Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OJo further up the field

Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:46 pm

Now I know there is no comparison with Son of Spurs. But with Harry Wilson now being a clear cut goal scorer I think we should have OJo as the prime focus completing attacking runs and cutting in. He has the pace and audacity to drag players out of position. Just like Son he has that instinct to get in good positions beyond defenders.

If there’s one player I’ve been surprised by so far this season it’s OJo.

I really hope Harris as the foresight to make better use of him tonight. Murphy, OJo and Wilson might just seal the win tonight.

Bluebirds!

Re: OJo further up the field

Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:48 pm

Why not use Ojo and Wilson as the 2 strikers and play football

Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:26 pm

Exactly. The talent they have between them is immeasurable.

But hey, sod it, let’s just keep booting the ball in the air and see how we get on!!

Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:05 pm

Wade Wilson86 wrote:Exactly. The talent they have between them is immeasurable.

But hey, sod it, let’s just keep booting the ball in the air and see how we get on!!

Have you watched many games since Warnock left.When fit Kiefer Moore should always start.

Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:16 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

Have you watched many games since Warnock left.When fit Kiefer Moore should always start.

I have and this season its only 6 goals in 7 league games, so why not try something else.

Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:21 pm

oxfordblue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

I have and this season its only 6 goals in 7 league games, so why not try something else.

Just a quick observation...neither Ojo or Wilson usually play as strikers. :thumbup:

Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:31 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
oxfordblue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Just a quick observation...neither Ojo or Wilson usually play as strikers. :thumbup:

Thats a fair point but I'd give them a go and start playing the ball on the floor with Tomlin pulling the strings

Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:53 pm

oxfordblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
oxfordblue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Thats a fair point but I'd give them a go and start playing the ball on the floor with Tomlin pulling the strings

I do see your point mate and if Tomlin is fit for tonight, I’d play Glatzel up top with Tomlin behind him and Ojo and Wilson out wide. They could have licence to switch.

Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:32 pm

Thing need to change drastically.

My suggestion is OJo playing further up the field. Attacking more and defending less.

I know there’s a ‘Harris Army’ and I like the guy too. But if we had gone up the way we currently play would not have sustainable in the Premier League. Leeds play incredible football and their smashing the Prem. Wolves, incredible style of play.

We need goal scorers. Now. Not another season where out top scorer is 9 goals or whatever.

Like all the pundits and a vast vast majority of football fans booting the ball up fields and hoping someone can hold it up is way to outdated!! Burnley do it well. But their Burnley and we’re Cardiff.

We need a change.

Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:56 pm

I think immeasurable is a bit of a strong word in this case hahaha

Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:09 am

Wade Wilson86 wrote:Thing need to change drastically.

My suggestion is OJo playing further up the field. Attacking more and defending less.

I know there’s a ‘Harris Army’ and I like the guy too. But if we had gone up the way we currently play would not have sustainable in the Premier League. Leeds play incredible football and their smashing the Prem. Wolves, incredible style of play.

We need goal scorers. Now. Not another season where out top scorer is 9 goals or whatever.

Like all the pundits and a vast vast majority of football fans booting the ball up fields and hoping someone can hold it up is way to outdated!! Burnley do it well. But their Burnley and we’re Cardiff.

We need a change.

Wolves and leeds spent big to get promoted, and are spending big to stay there,and it's way to early to say any team is "smashing it" the prem is an expensive place to stay these days,and it's a risk that not always pays off!! :old: :bluebird:

Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:02 am

Wade Wilson86 wrote:But if we had gone up the way we currently play would not have sustainable in the Premier League. Leeds play incredible football and their smashing the Prem. Wolves, incredible style of play.

Wolves were an anomaly the side they put together in the championship was a top ten premier league side.

Leeds have been building their side for a number of years and arguably have one of the greatest managers to grace the championship in Biesla.

It is little wonder both these sides hit the ground running in the Prem.

A better comparison would be Fulham, who for all the plaudits they get on their pretty football are again struggling in the Prem.

Remember if it wasn't for a very dodgy ref in the Chelsea game we would have survived last time out in the prem when Fulham were dead and buried long before us and they are struggling again.

More than one way to play this game. Its what makes it so exciting.