Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' What I was told & also been told by reporters '

Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:41 pm

I was told that Henderson was the original pilot to fly Emiliano Sala back to Wales and he did turn up at the airport and even checked in and saw the plane and said No way was he flying that plane in this weather.
Apparently thats when it all got complicated and things turned sour.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204226

When the crash happened, reporters etc and authorities originally thought it was Henderson who had flown the plane and gone missing.

I was told this about 10hrs after the crash. by the French media (Nantes) when the French media went down there they were even told Henderson had flown the plane.

Its a mystery how he has been charged, going to be very interesting on why he has been charged.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204226 :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' What I was told & also been told by reporters '

Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:42 pm

David Henderson to stand trial after denying charges linked to plane crash which killed Emiliano Sala

BBC

Monday 26th October 2020

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204226

David Henderson appeared at Cardiff Crown Court charged with two offences in relation to the aircraft which crashed and killed footballer Emiliano Sala

A man has pleaded not guilty to endangering the safety of an aircraft which crashed and killed Argentinian footballer Emiliano Sala.

David Henderson, 66, was charged after the single-engine Piper Malibu aircraft crashed into the English Channel north of Guernsey in January 2019, killing sole passenger Sala. Pilot David Ibbotson, who was flying the plane, has never been found.

The body of the 28-year-old Argentinian footballer, who was involved in a multimillion pound transfer from FC Nantes in France to Cardiff City, was recovered the following month, but the body of Mr Ibbotson, 59, from Crowle, Lincolnshire, has not been found.

On Monday, Henderson, wearing a blue suit, appeared at Cardiff Crown Court via a video link to deny two offences under the Air Navigation Order (2016) brought by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).

The court heard he was charged with endangering the safety of an aircraft, as well as attempting to discharge a passenger without valid permission or authorisation.

The court heard the details of the first allegation related to Mr Ibbotson, who was contracted to fly the aircraft, not having a commercial pilot's licence at the time of the flight, with it having expired in November 2018.

It also related to the bad weather which was forecast for the fatal return journey from Nantes to Cardiff, with the pilot not being "competent to fly in such weather".

Henderson had previously appeared at Cardiff Magistrates' Court on September 28.

Stephen Spence, defending, told Cardiff Crown Court he would raise the issue of whether Cardiff would be an "appropriate venue" for a fair trial, considering Sala's link with the Welsh capital's football club.

Judge Tracey Lloyd-Clarke told Henderson his trial date had been fixed for October 18, 2021.

Henderson, from Hotham in the East Riding of Yorkshire, was granted unconditional bail until the trial date.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:12 pm

Odd annis to be charging him with endangering an aircraft when he was not the pilot ... thought that was a pilot offence same as passenger offence? Only thing i can think of is he did the paper work for the aircraft and passenger not ibbotson! which would sort of tie in with fact ibbotson was flying plane when he was not qualified to do so.

Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:49 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Odd annis to be charging him with endangering an aircraft when he was not the pilot ... thought that was a pilot offence same as passenger offence? Only thing i can think of is he did the paper work for the aircraft and passenger not ibbotson! which would sort of tie in with fact ibbotson was flying plane when he was not qualified to do so.

Allan,

Very odd, but your right maybe because he did the paperwork.

Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:00 pm

My theory has always been Ibbitson used Henderson's papers.
This, can be backed up by the fact that Ibbitsons papers had ran out in 2018.

Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Odd annis to be charging him with endangering an aircraft when he was not the pilot ... thought that was a pilot offence same as passenger offence? Only thing i can think of is he did the paper work for the aircraft and passenger not ibbotson! which would sort of tie in with fact ibbotson was flying plane when he was not qualified to do so.

I think the endangerment charge would relate to his knowing the plane was not suitable,or in good enough condition for that flight,with the weather etc.
When this happened,I posted pretty much the same,when it was revealed hendersom had submitted flight plan for that flight to Cardiff.and said it was dodgy from the get go,between him and the pilot who took the flight,with the knowledge the plane was unsuited for the conditions forecast,they took the life of an innocent man in emiliano sala(rip)with little concern for his safety.this is a sorry situation,which wont be heard until a years time,when he goes on trial.

Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Allan,

Very odd, but your right maybe because he did the paperwork.

Annis
Only reason can see why hes being charged? Also can see why city are persuing the course they are ? As appear to be suspect goings on all through this unfortunate situation involving nante and agents.?

Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:06 pm

stickywicket wrote:My theory has always been Ibbitson used Henderson's papers.

That could of happened and that’s why he has been charged.
Henderson was the only one checked in.

Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:06 pm

On Monday, the court heard how Mr Ibbotson was not licensed to fly an aircraft commercially, and a rating to enable him to fly the Piper Malibu aircraft had expired months before the crash
How, would have Ibbitson got though Airport security without
a license.? Answer he used Henderson's.

Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:23 pm

Henderson had flown that plane before. Theres a video on youtube.

Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:37 pm

It does look like Henderson’s licence has been used and he has maybe signed off any relevant paperwork

Then for whatever reason the unqualified/unlicensed Ibbotson actually flew the plane illegally

Dodgy pilots, dodgy unlicensed scum agents...The whole thing is a horrible dirty mess and an innocent person has lost his life because of it

Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:37 pm

I said as much to the mrs at the time,it was said at the time,Henderson had put in the flight plans,as if he were taking the flight,and if Ibbotson had landed safely at Cardiff, none of this would have been unearthed ?it was strange Henderson removed all his social media accounts at the time too :o I have said it before,while I had empathy for the pilot,my sympathy levels were and still are zero,by Ibbotson taking this flight,criminally by the way,he cost a young man his life :sad7: and his own in my eyes,was wreck less to the extreme,so in a way his own death was his fault. :old: :bluebird:

Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:44 pm

indeed... Ibbotson flew him out and stayed in a hotel where there is even a record of what he ate, drank and what time he left..so why would Henderson be in France..

Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:45 pm

indeed... Ibbotson flew him out and stayed in a hotel where there is even a record of what he ate, drank and what time he left..so why would Henderson be in France ranting at a plane ..

Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:19 am

Some fantastic theories/assumptions on this thread; and not one anyone can substantiate other than the OP's assertion that this information (Henderson submitted the paperwork in theory at least) has been out there pretty much from the start

Bound to be a topic of discussion but let the facts unravel themselves and we will then all be officially ITK

This is a serious matter that (as one person says above) may just explain why Cardiff City FC have been so resolute in their determination to see this issue through whilst still piecing together a fund for the Sala estate

Time (not us soothsayers) will tell... :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:24 am

bluesince62 wrote:

I said as much to the mrs at the time,it was said at the time,Henderson had put in the flight plans,as if he were taking the flight,and if Ibbotson had landed safely at Cardiff, none of this would have been unearthed ?it was strange Henderson removed all his social media accounts at the time too :o I have said it before,while I had empathy for the pilot,my sympathy levels were and still are zero,by Ibbotson taking this flight,criminally by the way,he cost a young man his life :sad7: and his own in my eyes,was wreck less to the extreme,so in a way his own death was his fault. :old: :bluebird:

says a hell of a lot for scrutiny re aircraft / flying ... or lack of it...
its insane that as a passenger you have to do all this liquids in the bin, take your jewelry off, shoes and belts off and go through scanners.. but if your the pilot it seems yo can just turn up with a license youve found outside ?

Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:44 am

It is strange but at first sight it would seem to confirm that Henderson was at the airport and we can safely assume that he didn't fly the plane for the reasons given.

The big question is 'who authorised Mr Ibbotson to fly the plane?' especially as it has been stated Mr. Henderson's opinion was the plane was not fit to fly.

The answer could have a huge impact on several people in this murky episode.

Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:51 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

It is strange but at first sight it would seem to confirm that Henderson was at the airport and we can safely assume that he didn't fly the plane for the reasons given.

The big question is 'who authorised Mr Ibbotson to fly the plane?' especially as it has been stated Mr. Henderson's opinion was the plane was not fit to fly.

hendersons opinion the plane was not fit to fly....... ?
where exactl;y does this come from...

Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:53 am

skidemin wrote:

I was personally told by a French reporter who was on the scene with in hrs and was involved in the whole story from beginning to end.

Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

I was personally told by a French reporter who was on the scene with in hrs and was involved in the whole story from beginning to end.

yes i know what the reporter said at the time...
but since then its been widely reported Ibbotson flew Sala out to France, and remained there in a hotel. the hotel has even gone as far as stating what he ate, drank and what time he left the hotel...

Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:41 pm

skidemin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

but since then its been widely reported Ibbotson flew Sala out to France, and remained there in a hotel. the hotel has even gone as far as stating what he ate, drank and what time he left the hotel...

All I can say is I was told by a the reporter close to the case, Henderson checked in to fly the plane and went through all the necessary paper work and saw the plane.

And for me that makes its very suspicious.

Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

All I can say is I was told by a the reporter close to the case, Henderson checked in to fly the plane and went through all the necessary paper work and saw the plane.

And for me that makes its very suspicious.

its all a bit dodgy mate... most people though Henderson was the pilot and missing / dead initially.. but it was in France so not as if he could ring Ibbotson up at a moments notice and then he drive down in half an hour to fly... no doubt some of it will come out in the wash... i doubt even then it will be the whole story as two of the key people are dead and those left will be on damage limitation knowing conversations / agreements with DI and ES can not be challenged..
how ibbotson got to fly a plane when his license had run out is pretty scary tbh.. we have to go through all these security as passengers yet a bloke with an invalid license gets on the tarmac and flies off ?

Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:34 am

Just goes to show what goes on and only comes to light when something goes wrong !!!

Surely folk can see now why Cardiff want this sorted re: criminal activity, before shelling out millions.

Question : How can the court of arbitration judge on anything whilst a criminal investigation is ongoing?

RIP. Both. Although my sympathy is a bit thin on Ibbotson as it's now obvious that he knew he shouldn't have taken the flight wether through greed or desperation, we will never know but still two lives lost unnecessarily.

Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:19 am

The devil will be in the detail

If Henderson refused to fly the plane then who arranged / asked for Ibbotson to fly it ?
Did this person agree to fly it by pretending to be Henderson ?
Did someone forget to change the paperwork ?
Whoever then hired Ibbotson to fly the plane will be at fault.
If Henderson walked away refusing to fly it and subsequently did not do anything else - then he cant be held responsible in my opinion.
Whoever coerced Ibbotson to fly it, doctored any paperwork to allow him to fly it is the person responsible.

Who was that person ?

Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:08 pm

skidemin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

I don't know why you asked where the information came from when you seemed to already know i.e. the French reporter?

It may well be that both Ibbotson and Henderson were present? Just because one has been confirmed as being there (Ibbotson) it doesn't exclude that Henderson wasn't. Or the French reporter made a mistake and got the names mixed up.

We will have to wait until the full detail comes out but it is hard to think of a scenario where Ibbotson was allowed to fly the plane without Henderson's knowing about it.

Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:43 pm

skidemin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

I don't know why you asked where the information came from when you seemed to already know i.e. the French reporter?

It may well be that both Ibbotson and Henderson were present? Just because one has been confirmed as being there (Ibbotson) it doesn't exclude that Henderson wasn't. Or the French reporter made a mistake and got the names mixed up.

We will have to wait until the full detail comes out but it is hard to think of a scenario where Ibbotson was allowed to fly the plane without Henderson's knowing about it.

thought you might have had it from another source...
i dont see a scenario where Ibbotson could make the trip without Henderson knowing either.. as for Henderson being there as well, its not totally impossible but unlikely he would offer Ibbotson a free weekend in Nantes and pay him if he was going himself ? plus of the very few things Henderson has said.. not having been to France has been one.. Ibottson defo flew the outward leg and checked into Nantes airport on the Saturday afternoon..and later into a hotel a few miles from the airport.. which he confirmed of his facebook along with admitting he was rusty flying..

Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:19 am

skidemin wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

i dont see a scenario where Ibbotson could make the trip without Henderson knowing either.. as for Henderson being there as well, its not totally impossible but unlikely he would offer Ibbotson a free weekend in Nantes and pay him if he was going himself ? plus of the very few things Henderson has said.. not having been to France has been one.. Ibottson defo flew the outward leg and checked into Nantes airport on the Saturday afternoon..and later into a hotel a few miles from the airport.. which he confirmed of his facebook along with admitting he was rusty flying..

It was reported at the time that Henderson had completed the flight plan if I remember? But also wasn't the flight original supposed to bensure a lot earlier in the day? Either way,the pilot who took the risk of taking on that fateful flight was Ibbotson, and he can't be charged with anything! ! He took that risk,not once, but twice,seeing as his licence had expired in 2018,plus he was colour blind by all accounts,which if I'm right,prevented him from flying at night and over a body of water? We won't know until the trial,which is a year away,and even then,some questions wil, be unanswered for us. :sad7: :old: :bluebird:

Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:14 am

bluesince62 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

It was reported at the time that Henderson had completed the flight plan if I remember? But also wasn't the flight original supposed to bensure a lot earlier in the day? Either way,the pilot who took the risk of taking on that fateful flight was Ibbotson, and he can't be charged with anything! ! He took that risk,not once, but twice,seeing as his licence had expired in 2018,plus he was colour blind by all accounts,which if I'm right,prevented him from flying at night and over a body of water? We won't know until the trial,which is a year away,and even then,some questions wil, be unanswered for us. :sad7: :old: :bluebird:

yes the hotel reported he left the hotel for the flight back in the morning ,only to return and then leave again early evening going by both times its suggests cross wires over AM and PM..???????
the license, ive read both , that his license had expired and also that his commercial license had expired , the later would still allow him to fly but not for hire and reward... there could well be many unanswered questions as Henderson can claim things without anyone to contradict. but whatever happens with this case it could well be the first of many cases ..will we have have the whole truth ?