Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Neil Harris / Liam Rosenior '

Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:05 am

Derby County assistant Liam Rosenior: "

[On the poor home record lost every home game this season] You can't look in the past, you have to look in the future. It's a really difficult time for everyone.

"Our home record last season was outstanding and we had 28,000 fans in. It goes to show how important the supporters are.

"It doesn't hurt anyone as much as me that fans can't be allowed in. But we need to focus on what we now do at home.

"I know Cardiff are a very, very good team at this level but if we perform at our levels we can win the game.

"We've got a big game against a good side on Wednesday. Neil Harris has done a fantastic job there, it's going to be a real physical challenge.

"I saw them play in the play-off semi-final at Fulham and they were really unfortunate not to go through to the final. They have got a physical element, long throws and set plays, but they've got Harry Wilson, they've got [Sheyi] Ojo, they've got really good wide players with quality.

"We know their strengths but I'm sure they know ours as well and they are in for a good game."

Cardiff City manager Neil Harris: :bluebird: :bluebird:

"I think you won’t see a Derby team play similar to what they did a few months ago when they came to Cardiff City Stadium.

"They’ve got good players and important players back in the group. They’ve got attacking intent.

"It’ll be a completely different game to the one against Middlesbrough the other evening.

"We have to handle it completely differently, you have to have great shape, good pressing triggers and organisation and when we have the ball we have to hurt them.

"Results show we’ve been better away from home. But results across the football league show that. Preston have lost their home games, Derby have. It’s unheard of.

"I don’t expect that to change without fans. In some ways it’s better to be away from home. Usually, you’d expect the worst, a barrage of abuse from fans, mentally and physically, you don’t get that now.

"At home, we don't have no mental block, not a conscious problem, it’s just conceding the first goal.

"We have done well in the last few games but we can’t keep doing that. It’s the first-goal mentality."