Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING NEIL HARRIS:

Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:54 am

:bluebird: :bluebird: “ NEIL HARRIS TODAY UPDATED CARDIFF CITY FANS “ :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tuesday 27th October 2020

NEIL HARRIS:

Joe Bennett?

"Yeah, there’s a chance. Again, another one who needs to be on the training pitch today.

"But in his absence I thought Joel was excellent and will go strength to strength.

"I’m hopeful of having Joe back in the group. You want your important players as well."

A different game tomorrow than Boro?

NEIL HARRIS:

"I think you won’t see a Derby team play similar to what they did a few months ago when they came to CCS a few months ago.

"They’ve got good players and important players back in the group. They’ve got attacking intent.

"It’ll be a completely different game to Boro the other evening.

"We have to handle it completely differently, you have to have great shape, good pressing triggers and organisation.

"When we have the ball we have to hurt them."

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: “ READ ALL NEIL HARRIS UPDATES BELOW “ :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Injuries are up this season - are you aware of that?

NEIL HARRIS:

"I don’t think it’s a question of putting Jordi back in too early. It’s obvious there are a lot more injuries. We are a squad that rarely suffers from soft-tissue injuries. A lot of work goes on behind the scenes in the gym and on massage tables.

"I’m surprised with the injuries but when you think about the logistics of it, unchartered territories, quick turnaround, number of minutes put on players is intense, you are obviously going to pick injuries up.

"Three teams lost players in the warm-up last weekend, Barnsley lost two.

"But we have to protect the players as much as we can. We also want your best players on the pitch. But maybe we have to take a step back and realise it’s a bit different."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEIL HARRIS:

Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:55 am

NEIL HARRIS:

Hmmmm? Nor did other clubs.

Importance of pre-season, you didn’t have one?

"I think that’s key. Everyone assumes lockdown was three months off for players, but it was a majorly intense period for players.

"On top of that, the excitement of the nine-game season and then the quick turnaround. Was there enough rest? No, there wasn’t. But if we didn’t do it then we wouldn’t have a football programme.

"I think we just have to accept we are going to pick injuries up."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:58 am

Sat Sept 5th Northampton Town 3 Cardiff City 0 :cry: :cry: League Cup 1st rd. :cry: :cry:

Sat Sep 12 CARDIFF CITY 0 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 2 :cry: :cry:

Sky Sports Sat Sep 19 Nottingham Forest 0 Cardiff City 2 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Sep 26 CARDIFF CITY 1 READING 2 :cry: :cry:

Sat Oct 03 Blackburn Rovers 0 Cardiff City 0 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sky Sports Sunday 12pm Oct 18 Preston North End 0 Cardiff City 1 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Oct 21 CARDIFF CITY 1 AFC BOURNEMOUTH 1

Sat Oct 24 CARDIFF CITY 1 MIDDLESBROUGH 1

Wed Oct 28 Derby County v Cardiff City

Sat Oct 31 Queens Park Rangers A

Tue Nov 03 BARNSLEY H

Friday 6th Nov 6pm Kick off
Cardiff City vs. Bristol City has been selected for sky tv earning Cardiff City £130,000 :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Nov 21 Millwall A

Wed Nov 25 Coventry City A

Sat Nov 28 LUTON TOWN H

Tue Dec 01 HUDDERSFIELD TOWN H

Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:06 am

NEIL HARRIS:

A problem at home, are your players wanting to play away?

"Results show we’ve been better away from home. But results across the football league. Preston have lost their home games, Derby have. It’s unheard of.

"I don’t expect that to change without fans. In some ways it’s better to be away from home. Usually, you’d expect the worst, a barrage of abuse from fans, mentally and physically, you don’t get that now.

"At home, no mental block, not a conscious problem, it’s just conceding the first goal.

"We have done well in the last few games but we can’t keep doing that. It’s the first-goal mentality."

Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:06 am

NEIL HARRIS:

Harry Wilson back at Derby?

"He had a great loan spell – he scored a lot of goals at Derby a couple of years ago.

"But you're probably also doing his loan spell last season a bit of an injustice, scoring seven or eight goals in the Premier League for a team that was relegated.

"He's had two great spells and he started very well for us as well.

"He creates chances, great free-kick deliveries, great corners, gets lots of shots off and he’s a handful to play against.

"I enjoy seeing him every day in training and he's a real breath of fresh air within the group as well, personality-wise and will just go from strength to strength.

"It’s great to have two players, maverick players, in Lee Tomlin and Harry Wilson, players who play with an air of freedom on the training pitch every day and do things with a football I couldn't do as a player.

"The way they play and the vision they have is phenomenal.

"They just take standards of training up all the time and those players are going to be key to us over the course of a season."

Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:18 am

NEIL HARRIS:

Lee Tomlin?

"Tommo has been on the training pitch, that’s a real positive for us. We certainly hope for some game involvement this week.

"Possibly (on the bench tomorrow night). What we can’t do is push Tommo too soon and he falls off the edge of a cliff. We are really pleased with how he’s gone the last seven days really."

Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:34 am

NEIL HARRIS:

No Wayne Rooney, how much of an advantage is that?

"Yeah, Wayne is a top player in world football let alone the Championship. A huge personality.

"I’m sure it would be a loss to any team.

"Whatever team Derby put out will be a good side."

Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:35 am

NEIL HARRIS:

Filip Benkovic - missed Boro on Saturday, why?

"Filip trained Saturday morning and he’ll play in the under-23s this afternoon. He had a good loan spell last year at Bristol City, but over the course of pre-season he played only 28 minutes and 45 minutes for Leicester City so he is short of match minutes.

"With the huge amount of games we’ve got training is very limited, you are always recovering or preparing for a game.

"So we made the decision that if Filip wasn’t going to start the game then he would be better off doing a different training pattern for us to get up to speed.

"He trained with the under-23s Saturday morning and had a strong, tough session and will get a lot of minutes today.

"Then we think he will be ready to come back into the group at the end of the week."

Re: BREAKING NEIL HARRIS:

Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:06 am

NEIL HARRIS:

Joe Bennett?

"Yeah, there’s a chance. Again, another one who needs to be on the training pitch today.

"But in his absence I thought Joel was excellent and will go strength to strength.

"I’m hopeful of having Joe back in the group. You want your important players as well."

Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:08 am

Injuries are up this season - are you aware of that?

NEIL HARRIS:

"I don’t think it’s a question of putting Jordi back in too early. It’s obvious there are a lot more injuries. We are a squad that rarely suffers from soft-tissue injuries. A lot of work goes on behind the scenes in the gym and on massage tables.

We have given Jordi Osei-Tutu a couple of days rest and will asses Jordi tomorrow."

"I’m surprised with the injuries but when you think about the logistics of it, unchartered territories, quick turnaround, number of minutes put on players is intense, you are obviously going to pick injuries up.

"Three teams lost players in the warm-up last weekend, Barnsley lost two.

"But we have to protect the players as much as we can. We also want your best players on the pitch. But maybe we have to take a step back and realise it’s a bit different."

Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:11 am

A different game tomorrow than Boro?

NEIL HARRIS:

"I think you won’t see a Derby team play similar to what they did a few months ago when they came to CCS a few months ago.

"They’ve got good players and important players back in the group. They’ve got attacking intent.

"It’ll be a completely different game to Boro the other evening.

"We have to handle it completely differently, you have to have great shape, good pressing triggers and organisation.

"When we have the ball we have to hurt them."

Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:18 am

Marlon Pack, how important is he to you?

NEIL HARRIS:

"He’s a very good player. A lot of Marlon’s strengths are with the football as we know.

"He might not have the assist rate that fans want to see, defence-cutting passes – he can play them. I do talk to him about being more aggressive with his passing range.

"His passing range is the best in the football club.

"He is important to make things tick over, always willing to receive the ball, find a pass and willing to receive it again.

"If Marlon Pack makes a mistake he goes and gets the ball again, that’s important in the modern game.

"And his leadership qualities, too, he’s a real talker.

"You can hear him and Alex Smithies on the pitch, he’s an organiser, that’s what you need. He’s been instrumental away from home with defensive solidity and is good in both boxes as well, he’s a good marker.

"He’s had a really good start to the season, I’m really pleased with him.

"I left him out the other day because he covers the most distance within the team – fans might not see that as well.

"Because he’s not explosive or a sprinter like the other three midfielders, who are explosive and aggressive in what they do. But every game, Marlon’s stats are the highest, he covers the most distance in the team, because he is athletic in the sense of a distance runner, but he certainly comes back into the thinking for this one."

Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:52 am

Arsenal loanee hobbles off for the 2nd game in a row

Oct 27, 2020

Jordi Osei-Tutu picked up an injury against Preston North End. It was particularly disappointing given how well he was playing at the time, earning rave reviews from the fans.

As a result, the Arsenal loanee missed the game against Bournemouth in midweek. However, it initially looked like good news for his recovery on Saturday against Boro, as he returned to the squad and the starting lineup.

Unfortunately, Osei-Tutu’s appearance went almost exactly the same way as the last one.

“had boundless energy on the flank and looked cool and calm in possession, rarely [putting] a foot out of place”. But all the same, he hobbled off after 67 minutes, with the club Twitter account confirming he couldn’t continue.

Both the club and City boss Neil Harris stayed quiet on the injury after the game, making no mention of the problem.

Harris and his medical staff obviously need some time to assess it, but you’d imagine they also want to avoid questions about why they brought him back so quickly if he wasn’t ready.

We’ll just have to hope they haven’t caused any more serious damage by playing him again so quickly. Cardiff City face Derby County away on Wednesday, followed by QPR away on Saturday.

Harris today said: "We have given Jordi Osei-Tutu a couple of days rest and will asses Jordi tomorrow."

Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:03 am

Why Liverpool loanee Harry Wilson is 'a breath of fresh air' and the two Cardiff City mavericks we could see at Derby County

Cardiff City travel to Pride Park in hope of continuing their excellent form away from home this season after a stuttering start to life in the Welsh capital

By Glen Williams

Tuesday 27th October 2020

Cardiff City boss Neil Harris believes Liverpool loanee Harry Wilson has been a "breath of fresh air" as the Welshman prepares to face his former club Derby County.

The Rams were believed to be interested in signing the Wales international, which was unsurprising given his exceptional loan spell at Pride Park two years ago, which led to them eventually losing out to Aston Villa in the Championship play-off final at Wembley.

But it was Cardiff who eventually beat Derby, and a number of other Championship rivals, to the punch by sealing his signature this season in a huge transfer coup.

He has started his life as a Bluebird well, netting on his first start in the draw against another of his former clubs, Bournemouth, last week and City fans will be desperate to see him kick on, knowing what he can do in this division.

But, away from the playing pitch, Harris has said the forward has been a joy to watch on the training ground and his ability is clear to see every day.

NEIL HARRIS:

"He had a great loan spell – he scored a lot of goals at Derby a couple of years ago," Harris said of Wilson.

"But you're probably also doing his loan spell last season a bit of an injustice, scoring seven or eight goals in the Premier League for a team that was relegated.

"He's had two great spells and he started very well for us as well.

"He creates chances, great free-kick deliveries, great corners, gets lots of shots off and he’s a handful to play against.

"I enjoy seeing him every day in training and he's a real breath of fresh air within the group as well, personality-wise and will just go from strength to strength."

The Bluebirds had been so heavily reliant on Lee Tomlin's creativity last season that having Wilson in the building feels like a huge burden lifted off the former's shoulders.

We are, though, yet to see both players on the pitch at the same time. Arguably two of the most creative players in the entire division.

And Harris highlighted the importance of having two highly-creative players within his ranks as he sets his sights on climbing the ladder in the coming months after a stuttering start to the campaign.

"It’s great to have two players, maverick players, in Lee Tomlin and Harry Wilson, players who play with an air of freedom on the training pitch every day and do things with a football I couldn't do as a player," he added.

"The way they play and the vision they have is phenomenal.

"They just take standards of training up all the time and those players are going to be key to us over the course of a season."

For that to happen, of course, Tomlin will have to be fully fit.

The 31-year-old has struggled at the start of this season owing to a groin injury, missing the weekend's clash against his former manager Neil Warnock and former employees Middlesbrough.

But, in an update which will certainly excite the fans, Harris is hopeful that Tomlin will be fit enough to play some part this week, perhaps even the clash against Derby, and a Wilson-Tomlin partnership could be seen for the first time.

"Tommo has been on the training pitch, that’s a real positive for us," Harris added. "Keeping him on the training pitch is key now.

"We certainly hope for some game involvement this week."

Asked if Tomlin could make the bench against Derby, Harris replied: "Possibly. What we can’t do is push Tommo too soon and he falls off the edge of a cliff.

"We have to make sure we are sensible with him, but we are really pleased with how he’s gone the last seven days really.

"Having him back on the training pitch and pain free is the main thing."

Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:41 pm

3PTS WITHOUT A DOUBT :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:3PTS WITHOUT A DOUBT :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cannot see anything but a City win...as usual.

:bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :clap: