there but I would like us to have signed a recognised right back. Perhaps we'll snap up a free agent. There must be a few around in this climate.

I think we looked good today but with a massive amount of fixtures coming up I think we need two or three more bodies.
moonboots

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:05 pm

My only hope is that if both fullbacks are out and Nelson slots in to RB he doesn’t play Bamba in central defence :o
bluebirdoct1962

Postby welshrarebit » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:26 pm

New lad will play CB. Probably just wanted to hold him back so he can work on a relationship with the others defenders.
welshrarebit

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:34 pm

welshrarebit wrote:New lad will play CB. Probably just wanted to hold him back so he can work on a relationship with the others defenders.

Yes that was my thoughts too mate.
He looks class tbf - albeit on YouTube :laughing6:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby welshrarebit » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:54 pm

More importantly what’s he like on champ manager!!?? I’ll have little better to do with all these lockdowns haha
welshrarebit

Return to General Chat