Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Taxi for Harris please

Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:20 pm

Out of his depth, bottom 6 more likely than top 6 with this guy in charge im afraid!

Re: Taxi for Harris please

Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:26 pm

We genuinely look like a relegation team, Harris say we play good football all we are doing is long ball from Morrison to there left back

Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:42 pm

Millwall 4th since harris left

Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:49 pm

The Cobra wrote:Out of his depth, bottom 6 more likely than top 6 with this guy in charge im afraid!

How can you say that? We have key players missing and Harris hasn't been backed by Tan at all this season. Only one right back in the squad who is injured. Bacuna shifted to right back again where he isn't as comfortable, weakening our centre midfield. Yeah, it's all Harris' fault :roll:

Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:51 pm

How about a bus,for all the fans who seem to forget,we support the team,through thick and thin.
Yeah this performance 1st half is f@cking piss poor,but we are only 7 games in.we can turn this around,providing harris rips the shit out of em!!!

Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:56 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
The Cobra wrote:Out of his depth, bottom 6 more likely than top 6 with this guy in charge im afraid!

How can you say that? We have key players missing and Harris hasn't been backed by Tan at all this season. Only one right back in the squad who is injured. Bacuna shifted to right back again where he isn't as comfortable, weakening our centre midfield. Yeah, it's all Harris' fault :roll:

Not according t a few on here about Tan not backing Harris.

Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:47 pm

montyblue wrote:Millwall 4th since harris left

Had this conversation until restart how millwall improved and was ahead of us in league but of course it didn't stay that way... after 7 games not sure it matters who's where in league. :old:

Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:49 pm

I’ve been a big Harris supporter as he did a great job last year. However tonight was terrible. The biggest criticism I can give him is that I lost complete interest in the game. When we scored I cheered but it didn’t feel the same as usual as I know we are just gonna get beat on Saturday or the game after. For the first time in a while for me I’m not sure we have the right man in charge

Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:49 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Had this conversation until restart how millwall improved and was ahead of us in league but of course it didn't stay that way... after 7 games not sure it matters who's where in league. :old:

What does matter is fight, intensity, enthusiasm, call it what u like it is all missing at the moment.

Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:59 pm

Its a shame because Harris is a nice guy but without the money we will be without quality. We still have a winger problem due to how poorly Hoilett plays no idea why Murphy never plays by the way and yeah its a shame. That game was dreadful and hard to watch due to how poor both sides were tonight. Overall I would not rush into anything just yet because Harris done his best work at Millwall so maybe he is still slightly adjusting to life in Cardiff but time could be running out and if we have not improved going into the christmas period then you must look at what is going on.

Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:01 pm

A bit of an over reaction. A disappointing start to the season and I don't like Harris's tactic of putting Glatzel up front with Moore. They just don't link up together.
We missed Wilson and Tomlin plus Osei Tutu. Those sort of players make a big difference. I think we'll start to gel soon and move up the table. :thumbup:

Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:02 pm

fred keenor wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

What does matter is fight, intensity, enthusiasm, call it what u like it is all missing at the moment.

Not sure it's fight it looks more like Harris as got stuck at halfway line when he does tactics? Hes found a way to play away but at expense of going forward .... we don't play with wingers our centre forward plays wide more than in middle and our crossing is appalling.. ... Harris needs to address mindset of must not lose as that is resulting in us drawing last season it was 16 already on 4 out of 8 games this season..... do not a lot wrong suspect need for Tomlin and Wilson to stay fit to make a difference in games like this.

Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:02 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:Its a shame because Harris is a nice guy but without the money we will be without quality. We still have a winger problem due to how poorly Hoilett plays no idea why Murphy never plays by the way and yeah its a shame. That game was dreadful and hard to watch due to how poor both sides were tonight. Overall I would not rush into anything just yet because Harris done his best work at Millwall so maybe he is still slightly adjusting to life in Cardiff but time could be running out and if we have not improved going into the christmas period then you must look at what is going on.

Just give up on the Murphy argument. The reason he didn’t play tonight is because, yet again, he was poor and disinterested on Saturday.

Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:11 pm

moonboots wrote:

A bit of an over reaction. A disappointing start to the season and I don't like Harris's tactic of putting Glatzel up front with Moore. They just don't link up together.
We missed Wilson and Tomlin plus Osei Tutu. Those sort of players make a big difference. I think we'll start to gel soon and move up the table. :thumbup:

i think players being out is something we have to get used to along with all clubs as its a bit relentless this year..... Derby had key players missing too

Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:39 pm

One big yawn, ffs. But hey, its all about opinions I guess.

Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:46 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Are key players missing or did Harris chose not to play them ?

Hasn't been backed by Tan ?

We are in the middle of a pandemic with no idea when fans will be let into the ground and we were still the 4th highest spenders in the league.

2.5mill on a Welsh international striker

500k on a very promising young goalkeeper

Loaned probably the best playmaker in the division on big wages from Liverpool

Loaned a Croatian international centre back from Leicester who will also be on big wages

Plus two other Premier league players on loan

None of that is cheap and Harris has been backed fully this window with some high quality players

Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:00 pm

Are taxis still working these days ????

Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:03 pm

fred keenor wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

honestly dont think you can question the fight/ effort they were winning tackles / headers/ races all night and we were as likely to get a winner as they were... the pointless passing is the manager..

Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:17 pm

we are too good to be involved in a relegation fight... but i agree top 6 playing that crap isnt going to happen.. this season is getting more and more like a Russell Slade effort happy to not be down the bottom .

Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:22 pm

I think the schedule has a big say in the side he puts out-its brutal at the moment.That together with the quick turnaround from last season.If we play our strongest 11 every week they'll all be crocked by xmas.

Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:27 pm

thomasblue wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

We are in the middle of a pandemic with no idea when fans will be let into the ground and we were still the 4th highest spenders in the league.

Loaned a Croatian international centre back from Leicester who will also be on big wages

None of that is cheap and Harris has been backed fully this window with some high quality players

I'm afraid yourself and many others have been blinded by the Moore and Wilson signings. Our transfer activity this season has been:

Osei-Tutu is in for Peltier on far less wages.
Benkovic is in for Flint.
Wilson is in for Paterson on slightly less wages.
Ojo is in for Mendez-Laing.
Dillon Phillips is in for Etheridge on far less wages.

The only occasion Harris has been backed is to bring Moore in, which was around 1.5 million, not 2.5 million. But look at all the wages Harris has saved trimming the squad to help fund the Moore signing - Ward, Bogle, Connolly and Jazz have all left, freeing up I estimate, close to 100k a week.

All the players Harris has brought in has come from him wheeling and dealing and trimming the squad. You can't blame Harris when he hasn't really been backed at all by Tan this season. We really need to be realistic with our expectations.

We only have one right back in our squad and we are currently suffering with Bacuna having to cover that position. A manager properly backed would not be left with only one right back, the reduced depth and being forced to throw a youngster in at the deep end against a team who were in the Premiership last season.

I think a top 6 finish would be a fantastic achievement this season, but if we don't make top 6, Dalman better not say Harris has failed. It's a ridiculous statement from Dalman saying he expects a top 6 finish. Dalman knows full well Harris hasn't really been backed.

Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:38 pm

skidemin wrote:

we are too good to be involved in a relegation fight... but i agree top 6 playing that crap isnt going to happen.. this season is getting more and more like a Russell Slade effort happy to not be down the bottom .

What is slightly worrying is it's not just tonight performances have been lackluster? What was wrong tonight as been wrong in most if not all games so far and Harris has not been able to or wont change way we are set up especially at home! His mindset is dont lose but with that comes the likelihood of drawing games rather than winning or losing? Drew 16 last season 4 so far this season thats a recipe for missing out on top 6 by narrow margin. :old:

Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:47 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:I think the schedule has a big say in the side he puts out-its brutal at the moment.That together with the quick turnaround from last season.If we play our strongest 11 every week they'll all be crocked by xmas.

Best post to date on this thread :thumbup: was even a thread on it,yes it's the same for everyone, but who hand on heart,thought reading would be undefeated in 8? Not me :o :old: :bluebird:

Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:49 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:

What is slightly worrying is it's not just tonight performances have been lackluster? What was wrong tonight as been wrong in most if not all games so far and Harris has not been able to or wont change way we are set up especially at home! His mindset is dont lose but with that comes the likelihood of drawing games rather than winning or losing? Drew 16 last season 4 so far this season thats a recipe for missing out on top 6 by narrow margin. :old:

Or it is a recipe for top 6,as we finished 5th,despite drawing 16 games?? Glass half full me :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:39 am

pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:

i keep reading this lack of fight or enthusiasm.. either would defo result in being hammered or at least being under sustained pressure in games which i dont see... the other side of that is we dont look like burying anyone either... m,yt fear is we end up like the Frank Burrows team of 99/00 looked to good to go down but drew far too many games that were there to be won...

Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:08 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I'm afraid yourself and many others have been blinded by the Moore and Wilson signings. Our transfer activity this season has been:

The only occasion Harris has been backed is to bring Moore in, which was around 1.5 million, not 2.5 million. But look at all the wages Harris has saved trimming the squad to help fund the Moore signing - Ward, Bogle, Connolly and Jazz have all left, freeing up I estimate, close to 100k a week.

All the players Harris has brought in has come from him wheeling and dealing and trimming the squad. You can't blame Harris when he hasn't really been backed at all by Tan this season. We really need to be realistic with our expectations.

We only have one right back in our squad and we are currently suffering with Bacuna having to cover that position. A manager properly backed would not be left with only one right back, the reduced depth and being forced to throw a youngster in at the deep end against a team who were in the Premiership last season.

I think a top 6 finish would be a fantastic achievement this season, but if we don't make top 6, Dalman better not say Harris has failed. It's a ridiculous statement from Dalman saying he expects a top 6 finish. Dalman knows full well Harris hasn't really been backed.

I'm afraid yourself and a few others on here are just blinded by your hatred of Vincent Tan because of the rebrand or because he's not a certain other former owner

Whatever he does is wrong

We came down from the Premier league after spending a lot of money and we needed to trim the wage bill to get ready to comply with FFP.

We didn't lose or sell any main players on fringe players on big money.

Despite that and the fact the club has lost a lot of income on match days he still sanctioned big money signings for three international players and a few young premier league players.

Harris has been fully backed and our form is down to him because we certainly have the squad to compete

Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:32 am

Unbeaten away from home tonight to keep 5 match unbeaten run going 4 points off play offs
Taxi mini bus for all the negative posters please :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:47 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

So we have improved the squad on less wages.

I wish Tan wouldn’t back Harris some more.

Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:29 am

Eddie Howe still available!

Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:12 am

Barclay1 wrote:Eddie Howe still available!

Yep